SQUAWK DIRTY TO ME
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY SQUAWK 7700
- simple and effective 6hp stereo VCF
- 8 ﬁlter modes available with meta CV scanning, famous zero-delay feedback Grand Terminal ﬁlters
- additional hi-pass ﬁlter in series quickly cuts the boomy low end
- 96 kHz 16 bit digital audio stereo processing Depth: 30mm (with plugged ribbon cable) Power requirements: +12V: 130 mA -12V: 25 mA
RTFM – be so kind as read the manual. It will provide you with the information you need to fully indulge the module you just purchased – for which we like to thank you.
Enjoy your sound experiences, dear sonic traveler.
Beginning from the product’s purchase date a 1-year warranty is guaranteed for each product in case of any manufacturing errors or other functional deﬁciencies during runtime.
The warranty does not apply in the case of:
- damage caused by misuse
- mechanical damage arising from careless treatment (dropping, vigorous shaking, mishandling, etc.)
- damage caused by liquids or powders penetrating the device
- heat damage caused by overexposure to sunlight or heating
- electric damage caused by improper connecting
The warranty covers replacement or repair, as decided by us.
Please contact us via email for a return authorization before sending anything. Shipping costs of sending a module back for servicing is paid by the customer.
Device complies with all EU regulations concerning RoHS lead-free manufacturing and WEEE disposal
Endorphin.es are made in Barcelona, Spain
For technical requests: [email protected]
For general requests: [email protected]
FURTH BARCELONA, S.L.
VAT ID: ES B66836487
download the latest ﬁrmware/bank when available from: http://airways.endorphin.es
Power OFF your modular system:
Hold ‘mode’ while powering your system again:
You will see the status LED will blink blue:
Connect the audio output from your computer headphones output to one of the audio inputs of the module with simple mono or stereo cable.
Press PLAY and wait 2+ minutes.
Use an ﬁle player that does not apply audio compression to the ﬁle.
During the update process, you should observe that the BLUE light is blinking faster than initially.
The module will reboot automatically after the new ﬁrmware was installed
Make sure you don’t input any extra sounds during the update process (reminder signals from your calendar, etc.). When the status LED ﬂashes RED – that means the signal is too low or too high – just reset the ﬁrmware aquire process by pressing MODE once.
IMPORTANT: To prevent errors during the audio playback of the ﬁrmware, please use any audio editor without any effects applied (EQ, etc).
Input 1 is internally connected, or so-called ‘normalled’ to input 2 when nothing is plugged into input 2.
• 24 DB/OCT TRANSISTOR LADDER zero-delay feedback low-pass ﬁlter: Modelled after the famous Minimoog ﬁlter.
• MS-20 12 DB/OCT zero-delay feedback OTA-low-pass ﬁlter: Be careful, that ﬁlter has a very powerful and dirty resonance.
• 12 DB/OCT LO-PASS GATE, non-resonant zero-delay feedback ﬁlter where instead of the resonance, we control the DECAY closing time of the virtual patrol.
While ‘pinging’ Cutoff CV with a short pulse of voltage and adjusting the decay will give us that distinct ‘Buchla Bongo’ sound.
• 12 DB/OCT RESONANT LO-PASS GATE – a variation of the zero-delay feedback vactrol ﬁlter model III with ﬁxed fast decay and full control over the resonance.
The resonance of the sound is ringing, just as it may be expected from a typical LPG.
• 12 DB/OCT DJ ISOLATOR-STYLE BIPOLAR zero-delay feedback state-variable ﬁlter: Sound is unﬁltered when the Cutoff knob is in the middle/noon position. It ﬁlters high frequencies/low-pass when turning the knob CCW and ﬁlters low frequencies/hi-pass when turning the knob CW from its middle position.
• 12 DB/OCT HIGH-PASS STATE-VARIABLE FILTER: (zero delay feedback), single hi-pass on full knob range
• 12 DB/OCT BAND-PASS STATE VARIABLE zero-delay feedback ﬁlter with ‘cutoff’ knob you choose band’s center point and with Resonance knob the width of the band.
• COMB FILTER: It recreates a series of harmonically related amounts of notch ﬁlters. In a static state, it sounds similar to a phaser, but with modulation applied to the frequency, it comes closer to a ﬂanger. With resonance set to full CW, it becomes a resonator.
SIMPLE MONO OPERATION
MONO TO STEREO OPERATION
TRUE STEREO OPERATION
QUICK AND DIRTY PATCH EXAMPLE
For a wider stereo image.
Pressing and holding the MODE button longer than 2,5 seconds will enable the HPF knob to set the allpass amount to OUT 2.
Full CCW knob position will set zero delays while full CW will increase OUT2 channel delay to up to 1/3 seconds. Small amounts of allpass delay will create the stereo widening effect. Experiment with the amount to your taste.
NOTE: All changes in the All-Access Pass settings are saved/stored and will be restored when the module is powered up the next time.
META META META META META META META META
Approximate table of voltages which correspond to chosen ﬁlter types.
Offset is set to ﬁlter I and CV polarizer is set to full CW position.
ENDORPHIN.ES® – SQUAWK DIRTY TO ME
Module design by Andreas Zhukovsky
Collection Spring/Summer 2019
Made in Barcelona
Special thanks to Xavier Galai for additional code and crazy ideas.
Follow, like, post, and tag us on Instagram: endorphin.es