Husqvarna 40-C80 Standard Battery Charger 80W User Manual
- Battery charger
- Charging LED
- Screw holes for wall assembly
- Power cable
- Screw hole plugs
- Wall plugs
- Operator’s manual
SYMBOLS ON THE PRODUCT
Note: Other symbols/decals on the product refer to certification requirements for some commercial areas.
Warnings, cautions and notes are used to point out specially important parts of the manual.
WARNING: Used if there is a risk of injury or death for the operator or bystanders if the instructions in the manual are not obeyed.
CAUTION: Used if there is a risk of damage to the product, other materials or the adjacent area if the instructions in the manual are not obeyed.
Note: Used to give more information that is necessary in a given situation.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
WARNING: Read all safety warnings and all instructions. Failure to obey the warnings and instructions may result in electrical shock, fire and/or serious injury.
Note: Save all warnings and instructions.
- Only use the battery charger 40-C80 to charge Husqvarna original batteries, refer to TECHNICAL DATA on page 9 for specific batteries. The batteries are software encrypted.
- Do not use non-rechargeable batteries.
- Do not try to disassemble or repair the battery charger.
- Do not connect the battery charger terminals to metal objects.
- Use an approved grounded mains socket that is not damaged.
- Regularly examine that the power cord is not damaged. Immediately disconnect the battery charger if the power cord is damaged.
- If the power cord is damaged replace the power cord.
- Do not lift the battery charger by the power cord. To disconnect the battery charger from a power outlet, pull out the power plug. Do not pull the power cord.
- Keep all cables and extension leads away from water, oil and sharp edges. Make sure that the power cord is not caught between doors, fences or equivalent.
- Do not clean the battery or the battery charger with water.
- Keep the battery charger away from children.
- Do not use a defective or damaged battery charger or battery.
- Do not use the battery charger when there is a risk of lightning.
- Only use the battery charger indoors, such as in a residential location, with an environment of good airflow and correct temperature.
- Keep the battery charger away from sunlight. Do not use the battery charger outdoors or in wet conditions.
- Do not operate the battery charger with wet hands.
- Do not use the battery charger near flammable materials or materials that can cause corrosion. Pull out the power plug to the battery charger if there is smoke or fire.
- Do not put a cover on the battery charger during operation.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
To install the product on the wall
CAUTION: Do not use an electric screwdriver to install the product to the wall. An electric screwdriver can cause damage to the charger.
- Install the product on the wall with the 2 screws.
- Use the battery charger only when the ambient temperature is between 5 °C (41 °F) and 40 °C (104 °F).
To charge the battery
CAUTION: Make sure that the battery, the battery charger and the terminals on the battery are clean and dry. Do not put the battery in the battery charger if it is dirty or wet.
- Connect the battery charger to a power outlet. The charging LED flashes red 1 time and green 1 time.
CAUTION: Only connect the battery charger to a power outlet with the voltage and frequency specified on the rating plate.
- Connect the battery to the battery charger. The charging LED comes on.
- Remove the battery from the battery charger when it is fully charged. Push the battery indicator button for battery status. When all the LED indicators come on, the battery is fully charged.
- Pull the power plug to disconnect the battery charger from the power outlet. Do not pull the power cord.
TRANSPORTATION AND STORAGE
- Safely attach the product during transportation to prevent damage and accidents.
- Keep the product in a locked area to prevent access for children or persons that are not approved.
- Put the product in a dry, frost-free and clean space with correct temperature.
- Put the product in storage where the temperature is between 5 °C (41 °F) and 25 °C (77 °F). Keep the product away from sunlight.
- Keep the battery away from the battery charger during storage.
Husqvarna products are not domestic waste and must only be discarded as given in this manual.
- Obey the local disposal requirements and applicable regulations.
- Recycle the battery charger and package at an applicable disposal location.
- Speak to your local Husqvarna dealer for more information on how to recycle and discard the battery.