hama 2K121665 DVB-T Indoor Antenna
Thank you for choosing a Hama product.
Take your time and read the following instructions and information completely. Please keep these instructions in a safe place for future reference. If you sell the device, please pass these operating instructions on to the new owner.
Explanation of Warning Symbols and Notes
Risk of electric shock:
This symbol indicates product parts energized with a dangerous voltage of sufficient magnitude to constitute a risk of electric shock.
This symbol is used to indicate safety instructions or to draw your attention to specific hazards and risks.
This symbol is used to indicate additional information or important notes.
• DVB-T Indoor Antenna
• Power supply unit
• Adhesive pad
• These operating instructions
• The product is intended for private, non-commercial use only.
• The product is intended for indoor use only.
• Use the product for its intended purpose only.
• Protect the product from dirt, moisture and overheating and use it in dry rooms only.
• Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the device.
• Do not use the product in areas where the use of electronic devices is not permitted.
• Connect the product only to a socket that has been approved for the device. The electrical socket must always be easily accessible.
• Disconnect the product from the network using the power button – if this is not available, unplug the power cord from the socket.
• Lay all cables so that they do not pose a tripping hazard.
• Do not bend or crush the cable.
• Do not drop the product and do not expose it to any major shocks.
• Dispose of packaging material immediately according to locally applicable regulations.
• Do not modify the device in any way. Doing so voids the warranty.
Risk of electric shock
• Do not open the device or continue to operate it if it becomes damaged.
• Do not use the product if the AC adapter, the adapter cable or the mains cable are damaged.
• Do not attempt to service or repair the product yourself. Leave any and all service work to qualified experts.
|Supply voltage||220 – 240 V AC/ 50 Hz|
|Rated power consumption||50 mA|
|Frequency band(s)||UHF: 470 – 790 MHz
VHF: 174 – 230 MHz
|Ambient temperature||-20 to +40° C|
Startup and Operation
• Connect the antenna’s power supply unit to a socket and connect the antenna cable to the TV (Pic. 1a).
• If you’re using an external DVB-T receiver, connect the antenna to the socket and the DVB-T receiver (Pic. 1b).
• Connect the DVB-T receiver to the TV (observe the operating instructions for your set-top box).
• Setting up the antenna manually allows you to optimise the reception of the TV stations you receive.
• Depending on the reception area, the stations may be broadcast vertically or horizontally.
• The antenna must be positioned accordingly.
• The antenna can also be used for FM reception.
• As most audio devices have an IEC connection, please use a coax socket-coax socket adapter (not included).
• Please note that the number and quality of stations received may vary depending on the position of the antenna and local conditions.
• If the connected DVB-T receiver supplies +5 V via the antenna output, no power supply unit is required as the antenna can be remotely powered by the antenna connection.
Use screws and wall anchors (not included in the delivery package) to attach the bracket to the wall. Insert the antenna into the slots provided.
• Before mounting, check that the wall you have chosen is suitable for the weight to be mounted Also make sure that there are no electric, water, gas or other lines running through the wall at the mounting site.
• After the product has been mounted, check that it is sufficiently secure. You should repeat this check at regular intervals.
Please note that the chosen mounting surface (for example, window, mirror) should be free of dust and grease. Use a suitable cleaning agent from a specialised dealer to clean the surface.
Remove the protective film from the adhesive pad and press it onto the rear side of the antenna for a few seconds. Now remove the other protective film from the adhesive pad and gently press it with the antenna onto the chosen mounting surface.
• Wait at least 24 hours after installing the adhesive pad before attaching the holder.
• Note that the adhesive pad is permanently attached.
To remove the adhesive pad, carefully pull it off the installation surface. The adhesive pad can only be attached again using suitable adhesive material available from specialised dealers.
• Various environmental factors such as ambient humidity, sunlight or cold can impair the durability of the adhesive pad.
• We cannot guarantee that residue will not be left on the mounting surface after the adhesive pad is removed.
Setting up the antenna on a table, cabinet or similar
Next, place the antenna on an even surface such as a table or entertainment stand. Check the reception quality. If the reception quality is not good, adjust the position or angle of the antenna.
Care and Maintenance
Only clean this product with a slightly damp, lint-free cloth and do not use aggressive cleaning agents.
Hama GmbH & Co KG assumes no liability and provides no warranty for damage resulting from improper installation/ mounting, improper use of the product or from failure to
observe the operating instructions and/or safety notes.
Service and Support
Please contact Hama Product Consulting if you have any questions about this product.
Hotline: +49 9091 502-0 (German/English)
Further support information can be found here: www.hama.com
Note on environmental protection:
After the implementation of the European Directive 2012/19/EU and 2006/66/EU in the national legal system, the following applies: Electric and electronic devices as well as batteries must not be disposed of with household waste. Consumers are obliged by law to return electrical and electronic devices as well as batteries at the end of their service lives to the public collecting points set up for this purpose or point of sale.
Details to this are defined by the national law of the respective country. This symbol on the product, the instruction manual or the package indicates that a product is subject to these regulations. By recycling, reusing the materials or other forms of utilising old devices/batteries, you are making an important contribution to protecting our environment.
Declaration of Conformity
Hereby, Hama GmbH & Co KG declares that the radio equipment type [2K121665] is in compliance with Directive 2014/53/EU. The full text of the EU declaration of conformity is available at the following internet address: www.hama.com->2K121665->Downloads