POWER SYSTEM SERIES
Congratulations on the purchase of your Archie power system from Enerdrive. This all-in-one system was designed for those who want the best charging, power supply, and monitoring package in one compact portable package. Your system includes the following individual products:
- Ener drive 12V 100AH eLITE Lithium Battery (Optional 12V 125AH B-TEC Lithium Battery)
- Ener drive DC2DC40+ DC Battery Charger with Blue Anderson vehicle charge input and Red Anderson solar charge input.
- Ener drive ePOWER 600W Inverter
- Ener drive ePRO PLUS Battery Monitor
- 2 x Twin USB Outlets, 3 x DC Outlets, 2 x 50A Anderson Style Outlets
- Consideration must be given to avoid moisture and excessive dust.
- If you choose to fix Archie into a semi permanent location use the supplied mounting brackets.
- Slide each bracket into the slots located on the front and back of Archie.
- Use appropriate fasteners for the material the brackets will be fastened into. It is recommended where possible use a bolt and nut (nutsert or similar) especially if you are planning on frequent removal.
- The two handles on Archie can be removed to reduce overall height when used in installed applications.
- Alternatively you can use 2 x tie down straps over the Archie, run from side to side.
Caution: Ensure any debris from the mounting process is thoroughly removed to prevent damage to equipment or wiring.
Caution: Ensure that there is adequate spacing for wiring and be sure to check no wiring is in the path of fasteners when mounting the power system.
Connecting Loads (Appliances)
Archie is designed as a portable/fast install system therefore has the following outlets allowing you to connect various DC and AC equipment.
- 2x 50 Amp Anderson (1 Front, 1 Rear), protected by the “ANDOS” circuit breaker.
- 2x Twin USB 2.4A Hi Amp Sockets, protected by the “USB Outlets” circuit breaker and controlled by the “Outlets” circuit breaker.
- 3x 12V DC Power Outlets, 2 on the front, 1 on the rear, protected by the “DC Outlets” circuit breaker and controlled by the “Outlets” circuit breaker.
- 1x 230V AC outlet supplied from the 600W true sine wave inverter, protected and controlled by the “Inverter” circuit breaker. Inverter also has internal over load protection.
Always ensure you use the appropriately rated socket based on the current draw of your connected appliance.
- Using a genuine “red” Anderson plug, connect your unregulated solar panels directly into Archie. Use of portable folding panels are recommended when Archie will be used in a portable application. When installed in a vehicle the use of fixed panels may be preferred. Refer to the Specifications table for maximum solar panel rating.
Connecting to Main (Start) Battery
- Using the optional Vehicle Charge Cable Kit connect the lug end to your main/start battery. The supplied 70A midi fuse must be located as close as possible to the main/start battery. Connect the “blue” Anderson plug on the cable kit to the “blue” Anderson Vehicle Input plug. This input is protected by the “DC2DC” circuit breaker on the rear.
- If you select to run your own cabling connect a genuine “blue” Anderson plug to the end Archie will be installed. Connect the other end to your main/start battery. A 70A midi fuse located as close as possible to the main/start battery is required. Refer to cable sizing chart.
DC2DC Connection Inputs Require Length & Battery Cable Size DC2DC set to
2 Meters to 5 Meters (2) Up to 10 Meters (2) Greater than 10 Meters From Start Battery 6-16mm² @ 12vdc
/ 4-8mm² @ 24vdc
16-35mm² @ 12vdc
/ 8-16mm² @ 24vdc
Note: Refer to DC2DC manual for information on wiring for vehicles with smart alternators.
Archie is fitted with a Battery Reset switch. This allows a flat battery to be “jump-started” from the main/start vehicle battery when connected.
- Turn of ALL DC and AC loads
- Ensure the “DC2DC” circuit breaker on the back of Archie is turned on.
- Ensure the blue “Vehicle Input” plug is connected to Archie and the vehicle is running.
- Hold the green “Reset” button on the back of Archie for 5-10 seconds.
- Release and wait 10seconds
- Power should now be restored and charging will commence
- When the SOC (State of Charge) is above 20%, loads can be switched on if required
If you will not be using your Archie system for more than a week and will not be connected to the vehicle or solar charge it is recommended to turn off the 4 circuit breaker panels on the rear of Archie. This will reduce standby’s current draw.
Archie – Enerdrive Wiring
This wiring diagram is only a representation of how the wiring is done and may not fully reflect exactly how your system is wired.
Archie – Capabilities
|DC Charger||Output Current Maximum: 40-50A|
|Solar Input Voltage: 14.5-45VOC|
|Solar Wattage Maximum: <23V Input, 500W (600W allowable),
37.5V-45V Input, 750W (800W allowable)
|Inverter||AC Output: 230V 50Hz|
|AC Output Power: 600W Cont (900W Surge)|
|Battery||Standard – 12V 100Ah LiFePO4|
|Optional – 12V 125Ah LiFePO4 with Bluetooth monitoring|
|General||Dimensions||470L x 265W x 415H (without brackets)|
|490L x 265W x 415H (with brackets)|
|Weight||25.0KG (with 100Ah eLITE)|
|28.0KG (with 125Ah B-TEC )|
5 Year Warranty
In the unlikely event that a technical issue arises with an Enerdrive product, customers are encouraged to initially contact the Enerdrive Support Team on 1300 851 535 or
[email protected] for immediate and efficient expertise and first-class product
Important Note: Consumer Protections
If you have purchased your product in Australia, you should be aware that:
This warranty is provided in addition to other rights and remedies held by a consumer at law. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian consumer law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Enerdrive warrants that its Products will be free from defects in materials and workmanship (subject to limits, and in normal conditions, as described in the complete Enerdrive Warranty Policy) for up to 5 years from the date of purchase.
For full terms, conditions, and claim process, refer to the Enerdrive website. https://enerdrive.com.au/warranty/