Professional Hair Care Appliances
Use and Care, Instruction Manual
Salon Curling Iron
Product Registration – Go Online NOW!
Benefits of registering your new product:
- Proof of ownership. Your model number, serial number and other information will be kept in our files.
- Stay informed of the latest trends and product releases via email (6 times a year).
Opt-out option available on registration form.
Your privacy is important to us and we will NOT share or sell this information. HotTools.com/registration
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using electrical appliances, especially when children are present. basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following..
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING.
KEEP AWAY FROM WATER.
DANGER: As with most electrical appliances, electrical parts are electrically live even when the switch is off.
To reduce the risk of death by electric shock:
- Always –unplug it’ immediately after using.
- DO NOT use while bathing.
- DO NOT place or store appliance where it can fall a be pulled Ito a fib a sink.
- DO NOT use near, place Ti a drop WO water a other liquid.
- If an appliance falls Ito water, ‘unplug r DO NOT reach Ito the water.
- DO NOT use an appliance with a twisted. bent an otherwise damaged cord
WARNING: To reduce the risk of burns. fire, electrocution, or injury to persons:
- Pn appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in. Turn off the switch and unplug the electrical cad when not in use.
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by. on. cr near children a individuals with certain disabilities.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described ti this manual. DO NOT use attachments not recommended by the manufacturer.
- Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord a plug. if it is not working properly, a if it has been dropped, damaged, a. dropped into Return the appliance b a service center for examination and repair. NOTE: Helen of Troy L.P. does not have an authorized service center. However, if this appliance is still under warranty, retirn it to the Helen or Troy Consumer Service Department for replacement.
- Keep the cord away from heated DO NOT pull, twist a wrap the cord around the appliance.
- Never use while sleeping.
- Never drop cr insert any object into any opening.
- DO NOT use outdoors cr operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen s being administered
- This curling iron s hot when in use. DO NOT let eyes and bare skin touch heated surfaces. Use the handle.
- DO NOT use an extension cord with this appliance.
- DO NOT place the heated appliance directly on any surface while t is tot or plugged in. Use the stand provided.
- Keep the safety stand extended forward while in use.
- DO NOT operate this appliance with a voltage converter.
- Before plugging in, read the information about dual voltage contained the operating instructions section of this manual.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
USER MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
Your appliance is virtually maintenance-free. No lubrication is needed. Keep heated surfaces clean and free of dust, dirt. and hair spray. If cleaning becomes necessary, unplug the appliance from the power source and clean with lint Tools Iron Cleaner and a damp cloth. If the cad becomes twisted, untwist prior to use.
Hot Tools Styling
Model 1155 (4 oz.)
Model 1156 (8oz.)
If any malfunction occurs, do not attempt to repair. This appliance has no user-serviceable parts.
Unplug appliance when not in use.
Allow appliance to cool and store out of reach of children in a safe, dry location. Never wrap the cord around the appliance since this will cause the cord to wear prematurely and break. Handle cord carefully for longer life and avoid jerking, bending sharply, twisting, or straining cord, especially at plug connections.
KEEP AWAY FROM
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). As a safety feature, this plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
IMPORTANT: During the first few minutes of initial use, you may notice smoke and a slight odor. This is normal and is not a cause for concern. Automatic Worldwide Dual Voltage This appliance will automatically adjust to the proper voltage. In North America, connect the plug into any outlet. Outside North America, use a plug adapter of the proper configuration with the plug before connecting into any outlet.
- The Auto Shut-off feature is automatic “On” when you turn on the iron.
- The Shut-off feature will automatically turn your iron off, if you forget to do so, in 2 hours.
Plug the iron into an electrical outlet and slide the On/ Off Switch to the “On” position. Allow the appliance at least 60 seconds heating time. Indicator Light will blink until the selected temperature has been reached. Caution: Curling irons with Rheostat Control Dials operate at high temperatures when used on high settings. When using for the first time, begin with the LOWEST setting. Please read all instructions carefully before using them. For best results, follow these guidelines:
280°F – 345°F
345°F – 400°F
400F – 455°F
For fine, thin hair
For normal, medium-textured hair
For wavy, thick, coarse hair
Helpful Styling Hints
- Hair should be clean and dried completely before using any styling tool.
- Comb out a 2-inch section of hair and place hair ends between the Barrel and Clamp. The Clamp should be on top of the hair.
- Using one hand to hold the Cool Tip and the other to hold the curling iron Handle, roll under for a curl and over for a flip.
- Leave the iron in fine hair for 5 to 8 seconds, and 10 to 15 seconds for thick hair.
- Press Thumb Grip to release hair.
- Allow curls to cool before combing or brushing.
- When styling is complete, slide the “On/ Off” Switch to the “Off” position. Unplug the appliance and allow it to cool before storing.
Lifetime Limited Warranty
Helen of Troy warrants to the original purchaser that this appliance is free from defects in workmanship for life from the date of purchase. This warranty does not cover damages resulting from accident, misuse, abuse, attempts at repair or the use of unauthorized attachments. If this appliance fails to operate properly under normal use within 30 days from purchase because of defect, simply return it to the place of purchase with proof of purchase for a no-charge replacement.
If found defective after 30 days and within the warranty period, send the appliance postage paid along with proof of purchase, a note explaining the reason for return, and $5.00 US to cover handling, insurance, and return postage costs to: Helen of Troy L.P., Consumer Service Department, 1 Helen of Troy Plaza, El Paso,
Texas 79912 USA. (California residents are not required to send $5.00 US.)
Toll-free number: 1-800-487-8769.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other
rights, which may vary depending on where you live.
Printed in China
© 2019 Helen of Troy. All rights reserved.
Should your curling iron need a replacement spring, please fill out this order form and send it along with $2.00 for each spring, plus 50¢ postage and handling by check or money order to:
Consumer Service Department
1 Helen of Troy Plaza
El Paso, Texas 79912 USA
For product information, visit us at http://www.HotTools.com
Please send ……………spring(s)
@ $2.00 each Plus 50¢ postage and handling
(Please allow 6 weeks for delivery)