HOVER-1 H1-RNG+ Ranger+ Hoverboard
Always wear a properly fitted helmet that complies with CPSC or CE safety standards when you ride your scooter.
Incorrect Fitting: Forehead is exposed and vulnerable to serious injury.
Correct Fitting: Make sure your helmet covers your forehead.
PLEASE READ THE USER MANUAL THOROUGHLY. Failure to follow the basic instructions and safety precautions listed in the user manual can lead to damage to your device, other property damage, serious bodily injury, and even death. Thank you for purchasing the Hover-1 RANGER+ Electric Scooter. Please read all instructions carefully before using and retain this manual for future use and reference. This manual applies to the RANGER+ Scooter.
- In order to avoid dangers that are caused by collisions, falls, and loss of control, please learn how to ride the hoverboard safely.
- You can learn operating skills by reading the product manual and watching videos.
- This manual includes all operating instructions and precautions, and users must read it carefully and follow the instructions.
- Hover-1 can not be held liable for damage or injury caused by failure to understand and follow the warnings and instructions in this manual.
- Use only the supplied charger with this scooter. Charger Manufacturer: DONGGUAN GREEN POWER ONE CO., LTD Model: GA19-4200850US
- The operating temperature range of the hoverboard is 32-104° F (0-40° C).
- do not ride on icy or slippery surfaces.
- Read the user manual and warning labels before riding.
- Store the hoverboard in a dry, ventilated environment.
- When transporting the hoverboard, avoid violent crashes or impact.
LOW TEMPERATURE WARNING
Low temperature will affect the lubrication of moving parts inside the hoverboard scooter, increasing internal resistance. At the same time, in low temperatures, the discharge capacity and the capacity itself of the battery will be significantly decreased.
Use caution when riding the hoverboard in cold temperatures (below 40 degrees F). Doing so may increase the risk of mechanical failures of the scooter, which may lead to damage to your device, other property damage, serious bodily injury and even death.
- Keep the device away from heat sources, direct sunlight, humidity, water and any other liquids.
- Do not operate the device if it has been exposed to water, moisture or any other liquids to prevent against electric shock, explosion and/or injury to yourself and damage to the device.
- Do not use the device if it has been dropped or damaged in any way.
- Repairs to electrical equipment should only be performed by the manufacturer. Improper repairs voids the warranty and may place the user at serious risk.
- Do not puncture or harm the exterior surface of the product in any way.
- Keep the device free from dust, lint, etc.
- Do not use this device for anything other than its intended use or purpose. Doing so may damage the device or lead to property damage, injury or death.
- This product is not a toy. Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not expose batteries, battery pack, or batteries installed to excessive heat, such as direct sunlight, or open flame.
- Do not allow hands, feet, hair, body parts, clothing or similar articles to come in contact with moving parts, wheels or drive train, while the engine is running.
- Do not operate or allow others to operate the hoverboard until the user understands all instructions, warnings and safety features described in this manual.
- Check with your doctor if you have a medical condition that could affect your ability to use the hoverboard.
- Persons with head, back or neck ailments or prior surgeries to those areas of the body are not recommended to use the hoverboard.
- Do not operate if you are pregnant, have a heart condition, or have both.
- Persons with any mental or physical conditions that may make them susceptible to injury or impair their physical or mental capabilities to recognize, understand and perform all of the safety instructions and to be able to assume the hazards inherent in unit use, should not use the hoverboard.
In this manual, the above symbol with the word “NOTES” indicates instructions or relevant facts the user should remember prior to using the device.
In this manual, the above symbol with the word “CAUTION” indicates a hazardous situation which, if not avoided, can cause minor or moderate injury.
Please keep the serial number on file for warranty claims as well as proof of purchase.
WARNING: Prolonged Exposure to UV Rays, Rain and the Elements May Damage the Enclosure Materials. Store Indoors When Not in Use.
The hoverboard is a personal transporter. Our technology and production processes are developed with strict testing for each hoverboard. Operating the hoverboard without following the contents of this manual may lead to damage to your hoverboard, or bodily injury. This manual is designed to give you the information you need for the safe operation and maintenance of your hoverboard. Please read it thoroughly before riding your hoverboard.
- Hover-1 RANGER+ Electric Scooter
- Charging Cable
- Operation Manual
- Battery Indicator
- System Indicator
- LED Lights
- Wireless Speaker
- Foot Pads
- Power Button(located in rear)
- Charge Port (located in rear)
The device uses digital electronic gyroscopes and acceleration sensors to control balance and motion, depending on the user’s center of gravity. The device also uses a control system to drive the motors that are located within the wheels. The device has a built-in inertia dynamic stabilization system that can help assist with balance when moving forward and backwards, but not while turning. TIP – To increase your stability, you must shift your weight in order to overcome the centrifugal force during turns, especially when entering a turn at higher speeds.
Any hoverboard that does not work properly can cause you to lose control and fall. Inspect the entire device thoroughly before every ride, and do not ride it until any problems have been corrected.
- Model: H1-RNG+
- Net Weight: 15.54 lbs (7.05 kg)
- Load: 44-264 lbs (20-120 kg)
- Max Speed: Up to 9 mph (14.4 km/h)
- Max Distance Range: Up to 9 miles (14.4 km)
- Max Incline Angle: 15° degrees
- Minimum Turning Radius: 0°
- Battery Type: Lithium-ion
- Battery Voltage: 36 V
- Battery Capacity: 4.0 Ah
- Power Requirement: AC 100-240V, 50/60 Hz
- Wheel Size: 6.5 Inches (16.51 cm)
- Product size: 23.54 x 8.07 x 7.44 inch (598 x 205 x 189 mm)
- Bluetooth Range: Up to 33ft
- Bluetooth Speaker: V4.0 with stereo sound quality
- FCC ID: 2AANZRNGPLUS
- BT ID: D051448
CONTROLS AND DISPLAY
TURNING YOUR DEVICE ON/OFF
Power On: Take your device out of the box and place it flat on the floor. Press the power button (located on the rear of your device) once. Check the LED indicator (located in the center of your device). The battery indicator light should be lit, indicating the device is powered on. Power Off: Press the power button once. This model also has self-balance function. Generally, the device will activate the self-balance function when the device is powered on. If the device doesn’t activate the self-balance function, please press the power button twice when the scooter is on.
There are four sensors under the foot mats on your hoverboard. When the user steps off the scooter mats, it will automatically initiate self-calibration. When riding the scooter, you must ensure you are stepping on the foot mats. Do not step or stand on any other area of your scooter. The hoverboard may vibrate or spin in one direction, if weight and pressure are applied to only one foot mat.
The display board is located in the middle of the hoverboard.
- Green LED light indicates the hoverboard is fully charged.
- Red flashing LED light and beeping indicates low battery.
- Yellow light indicates the board is charging.
When the LED light turns red, please recharge the device.
When the operator triggers the foot mats, the Running Indicator LED will light up, which means that the system enters the running state. When the system has an error during operation, the running LED light will turn red (for more details see SAFETY ALERTS).
The hoverboard has a powerful built-in wireless speakers so you can play your music while riding.
PAIRING THE SPEAKER
- Turn on your hoverboard and the speakers will “Ping” to announce that it’s waiting for a Bluetooth® connection. This will indicate your hoverboard speaker is now in pairing mode.
- Place the hoverboard and the Bluetooth® device to which you would like to pair it within the operating distance. We recommend keeping the two devices no further than 3 feet apart during pairing.
- Ensure Bluetooth® is enabled on your phone or music device. Refer to manufacturer’s instructions for how to enable Bluetooth® on your device.
- Once you have activated Bluetooth® on your device, select the option “H1-RNG+” from the list of available Bluetooth® devices.
- If required, enter the PIN code “000000” and confirm the entry.
- The hoverboard will say “Paired” when successfully paired.
- Please note, pairing mode on the hoverboard will last for two minutes. If no devices are paired after two minutes, the hoverboard speaker will automatically return to standby mode.
- If pairing is unsuccessful, turn off the hoverboard first and re-pair following the aforementioned steps.
- If your smart phone is out of range, or the battery is low on your hoverboard, your speaker may disconnect from your smart device, and the hoverboard will say “Disconnected.” To reconnect, follow the aforementioned steps, or recharge your scooter.
NOTE: Once you have paired the hoverboard speaker with a device, the speaker will remember this device and will pair automatically when the device’s Bluetooth® is activated and in range. You do not need to re-pair any previously connected devices. Your scooter can pair up to two multi-point devices. You can reconnect a previously paired device without going through the pairing or PIN process on up to two devices.
LISTENING TO MUSIC
Once the hoverboard Bluetooth speaker is paired to your device, you can stream music wirelessly through it. Only one speaker will play music as the other speaker is strictly for safety alerts from your Hover-1. Select the track you wish to listen to on your device to listen via the speaker. All volume and track controls will be made using your music device. Should you encounter any problems while streaming, please refer to your device’s user manual.
CONNECT THE HOVERBOARD
- Scan the QR code to download the Hover-1 E-Mobility App.
- Open the app and select “sign up” or “log in”.
- Complete any updates that are prompted
- Click the button on the top right hand corner (+) to add device.
- Click “Auto Scan” at the top of the screen and turn on your scooter
- Select the “Enable Bluetooth”, and then click “Start Scanning”.
- After searching, an available device that can be connected appears, click “Next”.
- As shown in the picture, the status is “connecting”. Once the connection is established, it will automatically add the device to the home page. Subsequently, the next time you open the app, you can directly select the device.
- Lastly, click “done” to complete.
DISCONNECT THE HOVERBOARD
- Select the icon “ ” on the top right corner of the app product screen.
- Select “Remove Device” button at the bottom.
- Lastly, “Disconnect and wipe data” to remove device from the app product panel.
It is important that you fully understand all elements of your hoverboard. If these elements are not used correctly, you will not have full control of your hoverboard. Before you ride, learn the functions of the various mechanisms on your scooter.
Practice using these elements of your hoverboard at slower speeds in a flat, open area before taking the device out in public areas.
Ensure that your hoverboard is in proper working order each and every time you ride. If a part of the scooter does not function correctly, please contact our Customer Support Center.
- Ensure the battery is fully charged before riding your scooter.
- Please wear all appropriate safety and protective gear as previously mentioned in the User Manual before operating your hoverboard.
- Make sure to wear comfortable clothes and flat closed-toe shoes when operating your device.
- Please carefully read the User Manual, which will assist in explaining the basic working principles and provide tips on how to best enjoy your experience.
Different localities and countries have different laws governing riding on public roads, and you should check with local officials to ensure you are complying with these laws. Hover-1 is not liable for tickets or violations given to riders who do not follow local laws and regulations.
- For your safety, always wear a helmet that meets CPSC or CE safety standards. In the event of an accident, a helmet can protect you from serious injury and in some cases, even death.
- Obey all local traffic laws. Obey red and green lights, one-way streets, stop signs, pedestrian crosswalks, etc.
- Ride with traffic, not against it.
- Ride defensively; expect the unexpected.
- Give pedestrians the right-of-way.
- Do not ride too close to pedestrians and alert them if you intend to pass them from behind.
- Slow down at all street intersections and look to the left and right before crossing.
Your hoverboard is not equipped with reflectors. It is not recommended that you ride in conditions of low visibility. Think about safety when you ride. You can prevent many accidents if you think about safety. Below is a helpful checklist for Compact riders.
- Do not ride above your skill level. Ensure you have had enough practice with all functions and features of your hoverboard.
- Before stepping on your hoverboard, make sure it is placed flat on level ground, the power is on, and the Running Indicator light is green. Do not step on if the Running Indicator light is red.
- Do not try to open or modify your hoverboard. Doing so, voids the manufacturer warranty and may cause your hoverboard to fail, resulting in injury or death.
- Do not use the hoverboard in a manner that would put people or property in danger.
- If riding near others, keep a safe distance to avoid collision.
- be sure to keep your feet on the pedals at all times. Moving your feet off your hoverboard while driving is dangerous and may cause the hoverboard to stop or veer sideways.
- Do not operate the hoverboard while under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
- Do not operate the hoverboard when you are restless or sleepy.
- Do not ride your hoverboard off of curbs, ramps, or attempt to operate in a skate park, empty pool. Misuse of your hoverboard, voids the manufacturer warranty and may lead to injury or damage.
- Do not continuously spin in place, it will cause dizziness and increases risk of injury.
- Do not abuse your hoverboard, doing so can damage your unit and cause failure to the operating system leading to injury. Physical abuse, including dropping your hoverboard, voids the manufacturer warranty.
- This device is recommended for riders ages 15 and older.
- At higher speeds, always take into consideration longer stopping distances.
- Do not step forward off of your hoverboard.
- Do not attempt to jump on or off your hoverboard.
- Do not attempt any stunts or tricks with your hoverboard.
- Do not ride the hoverboard in dark or poorly lit areas.
- Do not ride the hoverboard off road, near or over potholes, cracks or uneven pavement or surfaces.
- Keep in mind that you are 5.21 inches (13.24 cm) taller when operating the hoverboard. Make sure to go through doorways safely.
- Do not turn sharply, especially at high speeds.
- Do not step on the fenders of the hoverboard.
- Avoid driving the hoverboard in unsafe places, including near areas with flammable gas, steam, liquid, dust or fiber, which could cause fire and explosion accidents.
- before riding, ensure that tires are in good condition and have sufficient tread remaining.
- Do not operate near swimming pools or other bodies of water.
When a hoverboard and a kart (sold separately) are being used, it is NOT ADVISABLE to ride the combo uphill. If using on a steep incline above 5-10°, a safety mechanism built into the hoverboard will activate, which will shut down your hoverboard automatically. If this happens, dismount your hoverboard, place it on a flat surface, wait 2 minutes, and then power your hoverboard on again.
RIDING YOUR HOVERBOARD
FAILURE TO FOLLOW ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SAFETY PRECAUTIONS CAN AND MAY LEAD TO DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, VOID YOUR MANUFACTURER WARRANTY, LEAD TO PROPERTY DAMAGE, CAUSE SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, AND CAN LEAD TO DEATH. Before using your device, be sure to familiarize yourself with the operating procedures.
OPERATING YOUR DEVICE
Make sure the device is fully charged before your initial use. For charging instructions, please follow details under CHARGING YOUR DEVICE. Stand directly behind your device and place one foot on the corresponding foot mat (as described in the diagram below). Keep your weight on the foot which is still on the ground, otherwise the device may begin to move or vibrate, making it difficult to step on evenly with your other foot. When you are ready, shift your weight to the foot already placed on the device and step on with your second foot quickly and evenly (as described in the diagram below).
Stay relaxed and step on quickly, confidently and evenly. Imagine climbing stairs, one foot, then the other. Look up once your feet are even. The hoverboard may vibrate or spin in one direction, if weight and pressure are applied to only one foot mat. THIS IS NORMAL.
Find your center of gravity. If your weight is distributed correctly on the foot mats and your center of gravity is level, you should be able to stand on your device just as if you were standing on the ground. On average, it takes 3-5 minutes just to get comfortable standing on your device and maintaining proper balance. Having a spotter will help you feel more secure. The hoverboard is an incredibly intuitive device; it senses even the slightest bit of motion, so having any anxiety or reservation about stepping on may cause you to panic and trigger unwanted movement. When you first begin using your device, the fastest way to move in your desired direction is to focus in that direction. You will notice that just thinking about which way you would like to go will shift your center of gravity, and that subtle movement will propel you in that direction. Your center of gravity determines which direction you move, accelerate, decelerate, and come to a complete stop. As described in the diagram below, tilt your center of gravity in the direction you wish to move. To turn, focus on the direction you wish to turn and stay relaxed. As you get comfortable on the device, you will notice it becomes easier to maneuver. Remember at higher speeds, it is necessary to shift your weight to overcome the centrifugal force. Bend your knees if you encounter bumps or uneven surfaces, then dismount and carry your hoverboard to a safe operating surface.
Try staying relaxed and focus on finding your center of gravity to maintain full control of your hoverboard.
Dismounting your device can be one of the easiest steps, yet when done incorrectly, may cause you to fall. To properly dismount, from a stopped position, lift one leg up and set your foot back down on the ground (STEPPING BACK). Then step off completely as described in the following diagram.
WEIGHT AND SPEED LIMITATIONS
Speed and weight limits are set for your own safety. Please do not exceed the limits listed here in the manual.
- Maximum Weight: 264 lbs
- Minimum Weight: 44 lbs
- Maximum Speed: Up to 9 mph
The hoverboard can travel a distance up to 9 miles on a fully charged battery in ideal conditions. The following are some of the major factors that will affect the operating range of your device.
- Terrain: Riding distance is highest when riding on a smooth, flat surface. Riding uphill and/or on rough terrain will reduce distance significantly.
- Weight: A lighter user will have further range than a heavier user.
- Ambient temperature: Please ride and store the device under recommended temperatures, which will increase driving distance; battery life, and overall performance of your device.
- Speed and Riding Style: Maintaining a moderate and consistent speed while riding produces maximum distance. Traveling at high speeds for extended periods, frequent starts and stops, idling and frequent acceleration or deceleration will decrease overall distance.
BALANCE & CALIBRATION
If your hoverboard is unbalanced, vibrating, or not turning properly, you can follow the below steps to calibrate it.
- First, place the hoverboard on a flat, horizontal surface such as the floor or a table. The foot mats should be even with each other and not tilted forward or backward. Make sure the charger is not plugged in and the board is turned off.
- Press and hold the ON/OFF button for a total of 10-15 seconds. The scooter will turn on, lighting the battery indicator on the board.
- Turn the board off and then turn the board back on. Calibration will now be completed.
While riding your hoverboard, if there is a system error or illegal operation performed the device will prompt the user in a variety of ways. You will notice the Running Indicator Light will turn RED and you will hear a beep sound alerting you to take precaution and cease operation, which may make the device stop suddenly. The following are common occurrences where you will hear the Safety Alerts. These notices should not be ignored, but appropriate action should be taken to correct any illegal operation, failure or errors.
- Unsafe riding surfaces (uneven, too steep, unsafe, etc.)
- When you step on the device, if the platform is tilted more than 15 degrees forward or backward.
- Battery voltage is too low.
- The device is still charging.
- During operation, the platform self initiates to tilt due to excess speed.
- Overheating, or motor temperature is too high.
- The device has been rocking back and forth over 30 seconds.
- If the system enters protection mode, the alarm indicator will light up and the board will vibrate. This typically occurs when the battery is about to run out of power and stop abruptly.
- If the platform is tilted forward or backward more than 15 degrees, your hoverboard will power off and stop suddenly, possibly causing the rider to lose balance or fall off.
- If any or both tires are blocked, the device will stop after 2 seconds.
- When the battery level has depleted below protection mode, the device engine will power off and stop after 15 seconds.
- While sustaining a high discharge current during use (such as driving up a steep slope for a long period of time), the device system indicator will flash a red light, please power off the device for 15 seconds.
CHARGING YOUR HOVERBOARD
CHARGING THE DEVICE
- ensure that the charging port is clean and dry.
- make sure that there is no dust, debris or dirt inside the port.
- plug the charger into a grounded wall outlet. The charging indicator light on the charger will be green.
- connect the cable with the power supply (100v ~ 240v; 50/60 hz).
- align and connect the 3-pin charging cable into the charging port of the hoverboard. Do not force or bend the charging cable into the charging port, as it may cause the prongs to bend or break.
- once attached to the board, the charging indicator light on the charger should change to “RED”, indicating that your device is now being charged.
- when the “RED” indicator light on your charger turns to “GREEN”, then your device is fully charged.
- a full charge may take up to 5 hours. While charging, you will see a yellow flashing light on the scooter, which also indicates charging. Do not charge for more than 6 hours.
- after fully charging your hoverboard, unplug the charger from your device and from the power outlet.
BATTERY CARE / MAINTENANCE
- Battery Type: Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Charge Time: Up to 5 hours
- Voltage: 36V
- Initial Capacity: 4.0 Ah
The lithium-ion battery is built into the device. Do not disassemble the device to remove the battery or attempt to separate it from the device.
- When charging the device, please use the enclosed 3-pin charging cable or otherwise ensure that the battery charging conditions are met.
- Do not connect or attach the device or the battery to a power supply plug or directly to a car’s cigarette lighter.
- Do not place the device or batteries near a fire, or into direct sunlight. Heating the device and/or the battery can cause additional heating, breaking, or ignition of the battery inside the device.
- Do not continue charging the battery if it does not recharge within the specified charging time. Doing so may cause the battery to become hot, rupture, or ignite.
To preserve natural resources, please recycle or dispose of batteries properly. This product contains lithium-ion batteries. Local, state, or federal laws may prohibit disposal of lithium-ion batteries in ordinary trash. Consult your local waste authority for information regarding available recycling and/or disposal options.
- Do not attempt to modify, change, or replace your battery.
- Do not use your device if the battery begins to emit odor, overheats, or begins to leak.
- Do not touch any leaking materials or breathe fumes emitted.
- Do not allow children and animals to touch the battery.
- The battery contains dangerous substances, do not open the battery, or insert anything into the battery.
- Please only use the charger provided by Hover-1.
- Do not attempt to charge the device if the battery has discharge or emits any substances. In that case, immediately distance yourself from the battery in case of fire or explosion.
- Lithium-ion batteries are considered to be hazardous materials. Please follow all local, state and federal laws in regards to recycling, handling and disposing of Lithium-ion batteries.
CARE & MAINTENANCE
- Do not expose the device to liquid, moisture, or humidity to avoid damage to the product’s internal circuitry.
- Do not use abrasive cleaning solvents to clean the device.
- Do not expose the device to extremely high or low temperatures as this will shorten the life of the electronic device, destroy the battery, and/or distort certain plastic parts.
- Do not dispose of the device in fire as it may explode or combust.
- Do not expose the device to contact with sharp objects as this will cause scratches and damage.
- Do not allow the device fall from high places, as doing so may damage the internal circuitry.
- Do not attempt to disassemble the device.
- Use only the charger provided by Hover-1.
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. Please note that changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
FCC INSTRUCTIONS FOR A CLASS B DIGITAL DEVICE OR PERIPHERAL
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
For warranty information, Please visit us at: www.hover-1.com