EUROM Pipe Defrost on-off Pipe Defrost on-off
This manual describes the correct and safe use of this product. Keep this manual for future reference. The manual is an essential part of the product and must be given to the new owner upon resale or exchange. This manual has been compiled with the utmost care. Nevertheless, we reserve the right to improve and adjust this manual at any time. The images used may differ.
The following symbols and terms are used in this manual to alert the reader on safety issues and important information:
Indicates a hazardous situation which, if the safety instructions are not followed, can lead to injuries to the operator or bystanders, light and/or moderate damage to the product or to the environment.
Indicates a hazardous situation that, if the safety instructions are not followed, can lead to light and/or moderate damage to the product or to the environment.
EUROM offers a 36-month warranty on this product from the date of purchase. The warranty does not cover wear and tear from normal use. The warranty expires if a defect is the result of unintentional or careless use of the product. The manufacturer, importer and supplier are not liable for incorrect connections.
on/off 2 m
on/off 4 m
on/off 10 m
on/off 20 m
|Product size:||2 m||4 m||10 m||20 m|
|Weight:||336 g||434 g||710 g||1196 g|
|Voltage:||230 V ~
|230 V ~
|230 V ~
|230 V ~
|Power:||30 W||60 W||150 W||300 W|
|Max. exposure temperature:||105 °C||105 °C||105 °C||105 °C|
|5 °C||5 °C||5 °C||5 °C|
|Protective class:||Class I||Class I||Class I||Class I|
The Pipe defrost on/off (Figure 2) is an easy-to-use heating cable to protect indoor and outdoor water pipelines from freezing. The cable automatically turns on and off, to save energy and not overheat the pipeline.
- Power plug
- Main body
Transport and storage
- Disconnect the power plug from the power outlet (Figure 5).
- Let the cable cool down before touching it (if applicable).
- Remove the cable from the pipeline.
- Clean and wind the cable.
- Transport the cable in its original packaging.
- Store the cable in its original packaging in a cool, dry and dust-free area.
Please read and understand these safety instructions. Incorrect use can cause injury and will void EUROM’s warranty. This device is not suitable for use by persons with a physical, sensory or mental disability, or lack of experience and knowledge (including children). Keep the device out of reach of children, unqualified persons and pets.
General safety instructions
The outside coating from the heating cable is not suited to have any contact with drinking water or other drinkable or edible products. It is not a problem to install the cable on the outside of a drinking water pipeline. The heating cable (not the power plug) is protected against immersion for up to 30 minutes at depths between 15 cm and 1 m. Despite this rating, we strongly recommend to:
- prevent splashing water on the cable.
- not immerse any part of the cable in water or other liquids.
The device becomes very hot during use. Do not touch the device during use or within five minutes after use.
Safety during operation
Do not use the cable:
- within drinking water or other drinkable or edible products;
- in a wall, floor or ceiling;
- on a plastic pipeline, unless the pipeline is wrapped in aluminum foil and is filled with water at all times.
- on a pipeline heated above 65 °C, like a steam pipeline;
- on a non-water pipeline, like a gas pipeline or an oil pipeline;
- near other heat sources and open fire;
- near flammable materials;
- with accessories not recommended or supplied by the manufacturer;
- with an appliance that automatically switches the device on, such as a timer, dimmer or any other device.
If the device, the electric cable or plug shows damage or is malfunctioning, immediately take the appliance out of use and disconnect the power supply.
Installation and operation
The cable is packed in one box. Remove all packaging material and check that the cable is not damaged. Do not use the heater cable if it is damaged, but always contact your supplier. Keep the packaging for safe storage and transport.
Do not put the power plug into the wall socket before the device is completely uncoiled. Make sure that the main voltage is the same as indicated on the identification label of the device. All electrical connections must stay dry under all circumstances. Never install the cable when the pipeline is colder than 5 °C. Never use insulation thicker than 13 mm. Both tape and insulation materials must be able to withstand at least 80 °C. Never use metal bindings to secure the heating cable to the pipeline. Never allow the heating cable to touch, cross or overlap itself at any point. Never let the heating cable touch the thermostat. Minimum bend radius from the heating cable is 25 mm,
- Make sure the area around the pipeline is clear of sharp edges and flammable materials.
- Place the thermostat tightly against the pipe and secure it using tape. The thermostat should be placed on the coldest end of the pipe.
- Fix the cable (Figure 3, pos. 1) at the bottom of the desired pipeline using tape (Figure 3, pos. 3) every 20 cm. For vertical pipelines, fix the cable on the weather side.
- If the cable is too long or if greater power is needed, the cable may also be coiled around the pipeline (Figure 3, pos. 2).
For pipelines with a diameter larger than 38 mm, apply 2 separate heating cables on opposite sides of the pipeline or coil the heating cable around the pipeline.
- 5. Put non-flammable insulation over the thermostat, pipeline and cable (Figure 4, pos. 1).
- Fasten the insulation with tape (Figure 4, pos. 2).WARNING
Before plugging in the cable, make sure that:
- you install the device with dry hands;
- the cable is clean and dry;
- the cable is not damaged;
- the cable is securely installed.
- Place the power plug (Figure 5, pos. 1) into an earthed wall socket that is easily accessible. Use an earthed wall socket with a minimum power of 300 Watt.
The thermostat activates the heating cable when exposed to temperatures below approximately 3 °C. The thermostat will deactivate the heating cable when exposed to temperatures above approximately 13 °C.
Do not use the power cable to unplug. Do not wind the cable too tightly or in sharp corners.
The heating cable may remain on the pipeline all year round. It is recommended to unplug the power cable at the end of the freezing season.
Never cut the cable to shorten it. Do not perform any repairs or modifications to this cable.
- scouring pads;
- hard brushes;
- flammable, aggressive or chemical cleaning products.
Prevent water from entering the device. Do not immerse any part of the device in water or other liquids.
It is recommended to clean the cable prior to storage.
- Wipe the device with a damp, clean, soft, lint-free cloth or a soft brush.
- Let the device dry completely prior to storage.
At its end of life, discard the device according to the local laws and regulations, or deliver the device to your supplier.
The CE declaration can be found at the end of this manual.