FIBARO FGS-214 Smart Module
The remotely operated FIBARO Smart Module lill and Double Smart Module are designed to turn electrical devices or circuits on and off.
Smart Module allows to control one device or a circuit and the Double Smart Module allows to control up to two devices or circuits.
The compact size of the device allows for the product to be installed in the housings of other devices. The devices can be controlled either via the Z-Wave network or with buttons connected directly to them.
For full instruction manual and technical specification please visit our website: manuals.fibaro.com/en/smart-module
Read the manual before attempting to install the device!
|Power supply:||100-240V~ 50/60Hz 24-30V|
|FGS-214 rated current:||6.5A|
|FGS-224 rated current:||6A per one channel 9.5A tota|
|Supported load types:||resistive|
|Operating humidity:||0–95% RH without condensation|
|Radio frequency band:||868.0–868.6 MHz (EU)
869.7–870.0 MHz (EU)
915.0-928.0 MHz (AH)
|Max. transmit power:||+5dBm (EU)|
DANGER OF ELECTROCUTION!
The device is designed to control other electrical devices and operate in their housings. Faulty connection or use may result in fire or electric shock.
All works on the device may be performed only by a qualified and licensed electrician. Observe national regulations.
Even when the device is turned off, voltage may be present at its terminals. Any maintenance introducing changes into the configuration of connections must be always performed with disconnected voltage (disable the fuse).
Always use the same power source for Land IN terminals.
Failure to observe recommendations included in this manual may be dangerous or cause a violation of the law.
Check the operating/maintenance manual of the device you want to control to make sure the connection is safe and allowed.
Do not connect devices which are not compliant with the specification or relevant safety standards.
Do not place the device in metal enclosures or on metal surfaces, as this may considerably reduce the range ofoperation.
Do not expose this product to moisture, water or other liquids. Do not use in bathrooms and other high humidity rooms.
This product is designed for indoor use only. Do not use outside!
This product is not a toy. Keep away from children and animals!
Basic activation of the device
- Switch off the power supply.
- Connect the device in accordance with one of the diagrams:
A – Example connection of Smart Module
B – Example connection of Double Smart Module ① device/system housing, ② electrical device,
B - maintenance button
- Switch on the power supply.
- Set the main Z-Wave controller into adding mode.
- Quickly, three times click the 8-button.
- Wait for the device to be added into the system.
- Successful adding will be confirmed by the controller.
The default operation requires momentary switches.
Change the configuration to use other types of switches.
1 x click S1 – switch 1st channel
1 x click S2 – switch 2nd channel (only FGS-224)
- FIBAR GROUP S.A. with its registered office in Wysogotowo, ul. Serdeczna 3, 62-081 Wysogotowo, entered into the Register of Entrepreneurs of the National Court Register maintained by the District Court for Poznań-Nowe Miasto and Wilda in Poznań, VIII Commercial Division of the National Court Register (KRS) under number: 553265, NIP 7811858097, REGON: 301595664, share capital PLN 1,182,100 paid in full, other contact information is available at: www.fibaro.com (hereinafter: “the Manufacturer”) guarantees that the device sold (hereinafter: “the Device”) is free from material and manufacturing defects.
- The Manufacturer shall be responsible for malfunctioning of the Device resulting from physical defects inherent in the Device that cause its operation to be incompatible with the specifications within the period of:
– 24 months from the date of purchase by the consumer,
– 12 months from the date of purchase by a business customer (the
consumer and business customer are further collectively referred to as “Customer”).
- The Manufacturer shall remove any defects revealed during the guarantee period, free of charge, by repairing or replacing (at the sole discretion of the Manufacturer) the defective components of the Device with new or regenerated components. The manufacturer reserves the right to replace the entire Device with a new or regenerated device. The Manufacturer shall not refund money paid for the device.
- Under special circumstances, the Manufacturer may replace the Device with a different device most similar in technical characteristics
- Only the holder of a valid guaranty document shall be entitled to make claims under guarantee.
- Before making a complaint, the Manufacturer recommends using the telephone or online support available at https://www.fibaro.com/ support/.
- In order to make a complaint, the Customer should contact the Manufacturer via the email address given at https://www.fibaro.com/ support/.
- After the complaint has been properly filed, the Customer will receive contact details for the Authorized Guarantee Service (“AGS”). The customer should contact and deliver the Device to AGS. Upon receipt of the Device, the manufacturer shall inform the Customer of the return merchandise authorization number (RMA).
- Defects shall be removed within 30 days from the date of delivering the Device to AGS. The guarantee period shall be extended by the time in which the Device was kept by AGS.
- The faulty device shall be provided by the Customer with complete standard equipment and documents proving its purchase.
- The cost of transporting the Device in the territory of the Republic of Poland shall be covered by the Manufacturer. The costs of the Device transport from other countries shall be covered by the Customer. For unjustified complaints, AGS may charge the Customer with costs related to the case.
- AGS shall not accept a complaint claim when:
– the Device was misused or the manual was not observed,
– the Device was provided by the Customer incomplete, without accessories or nameplate,
– it was determined that the fault was caused by other reasons than a material or manufacturing defect of the Device
– the guarantee document is not valid or there is no proof of purchase,
- The guarantee shall not cover:
– mechanical damages (cracks, fractures, cuts, abrasions, physical deformations caused by impact, falling or dropping the device or other object, improper use or not observing the operating manual);
– damages resulting from external causes, e.g.: flood, storm, fire, lightning, natural disasters, earthquakes, war, civil disturbance, force majeure, unforeseen accidents, theft, water damage, liquid leakage, battery spill, weather conditions, sunlight, sand, moisture, high or low temperature, air pollution;
– damages caused by malfunctioning software, attack of a computer virus, or by failure to update the software as recommended by the Manufacturer;
– damages resulting from: surges in the power and/or telecommunication network, improper connection to the grid in a manner inconsistent with the operating manual, or from connecting other devices not recommended by the Manufacturer.
– damages caused by operating or storing the device in extremely adverse conditions, i.e. high humidity, dust, too low (freezing) or too high ambient temperature. Detailed permissible conditions for operating the Device are defined in the operating manual;
– damages caused by using accessories not recommended by the Manufacturer
– damages caused by faulty electrical installation of the Customer, including the use of incorrect fuses;
– damages caused by Customer’s failure to provide maintenance and servicing activities defined in the operating manual;
– damages resulting from the use of spurious spare parts or accessories improper for given model, repairing and introducing alterations by unauthorized persons;
– defects caused by operating faulty Device or accessories.
- The guarantee shall not cover natural wear and tear of the Device and its components listed in the operating manual and in technical documentation as such elements have a defined operational life.
- The Device Guarantee shall not exclude, limit or suspend the Customer’s warranty rights.
- The Manufacturer shall not be liable for damages to property caused by defective device. The Guarantor shall not be liable for indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, or for any damages, including, inter alia, loss of profits, savings, data, loss of benefits, claims by third parties and any other damages arising from or related to the use of the Device.
Simplified EU declaration of conformity:
Hereby, Fibar Group S.A. declares that the device is in compliance with Directives 2014/53/EU and 2011/65/EU, 2015/863. The full text of the EU declaration of conformity is available at the following internet address: www.manuals.fibaro.com
WEEE Directive Compliance:
Device labelled with this symbol should not be disposed with other household wastes. It shall be handed over to the applicable collection point for the recycling of waste elec- trical and electronic equipment.