14.5L Air Fryer
PLEASE READ BEFORE USE AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Thank you for purchasing the Hard Rock® Air Fryer. Your items will perform best when used as intended. To ensure the best performance of your product, please consistently follow these instructions.
YOUR SET INCLUDES:
- Read all instructions carefully before use.
- Do not immerse the power cord or body of the Air Fryer in water/other liquids.
- Do not block the vent of your item.
- Always use oven mitts/pot holders when handling the Air Fryer or its accessories. These will reach high temperatures during operation and take between 30-45 minutes to cool down.
- Do not use your item if there is any damage to the power cord, body, or any of the accessories.
- Do not let the power cord hang over any sharp edges.
- Dry your hands well before plugging in the power cord or operating the control panel.
- Do not use any external power cords that were not originally included with this item.
- Never place any plastic materials inside of your device. The inner case will reach high temperatures while in operation.
- Place the Air Fryer only on flat, stable surfaces. Do not place the item on any flammable, easy-wear or plastic areas. Do not use your item near any combustible materials.
- Do not place the item against walls or other surfaces. Make sure to give at least 4 inches of space on each side of the Air Fryer away from objects.
- Do not place objects on top of the Air Fryer at any time.
- Please note that your item is intended for household and indoor use only.
- Do not leave the Air Fryer unattended while in use.
- While in use, hot steam will blow out of the vent. Make sure to keep your hands and face at a safe distance. Also, be careful of the hot air/steam released when in operation and opening the door of your Air Fryer.
- In the case you smell burning food or smoke while using the Air Fryer, turn off the unit immediately.
- Make sure to turn off the Air Fryer by pressing the “ON/OFF” button before unplugging the power cord. Avoid pulling the power cord out of the outlet forcefully.
- Keep all food ingredients on or inside the compatible accessories to prevent any contact with the heating elements of the Air Fryer. Do not overfill baskets.
- Keep cords away from hot surfaces.
- Unplug the device from the outlet when not in use or before cleaning. Let the device cool completely before cleaning.
- For safety reasons, only use accessories included with the Hard Rock®Air Fryer or in separate accessory sets made for this item.
- Wash and dry the Air Fryer’s accessories well before use.
- Keep your item out of reach from children at all times.
- Your Air Fryer requires a voltage of 110 to 120V. Please make sure that your outlet is compatible before using with this product.
- Do not plug the Air Fryer into any outlet that is not the standard U.S. outlet.
- Place your item on a flat, stable surface. Keep at least 4 inches of empty space open on each side. Make sure to keep the device away from any curtains, wall coverings, or combustible materials.
- Remove all packaging materials, stickers, and labels before use.
- Clean the basket and all other accessories using hot water, a non-abrasive sponge, and dishwashing liquid before use. Wipe the interior and exterior of the Air Fryer with a damp cloth.
- Please make sure to use oven mitts whenever you are using the Air Fryer and its accessories. Always use caution as the accessories and interior of Air Fryer will become very hot during and after the operation.
- Put the drip pan in the bottom of the Air Fryer. The drip pan should be inserted below the lowest metal ridge. The drip pan should remain inside of the unit during any time of use and be kept clean/empty.
- Make sure the drip pan has been installed before use. Open the door and insert the wire rack on top of one of the 3 metal ridges within Air Fryer. (You can insert up to 3 wire racks within the item at a time.)
Make sure the drip pan has been installed before use. Open the Air Fryer door and place the mesh basket on top of one of the 3 metallic ridges as shown below. You can use both of your mesh baskets to cook in the Air Fryer at one time.
- Make sure the drip pan is installed before use. The rotisserie fork main rod should go through the center of the meat. The rotisserie fork prongs will skewer the meat on the sides to secure placement while cooking.
- Please note that the total weight of meat should not exceed 2.7 pounds to be used with the rotisserie fork. If the meat is above 2.7 pounds, you should use the basket instead.
- To insert the rotisserie fork inside the Air Fryer, we recommend using the lifting tong as well as always wearing oven mitts. The curved ends of the lifting tong should face upward to support the ends of the rotisserie fork from below. Make sure that the single notched end of the rotisserie fork is to your right while the double notched end is to the left as shown below.
- Using the lifting tongs, insert the rotisserie fork’s single notched end first into the Air Fryer. The single notched end of the rotisserie fork should be inserted into the circular opening in the right-center of the Air Fryer interior wall. Next, raise the double notched end slightly while keeping the right side in place. Hook the double notched end over the U-shaped platform in the left center of the interior wall. Unhook the lifting tong from the rotisserie fork by lowering it vertically and closing the
Air Fryer door.
- Choose the “Rotisserie” preset cooking function. Adjust the Air Fryer to your required temperature and cooking time. Press the “Rotisserie” button to start rotation for cooking.
- Make sure the drip pan is inserted before using the basket. When using the basket, attach the removable basket handle for taking the basket in and out of the unit. The metal locking hook needs to be locked before lifting the basket as you can see in the below image.
- To insert the basket in the Air Fryer, squeeze the silicone handle together in the open position and attach the handle to the basket with the hooks facing down. Once the handle is securely in place, you can lock the metal locking hook. Use handle to lift and insert the basket along the lowest metal ridge inside of the Air Fryer. Squeeze the handle, unlock the metal locking hook and detach the handle from your basket so you can close the door for cooking. Repeat the same process when removing the basket from your Air Fryer.
- Use the lifting tong to insert the wire rack, rotisserie fork and mesh basket into the Air Fryer. The ends of the lifting tongs will hook onto the edges of the wire rack and mesh basket. Detach the lifting tongs from accessories before cooking.
USING YOUR AIR FRYER
- Place your item on a stable, flat surface. Your item should be at least 4 inches away from other objects on each side.
- Insert the drip pan in the very bottom level of the Air Fryer as directed in the “Accessories” section of this manual.
- Plug the unit’s power cord into a standard U.S. outlet in your home.
USING YOUR AIR FRYER CONTINUED
- Place ingredients inside/on top of the Air Fryer accessory you would like to use. Insert the accessory in Air Fryer as directed in the “Accessories” section. (If you are using the basket, remove the handle after sliding the basket inside of the Air Fryer.)
Take care not to overfill/overload any of the accessories with food.
- Close the door of the Air Fryer. Please note the item will not begin operation until the door is closed completely.
- Turn the Air Fryer power on by pressing the “ON/OFF” button once. To begin cooking, choose one of the 16 preset functions by pressing “Menu” repeatedly until you reach your desired setting.
- Press “Time” and use the “+” and “- ” buttons to adjust the time for which you would like to cook your food. (With every short click, time will increase by 1 minute. If you press and hold “+” or “-”, time will increase by 10 minutes.) To adjust the temperature, press “Temp” and then use the “+” and “- ” buttons. You can choose between 31 different temperature settings. (130, 140, 150, 160, 170, 180, 190, 200, 210, 220, 230, 240, 250, 260, 270, 280, 290, 300, 310, 320, 330, 340, 350, 360, 370, 380, 390, 400, 410, 420, 430°F)
- In default mode, “Chicken”, “Keep Warm” and “Dehydrate” preset functions are programmed to use “Top Heating” exclusively. All other preset functions are set to use both top and bottom heating. Please note that you can change “Top Heating”, “Bottom Heating”, 29 temperature options, and time for any of the preset functions using the control panel.
- The “Proof” preset cooking function is meant to be used for the final rise of the shaped bread dough before baking. This preset function is not meant for the full baking process. To bake your bread, please use “Cookie” or “Cake” preset function and adjust temperature and cooking time according to your needs.
- Please note that you should never cook microwave popcorn in the Air Fryer.
- To cook food items that are not specifically named in the preset functions, you should choose the preset function that closest resembles your food type and set the temperature, time, top/bottom heating accordingly.
- To select your top and bottom heating settings, press “Top Heating” and/or “Bottom Heating” after setting the preset cooking function, temperature, and cooking time. Ensure that the “Top Heating” and/or “Bottom Heating” icons are lit up where you want the heating to be. To turn off top/bottom heating, you should press the button once more to turn the light off. Once you have selected all of your cooking options, press “ON/OFF” to start cooking.
USING YOUR AIR FRYER CONTINUED
- If you want to set your Air Fryer to start cooking after a certain period of time, you can use the “Delay” button. Press “Delay” after turning on the power and you will be shown a default reservation time of one hour. To adjust the delay time, toggle the “+” and “-” buttons. (With every short click, time will increase by 1 minute. If you press and hold “+” or “-”, time will increase by 10 minutes.) You can choose a delay time from a minimum of 1 minute to a maximum of 9 hours 59 minutes.
- Please note: you will pause the Air Fryer’s operation if you open the door while heating. If you leave the air fryer door open for 10 minutes, it will automatically turn off.
- Once your cooking time has ended, you will hear r 5 “beep” sounds and the cooking will stop automatically. Please note that you will still see the interior light remain on for 1 minute while the fan continues to operate. After the fan stops, you
will hear a single “beep” sound and the unit will turn off.
- Open the door and remove your cooking accessory from the Air Fryer carefully using oven mitts. If the frying basket was used, make sure to attach your basket handle to ensure safe removal from the unit as explained in the “Accessories” section.
- Pour cooked food on the plate or a heat-resistant storage container.
- Make sure the unit is powered off and unplug the power cord from your outlet.
MAINTENANCE AND CLEANING
- Make sure that your item is unplugged from the outlet and completely cooled before you clean it.
- After each use, clean the Air Fryer accessories well using water, soft cloth/sponge, and dishwashing soap.
- Wipe the Air Fryer interior and exterior with a soft, damp cloth, and be sure to dry completely.
- Do not immerse the power cord, plug, or Air Fryer in water/other liquids to avoid damaging the appliance.
- After drying the item and its accessories, store it in a dry, clean, and safe space.
PRESET COOKING FUNCTIONS:
|Food||Temp (F°)||Adjustable Temperature Range (P)||Time (Minutes)||Adjustable Time Range (Minutes)|
|Chicken (Default Rotisserie)||430||130-430||30||1-60|
|Dehydrate||160||120-160||8 hours||1 minute-8 hour|
|French Fries (Default Rotisserie)||430||130-430||20||1-60|
|Popcorn (Default Rotisserie)||430||130-430||8||1-60|
|Proof||100||Locked at 100||90||Locked at 90|
|Skewer (Default Rotisserie)||400||130-430||15||1-60|
**Please note that these settings are recommendations only. Since ingredients differ in size and shape, you should adjust temperature and time based on your preference.
Spicy Chicken Wings (Servings: 4)
Chicken wings – 2 pounds
Kosher salt – 1 teaspoon
Peanut oil – 2 tablespoons
Butter – 1 stick
Cayenne pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
Hot sauce – 5 oz
- Cut each of the chicken wings at the joint to separate the wingette and drumette.
- Prepare a small saucepan. Place butter and hot sauce inside at low heat and wait until the butter melts. Keep the pan’s contents warm on the stovetop.
- Wash the chicken wings and place them in a dry bowl. Rub oil, salt, and cayenne pepper into the wings. Make sure to coat the wings with the spices thoroughly.
- Put 8 wings inside the basket. Insert the basket into the Air Fryer, using the removable basket handle. Close the door and set Air Fryer to “Chicken” preset function.
- Adjust the temperature to 390 F° and the timer to 27-28 minutes. Use the basket handle to shake the chicken occasionally while cooking. Spritz evenly with oil once in the middle of cooking.
- When the cooking time is complete, open the door and place the wings in a serving plate. When removing, we recommend using a slotted spoon.
- Repeat steps 4 through 6 for the remaining chicken wings.
French Fries (Servings: 3)
Russet potatoes – 2
Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoons
Sea salt – the preferred amount
Black pepper – a preferred amount
- Peel the skin of the potatoes and cut them into thin strips in the form of French fries.
- Soak the potatoes in ice water for 15 to 20 minutes inside of a medium-sized bowl.
- Spread the potatoes out in the bottom of the Air Fryer basket so that they do not overlap. Insert the basket into the Air Fryer, using the removable basket handle. Close the Air Fryer door.
- You should use the “French Fries” preset function for this recipe. Set the air fryer temperature to 320 F° and the timer to 10 minutes. During this step, you are removing any excess water from the potatoes.
- Take the basket out of the Air Fryer and spray the tops of the potatoes with vegetable oil. Place the basket back inside of Air Fryer. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper and close the Air Fryer door.
- Change the temperature setting to 410 F° and the timer to 10 minutes.
- Shake the basket occasionally while cooking and spray additional oil as required.
- Once the cooking time has ended, French fries are ready to serve. Make sure that they have reached a golden color.
Chopped walnut – 1 cup
Unsalted butter – 20 tablespoons
Sugar – ½ cup
Vanilla oil – 1 ½ teaspoon
Large egg – 1
Large egg yolk – 1
All-purpose flour – 2 cups
Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Rolled oats – 1 cup
Semi-sweet chocolate chips – 3 cups
- Place the rolled oats in a food processor and grind until a fine, powderlike consistency is achieved. Preheat your Air Fryer to 320 °F for 10 minutes on the “Cookie” preset function.
- While preheating, place the walnuts in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and allow to cool
- Use your electric mixer to stir the butter and sugar together until well blended. Continue until you see it become a fluffy, light yellow mixture Add vanilla and stir together gently.
- Add egg and egg yolk into the mixture and stir until well-blended. Make sure you do not over-beat the cookie dough at this stage.
- Prepare a separate bowl. Stir in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Once thoroughly mixed, pour the wet batter in. Mix until blended.
- Stir in oats, chocolate chips, and walnuts.
- Place large spoonfuls of cookie dough onto a parchment-lined wire rack 3 inches apart from each other. The wire rack should be placed on the medium level of your Air Fryer.
- Bake only one sheet of parchment paper with cookie dough at a time for 13 to 15 minutes each.
- Allow cookies to sit on the parchment to cool for 3 minutes after removing from the Air Fryer. Allow cooling for 5 minutes.
- Repeat steps 8 to 10 until the remaining cookie dough is baked.
Fried Chicken (Servings: 4)
Skinless chicken breast – 2 ½lb
Self-rising flour – 2 cups
Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
Hot sauce – 1 cup
Large egg – 3
Salt – the preferred amount
Pepper – the preferred amount
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces on your cutting board. Place the chicken pieces in a medium-sized bowl.
- Season the chicken using salt, pepper, and any other desired seasonings. We recommend using your hands to rub the spices into the meat.
- Place the flour in a separate bowl to the side. Prepare another separate bowl to break eggs into and stir well.
- Pick up a piece of chicken and dip it into the bowl containing the eggs. Cover the chicken with the egg all around. Next, dip the chicken in the flour to create a second layer around the chicken. Repeat until all chicken pieces are double-coated with egg and flour.
- Line the frying basket with parchment paper. Spray the tops of the chicken pieces with olive oil and place them inside the basket. Make sure that chicken pieces do not overlap one another before cooking.
- Place the basket inside of the Air Fryer using the detachable basket handle.
- Change the Air Fryer to the “Chicken” preset function and set the temperature to 360 °F. Set the timer for 15 minutes and press the “ON/OFF” button to start cooking.
- Once cooking time is over, take the basket out of Air Fryer. Turn the chicken pieces over. Spray with oil again evenly.
- Close the door and set the temperature to 410 °F. Set the timer for 6 minutes.
- Once the cooking time ends and the chicken has reached the internal temperature of 165 degrees, you will remove it to a serving plate. Cover to keep the food warm. Repeat steps 8 through 10 for the remaining pieces of chicken.
New York Strip (Servings: 2)
2-inch thick New York strip steak – 2
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Extra virgin olive oil – ½ tablespoon
Ground black pepper – ½ teaspoon
Montreal steak seasoning – 1 teaspoon
- Take the steak out of the refrigerator and allow it to sit on your cutting board for half an hour in room temperature.
- Rub the salt into the steak on both sides. Let the steak sit for another 5 minutes.
- Set the Air Fryer to the “Steak” preset function and the temperature to 410 °F. Preheat your Air Fryer for a minimum of 5 minutes before placing the steak inside.
- Rub the steaks well with oil, pepper, and seasoning using your hands.
- Place the steak on the drip tray on the top rack of the Air Fryer.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes on each side of the steak.
- Allow sitting on the cutting board for 5 minutes before serving.
Toasted Cheese Sandwich (Servings: 2)
Brioche bread – 4 slices
Mayonnaise – 1 tablespoon
Emmental cheese – 4 slices
Cheddar cheese – 4 slices
- Preheat the Air Fryer for 10 minutes using the “Toast” preset function’s original settings.
- Place the drip pan on the bottom metal ridge of the Air Fryer
- Line your cutting board with baking parchment. Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on one side of each of the two pieces of bread.
- Lay the mayonnaise side downwards on the parchment paper for both pieces of bread.
- Top the two pieces of the bread with 2 pieces of Emmental cheese and 2 pieces of cheddar on each. Place the left-over slices of bread (mayonnaise side up) on top of the cheese to create two sandwiches.
- Place the parchment paper with bread on the wire rack. Set the rack in the middle level of the Air Fryer to cook for 4 minutes with the “Toast” preset function. Please make sure to insert a drip tray in the bottom level while cooking.
- Turn the sandwiches over and cook for another 4 minutes. You can cook for longer depending on your preference. 8. Let rest for 5 minutes before cutting.
Buffalo Chicken Taquitos (Servings: 1)
Cream cheese – 8 oz
Buffalo sauce– 1/8 cup
Cooked and shredded chicken – 2 cups
Small corn tortillas – 12
Fat-free ranch dressing – the preferred amount
Olive oil – the preferred amount
- Prepare a medium-sized bowl and pour in cream cheese and buffalo sauce. Mix until well blended.
- Add in chicken and mix well.
- Spread 2 to 3 tablespoons of the mixture in a thin line at the center of the corn tortilla. Use a spoon/fork for spreading.
- Fold the tortilla in half. Repeat the process until you have used up all ofthe chicken mixture.
- Use a paper towel to spread olive oil on the interior of the fryer basket. Coat the interior sides of the basket evenly.
- Place the taquitos inside the basket so that they do not overlap and are lying flat.
- Set your Air Fryer to 410 °F, using the “Chicken” preset function. 8. Cook for 13 to 14 minutes or until the taquitos turn golden brown and crispy. 9. Add ranch dressing before serving.
Crispy Bacon (Servings: 2)
Bacon strips – 4
- Cut bacon pieces in half.
- Set the Air Fryer to “Chicken” preset function and the temperature to 370 °F. Preheat for 2 minutes.
- Place the bacon halves on a wire rack. Spread out the bacon strips so they do not overlap. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes inside Air Fryer. Make sure to insert the drip pan at the bottom level while cooking the bacon.
- Use the basket handle to remove the basket from the Air Fryer.
- Place bacon strips on top of a paper towel to absorb the extra grease. 6. Ready to serve.
Crispy Quesadilla (Servings: 1)
6-inch flour tortilla – 2
Shredded cheddar cheese -1/2 cup
Shredded chicken or protein of your choice, cooked – ½ cup
Chopped spinach – ¼ cup
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 410 °F for 10 minutes using the “Chicken” preset function.
- Spray one side of the tortilla with cooking spray. Lay the sprayed side facing down in the bottom of the frying basket. Make sure to insert the drip pan in the bottom of the Air Fryer before cooking.
- Spread half of the shredded cheddar cheese over the tortilla. On top of the cheese layer, place shredded chicken and spinach evenly spread out.
- Spread the rest of the cheese over the top.
- Place the second tortilla over all the fillings.
- Put the basket with quesadilla inside of the Air Fryer using a removable basket handle.
- Cook for 9 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are crispy.
1 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Course Housewares, LLC warrants this product to be free from manufacturer defects for up to 365 days from the original date of purchase. If a defect is found to exist, Course Housewares will, at its option, either repair or replace the product or the defective component, including labor. Replacement will be made with a new or rebuilt product or components. This warranty does NOT cover (a) ordinary wear and tear (such as scratches, chips, or stains), (b) impact damage or breakage, (c) heat discoloration, minor imperfections, and slight color variations in the silicone or metals, which are a normal part of the craftsmanship, (d) extreme temperature or resulting damage to the product (e) improper cleaning methods causing scratches or damage, or (f) accessories, even if sold with the product, (g) any unit that has been tampered with, (h) damages incurred through improper use and care and (i) faulty packaging by you or mishandling by any common carrier. Failure to follow the accompanying Care and Use instructions or commercial use will void this warranty.
Course Housewares’ sole obligation and your exclusive remedy under this warranty is limited to repair or replacement, at its option, of the defective product. You will be responsible for any shipping and handling fees. Products returned to us that are not found to be defective in material or workmanship will be returned to you. If your particular product is found defective but is no longer available and cannot be repaired, a comparable product, at our discretion, will be sent as a replacement. This warranty extends only to the product’s original purchaser, US residents only, and does not cover damage caused by improper use or accidental damage. This warranty covers the Hard Rock Air Fryer only.
COURSE HOUSEWARES, LLC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE PRODUCT OR RELATING TO ITS QUALITY. PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, COURSE HOUSEWARES, LLC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT,
CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES WHETHER A CLAIM IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE, IN NO EVENT WILL LIABILITY EXCEED THE ORIGINAL PURCHASE PRICE OFTHE PRODUCT. THE DURATION OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THE EXPRESS WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN. COURSE HOUSEWARES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other legal rights, which vary from State to State. To process a claim: Do not return the product to the retailer from which it was purchased. Your retailer has no liability for this warranty. Please contact the Course Housewares customer service department for assistance and to ensure the fastest possible resolution to the problem. Please have your purchase information available to speed this process.
Send your name, physical address, phone number, original purchase receipt, and the safely packaged item prepaid to:
Course Housewares, LLC
1715 Lake Drive West
Chanhassen, MN 55317
Return shipping and handling charges may apply.
MADE IN CHINA