FosPower 2000mAh NOAA Emergency Weather Radio (Model A1) Portable Power Bank
- DIMENSIONS: 2 x 2.9 x 2.1 inches
- WEIGHT: 10.9 ounces
- POWERBANK: 2000mAh
- RADIO BANDS: 7-band
- CONNECTIVITY: USB
- FREQUENCY: 87-108MHz
- VOLTAGE:7 – 4.2 Volts
- LED FLASHLIGHT: 1 W/20 LM
- WATERPROOF LEVEL: IPX-3
- BRAND: FosPower
FosPower solar crank radio features a 2000mAh power bank which has the ability to provide emergency power to small tablets or phones. The radio comes with a crank lever and solar panel. They are capable of regenerating enough power to keep the radio, lights, and SOS alarm charged. They provide boost of power or recharge the radio when required. The crank radio also has the ability to provide light with 4 LED reading light and 1W flashlight. The radio receivers second emergency weather forecast and emergency news broadcasts from NOAA and AM/FM stations.
FosPower shall not be liable to you or anyone else for any loss, injury, hearing damage for any damage relating to this product. FosPower is not liable for any damage or destruction to consumer electronics devices or other personal property that are contained inside or outside the FosPower product, including, without limitation, laptops, cellular phones, or other handheld devices, or any loss of data contained in the foregoing devices.
- 1 x FosPower’s Solar Crank Radio with Power Bank
- 1 x Micro-USB Cable
- 1 x Metal Carabiner
- 1 x User Manual
- Solar Charged Light
- Power On/Off Flashlight
- 1 W Torch with Zoom
- Emergency Flasher
- AM/FM Weather Switch
- Radio On/Off Volume
- Tuning Knob
- Manual Power Crank
- Li-ion Battery Compartment
- SOS-Emergency Alarm Switch
- Radio On Switch
- USB Power Back On Switch
- USB Type-A Charging Port
- Micro USB Radio Charging Port
Select Li-ion battery or AAA battery before use.
- Turn the Volume dial clockwise to power on the radio and adjust volume.
- Select FM/ AM/WB with radio band.
- Extend the antenna for better signal reception.
- Turn Tuning dial to select station. (Green “TUN” indicator turns on when the station selected is fully engaged.)
When the battery is overloaded, it will automatically stop outputting. When battery voltage is lower than 2.SV, the radio will turn off automatically.
Power Bank Operation
- Switch Radio to USB Charge on Bottom of Radio (Pie of Phone and Lighting Bolt)
- Push the battery switch on front of radio to LI-ION position.
- Connect the USB devices to radio via USB cable.
- In addition to Li-Ion Power Bank, USB device can be charged using the hand crank or AAA batteries if needed, but only as the last charging option.
Do not have the device attached to the radio while charging with a crank. Please tum off the USB Charge button when you are using radio to receive the AM radio signal, as it may cause interference. This feature is intended to only charge USB devices for emergency use, not a normal power bank.
Power Bank Charging Methods
- Turn the Hand Crank for 3-5 minutes to activate the internal battery before initial use.
- Continuously turn the Hand Crank at speed of 130-150 RPM/min to generate power.
- Unit will be fully charged in 4 hours.
- One min of cranking supports 20 minutes of light, & 10-15 minutes of radio usage at medium volume.
- Expose the radio solar panel to direct sunlight.
- Solar panel will charge the entire device, including the radio, flashlight and SOS alarm.
- Used for maintaining and extending battery life.
USB PORT CHARGING
- Recharge the radio via supplied Micro USB cable.
- Power indicator turns red during charging. Will turn off after being fully charged.
- It takes 4.5 hours to fully charge the internal 2000mAh Li-ion battery.
- Remove battery cover.
- Load the batteries accordingly.
- Close battery door.
- Push the Battery Switch to AAA position.
- Please use AAA alkaline batteries only (not included).
- Press the torch switch to turn it On/Off.
- Adjust the torch bezel to change the light focus.
Care and Maintenance
- Pull and Rotate antenna gently to get better reception
- Retract and store antenna properly when not in use to prevent damage.
- To clean radio surface use a soft, damp cloth.
- Do not clean with harsh abrasives/ solvents.
- Unit is not waterproof-only water-resistant. DO not submerge in water.
- When radio sits idle for over 60 days, hand crank for 3-5 minutes to activate the internal battery.
The Federal Communications Commission warns the user that changes or modifications to the unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
This FosPower product includes a limited lifetime warranty. Please visit our FosPower website for more details.
Recycling the Product
To dispose this product properly, please follow the recycling process regulated in your area.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How long of a life does this radio have? And I am talking about its full life after charging over and over? 1 year? 2-3 years?
The radio has a battery lifespan of 3 years.
- If the 2000mh power bank is depleted and my phone is plugged into it, would the phone still charge off of the triple a battery?
If the power bank is depleted the batteries will charge your plugged device.
- How many AAA batteries does it take?
It takes 3 AAA batteries.
- How much cranking needed to fully charge the built-in battery to 100%?
Turn the Hand Crank continuously at the speed of 130-150 RPM/min to generate power. The unit will be completely charged in about 4 hours.
- Can I play a USB flash drive through the charging slot?
No, you can’t.
- Will this work to charge an iPhone?
Yes, it has the ability to charge an iPhone.
- Will charge an Apple 12 pro?
Yes, it will charge an Apple 12 Pro.
- Is the power bank connected to the solar charger?
Yes, thew power bank is connected to the solar charger.
- Does this alert you if it detects S.A.M.E. signals?
No, it doesn’t alert you.
- Can I transmit a message through this radio?
No, you can’t transmit a message through this radio.