EVERCROSS EV5 Self Balancing Scooter
HELMETS SAVE LIVES!
Always wear a properly fitted helmet that complies with safety standards when you ride your hoverboard.
PLEASE READ THE USER MANUAL THOROUGHLY. Failure to follow the basic instructions and safety precautions listed in the user manual can lead to damage to your device, other property damage, serious bodily injury, and even death. Thank you for purchasing the EVERCROSS EV5 Hoverboard. Please read all instructions carefully before using and retain this manual for future use and reference. This manual applies to the EVERCROSS EV5 Hoverboard.
- In order to avoid dangers that are caused by collisions, falls, and loss of control, please learn how to ride the EV5 safely.
- You can learn operating skills by reading the product manual and watching videos.
- This manual includes all operating instructions and precautions, and users must read it carefully and follow the instructions.
- All users are responsible for any consequences caused by violating warning contents or prompt operations.
- Use only the supplied charger with this hoverboard.
- Do not ride on icy or slippery surfaces.
- Read the user manual and warnings before riding.
- Store the EV5 in a dry, ventilated environment.
- When transporting the EV5, avoid violent crashes or impact.
The device uses digital electronic gyroscopes and acceleration sensors to control balance and motion, depending on the user’s center of gravity. The device also uses a control system to drive the motors that are located within the wheels. The device has a built-in inertia dynamic stabilization system that can help assist with balance when moving forward and backwards, but not while turning.
To increase your stability, you must shift your weight in order to overcome the centrifugal force during turns, especially when entering a turn at higher speeds.
|Net Weight||24.25 lbs (11 kg)|
|Load||44-265 lbs (20-120 kg)|
|Max Speed||Up to 9.32 mph (15 km/h)
(For safety, the hoverboard will alarm if the speed exceeds 12 KM/H)
|Max Distance Range||Up to 9.32 miles (15 km)|
|Max Incline Angle||15°|
|Minimum Turning Radius||0°|
|Battery Voltage||36 V|
|Battery Capacity||4.4 Ah|
|Wheel Size||8.5 Inches|
|Tire Type||Non-Pneumatic Solid Tires|
|Bluetooth Range||Up to 33ft|
|Bluetooth Speaker||V2.0 with stereo sound quality|
The above datas may vary depending on riding conditions, rider weight, climate, and/or proper maintenance.
The EV5 hoverboard is a personal transporter. Our technology and production processes are developed with strict testing for each EV5. Riding without following the contents of this manual may lead to damage to your device, or may cause bodily injury. This manual is designed to give you the information you need for the safe operation and maintenance of your EV5. Please read it thoroughly before riding your EV5.
- EVERCROSS – EV5 Hoverboard
- Charge Adapter
- Operation Manual
- Left Foot Mat
- LED Status Indicator
- Power/Battery Indicator
- Right Foot Mat
- Non-Pneumatic Solid Tires
- LED Light
- Charge Port (Located in rear)
- Power Button (Located in rear)
- Protective Chassis Casing
It is important that you fully understand all elements of your EV5 Hoverboard. If these elements are not used correctly, you will not have full control of your EV5. Before you ride, or ride outside of a controlled environment, learn the functions of the various mechanisms on your hoverboard. Practice using these elements of your EV5 at slower speeds in a flat, open area before taking the device out in public areas.
Ensure that your EV5 Hoverboard is in proper working order each and every time you ride. If a part of the hoverboard does not function correctly, please contact our Customer Support Center.
Any EV5 that does not work properly can cause you to lose control and fall. Do not ride EV5 with a part that is damaged; replace the damaged part before riding.
- Ensure the battery is fully charged before riding your EV5 Hoverboard.
- If the EV5 is not to be used for an extended period of time, please recharge the battery every 2 months to maintain the battery life.
- Ensure that the screws on the front and back tires are locked firmly before each ride.
- Please wear all appropriate safety and protective gear as previously mentioned in the User Manual before operating your device.
- Make sure to wear comfortable clothes and flat closed-toe shoes when operating your device.
- Please carefully read the User Manual, which will assist in explaining the basic working principles and provide tips on how to best enjoy your experience.
RIDING YOUR EV5 HOVERBOARD
FAILURE TO FOLLOW ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SAFETY PRECAUTIONS CAN AND MAY LEAD TO DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, VOID YOUR MANUFACTURER WARRANTY, LEAD TO PROPERTY DAMAGE, CAUSE SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, AND CAN LEAD TO DEATH. Before using your hoverboard, be sure to familiarize yourself with the operating procedures.
OPERATING YOUR DEVICE
Make sure the device is fully charged before your initial use. For charging instructions, please follow details under CHARGING YOUR DEVICE. Stand directly behind your device and place one foot on the corresponding foot mat (as described in the diagram below). Keep your weight on the foot which is still on the ground, otherwise the device may begin to move, making it difficult to step on evenly with your other foot. When you are ready, shift your weight to the foot already placed on the device and step on with your second foot quickly and evenly (as described in the diagram below).
Stay relaxed and step on quickly, confidently and evenly. Imag-ine climbing stairs, one foot, then the other. Look up once your feet are even. The EV5 may vibrate or spin in one direction, if weight and pressure are applied to one feet mat. This is normal.
On average, it takes 3-5 minutes just to get comfortable standing on your device and maintaining proper balance. Having a spotter will help you feel more secure. The EV5 Hoverboard is an incredibly intuitive device; it senses even the slightest bit of motion, so having any anxiety or reservation about stepping on may cause you to panic and trigger unwanted movement. When you first begin using your device, the fastest way to move in your desired direction is to focus in that direction. You will notice that just thinking about which way you would like to go will shift your center of gravity, and that subtle movement will propel you in that direction. Your center of gravity determines which direction you move, accelerate, decelerate, and come to a complete stop. As described in the diagram below, tilt your center of gravity in the direction you wish to move. To turn, focus on the direction you wish to turn and stay relaxed. As you get comfortable on the device, you will notice it becomes easier to maneuver. Remember at higher speeds, it is necessary to shift your weight to overcome the centrifugal force. For bumps or uneven roads, bend your knees.
Dismounting your device can be one of the easiest steps, yet when done incorrectly, may cause you to fall. To properly dismount, from a stopped position, lift one leg up and set your foot back down on the ground (STEPPING BACK). Then step off completely as described in the following diagram.
Make sure to lift your leg completely off the foot mat to clear the device when stepping back to dismount. Failure to do so may send the EV5 into a tailspin.
If the EV5 is not placed on a level surface, an alarm will sound and the warning indicator will light up and prevent the EV5 from moving. Place EV5 on a level surface and try riding it again.
WEIGHT AND SPEED LIMITATIONS
Speed and weight limits are set for your own safety. Please do not exceed the limits listed here in the manual.
- Maximum Weight: 264 lbs
- Minimum Weight: 44 lbs
- Maximum Speed: 9 mph
Please notice the EV5 can travel a distance up to 9 miles on a fully charged battery in ideal conditions. The following are some of the major factors that will affect the operating range of your device.
- Terrain: Driving distance is highest when riding on a smooth, flat surface. Riding uphill and/or on rough terrain will reduce distance significantly.
- Weight: A lighter user will have further range than a heavier user.
- Ambient temperature: Please ride and store the device under recommended temperatures, which will increase driving distance; battery life, and overall performance of your device.
- Speed and Driving Style: Maintaining a moderate and consistent speed while riding produces maximum distance. Traveling at high speeds for extended periods, frequent starts and stops, idling and frequent acceleration or deceleration will decrease overall distance.
CONTROLS AND DISPLAY
TURNING YOUR DEVICE ON/OFF
Power On: Take your device out of the box and place it flat on a level surface. Press the power button once. Check the battery LED indicator. The battery indicator light should be lit, indicating the device is powered on. Power Off: Press the power button once.
There are four sensors under the foot mats on your EV5 Hoverboard. When the user steps off the hoverboard mats, it will automatically initiate self-calibration. When riding the hoverboard, you must ensure you are stepping on the foot mats. Do not step or stand on any other area of your hoverboard. Do not put items on the foot mats. Doing so will make the EV5 turn on, and increase the probability of collision and cause injury to people, riders, or damage the device.
The display board is located in the middle of the EV5 Hoverboard.
- Green LED light indicates the device is charged above 20 percent.
- Red LED light indicates the power is down to 10 percent or lower. When the LED light turns red, please recharge the device.
When the operator triggers the foot mats, the LED Status Indicator will light up, which indicates that the EV5 Hoverboard is now ready for use. When the system has an error during operation, the status LED light will turn red (for more details see SAFETY ALERTS).
- Low temperature will affect the lubrication of moving parts inside the EV5 Hoverboard, increasing internal resistance. At the same time, in low temperatures, the discharge capacity and the capacity itself of the battery will be significantly decreased.
- Use caution when riding the EV5 in cold temperatures (below 40 degrees F).
- Operating in low temperatures may increase the risk of mechanical failures of the scooter, which may lead to damage to your device, other property damage, serious bodily injury and even death.
- Keep the device away from heat sources, direct sunlight, humidity, and prolonged exposure to water.
- Do not operate the device if it has been exposed to water, moisture or any other liquids to prevent against electric shock, explosion and/or injury to yourself and damage to the device.
- Do not use the device if it has been dropped or damaged in any way.
- Repairs to electrical equipment should only be performed by a qualified electrician. Improper repairs may place the user at serious risk.
- Do not puncture or harm the exterior surface of the product in any way.
- Keep the device free from dust, lint, etc.
- Do not use this device for anything other than its intended use or purpose. Doing so may damage the device.
- Do not expose batteries, battery pack, or batteries installed to excessive heat, such as direct sunlight, or open flame.
- Do not operate or allow others to operate the EV5 hoverboard, until the user understands all instructions, warnings and safety features described in this manual.
- Persons with head, back or neck ailments or prior surgeries to those areas of the body should not use the EV5 hoverboard.
- Persons with any mental or physical conditions that may make them susceptible to injury or impair their physical or mental capabilities to recognize, understand and perform all of the safety instructions and to be able to assume the hazards inherent in unit use, should not use the EV5 hoverboard.
CHARGING YOUR EV5 HOVERBOARD
Your EV5 Hoverboard comes with a built-in lithium ion battery pack. Be sure to charge the battery in a clean, dry location away from direct sunlight, flames or sparks.
- Initial charge time: 6 hours.
- Recharge time: up to 2-4 hours.
- Please use only the original charger provided.
- Make sure that there is no dust, debris or dirt inside the port.
- Always charge the battery immediately after riding. Failure to recharge battery periodically may result in a battery that will not accept a charge.
- Run time: Up to 1-2 hours of continuous ride time. (Run time may vary depending on riding conditions, rider weight, climate, and/or proper maintenance.)
- The charger supplied with the EV5 should be regularly examined for damage to the cord, plug, enclosure and other parts. In the event of such damage, the Hoverboard must not be charged until it has been repaired or replaced.
- It has built-in overcharge protection to prevent battery from being overcharged. Note: If the charger gets warm during regular use, this is a normal response and is no cause for concern.
(Note: Charger design may vary from one shown)
Wall outlet – Green (stand by) Wall outlet and Hoverboard – Red (charging) Wall outlet and Hoverboard – Green (charged)
- Plug the charger plug into wall outlet. The light on the charger should be green. Note: If green light (LED) does not turn on, try a different outlet.
- Plug the charger into the charger port on the EV5 Hoverboard. The light on the charger should turn yellow during charging. The light will turn green again when charging is complete.
Battery Power Level Indicators
- Solid Green: Battery power level is 15 to 100 percent.
- Flashing Red: Battery power level is 5 to 15 percent, recommend charging.
The EV5 Hoverboard has a powerful built-in wireless speaker so you can play your music while riding.
PAIRING THE SPEAKER
- Ensure your EV5 Hoverboard is turned off. If it is not, please turn it off first before pairing.
- Turn on your EV5 and the speakers will announce that it’s waiting for a Bluetooth connection. This will indicate your EV5 speaker is now in pairing mode.
- Place the EV5 and the Bluetooth device to which you would like to pair it within the operating distance. We recommend keeping the two devices no further than 3 feet apart during pairing.
- Ensure Bluetooth is enabled on your phone or music device. Refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for how to enable Bluetooth on your device.
- Once you have activated Bluetooth on your device, select the option from the list of available Bluetooth devices.
- Please note, pairing mode on the EV5 will last for two minutes. If no devices are paired after two minutes, the EV5 speaker will automatically return to standby mode.
- If pairing is unsuccessful, turn off the EV5 first and re-pair following the aforementioned steps.
NOTE: Once you have paired the EV5 speaker with a device, the speaker will remember this device and will pair automatically when the device’s Bluetooth is activated and in range. You can reconnect a previously paired device without going through the pairing or PIN process on up to two devices.
LISTENING TO MUSIC
Once the EV5 Bluetooth speaker is paired to your device, you can stream music wirelessly through it. Select the track you wish to listen to on your device to listen via the speakers. All volume and track controls will be made using your music device.
Your EV5 is an App-enabled hoverboard that works with most mobile devices. You must download the EVER CROSS app in order to change certain features of your hoverboard.
You could download the APP in the following two ways:
Warm Tips: Please note that your hoverboard must be powered on and your smartphone’s Bluetooth must be enabled. And then, pairing with the selected hoverboard and use the PIN “000000”.
CALIBRATE YOUR HOVERBOARD
Many problems that surfaces are due to misconfigurations on the gyro board. Most often they are off balance and in that state your hoverboard does not know if you’re on a flat surface, going up/downhill or even if you are standing on it or not. Here are some very common problems that can be fixed by recalibrating your hoverboard.
- The hoverboard is shaking when you mount it or go uphill. This happens more often if it’s kids who are using the hoverboard, due to their low weight the gyros have a hard time keeping you in balance if they are not correctly configured.
- It might beep when you start it but won’t let you take off.
- You have the hoverboard in perfect balance but it still wants to spin around.
- When you ride the hoverboard straight it draws to the left/right.
There are numerous more problems that can be helped with a re-calibration of your board and we highly recommend everyone that has a problem with their hoverboard to test calibrating it first, before you start looking at repair options like changing your motherboard or the gyro boards. Step-by-step guide to calibrating your hoverboard in 10 seconds.
- Make sure your hoverboard is standing on a flat surface and with both upper LED-indicators in level with each other.
- Press the power button and keep it depressed.
- Your hoverboards front LED-lights will flash fast 5 times before it starts blinking with a longer interval.
- Release the button and restart your hoverboard.
You’re done calibrating the gyro boards and your hoverboard is now perfectly leveled. It now knows in what direction you’re riding and what incline it’s currently going in. The best thing about a calibration problem is that it’s easy to complete and you can do it wherever you are.
BATTERY CARE / MAINTENANCE
|Battery Type||Rechargeable lithium-ion battery|
|Charge Time||Up to 3.5 hours|
|Initial Capacity||4.4 Ah|
|Working Temperature||14°F – 140°F|
|Charging Temperature||32°F – 113°F|
|Storage Time||1 year|
|Storage Humidity||45% – 75%|
The lithium-ion battery is built into the device. Do not disassemble the device to remove the battery or attempt to separate it from the device.
- When charging the device, please use the enclosed charging cable or otherwise ensure that the battery charging conditions are met.
- Do not connect or attach the device or the battery to a power supply plug or directly to a car’s cigarette lighter.
- Do not place the device or batteries near a fire, or into direct sunlight. Heating the device and/or the battery can cause additional heating, breaking, or ignition of the battery inside the device.
- Do not attempt to charge the device if the battery has discharge or emits any substances. In that case, immediately distance yourself from the battery in case of fire or explosion.
- Lithium-ion batteries are considered to be hazardous materials. Please follow all local, state and federal laws in regards to recycling, handling and disposing of Lithium-ion batteries.
The first rule in safe riding is to use common sense. A scooter is vulnerable; it cannot protect you in a crash, against impact, or loss of control the way driving a car can. It does not have bumpers or airbags as a car does. This section is a guide of safe riding practices for on and off-road operation. Make sure you are using your EV5 Hoverbaord properly. Different localities and countries have different laws governing riding on public roads, and you should check with local officials to ensure you are complying with these laws. EV5 Hoverboard is not liable for tickets or violations given to riders who do not follow these regulations.
- For your safety, always wear a helmet that meets safety standards. In the event of an accident, a helmet can protect you from serious injury and in some cases, even death.
- Obey all local traffic laws. Obey red and green lights, one-way streets, stop signs, pedestrian crosswalks, etc.
- Ride defensively; expect the unexpected.
- Give pedestrians the right-of-way.
- Do not ride too close to pedestrians and alert them if you intend to pass them from behind.
- Slow down at all street intersections and look to the left and right before crossing.
Think about safety when you ride. You can prevent many accidents if you think about safety. Below is a helpful checklist for Compact riders.
You will notice the Running Indicator Light will turn RED and you will hear a beep sound alerting you to take precaution and cease operation, which may make the hoverboard stop suddenly. The following are common occurrences where you will hear the Safety Alerts. These notices should not be ignored, but appropriate action should be taken to correct any illegal operation, failure or errors.While riding your EV5 Hoverboard, if there is a system error or improper operation performed, the device will prompt the user in a variety of ways.
- Unsafe riding surfaces (uneven, too steep, unsafe, etc.)
- When you step on the device, if the platform is tilted more than 10 degrees forward or backward.
- Battery voltage is too low.
- The device is still charging.
- During operation, the platform self initiates to tilt due to excess speed.
- Overheating, or motor temperature is too high.
- The device has been rocking back and forth over 30 seconds.
- If the system enters protection mode, the alarm indicator will light up and the board will vibrate. This typically occurs when the battery is about to run out of power.
- If the platform is tilted forward or backward more than 15 degrees, device will power off and stop suddenly, possibly causing the rider to lose balance or fall off.
- If any or both tires are blocked, the device will stop after 2 seconds.
- When the battery level has depleted below protection mode, the device engine will power off and stop after 15 seconds.
- While sustaining a high discharge current during use (such as driving up a steep slope for a long period of time), the device engine will power off after 15 seconds.
- Do not ride above your skill level. Ensure you have had enough practice with all functions and features of your EV5 Hoverboard.
- Do not ride too fast — with increased speed comes increased risk. If you are moving at a higher speed, small bumps can turn into large impacts, leading to a higher risk of injury if an accident occurs.
- Before stepping on your hoverboard, make sure it is placed flat on level ground, the power is on, and the Running Indicator light is green. Do not step on if the Running Indicator is red.
- Do not operate the device in crowded areas. If you and your friend(s) are riding EV5 Hoverboard together, be sure to keep a safe distance between each other to prevent collisions, property damage, serious injuries or even death.
- Do not operate the device while under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
- Do not continuously spin in place, it will cause dizziness and increases risk of injury.
- Do not ride in or near puddles of water, mud, sand, stones, gravel, debris or near rough and rugged terrain.
- Do not ride in inclement weather: snow, rain, hail, sleek, on icy roads or in extreme heat.
- Bend your knees when riding on bumpy or uneven pavement to absorb the shock and vibration and help you keep your balance.
- If you are unsure if you can safely ride on a specific terrain, step off and carry your device. ALWAYS BE ON THE SIDE OF CAUTION.
- Do not ride your device near motor vehicles or on public roads.
- Individuals with lack of balance should not attempt to operate the device.
- Young children and the elderly should not operate the device without proper instruction and supervision.
- At higher speeds, always take into consideration longer stopping distances.
- Do not turn sharply, especially at high speeds.
- Do not exceed the maximum or minimum weight limits.
- This shall not be operated to perform racing, stunt riding, or other maneuvers, which may cause loss of control or may cause uncontrolled operator/passenger actions or reactions.
This product comes with a 30 day limited replacement warranty for manufacturer’s defects. This includes defects to the motor, gyroscopic sensor battery, etc. The following conditions comprise the requirements and scope of our warranty conditions:
- The warranty does not cover over-charging, or damages due to improperly maintaining lithium-ion battery installed in unit. The warranty does not cover tires and other parts, which are considered consumables, parts that break easily such as glass or plastic or defects based on normal wear and tear.
- The warranty will be performed in such a way that we shall decide whether to repair the defective parts or to replace them with working parts free of charge. EVERCROSS reserves the right to exchange the product for a replacement product of equal value if the product sent in cannot be repaired within a reasonable time or at a reasonable cost.
- The warranty claim does not apply if repairs or other work is carried out by unauthorized persons or if our products are equipped with additional parts or accessories that are not approved for our product.
- Warranties that have been activated do not cause the warranty period to be extended, nor do they trigger a new warranty period. The warranty period for any replacement parts installed ends with the warranty period for the entire product.
- Any other further claims are excluded, especially those for replacement due to damage caused to the outside of the product, provided there is no obligatory legal liability.
We therefore accept no liability for accidental, indirect or other consequential damage of any kind, which leads to usage restrictions, loss of earnings or interruption to business.
Asserting a warranty claim:
- EVERCROSS can refuse any service claim made that is not covered by the warranty. Please contact [email protected] for pricing and availability of repairs, outside of warranty.
- Our Customer Support Team will try to diagnose and solve your problem. If it is determined that a warranty claim exists, you will be given an RMA number
(Return Material Authorization) and will be asked to send the product back to our warehouse.(The charger MUST be included).
- Once we have received the product, it will meet its warranty obligations in accordance with the warranty conditions.