TrueTone SH-30 Pro-Active
Quick Start Guide
This quick start guide contains important information on the safe operation of the device. Read and follow the safety advice and instructions given. Retain the manual for future reference. If you pass on the device please include this manual.
This unit is intended to be used as a pick-up for acoustic string instruments. Any other use or use under other operating conditions is considered to be improper and may result in personal injury or property damage. No liability will be assumed for damages resulting from improper use.
Danger for children
Ensure that plastic bags, packaging, etc. are disposed of properly and are not within reach of babies and young children. Choking hazard! Ensure that children do not detach any small parts from the product. They could swallow the pieces and choke! Never let children unattended use electrical devices.
The adhesive must not be swallowed. Keep away from children. If swallowed, seek medical attention immediately.
Risk of fire due to the incorrect polarity
Incorrectly inserted batteries may destroy the device or the batteries. Ensure that proper polarity is observed when inserting batteries.
Possible damage by leaking batteries
Leaking batteries can cause permanent damage to the device. Take batteries out of the device if it is not going to be used for a longer period.
Where to use the product
Never use the product
- in conditions of extreme temperature or humidity
- in extremely dusty or dirty areas
- at locations where the unit can become wet
- To prevent damage, never use force when handling the product.
- Never immerse the product in water. Just wipe it with a clean dry cloth. Do not use liquid cleaners such as benzene, thinners, or flammable cleaning agents.
- When not in use, disconnect the plug from the coupling of the unit to protect the battery from unnecessary discharge.
- Not suitable for use on guitars with nitro lacquer or shellac. With long-term mounting on instruments with polyester coating, the lack of light exposure on the mounting spot can cause discoloration on the instrument.
- Clean the surface of the instrument where you want to attach the pickup.
- Clip the pickup into the soundhole of the instrument. Possibly, use the supplied reusable adhesive to ensure a tight fit.
- Connect the coupling (4)of the pick-up cable (3) to a suitable amplifier using a shielded instrument cable and switch the amp on.
- You can attach the leather strap (5) holding the coupling via its hole to the belt pin of your instrument.
Using the device
- The device combines two separate pick-up systems, one magnetic and one microphone-based. The microphone also transmits the touch or plucking sound as well as the sound of the resonating body of the instrument, resulting in a more authentic sound.
Note: When using instruments with nylon strings, only the signal picked up by the microphone will be present at the output, as magnetic pickups only work on instruments with metal strings.
- Use the Volume control to set the desired overall volume. Use the Mic control to control the amount of the total signal picked up by the microphone only.
- If you turn both knobs fully open, feedback may occur. In this case, you should reduce the microphone volume with the Mic control.
- Disconnect the instrument cable from the coupling when not in use. This protects the inserted batteries from unnecessary discharge.
- If the output signal level drops over time, the batteries are depleted and must be replaced. Note the polarity of the inserted batteries and remove them from the battery holder. Insert two fresh CR2032 batteries with the same polarity.
For the transport and protective packaging, environmentally friendly materials have been chosen that can be supplied to normal recycling. Ensure that plastic bags, packaging, etc. are properly disposed of. Do not just dispose of these materials with your normal household waste, but make sure that they are collected for recycling. Please follow the notes and markings on the packaging.
Batteries must not be disposed of as domestic waste or thrown into the fire. Dispose of batteries according to national or local regulations regarding hazardous waste. To protect the environment, dispose of empty batteries at your retail store or at appropriate collection sites.
This product is subject to the European Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE) in its currently valid version. Do not dispose of your old device with your normal household waste. Dispose of this product through an approved waste disposal firm or through your local waste facility. Comply with the rules and regulations that apply in your country. If in doubt, consult your local waste disposal facility.
- Welcome – Thomann United States search customer-center wishlist basket basket basket 3 Years Thomann Warranty 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee Repair Service Advice from our experts Satisfaction Guarantee Europe’s Largest Warehouse