Operation Manual H1-MFH-CMB–KART
*Images used in this manual may vary slightly from the product and are for reference purposes only.
IMPORTANT: KEEP FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
Even if you have ridden a scooter for years, it is important for you and every rider to read this manual before using this product.
HELMETS SAVE LIVES!
Always wear a properly FItted helmet that complies with CPSC or CE safety standards when you ride your scooter.
Correct Fitting: Make sure your helmet covers your forehead.
Incorrect Fitting: The forehead is exposed and vulnerable to serious injury.
This manual is designed to give you the information you need for the safe operation and maintenance of your new Hover-1 Go-Kart. Please read it thoroughly before riding your Hover-1 Go-Kart.
Make sure you read this complete manual before riding your Hover-1 Go-Kart. Failure to do so, or failure to follow its guidelines could lead to serious injury or death.
Section One of this manual involves safety and Hover-1 Go-Kart care. Understanding and following this information will help you and your Hover-1 Go-Kart avoid injury or damage.
Section Two of this manual gives assembly and installation instructions for your Hover-1 Go-Kart.
Section Three of this manual covers specific safety and operating instructions for your Hover-1 Go-Kart. Even if you are an experienced rider, you should review this section before your first ride.
Section Four of this manual covers the warranty specifications of your Hover-1 Go-Kart.
HOVER-1 GO-KART DIAGRAM
- Handle Bars
- Pedal Mounts
- Adjustable Strap
- Seat Frame
- Foot Rests
- Front Wheel
- Flag Holder
Compatibility: Most self-balancing scooters (with 6.5″ tires)
Max Load: See the max load of your self-balancing scooter
Tire Size: 4” swivel caster
Seat Material: PP
|(1) Seat Frame|
|(1) Foot Rest Frame|
|(1) Left Handle Bar|
|(1) Right Handle Bar|
|(2) Set Hook & Loop Straps with Rubber Protectors Preassembled|
|(1) Allen Wrench|
|(2) M8*40 Screw|
|(4) M6* 16 Screw|
|(2) M8 Nut
(4) M6 Nut
|(1) Flag Set|
|(1) Flag Holder|
ASSEMBLING YOUR HOVER-1 GO-KART
If you have questions or concerns about any of these steps, please feel free to contact our Customer Service Team by scanning the QR code below or
Carefully follow the steps shown on the following pages for assembling the Hover-1 Go-Kart.
Remove all Hover-1 Go-Kart contents from the box. Ensure all contents from the “Parts List” section are accounted for.
- Put the Seat Frame, Frame, Left Handle Bar, and Right Handle Bar in a pre-assembly position shown in below image, the red marked places is where the 4 parts need to be assembled.
- Locate the provided 2 pcs M8*40 Screws, 2 pcs M8 Nuts and Flag Holder. Attach the left and right handlebar to the seat frame as shown below, position the Flag holder on either side and fasten the handlebars and Flag holder with Screws and Nuts.
- Insert the frame into the seat frame. Adjust the footrest extension and the seat frame to your preferred length.
Secure the frame in place using the 2 lockers.
- Align the 4 screw holes in the seat with the seat frame. Secure the seat in place with the 4pcs M6*16 screws and 4 pcs M6 nuts using an Allen wrench.
- Your Hover-1 Go-Kart is now completely assembled and should look like the below image.
INSTALLING YOUR HOVER-1 Go-Kart
If you have questions or concerns about any of these steps, please feel free to contact our Customer Service Team at www.hover-1.com/troubleshoot. Someone will be in touch to walk you through these steps.
Carefully follow the steps shown on the following pages for installing the Hover-1 Go-Kart onto your electric scooter. Read the remainder of this manual before riding your Hover-1 Go-Kart.
Your Hover-1 Go-Kart should be completely assembled prior to installing it onto your electric scooter. Please refer to the “Assembling your Hover-1 Go-Kart” section for assembling procedures.
- Place the pedal mounts onto the foot pedals of your self-balancing scooter with the front wheel facing forward. Ensure the pedal mounts are centered on the foot pedals of your scooter as much as possible.
For instructions on how to calibrate your Hover-1, please visit www.hover-1.com/troubleshoot
- Secure your Hover-1 Go-Kart to your self-balancing scooter using both adjustable straps with rubber protectors. Attach one end of each strap to the holes on the front of each pedal mount as shown below.
- Wrap one set of adjustable straps under your self-balancing scooter and attach the ends of the straps on the back of each pedal mount. The rubber protectors on the straps should be centered underneath the scooter, with side B facing the ground.
- Adjust both adjustable straps so that they are secured tightly around your scooter.
- Attach the Flag segments together then insert the assembled Flag into the Flag Holder of the Go-Kart shown below.
- Your Hover-1 Go-Kart should be properly installed onto your scooter as shown below.
Any scooter that does not work properly can cause you to lose control and fall. Inspect the entire device thoroughly before every ride, and do not ride it until any problems have
HOVER-1 Go-Kart OPERATION
It is important that you fully understand all elements of your Hover-1 Go-Kart. If these elements are not used correctly, you will not have full control of your Hover-1 Go-Kart. Before you ride fast, or outside of a controlled environment, learn the functions of the various mechanisms on your Hover-1 Go-Kart.
Practice using the elements of your Hover-1 Go-Kart at slower speeds in an open area before taking the Hover-1 Go-Kart on public roads.
Do not ride a Hover-1 Go-Kart with a part that is damaged; replace the damaged part before riding.
PRE-RIDE HOVER-1 GO-KART CHECKLIST
Ensure that your Hover-1 Go-Kart and scooter are in proper working order each and every time you ride. If a part of the Hover-1 Go-Kart does not function correctly, please contact our Customer Support Center.
- Ensure your tire pressure is at the suggested PSI level for your scooter before riding.
- Ensure the battery of your scooter is fully charged before riding your Hover-1 Go-Kart.
- Ensure that the screws on the Hover-1 Go-Kart are locked firmly before each ride.
- Check to ensure the tires of your scooter are not worn.
- Check to ensure all connections are maintained on your scooter.
The rst rule in safe riding is to use common sense. A Hover-1 Kart is vulnerable; it cannot protect you in a crash, against impact, or loss of control. A Hover-1 Go-Kart can tip over sideways or pitch you over the front wheel. It moves faster than a typical scooter. This section is a guide on safe riding practices for operation. Make sure you are
using your Hover-1 Go-Kart properly.
Different localities and countries have different laws governing riding on public roads, and you should check with local officials to ensure you are complying with these laws.
Hover-1 is not liable for tickets or violations given to riders who do not follow these regulations.
- For your safety, always wear a helmet that meets CPSC or CE safety standards. In the event of an accident, a helmet can protect you from serious injury and in some cases, even death.
- Obey all local laws, traffic signals, pedestrian crosswalks, etc.
- If riding with friends and multiple Hover-1 Go-Karts, ride single le in a straight line.
- Have a satisfactory signaling device (bell, horn, etc.) to warn drivers and pedestrians of your approach.
- Ride defensively; expect the unexpected.
- Give pedestrians the right of way.
- Do not ride too close to pedestrians and alert them if you intend to pass them from behind.
- Slow down at all street intersections and look to the left and right before crossing.
- Always use proper hand signals for turning and stopping. Give signals 100ft before stopping or turning and always return both hands to the handlebars before stopping or turning.
- Watch for cars pulling out into traffic and for the sudden opening of car doors.
- Avoid potholes, drainage grates, or other hazards.
- Cross railroad tracks at a right angle.
- Do not ride on soft road edges, gravel, sand, and uneven surfaces. Ride slowly and avoid quick turns.
- Never hitch onto other vehicles.
- Do not “stunt” ride or race in traic.
- Do not weave in and out of traic or swerve from side to side.
- A crash can put extraordinary stress on Hover-1 Go-Kart components, possibly causing them to fatigue prematurely or break on impact. Components suffering from stress fatigue can fail suddenly, causing loss of control or serious injury.
CAUTION: RIDING IN WET WEATHER
Do not ride your Hover-1 Go-Kart in wet weather, as there are electronic components in your scooter that may be damaged if exposed to water.
- This product is strictly forbidden to use on roads and highways unless your local laws state otherwise. You must wear a safety helmet, knee and elbow pads, and other necessary protective gear when riding your Hover-1 Go-Kart.
- Check all components and make sure Go-Kart is securely and correctly attached to the scooter before each ride.
Be sure the scooter is properly calibrated before each ride. The Go-Kart must be detached from the scooter for proper calibration of the scooter.
- Do not make sharp turns.
- Do not operate near swimming pools or other bodies of water.
To reduce the risk of injury, adult supervision is required.
Never use in roadways, near motor vehicles, on or near steep inclines or steps, swimming pools, or other bodies of water; always wear shoes, and never allow more than one rider.
RIDING YOUR HOVER-1 Go-Kart
Ensure your Hover-1 Go-Kart is fully assembled and correctly installed onto your scooter with all straps and screws secured in place. Ensure your scooter is properly calibrated as well. Failure to do so may result in serious bodily harm or death and damage to the unit and your scooter.
After reviewing the pre-ride checklist, follow the steps below to begin riding your Hover-1 Go-Kart.
- Turn on your scooter.
- Sit comfortably in the Hover-1 Go-Kart seat.
- Place your feet onto the footrests.
- Firmly grip both handlebars and slowly push them down simultaneously to move forward.
- When riding, slowly pull both handlebars upwards simultaneously to brake.
- To reverse, slowly pull both handlebars upwards simultaneously.
- To turn right, push the right handlebar down while holding the left handlebar in the neutral position.
- To turn left, push the left handlebar down while holding the right handlebar in a neutral position.
for warranty information, please visit us at: www.hover-1.com
Replacement parts may be available for purchase at www.hover-1.com.
Parts availability is not guaranteed.