ifi II Gemini 3.0 Instructions
- USB ‘A’ Audio( ) connector
This transmits the USB audio data. Connect it to a USB port on the computer.
- USB ‘A’ Power() connector
This transmits the USB power. Connect it to a USB port on the computer.
Tip: For maximum performance, use with the iUSB3.0; connect the Audio connector( ) to the USB output port labelled ‘ + ‘ ; connect the Power connector () to the USB output port labelled ‘‘.
- USB ’B’ connector
Connect this to the input of the USB DAC/Sound card/Interface card etc.
Tip: The Gemini3.0 USB cable uses the iFi FINAL USB connector. Made of aluminium alloy, the additional shielding and rigidity has taken USB cable design to a whole new level that adheres rigidly to the 90 ohms impedance requirement.
- RF Silencers – Fixed
All USB cables, due to their inherent nature, inevitably pickup AND radiate radio frequencies that negatively impact the sonic performance.
To address this, there are three sets of RF Silencers on the Gemini3.0 Dual-Headed USB cable.The two Silencers at each end are most effective when located as close to the respective USB connector as possible.
Note: The custom-designed metal oxide ceramic RF Silencers offer different permeabilities. Compared to generic filters this atypical approach is incredibly effective; over the widest frequency range
- Centre RF Silencer
Feel free to adjust this third RF Silencer by sliding it along the cable as different setups may require different adjustments to attain the optimal sonic performance .
Tip: To start with, set the three RF Silencers to the ‘Golden Ratio’, with the shorter section closer to the USB ‘B’ connector (item 3 above).
- Construction: Minimu inductance parallel construction
- Conductors: 24 and 28AWG
- Conductor material: Heavy OFHC continuous cast copper silver matrix
- Insulation: HD Polyethylene
- Shielding: Quadruple-shields
- Impedance: 90Ohms
- AC spark insulation : 1500V
- Connectors: iFi ‘FINAL’ USB connectors
- Insulation resistance: 100Mohm
- Tensile strength: 1500PSI
- Construction: Minimum inductance parallel construction
- Conductors: 12AWG
- Conductor material: Heavy OFHC continuous cast copper
- Insulation: Linear Polyethelyne (LPE) insulation
- Current Rating: 30A
0.7m / 150g (0.33 lbs)
1.5m / 170g (0.37 lbs)
- Warranty period: 12months
In order to activate the warranty for this iFi product, you must register with the iFi website.
Serial no: _______________________________
Terms & Conditions
iFi guarantees that this iFi product shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 1 year for parts and labour.
The warranty period begins at the date of retail sale by an authorized iFi distributor/dealer and is subject to the following requirements and understandings:
- It is the responsibility of the buyer within 30 days from the original sale, to register and activate the product warranty with the iFi website.
- The original invoice must be produced for authentication prior to any warranty claim.
- The iFi product must not have been modified in any manner whatsoever, or the warranty will immediately become void.
- The iFi warranty is only valid in the country of original sale.
- The product must not have been stored in a humid environment; nor subjected to weather, water, or saltwater spray.
- iFi shall not, under any circumstances, be liable for any incidental or consequential damages arising from the loss of property or other damage or losses due to the failure of an iFi product. iFi is not liable for loss of use or inconvenience caused by the failure of an iFi product. iFi is not liable for damage caused to other audio components because of the failure of an iFi product.
- During the warranty period, iFi will repair the product to working order, or, at iFi’s option, replace the defective module with a similar available product.
- All repairs performed after expiry of the warranty period will be charged to the owner and will carry a 180-day warranty on parts and labour. The customer is responsible for shipping the unit to the iFi distributor in the original packaging. This includes the payment of any shipping charges and related taxes.
- Should any warranty issues arise, the decision of iFi is full and final.