DolphinTM CT50 Healthcare
powered by Android 6.0
Quick Start Guide
Out of the Box
Make sure that your shipping box contains these items:
- Dolphin CT50 Healthcare mobile computer (Models CT50L0N)
- Rechargeable 3.6 VDC Li-ion battery
- Quick start guide and other compliance documents
If you ordered accessories for your mobile computer, verify that they are also included with the order. Be sure to keep the original packaging in case you need to return the mobile computer for service.
Memory Card Specifications
Honeywell recommends the use of Single Level Cell (SLC) industrial-grade microSD™ or microSDHC™ memory cards with Dolphin mobile computers for maximum performance and durability. Contact a Honeywell sales representative for additional information on qualified memory card options.
Accessories for the CT50h
These accessories are available for the computer:
- Ethernet HomeBase (Model CT50-EB)
- ChargeBase (Model CT50-CB)
- NetBase (Model CT50-NB)
- Quad Battery Charger (Model CT50-QBC)
- USB Adapter (Model CT50-USB)
Install a microSIM Card
Note: Format the microSD card before initial use.
Install the Battery
The CT50h mobile computers ship with a Li-ion 3.6 VDC, 14.6 watt-hour battery manufactured for Honeywell International Inc.
Charge the Computer
The CT50h mobile computer ships with a partially charged battery. Charge the battery with a CT50 charging device for a minimum of 4 hours. Using the computer while charging the battery increases the time required to reach a full charge.
Caution: We recommend the use of Honeywell accessories and power adapters. Use of any non-Honeywell accessories or power adapters
may cause damage not covered by the warranty.
The CT50h mobile computers are designed for use with the following charging accessories: Ethernet HomeBase, ChargeBase, NetBase, Quad
Battery Charger, and USB Adapter.
Caution: Make sure that all components are dry prior to using the computers and batteries with accessories. Using wet components may
cause damage not covered by the warranty.
Caution: This device shall not be used directly for active patient monitoring purposes or used for displaying alerts and alarms directly
from a patient’s medical device.
Turn Power On/Off
To turn the computer on:
- Press and release the Power button.
To turn the computer off:
- Press and hold the Power button until the options menu appears.
- Touch Power Off.
- When prompted to shut down the phone, touch OK.
Note: You should always power off the computer before removing the battery.
Sleep Mode (Suspend Mode)
Sleep mode automatically turns the touch panel display off and locks the computer to save battery power when the computer is inactive for a programmed period of time.
- Press and release the Power button to wake the computer.
- Drag the toward the top of the display to unlock the computer.
Adjust the Display Sleep Time
To adjust the amount of time before the display sleeps after inactivity:
- Touch All Apps> Settings> Display > Sleep.
- Select the amount of time for inactivity before the display goes to sleep.
- Touch the Home icon to return to the Home screen.
Turn Airplane Mode On/Off
- Swipe down from the top of the display to open the notifications panel.
- Swipe down again to access the quick settings.
- Touch Airplane Mode to toggle the mode On or Off.
Note: When Airplane Mode is turned on, appears on the status bar.
About the Home Screen
|Back||Back to the previous screen.|
|Recent Apps||View and switch between recently used apps.|
|Home||Return to the Home screen.|
|Search||Start a search on the computer or the Internet.|
|Volume||Raises or lowers the volume of the speaker.|
Note: Additional functionality varies according to the application in use.
To change the default button function of the Scan button or the Left and Right
side buttons, use the Key remap option under Settings. For additional information on how to remap a button function, see the user guide.
Scan a Bar Code with the Scan Demo
Note: For optimum performance, avoid reflections by scanning the bar code at a slight angle.
- Touch All Apps> Demos> Scan Demo.
- Point the computer at the bar code.
- Touch Scan on the touch screen or press and hold a Scan button.
Center the aiming beam over the bar code.
Take a Photo or Video
1. Touch on the Home Screen. The camera application opens on the computer.
2. Swipe from the left side of the screen to select either single photo mode or video mode.
3. Point the camera lens at the object you want to capture. The camera lens is located on the back of the computer.
4. Touch to capture a single photo or touch to start recording video. Touch to stop recording video.
Restart the Computer
You may need to restart the mobile computer to correct conditions where an application stops responding to the system or the computer seems to be locked up.
- Press and hold the Power button until the options menu appears.
- Select Reboot and then OK.
- restart the computer if the touch panel display is unresponsive:
•Press and hold the Power button for approximately 8 seconds until the computer restarts.
Note: If you try to restart the computer and still experience issues, you may need to see the user guide for information on how to perform a Factory Reset (Clean Boot).
To search our knowledge base for a solution or log into the Technical Support portal and report a problem, go to www.hsmcontactsupport.com.
For the user guide and other documentation, go to www.honeywellaidc.com.
For warranty information, go to www.honeywellaidc.com and click Get Resources > Product Warranty.
For patent information, see www.hsmpats.com.
Android and Google and other marks are trademarks of Google Inc.
Honeywell International Inc. (“HII”) reserves the right to make changes in specifications and other information contained in this document without prior notice, and the reader should in all cases consult HII to determine whether any such changes have been made. The information in this publication does not represent a commitment on the part of HII.
HII shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein; nor for incidental or consequential damages resulting from the
furnishing, performance, or use of this material. HII disclaims all responsibility for the selection and use of software and/or hardware to achieve intended results.
This document contains proprietary information that is protected by copyright. All rights are reserved. No part of this document may be photocopied, reproduced, or translated into another language without the prior written consent of HII.
Copyright © 2016 Honeywell International Inc. All rights reserved.
CT50H-AN6-EN-QS Rev A
- Productivity products and associated patents | Honeywell LinkedIn Facebook Twitter YouTube
- Safety and Productivity Solutions | Honeywell LinkedIn Facebook Twitter YouTube