iDeaPLAY Portable Scanner WS100 User Manual
Thank you for purchasing the iDeaPlay WS100 Handheld Portable Scanner Wand.
Please read this user manual carefully before using the product.
1. Product Features
- Scanning resolutions: 300/600/900 DPI.
- Directly save JPG or PDF file to microSD card.
- Supports Micro SD card up to 16GB.
- 2x AA alkaline batteries.
- Driver free to download for MS Windows 7/Vista/XP or above and Mac OS10.4 or above (direct plug-in, driver installation not required).
2. Product Accessories
Cleaning Cloth Software CD 1 Meter Charging Cable
Carrying Bag 16GB TF Card 2 x AA Batteries
User Guide Warranty Card
3. Product Overview
|1. Time Set||Press this button to enter time set mode|
|2. USB Port||Port USB 2.0 high Speed|
|3. SD Card||MicroSD Card storage|
|4. Format Button||Press this button to format Micro SD card|
|5. Storage Formats||Choose Storage formats LCD will display JPG/PDF|
|6. Scanning LED Indicator||Scanning ready:LED indicator light is green|
|7. Power / Scanning||Power on/oﬀ: hold down the button for 2 seconds , then open power or shut oﬀ the power
After open the power, push down this button to scan
Then press this button to stop the scanning
|8. Power Source||2 x AA batteries|
High/Mi/Low Resolution Mode Icon will show on the LCD.
|10. LCD||Scanning status display|
|11. Page Alignment Arrow||Keep the document between the two arrows when
4. LCD Screen
|1||SD Card instructions||Photos will be stored in Micro SD card|
|2||Battery indicator||Power adequate
|4||Count index||Display the ﬁle number on Micro SD card|
|5||Resolution choice||High :900DPI/Mi:600DPI/Low:300DPI|
5. How To Use This Scanner
5.1 Insert Batteries
- Slide the battery cover to remove.
- Put 2 AA Alkaline batteries in the battery box.
- Replace the battery cover.
- Press and hold the power/scanning button for 2 seconds to turn on.
5.2 Insert MicroSD Card
Insert the Micro SD card with pins facing upwards into the micro SD card slot until it clicks into place.
Note: You must insert the Micro SD card to record and save images. Do not insert or remove the SD card while the scanner is on
5.3 Time Set
- Press TIME SET button to enter the date/time set mode.
- The LCD will show 1 and a number for the year setting. Press the JPG/PDF & DPI button to adjust the year setting.
- Press SCAN button to confirm and move to the next date/time setting.
- The date and time settings are in the following order
1×× Setting year
2×× Setting month
3×× Setting the date
4×× Setting hours
5×× Setting minutes
5. After all the settings are correct press the TIME SET to exit
5.4 Format The Micro SD Card
- Insert a Micro SD card into the scanner and turn on the scanner.
- Press the Format button. The LCD will show “F”
- Press the power/scanning button to format the Micro SD card.
- The SD card indicator will flash until the Micro SD card has finished formatting.
5.5 Set Resolution
- Press the DPI button to choose between High resolution/Middle resolution/Low resolutions.
- The HI/MI/LO icon will show on the LCD to indicate High/Middle/Low resolution.
5.6 Set Scanning Format
- Press JPG/PDF button to choose between JPG/PDF format.
- JPG/PDF icon will show on the LCD.
5.7 How To Scan
- Turn on the scanner.
- Align the document with the page alignment arrows.
- Hold the scanner, and press the power/scan button to start scanning.
*Note: If the scan LED does not show green check the memory card is inserted correctly and is has at least 15MB of available storage. If the scan LED shows green you can start scanning.
- Moving the scanner slowly over the document.
- Keep your hand steady for better image quality.
- Press power/scan to stop scanning.
6. LED Indicators
7. OCR Software
The handheld scanner comes with Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software.
The OCR software makes it possible to recognize text in scanned documents and images. It then converts it to a searchable and editable format. Please read the
ABBYY FineReader 11 User’s Guide available on the software CD.
You can install the OCR software from the CD-ROM.
- Insert the OCR CD into the CD-ROM drive of your computer.
- The software should run automatically and show the ABBY OCR Fine Reader
If the software does not start automatically, open your file explorer window and double click the icon on the CD-ROM drive.
- Once the software opens a menu will be displayed. Click “Installation of ABBYY FineReader 11” from the menu to install the software.
Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the installation.
|Product Size (LxWxH)||257mmX30mmX24.5mm|
|Product Weight(g)||150g (without batteries)|
|Image Sensor||A4 Color Contact Image Sensor|
|Number of Sensor Elements||5136 dots (1st~5104 dots available)|
|Scanner Photo Size||A4|
|Scanning Speed (A4 size)||High resolution with color ≥10S Medium resolution with color ≥8S Low resolution with color ≥3S|
|Scan Width||21cm (8.27 Inches)|
|Scan Length (The length of scans varies depending on the content complexity)||High resolution: 88.9cm (35 Inches) Medium resolution: 114.3cm (45 Inches) Low resolution: 249cm (98 Inches)|
(Based on 2GB microSD card. Scan A4 size ﬁle, the quantity of scans varies depending on the content complexity )
|900 DPI color: 300pcs/JPG or PDF (Min.) 600 DPI color: 400pcs/JPG or PDF (Min.) 300 DPI color: 1500pcs/JPG or PDF (Min.)|
|Image Resolution||Low resolution : 300×300 dpi(default) Medium resolution: 600×600 dpi; High resolution: 900×900 dpi;|
|Internal Flash Memory||SPI Flash|
|External Memory Card||Micro SD card (TF Card) up to 16GB|
|File Format||JPG(default) / PDF|
|Display Panel||Status TN|
|Auto Power Oﬀ||3 Minute|
|USB Port||USB 2.0 high Speed|
|Power Source||2 x AA Battery (included)|
|Support System||Driver free to download for Windows XP/Vista,7 and MAC10.4 or above|
|Battery Life||≥200 piece (A4 paper default: Low resolution with color)|
9. Minimum Requirement of PC System
|Operation System||Windows XP/Vista, 7 MAC10.4 or above|
|CPU||Pentium Ⅲ or above|
|RAM||At least 256MB|
|CD ROM||4x speed CD ROM or above|
|Cannot turn on the scanner.||1. Low battery power.
2. Battery not inserted
|Replace or install the battery correctly.|
|Pictures cannot be saved when you are scanning.||1.Micro SD card has not been installed.
2. Memory is full.
3.The micro SD card has not been formatted properly.
|1. Install microSD card.
2.Download the pictures from the scanner to the computer to create storage space.
3. Reformat your micro SD card.
|Computer does not recognize our scanner when connected.
(You cannot ﬁnd
|Connection failure.||Make sure all cable connections
Restart the computer if necessary.
|The battery life is very short.||Use wrong type of Battery.||Replace with new 2x AA alkaline
|Blurry images.||The scanner lens is dirty.||Clean the lens with soft dry cloth.|
|ERR. LED is on when scanning a document.||Scanning speed is too
|Press the Power/Scan button to
reset your scan.
Scan the document again.
11. Customer Support
For any support or comments concerning our products, please send an email to:
Toll-Free NO: 1-866-886-6878
Address: 13620 Benson Ave. Suite B, Chino, CA 91710
12. FCC Statement
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Warning: changes or modifications to this unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to
provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by tuning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures: Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna. Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver. Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
Read More About This Manual & Download PDF:
- iDeaPLAY eBike, Projectors, Digital Photo Frames & more | iDeaUSA.com – ideaelectronics American Express Apple Pay Diners Club Discover Elo Google Pay JCB Mastercard PayPal Shop Pay Venmo Visa