641M 4G LTE Router
- ALL connections must be SELV (Safety Extra Low Voltage <50V AC & <120V DC)
- WARNING – Explosion Hazard – Do not Disconnect equipment while the circuit is live or unless the area is known to be free of ignitable concentrations.
- “GND” Screw must be connected to EARTH / GROUND as close as practical to the unit.
- To comply with FCC RF Exposure requirements in section 1.1310 of the FCC Rules, antennas used with this device must be installed to provide a separation distance of at least 45 cm (17inches) from all persons.
|RS485 Serial||RS232 Serial – DCE (Modem)||RS232 Serial – DTE (PC)|
|Digital Inputs||Digital Outputs|
Setting the basic connection and APN
- Remove the screw from the small plate on the top/side of the modem to access the SIM cardholder.
Insert the SIM card(s) Into the SIM sockets. Push SIM card all the way until there is a positive click and SIM card is retained. To remove just push the SIM card down and it will spring back up.
- Before switching on the modem, please ensure the antennas are securely connected and connect the 9-48 Vdc power supply to the V- and V+. GND terminal should be connected to surge earth.
- Connect any of the Modems Ethernet ports to a PC via an RJ45 Ethernet cable.
Set the PC to obtain an IP address automatically from the modem router.
The PC will get an IP address in the range of 192.168.1.XXX.
- Open the Web browser and type in 192.168.1.1 into the Address bar.
A login window will appear, enter the login details as:
Username = admin and
Password = admin
- Upon first connection after a factory default (Out of the Box) the modem is configured to auto-detect network APN. If successful, Active Link Information will be listed in the modem home page.
If not then navigate to Link Management-Cellular and select the Cellular tab and then click on the edit button on the right side for SIM1. Turn off Auto APN and enter the APN details. Once the change is done, click save and close. Then click on apply and the router will connect to the network. Recheck status after 1-2 minutes.
Its strongly recommended changing the password from the default.
- When all Settings are configured navigate back to Link Management > Cellular and the Connection should show as “Registered”.
All I/O connections must be SELV
§ 9-48Vdc Supply or internal battery charger input, 1A NEC Certified Class 2
|Operating Temp ext supply||-40 to 75°C (-40 to 167°F)|
|Internal Humidity||Max 95% non-condensing|