Thanks for choosing the Y1!
Thanks for choosing the V1, to enjoy the many features of your V1, you must read and follow these instructions. Enjoy your ride!
- The Y1 is a recreational product. Before mastering riding skills, you need to practice. Neither Technology Co., Ltd nor Shenzhen Chitado Technology Co., Ltd is responsible for any injuries or damage caused by a rider’s inexperience or failure to follow the instructions in this document.
- Please understand that you can reduce the risk by following all the instructions and warnings in this manual, but you cannot eliminate all the risks. Remember that whenever you ride the YI you risk injury or death from loss of control, collisions, and falls. When entering into public spaces always comply with the local laws and regulations. As with other vehicles, faster speeds require a longer braking distance. Sudden braking on smooth surfaces could lead to wheel-slip, loss of balance, or falls. Be cautious and always keep a safe distance between you and other people or vehicles when riding. Be alert and slow down when entering unfamiliar areas.
- Always wear a helmet when riding. Use an approved bicycle or skateboard helmet that fits properly with the chin strap in place, and provides protection for the back of your head.
- Do not attempt your first ride in any area where you might encounter children, pedestrians, pets, vehicles, bicycles, or other obstacles and potential hazards.
- Respect pedestrians by always yielding the right of way. Pass on the left whenever possible. When approaching a pedestrian from the front, stay to the right and slow down. Avoid startling pedestrians. When approaching from behind, announce yourself and slow down to walking speed when passing. Please obey local traffic laws and regulations if the situation is different.
- In places without laws and regulations governing self-balancing electric vehicles, comply with the safety guidelines outlined in this manual. Neither Technology (CHINA) Co., Ltd nor Shenzhen Chitado Technology Co., Ltd is responsible for any property damage, personal injury/death, accidents, or legal disputes caused by violations of the safety instructions.
- Do not allow anyone to ride your Y1 on his/her own unless they have carefully read this manual, watched the safety video. The safety of new riders is your responsibility. Assist new riders until they are comfortable with the basic operation of the Yt, make sure each new rider wears a helmet and other protective gear.
- Before each ride check for loose fasteners, damaged components, and low tire pressure. If the Y1 makes abnormal sounds or signals an alarm, immediately stop riding. Diagnose your Y1 via the Gyroor scooter app and call your dealer/distributor for service.
- Be alert! Scan both far ahead and in front of your Y1— your eyes are your best tool for safely avoiding obstacles and low traction surfaces (including, but not limited to, wet ground, loose sand, loose gravel, and ice).
- To reduce the risk of injury, you must read and follow all “CAUTION” and”WARNING” notices in this document. Do not ride at an unsafe speed. Under no circumstance should you ride on roads with motor vehicles? The manufacturer recommends riders should be 6+ years old. Always follow these safety instructions: A. People who should not ride the Y1 include i. Anyone under the influence of alcohol or drugs. ii. Anyone who suffers from a disease that puts them at risk if they engage in strenuous physical activity. iii. Anyone who has problems with balance or with motor skills that would interfere with their ability to maintain balance. iv. Anyone whose height or weight is outside the stated limits (see Specifications). v. Pregnant women. B. Riders under the age of 16 years old should ride under adult supervision. C. Comply with local laws and regulations when riding this product. Do not ride where prohibited by local laws. D. To ride safely, you must be able to clearly see what is in front of you and you must be clearly visible to others. E. Do not ride in the snow, in the rain, or on roads that are wet, muddy, icy, or that are slippery for any reason. Do not ride over obstacles (sand, loose gravel, or sticks). Doing so could result in a loss of balance or traction and could cause a fall. F Do not accelerate or decelerate suddenly. Do not accelerate when the Y1 tilts back or sounds an alarm. Do not attempt to override the speed limiter.
- Do not attempt to charge your Y1 if the charger or the power outlet is wet.
- As with any electronic device, use a surge protector when charging to help protect your Y1 from damage due to power surges and voltage spikes. Only use the our supplied charger. Do not use a charger from any other product.
- Use only Y1 approved parts and accessories. Do not modify your Y1 . Modifications to your Y1 could interfere with the operation of therl , could result in serious injury and/or damage, and could avoid the Limited Warranty.
- Do not sit on the steering bar. Doing so could result in serious injury and/or damage to your Y1.
When unpacking your Y1, please verify that the above items are included in the package. If you are missing any components, please contact your dealer/distributor or nearest service center (see Contacts in the user manual). After verifying that all components are present and in good condition, you can assemble your new 111. Please retain the box and packaging materials in case you need to ship your Y1 in the future. Always power off your Y1 and unplug the charging cable before assembling, mounting.
Do not connect the charger if the charge port or charge cable is wet. Your Y1 is fully charged when the LED on the charger changes from red (charging) to green (trickle charge). Close the rubber cap when not charging
There are safety risks when learning to ride the Y1. You must read the Safety Instructions and follow the New Rider Tutorial in the App before your first ride.
For your safety, your Y1 is not activated at this time and will beep occasionally after Power ON.
Please download the app on app store or google play by searching gyro.
Learning to Ride
WARNING Rider must weigh 44-2201bs (20-100 kg) , and should be over 4ft(121cm) tall. Wear an approved helmet and other protective gear to minimize any possible injury.
For a new user, please adjust Y1 to child mode by app or hands.
- Go to a large open area and ask a friend to assist you on your first ride. WARNING: Always step off from the back of the Y1.
- Lightly place one foot on the foot mat, while keeping your other foot on the ground holding your weight. Do not press the steering bar with your leg.
- Slowly transfer your weight onto the Y1. The unit will beep, indicating it is now in Balance Mode. Slowly step on with your other foot.
- Stand with your weight evenly distributed on both feet and relax, looking straight ahead.
- Gently lean your body forward and backward to 6. To turn, gently lean left or right against the control of your movement. steering bar.
You must read and understand the Warnings and Safe Riding instructions in this manual before attempting to ride the Y1. Failure to follow these warnings could result in death or serious injury due to: loss of balance, traction, and/or control; collisions; and falls.
|, Avoid contacting obstacles with the tire/wheel.||When traversing small bumps or uneven terrain, maintain a moderate speed of 2-6 mph (3-10 km/h) and keep your knees bent. Do not go too slow or too fast; otherwise, you may lose control and fall.
|Watch your head when passing through doorways.||, Avoid slopes steeper than 15°. Avoid slopes steeper than 10° when the payload is greater than 176 lbs (80 kg).||Do not ride through puddles or other bodies of water. Do not get wet.|
|Do not ride on public roads motorways, highways, or streets.||Do not accelerate when the Y1 tilts back or sounds an alarm. Do not attempt to override the speed limiter.||Do not accelerate or decelerate abruptly.Do not lean more than 5° or accelerate/decelerate faster than 2.5 mph/s (4 km/h/s).|
|The Y1 is for one rider only. Do not ride double or carry any passengers. Do not carry a child.||Do not ride over holes, curbs, steps, or other obstacles.||Do not rock back and forth or shift your weight abruptly.|
|Do not attempt stunts of any kind. Always keep both feet on the foot mats.||Maintain contact with the Always keeps both feet on the foot ground at all times. Do not jump mats. or attempt stunts.||Do not ride on low traction surfaces (including, but not limited to, wet ground, loose sand, loose gravel, and ice).|
For your safety, do not lift the Y1 by the fenders when the hoverboard turns on, you risk pinching or injuring your fingers/hands.
Cleaning and Storing Your Y1
Use a soft, wet cloth to wipe the mainframe clean. Hard to remove dirt can be scrubbed with a toothbrush and toothpaste. then cleaned with a soft, wet cloth. Scratches on plastic parts can be polished with extra fine grit abrasive paper.
Do not wash your Y1 with alcohol, gasoline, acetone, or other corrosive/volatile solvents. These substances may damage the appearance and internal structure of your Y1. Do not wash your `11 with a power washer or high-pressure hose.
Make sure the Y1 is powered OFF, the charging cable is unplugged, and the rubber cap on the charge port is tightly sealed before cleaning; otherwise you may expose yourself to electric shock or damage the electronic components.
Store your Y1 in a cool, dry place. Do not store it outdoors for extended periods of time. Exposure to sunlight and temperature extremes (both hot and cold) will accelerate the aging process of the plastic components and may reduce battery life.
Battery Pack Maintenance
Do not store or charge the battery at temperatures outside the stated limits (see Specifications). Do not discard or destroy the battery. For more battery information, refer to the sticker on the battery itself, located on the bottom of the Yl.
Refer to your local laws and regulations regarding battery recycling and/or disposal.
A well-maintained battery can perform well even after many miles of riding. Charge the battery after each ride and avoid draining the battery completely. When used at room temperature (70°F (22°C)) the battery range and performance is at its best; whereas using it at temperatures below 32°F (0°C) can decrease range and performance. Typically, at -4°F (-20°C) range can be half that of the same battery at 70°F (22°C). The battery range will recover when the temperature rises. More details are available in the APR
Typically, a fully charged battery should retain charge for 60-90 days in Standby Mode. Remember to charge the battery after each use. Completely draining the battery may cause permanent damage to the battery. Electronics inside the battery record the charge-discharge condition of the battery; damage caused by over-discharge or under-discharge will not be covered by the Limited Warranty.
Do not attempt to disassemble the battery. Risk of fire. No user-serviceable parts.
Do not ride when the ambient temperature is outside the machine operation temperature(see Specifications) because low/high temperature will limit the maximum power/torque. Doing so could cause personal injury or property damage due to slips or falls.
|Weight||Payload||44-220 lbs (20-100 kg)|
|Rider||Recommended Age||6+ years old. See the weight limit|
|Required Height||Over 4ft(121cm) tall|
|Max. Speed||Approx. 7.95 miles (6-13km/h)
Top speed varies to adapt di-erent riding manner and remain Top speed will reduce when remaining battery life drops.
|Typical Range||Approx. 3.75-7.95 miles (6-13 km)|
|TraversableTerrain||Pavement, packed dirt, slopes s 30°, obstacles < 0.4 in (1 cm),gaps < 1.2 in (3 cm)|
|Operating Temperature||14-104°F (-10-40°C)|
|Max. Storage lime||Approx. 90 days(10096power) Approx. 30 days(30 %power)|
|IP Rating||Mainframe IP54|
|charge time||Approx. 2 hours|
|Max. Charging Voltage||42 VDC|
|Charging Temperature||32-104°F (0-40°C)|
|Battery Management System||Over-voltage, under-voltage, short circuit,
and over-heating protection. Auto-sleep and auto-wake
|Charging Temperature||32-104°F (0-40°C)|
Calibration and Alarms
- Calibration When in Balance Mode, if the Y1 moves forward or backward on its own on flat ground, it needs to be calibrated if the problem persists, please contact after-sales service.
- To Calibrate the Y1 Confirm that the hoverboard is in the off state and keep both side of the pedals parallel to the horizontal plane. Make sure the hoverboard is turned off, press and hold the power switch for 5 seconds and then release it. When you hear a sound, the system starts to calibrate; the red light (that is, the running indicator and the left turn indicator) flashes 3 times. Wait until the red light is on, the system calibration is complete, and you can cycle when you turn it off and on again.
App adjustment: conversion of self-balance and not self-balance on app. Manual adjustment: Place the car horizontally – make sure the Y1 is turned on,press the power switch for about 6 seconds, until you hear the beep, then restart the hoverboard, the adjustment complete.
- Child mode/ Adult mode
App adjustment: conversion of adult mode and child mode on app. Manual adjustment: Stand up the Yl, press the power button to turn it on – release the button – then keep press. The button remains for about 6 seconds until the beep is heard and the balance hoverboard is restarted. Complete child mode switching
a. Overheating Riding for an extended period of time could increase the internal temperature of your Y1 in excess of 122°F(50° C). If this happens, the glow lights will flash red, an alarm will sound and your Y1 will not be able to charge. Simply step off the Y1, power them off, and give them time to cool back down to a normal operating temperature b. Speeding riding will cause a lift alarm, please note the speed you set in the app. c. Other alarms. For any other alarms, try restarting your Y1. If the problem persists, please contact the after-sales service
- Click the Bluetooth icon to open the Bluetooth and enter the Bluetooth link
- Show the speed of the hoverboard.
- Battery reminder (now it shows the battery empty) C
- Click this button to enter the switch and warning page.
- Click this button to enter the light color change page
- Click this button to enter the model adjustment and speed control page.
- Search the Bluetooth of the hoverboard. CO Click this button to control the switch machine
- Open this function when you need to leave the hoverboard for a while, it will warn
- Fault Analyse to help you to find the problem with the hoverboard.
- Light color control page.
This product has been tested and passed ANSI/CAN/UL-2272. The battery complies with UN/ DOT 38.3
Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive & Low-Voltage DirectiveShenzhen Chitado Technology Co., Ltd, declares that the equipment listed in this section are in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Directives 2014/30/EU & 2014/35/E
Trademark and Legal Statement
111S are trademarks of Shenzhen Chitado Technology Co., Ltd, registered in China and other countries. The respective owners reserve the rights of their trademarks referred to in this manual. The Y1 is covered by relevant patents. However, your Y1 may differ slightly from the one shown in this document. Please note that there are multiple G11 models with different functions, and some of the functions mentioned herein may not be applicable to your unit. The manufacturer reserves the right to change the design and functionality of the 111 product and documentation without prior notice. 02019 Shenzhen Chitado Technology Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.
Please keep the proof of purchase (i.e., receipt) to make sure of your limited warranty.
Limited Warranty: 1 year for a vehicle, except battery or other consumables. 6 months for battery. The warranty will be invalid under the following condition:
- Open up the vehicle by an unlicensed person
- A receipt is not in accordance with the vehicle
- Inappropriate handling/use/maintenance of the vehicle
- Non-compliance with the points from the manual
The following damage will be not covered by the warranty:
- Damage on a hoverboard by inappropriate handling or use
- Damage on a hoverboard by inappropriate modification or repairs
- Damage on a hoverboard by inappropriate storage
- Damage on the vehicle caused by accident
- Hoverboard Surface damages
- Hoverboard damage or malfunction caused by rides in the rain or soaking in water
Contact us if you experience issues relating to riding, maintenance, and safety, or errors/faults with your 111.
E-mail Service: [email protected]
Have your order number on hand when contacting us.
- How to download the app?
Please download by searching”Gyroor “on the app store or google play.
- How to connect the app and Bluetooth speaker?
For the app, after you download the APP of gyro or, You need to use your email to register and set a password. After the setting is successful, you can log in to our APP with your account after you log in to the APP, you can see a sign for Bluetooth on the upper left corner, click it you will enter a new page, then choose scan, when you see the”Gyroor “, click it will show connect successfully. For connecting the Bluetooth speaker of the Y1, please open the Bluetooth on the phone setting and search, the name of Bluetooth is “Wheel-music”, then you can connect it directly.
- I can not find the Bluetooth for app or Bluetooth speaker, does it support app and Bluetooth speaker function?
The Y1 support app and Bluetooth speaker function, if you can not find the Bluetooth, please restart the hoverboard or phone. If it still can not connect successfully, please try another smartphone with a different system.
- I can not connect the app /Bluetooth, what should I do
If you can not connect the app or BlueTooth speaker, please restart the Y1 or phone. if it still can not connect successfully, please try another smartphone with a different system. If you need, please contact our customer service.
- Do you have any suggestions for a new user?
Please describe by email, we will upload the teaching video there. a. For beginners, please practice on flat ground, and adjust it to child mode. b.Step on one foot at a time. c.ff having issues on stabilizing yourself, try pressing your feet against the outer edge. d.Make sure that you have someone or something to hold on. e. Step off backward, not forwards. Hilt both your feet forward to go straight. g.Tilt them back to go backwards. h.Slightly tilt your right foot to turn left. i.Slightly tilt your left foot to turn right. j.You can get through tighter spaces by moving the board back and forth.
kTry not to freak out when getting on, confidence is key, be confident and just relax. Oust have some fun with it fora few minutes that you can master it well
- The hoverboard is shaking, it is a little dangerous, what’s the problem?
If shaking, it’s possible that the user’s weight is not enough for the hoverboard, you can adjust it to child mode by gyroor app or adjust by hands. App adjustment: conversion of adult mode and child mode Manual adjustment: Stand up the `11 , press the power button to turn it on – release the button – then kee press.The button remains for about 6 seconds until the drip sound is heard and the balance hoverboard is restarted. Complete child mode switching.
- The speed of two sides of the wheel is different/ I can not turn fluently with the hoverboard/ one side of the pedals is not on the horizontal line when starting up, what should I do?
The hoverboard is losing balance now, please calibrate it. Confirm that the hoverboard is in the off state and keep both side of the pedals parallel to the horizontal plane. Make sure the hoverboard is turned off, press and hold the power switch for 5 seconds and then release it. When you hear a sound, the system starts to calibrate; the red light (that is, the running indicator and the left turn indicator) flashes 3 times. Wait until the red light is on, the system calibration is complete, and you can cycle when you turn it off and on again.
- I’m an experienced rider, I do not like the self–balance, can I cancel it?
Yes, you can cancel it Adjust it by gyro or app or hands: App adjustment: conversion of self-balance and unself-balance.f Manual adjustment: Place the car horizontally – make sure the Y1 is turned on press the power switch for about 6 seconds, until you hear the dripping sound, restart the mode to complete the mode switch.
- when I stop riding, theY1 is shaking heavily, is it normal?
If you suddenly stop using and down, the Y1 will shake for seconds, it is caused by the strong power. We advise that you can adjust it to child mode, which would reduce the shaking. And we suggest do not stop suddenly.
- What should I do if there are problems with my Y1?
A: If you find there are some problems on the hoverboard, please contact our customer service by [email protected] or [email protected], with a video to show the problem and your order number is also needed. We would help to solve it soon.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
— Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
— Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
— Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
— Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Warning: Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment