BOX X1 MM Phono Preamp User’s Guide
Fosi Audio BOX X1 is a mini stereo Hi-Fi phono preamplifier for MM turntable with a DC 12V power supply. The BOX X1 supports MM turntable input, 3.5MM headphone output, and RCA line output for powered speakers. Compact ultra-low noise phono turntable preamp that converts phono signals to line-level signals. The BOX X1 electronic preamplifier stands up to the test and will provide you with serious sound performance.
|Input interface:||MM turntable input, Grounding post input, 12V DC input|
|Output Interface:||3.5MM headphone output, RCA output|
|Output:||Active(powered) speakers, headphones, amplifier|
|Product Adapter Input Voltage Range:||AC 100V – 240V|
|DC Input Voltage:||12V|
|Output Voltage Level:||2V max (P-P) at 10K Ohms|
|THD:||_< 0.08% @ 1KHz and 3mV|
|Frequency Response:||Standard RIAA|
|Product Weight:||0.35lb/ 161g|
|Product Dimensions:||3.94* 0.98*2.17 inch|
BOX X1 x 1 12V Power Adapter x 1 User Manual x1
Step 1: Connect the power adapter to the socket and the BOX X1.
Step 2: Connect the MM turntable to the RCA inputs of BOX X1. Connect the ground wire to the grounding post of BOX Xl.
Note: If your turntable doesn’t have a ground wire connection, it’s no need for a ground wire hooked up to work.
Step 3: 0 RCA output: Use an RCA cable to connect the active(powered) speakers or amplifier to the RCA output port of BOX X1. 2 Headphone output: Use a 3.5MM audio cable to connect your headphone to the 3.5MM headphone output port of BOX X1. Headphone impedance: 5320
Note: You can connect a power amplifier through the 3.5MM or RCA output, then connect the passive speakers. RCA line output and AUX headphone output can be output simultaneously.
Step 4: Turn on the power switch. The power indicator light will turn red. The indicator light stays on when connected. Then you can enjoy HiFi stereo music. Note: Make sure that all the cables are completely pushed into the device.
1. Get noise when playing music?
– Please make sure the grounding wire is connected well.
– Try another turntable and make sure it’s a MM turntable.
– Try another RCA cable and make sure the audio cable is connected correctly.
– Please unplug the power adapter from the BOX X1, then unplug the RCA cable from the BOX X1 and turntable, then turn it on to have a try.
– Please change the audio cable to have a try.
– Make sure that all the cables are completely pushed into the BOX X1, incompletely connection will cause this issue.
– Please keep this device away from other electronic devices.
Note: BOX X1 is a preamplifier, not a power amplifier, can’t be connected with passive speakers directly. BOX X1 is a phono preamp, the magnification is much larger than the normal preamplifier, so it cannot be used as a normal preamplifier.
2. All cables are connected, but there is no audio output?
– Please check if your turntable is paused.
– Please make sure the indicator light on the BOX X1 stays on. If the indicator light on the BOX X1 does not stay on, please contact us to replace the BOX X1.
– Please replace the audio cable and turntable to have a try. – Restart the BOX X1 and your turntable, then try to connect again.
Note: Make sure that all the cables are completely pushed into the device.
3. Can I connect a headset and the active speakers to the BOX X1 simultaneously?
– Yes. RCA line output and AUX headphone output can be output simultaneously.
Note: BOX X1 is a preamplifier, if you want to connect it to passive speakers, you need a power amplifier.
4. Can I simply keep my ground wire attached to my receiver, or does it need to be grounded to the BOX X1?
– It works fine without grounding. We recommend both devices should be grounded.
5. How can this be called a phonograph preamplifier?
– It does provide RIAA equalization. It’s a phono preamp.
6. Can this be used with a moving coil cartridge?
– No, this is a MM phono preamp only.
7. Can this work with my turntable and headphones?
– Yes, The BOX X1 is designed with 3.5MM headphone output.
8. My turntable doesn’t have a ground wire connection. Does this need a ground wire hooked up for it to be able to work?
– No, it does not need a ground wire to operate. However, if your turntable has any ground loop, it will be piped and amplified through this preamp.
9. Is the gain enough to support the MC cartridge?
– No. It is for MM cartridges.
10. My turntable has a selectable built-in phono preamp or switches to the line. Can I still use this instead of my built-in pre-amp?
– Yes, deselect the preamp on your turntable.
11. Can I hook the BOX X1 to the power amplifier for my system?
– Yes. You can connect the BOX X1 to the power amplifier through the 3.5MM or RCA output.
12. Can I directly connect this phono preamp to the speakers?
– If your speakers are powered speakers, you can directly connect this preamp to the speakers. But you need to add an amplifier or receiver to the passive speakers.
13. How does grounding post work? My turntable has a fork spade type Terminal.
– Just stick one of the forks into the provided hole.
14. What equalization is incorporated in this preamp?
– RIAA equalization.
15. How can I connect a mic to the input?
– No. The BOX X1 does not support the mic.
16. Can you hook a subwoofer to this unit?
– Yes, but for a powered subwoofer, you need to add a subwoofer amplifier if you want to connect it to a passive subwoofer.
17. Would I just connect this straight to passive speakers?
– You need to add an amplifier or receiver to the passive speakers.
18. How to attach ground wire?
– There is a post to attach the ground wire.
19. Can it be left on all the time?
– Yes, you can leave the BOX X1 on all the time.
All Fosi Audio products have an 18-month limited warranty on parts and labor from the date of purchase. Please contact us if you have any problems.
About Fosi Audio
Fosi Audio designs and builds innovative audio products with all your music in mind. Great sound, simple but elegant designs, high-quality materials, and truly useful features are what Fosi Audio is about. We sincerely hope you get as much enjoyment from our products as we’ve had to create them!
Our website: www.fosiaudio.com
Amazon store: www.amazon.com/fosiaudio
Our Youtube channel: Fosi Audio
Our Facebook page: Fosi Audio
After-sale Service and Technical Support
Email: [email protected] [email protected]