Instructions for Chloride Ion Detector Tube
FOR SAFE OPERATION:
Carefully read this manual before use.
CAUTION: If you do not observe the following precautions, you may suffer injuries or damage to the product.
- When breaking the tube ends, keep away from the eyes.
- Do not touch the broken glass tubes, broken pieces, and reagent with bare hand(s).
△ NOTES: For maintaining the performance and reliability of the test results. observe the following.
- Use this tube within the temperature range of 0 – 65t(32 – 149T) in water.
- Use this tube between pH values of 3.0 to 11.0.
- This tube may be interfered with by the coexisting substances. Please refer to the table “INTERFERENCES” below.
- The shelf life and storage condition of the tube is marked on the label of the tube box. 5. Place the higher-end plug packing of the tubes above the water surface.
APPLICATION OF THE TUBE :
Use this tube for detecting Chloride Ion in wastewater.
(Because of Gastec’s commitment to continuous improvement, specifications are subject to change without notice.)
|Measuring Range __||10 – 200 mg/L|
|Sampling Time||1 minute|
|Detecting Limit||3 mg/|
|Colour Change||Brown — White|
|Reaction Principle||2CI– + Ag2CrO4 — AgCI + Cr042-|
Coefficient of Variation : 15% (for 10 to 50 mg/L), 10% (for 50 to 200 mg/L)
* Shelf Life: Please refer to the validity date printed on the tube box.
** Store the tubes in a dark and cool place.
EFFECT BY ATMOSPHERIC CONDITION:
Water Temperature: No effect by the water temperature between 0 – 65t(32-149T).
pH Value: Use the tube in the pH value of 3.0 – 11.0.
MEASUREMENT PROCEDURE :
- Take sample water into an approximately 100 mL capacity dry, clean beaker.
- Break tips off a fresh detector tube by bending each tube end in the tube tip holder (optional).
- Immerse the filled end of the tube into the sample water as illustrated. Capillary action occurs and the sample water instantly rises through
the reagent. If the sample contains chloride ions, the brown reagent in the tube turns to white color.
- When the sample water rises up to the upper-end plug, remove the tube.
- Read the concentration level at the interface where the stained reagent meets the unstained reagent.
- if the stain exceeds the highest calibration mark (200 mg./L), dilute the sample with pure water and retest using a fresh tube. Obtain true concentration by multiplying the tube reading by the dilution ratio.
△ NOTES: Do not immerse the tube into sample water past the upper-end plug.
|Substance||Formula||Concentration i Interference||Changes colour by itself to|
|Cyanide ion||CN–||≥10 mg/L||+||White at 1 mg/L or higher|
|Bromide ion||Br||≥ 10 mg/L||i||+||White at 10 mg/L. or higher|
|Thiocyanate ion||SCN–||≥ mg/L||i||Unreadable||White at 100mg/L or higher|
|Iron (u)||Fee²+||≥20 mg/L||i||—||No discolouration up to 1000 mg/L|
|Iron OM||Fr³+||≥20 mg/L||i||+||White at 20 mg/Lor higher|
|Fluoride ion||F–||≤1000 mg/L||i||No||No discolouration up to 1000 mg/L|
|Iodide ion||r||≥ 20 mg/L||i||+||Pale yellow at 20 mg/L or higher|
|Sulphide ion||S2-||≥ 3 mg/L||i||+||Blackish gray at 3 mg/ or higher|
|Sulphuric acid ion||SO42-||≤1000 mg/L||i||No||No discolouration up to 1000 mg/L|
This table of interference substances primarily expresses the interference of each coexisting substance in the concentration range, which is equivalent to a concentration of the target substance. Therefore, the test result may show positive results due to other substances not listed in the table. If more information is needed, please contact us or our distributors in your territory.
APPLICATION FOR OTHER SUBSTANCES :
|Substance||Formula||Correction Factor||Measuring Range
24 – 480 mg&
CORRECTION FACTOR :
Detector tubes are primarily designed to measure specific gases. But it is also possible to measure other substances of similar chemical properties with the aid of a correction factor or chart. Therefore, please make use of the correction factor chart measuring ranges as a reference. For more precise factors please contact your Gastec distributor.
INSTRUCTIONS ON DISPOSAL:
The reagent of the tube uses a small amount of hexavalent chromium. When disposing of the tube regardless of whether it has been used or not, follow the rules and regulations of your local government.
If you have any questions regarding gas detection and the quality of the tubes, please feel free to contact your Gastec representatives.
Manufacturer : Gastec Corporation 8-8-6 Fukayanaka, Ayase-City, Kanagawa 252-1195. Japan https://www.gastec.co.jp/ Telephone +81-467-79-3910 Facsimile +81-467-79-3979
Printed in Japan