You should read this user manual carefully before using the appliance.
Thank you for purchasing this Hendi appliance. Before using the appliance for the first time, please read this manual carefully, paying particular attention to the safety regulations outlined below.
- This appliance is intended for commercial use only and must not be used for household use.
- The appliance must only be used for the purpose for which it was intended and designed.
The manufacturer is not liable for any damage caused by incorrect operation and improper use.
- Keep the appliance and electrical plug away from water and any other liquids. In the event that the appliance should fall into water, immediately remove plug from the socket and do not use it until the appliance has been checked by a certified technician. Failure to follow these instructions could cause a risk to lives.
- Never attempt to open the casing of the appliance yourself.
- Do not insert any objects in the casing of the appliance.
- Do not touch the plug with wet or damp hands.
- Danger of electric shock! Do not attempt to repair the appliance yourself. In case of malfunctions, repairs are to be conducted by qualified personnel only.
- Never use a damaged appliance! Disconnect the appliance from the electrical outlet and contact the retailer if it is damaged.
- Warning! Do not immerse the electrical parts of the appliance in water or other liquids.
Never hold the appliance under running water.
- Regularly check the power plug and cord for any damage. If the power plug or power cord is damaged, it must be replaced by a service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid danger or injury.
- Make sure the cord does not come in contact with sharp or hot objects and keep it away from open fire. To pull the plug out of the socket, always pull on the plug and not on the cord.
- Ensure that the cord (or extension cord) is positioned so that it will not cause a trip hazard.
- Always keep an eye on the appliance when in use.
- Warning! As long as the plug is in the socket the appliance is connected to the power source.
- Turn off the appliance before pulling the plug out of the socket.
- Never carry the appliance by the cord.
- Do not use any extra devices that are not supplied along with the appliance.
- Only connect the appliance to an electrical outlet with the voltage and frequency mentioned on the appliance label.
- Connect the power plug to an easily accessible electrical outlet so that in case of emergency the appliance can be unplugged immediately. To completely switch off the appliance pull the power plug out of the electrical outlet.
- Always turn the appliance off before disconnecting the plug.
- Never use accessories other than those recommended by the manufacturer. Failure to do so could pose a safety risk to the user and could damage the appliance. Only use original parts and accessories.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge.
- This appliance must not be used by children under any circumstances.
- Keep the appliance and its cord out of reach of children.
- Always disconnect the appliance from the mains if it is left unattended or is not in use, and before assembly, disassembly or cleaning.
- Never leave the appliance unattended during use.
Special Safety Regulations
- This appliance is designed only for drying food such as vegetables and fruits in commercial use.
- This appliance is intended to be used in the following applications:
– staff kitchen areas in shops, offices, and other working environments;
– by clients in hotels, motels and other residential type environments;
– bed and breakfast type environments
- Use the appliance as described in the manual.
- This appliance should be operated and installed by specialized trained personnel in the kitchen of the food industry such as catering, restaurants, bars, etc.
- All maintenance, installation, and repair works should be performed by specialized trained authorized technicians.
- Caution! Hot surface. Danger of burns! Do not touch the appliance while in use as the temperature of the accessible surfaces may be very high.
- Do not place the appliance on a heating object (gasoline, electric, charcoal cooker, etc.)
Keep the appliance away from any hot surfaces and open flames. Always operate the machine on a level, stable, clean, heat-resistant and dry surface.
- Do not use the appliance near explosive or flammable materials, credit cards, magnetic discs or radios.
- Do not place heavy objects on top of the appliance.
- Never cover the appliance or ventilation holes with other objects. (e.g. dishcloth).
- Caution! Securely route the power cord if necessary in order to prevent unintentional pulling or contact with the heating surface.
- Do not wash the machine with water or a waterjet. Washing with water can cause leakage and increase the risk of electric shock. No parts are dishwasher safe.
- Do not clean or store the machine unless it is completely cooled down.
- Special care should be taken when moving or transporting the machine as it is too heavy.
With at least 2 people or using a trolley for assistance.
- The appliance is intended for professional use and can be operated only by qualified personnel.
- This appliance is designed only for drying appropriately food such as vegetables, fruits, etc. Any other use may lead to damage of the appliance or personal injury.
- Operating the appliance for any other purpose shall be deemed a misuse of the device. The user shall be solely liable for improper use of the device.
This appliance is classified as a protection class I appliance and must be connected to protective ground. Grounding reduces the risk of electric shock by providing an escape wire for the electric current. This appliance is equipped with a cord having a grounding wire with a grounding plug. The plug must be plugged into an outlet that is properly installed and grounded.
Main parts of the appliance
- Metal housing
- Stainless steel grid (x 10 for item 229026; x 6 for item 229033)
- Handle (x2)
- Control panel
- Ventilation holes
- Magnetic bar (x2)
- Foot (x4)
- Mesh (x1)
- Bottom pad (x1)
Control panel of the appliance
- ON / OFF button
- TEMP / TIME button
- LED display
- Increase setting (TEMP / TIME)
- Decrease setting (TEMP / TIME)
Preparations before first use
- Check the appliance for damage. In case of any damage, contact your supplier immediately and DO NOT use the appliance.
- Unpack the appliance carefully and remove all protective packaging and wrapping. Make sure no packaging debris remains on the appliance.
- Check delivery contents for any missing parts (10 stainless steel grids for item 229026; 6 stainless steel grids for item 229033, mesh, bottom pad) and any possible transport damage. In the event of damage caused by transit or any parts are missing, contact your supplier immediately.
- Clean the enclosure, stainless steel grids, bottom pad with a soft damp cloth with some mild detergent. (See ==> Cleaning and Maintenance). Make sure all the parts are completely dry before start operating the appliance.
- Place the appliance on a horizontal, stable, clean, and fire-resistant surface.
- Make sure that a clearance of 15cm is maintained around the appliance for adequate ventilation.
- Position the appliance in such a way that the plug is accessible at all times.
- Place a bottom pad at the bottom to collect any food residue during operation.
- Add a mesh on the stainless steel grid for small size of food.
Note: After cleaning the appliance, it must be switched ON (See ==> Operation) for about 30 minutes with
the temperature set at 75°C. There is some odor or smoke that evolved during the first few cycles. This is normal and does not indicate any defect or hazard. Make sure the appliance is well ventilated.
Guidelines for food preparation
- For the reason of safe and hygienic preservation, wash all the food well before drying.
- Only process non-perished food, any blemishes are to be removed generously.
- Dehydration results are more even if the food is cut into pieces of roughly the same size.
- To reduce the desiccating time, cut the food in thinner slices or pieces.
- The prepared food is to be desiccated in a continuous process. Do not interrupt the dehydrating process.
Approximate dehydration time and particular food preparation guidelines
The time required for dehydrating is greatly dependent on the kind of food to be dried, their moisture content, ripeness, thickness, temperature setting, and humidity of the inside chamber.
Storing of dried food
- Allow the dried food to cool well before storing. Also, make sure that they are absolutely dry. This is essential for proper storage.
- To prevent deterioration, dried food must be prevented from absorbing humidity during storage. Therefore, any storage tins, glasses, or plastic bags should be sealed airtight. Vacuum packaging would be the appropriate storage method.
- Desiccated food should be stored in a dry, cool, and clean area to ensure a long storage time.
- Place the appliance on a horizontal, stable, nonslip, and heat-resistant surface.
- Position the food evenly on the trays, ensuring they do not overlap. In order to have good ventilation inside the appliance, 10% of the tray’s surface should be free from food.
- Remove any trays that are not being used. A total of ten trays can be used at the same time.
- When inserting the trays, ensure they are aligned with the same side board correctly. Then, close the door firmly.
- Next, connect the power plug to a suitable electrical power supply socket, and the appliance is not in the STANDBY mode. There is a beep sound and the ON / OFF button will be lighted up in blue and the LED display will be shown as “ 0000 “ in red.
- Press the ON / OFF button to start the operation, the LED display will show the default time “10:00” (10 hours). All buttons on the control panel will be lighted up in blue.
- Now, you can press the button + or – to increase or decrease operation time. (Range: 00:30 ~ 24:00, interval is 30 minutes).
- The setting time will be stored automatically within few seconds.
- Then, the appliance will start operation and the remaining time will be shown on the LED display. The fan at the rear side of the appliance will start rotation.
- Press the TEMP / TIME button once to check the temperature setting, you can also press the button + or – to increase or decrease the operation temperature setting. (Default temperature: 70°C, range: 35°C ~ 75°C, the interval is 5°C).
- The setting temperature will be stored automatically within few seconds and return to display remaining time on the LED display.
- If you want to check the temperature that was set, press the TEMP / TIME button once and the set temperature will be shown on the LED display.
- During the operation process, you can check or change the time and temperature setting by pressing the TEMP / TIME button. And then press the button + or – to increase or decrease the temperature and time setting.
Switch to STANDBY mode
- Press the ON / OFF button to turn to STANDBY mode. All the buttons will go out except the ON / OFF button. And the LED display will be shown as “ 0000 “ in red.
Time setting end up
- When the setting time counts down to 00:00, the heating elements stop working first. The cooling fan will still continue running for about 10 seconds and 20 times of “beep” sounds from the buzzer will be heard to remind the user the operation is finished.
- End’ will be shown on the LED display and the appliance is in STANDBY mode.
- Unplug the appliance and wear gloves (not included) if necessary to take out the food.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Attention: Always unplug the appliance from the electrical power outlet and let it cool down completely before cleaning.
- Clean the inside and outside of the appliance, trays, bottom pad, and door with lukewarm water, a mild detergent, and a soft cloth. Do not clean the fan part.
- Dry all parts with a dry cloth before storing the appliance.
- Occasionally clean the fan unit with a vacuum cleaner.
- Note! To avoid damaging the appliance, do not clean the appliance with aggressive chemical or abrasives
• Before storage, always make sure the appliance has already been disconnected from the electrical outlet and cooled down completely.
• Store the appliance in a cool, clean, and dry place and out of reach of the children.
If the appliance does not function properly, please check the below table for the solution. If you are still unable to solve the problem, please contact the supplier/service provider.
|On/off switch doesn’t light red||No power||Check if the plug is connected to the power socket|
|Switch defect||Contact the supplier|
|Chamber doesn’t get warm||Heating element, thermostat or fan might be a defect||Contact the supplier|
|The chamber get’s too warm||Heating element or thermostat might be a defect||Contact the supplier|
|Drying takes to long||Humid conditions||Place the appliance in a less humid environment|
|Heating element, fan, or thermostat is a defect||Contact the supplier|
|Operating voltage and frequency||220- 240V- 50-60Hz|
|Rated input power||900 – 1100W||550 – 650W|
|Temperature setting range||35°C – 75°C|
|Time setting range||30 minutes to 24 hrs|
|Protection class||Class I|
|No. of shelving||10||6|
|Dimensions||417x535x(H)430 mm||340x450x(H)311 mm|
Remark: Technical specification is subjected to change without prior notification.
Any defect affecting the functionality of the appliance which becomes apparent within one year after purchase will be repaired by free repair or replacement provided the appliance has been used and maintained in accordance with the instructions and has not been abused or misused in any way. Your statutory rights are not affected. If the appliance is claimed under warranty, state where and when it was purchased and include proof of purchase (e.g. receipt). In line with our policy of continuous product development, we reserve the right to change the product, packaging, and documentation specifications without notice.
Discarding & Environment
When decommissioning the appliance, the product must not be disposed of with other household waste. Instead, it is your responsibility to dispose to your waste equipment by handing it over to a designated collection point. Failure to follow this rule may be penalized in accordance with applicable regulations on waste disposal. The separate collection and recycling of your waste equipment at the time of disposal will help conserve natural resources and ensure that it is recycled in a manner that protects human health and the environment. For more information about where you can drop off your waste for recycling, please contact your local waste collection company. The manufacturers and importers do not take responsibility for recycling, treatment and ecological disposal, either directly or through a public system.
3911 TX Rhenen, The Netherlands
Tel: +31 (0)317 681 040
Email: [email protected]
Hendi Food Service Equipment Romania Srl
Str. 13 decembrie 94A, Hala 14
Brașov, 500164, Romania
Tel: +40 268 320330
Email: [email protected]
– Changes, printing and typesetting errors reserved.
© 2019 Hendi BV Rhenen – The Netherlands
- Home | Serviceworld
- Welkom – Hendi – Tools for Chefs
- Log into Facebook
- HENDI – Tools for Chefs – YouTube