iHome iBT295 Power clock Glow Bluetooth Speaker + USB Charging
Connecting the Unit
- Remove the battery pull tab from the bottom of the unit before use.
- Connect the included AC adapter to the DC jack located on the back of the unit, and connect the other end to a working wall outlet.
Setting Your Clock
- Press and hold the Time Set Button until the display flashes.
- Press the - or + Buttons to adjust selections and tap Time Set to confirm (make sure you set the correct AM/PM time).
- Do this for time, year, month and date.
- All done!
Daylight Savings Time:
By default, the DST Switch on the bottom of the unit is set to Auto and will automatically adjust the time in March and November.
Connecting to Bluetooth
- Press the Power Button.
- Press and hold the Play/Bluetooth Pairing Button until the display flashes.
- Select `iHome iBT295′ from your Bluetooth device’s menu to connect.
Setting A Sound Alarm
- Press and hold the Sound Alarm Button for 2 seconds until the alarm time display and alarm icon flash. A beep sounds.
- Press the – or + Buttons to adjust the alarm time to the desired time (hold for rapid setting). Make sure you set the correct AM/PM alarm time. The PM indicator appears to the left of the display.
- Press the Sound Alarm Button to confirm the alarm time setting. The alarm schedule will flash: 7 (every day), 5 (weekdays) or 2 (weekend only). Press the or + Buttons to select the desired alarm schedule.
- Press the Sound Alarm Button to confirm the alarm schedule. The wake-to source will flash.
- Press the or + Buttons to select a wake-to alarm source: Bluetooth, FM Radio, or Tone:
Wake to Bluetooth: Press the Sound Alarm Button to confirm.
Wake to FM Radio: Press the Sound Alarm Button to confirm. Press the or + Buttons or the FM Presets Buttons to select the desired FM frequency to wake to.
Wake to Tone: Press the Sound Alarm Button to confirm. Press the or + Buttons to select a tone (T1-T4).
- Press the Sound Alarm Button to confirm wake-to source. The alarm volume will flash.
- Press the or + Buttons to adjust the alarm volume.
- Press the Sound Alarm Button to confirm alarm volume and exit alarm setting mode. 2 beeps will confirm alarm setting is complete. The alarm icon on the display indicates alarm is armed.
Setting A Light Alarm
- Press and hold the Light Alarm Button for 2 seconds until the alarm time display and alarm icon flash. A beep sounds.
- Press the or + Buttons to adjust the alarm time to the desired time (hold for rapid setting). Make sure you set the correct AM/PM alarm time. The PM indicator appears to the left of the display.
- Press the Light Alarm Button to confirm the alarm time setting. The alarm schedule will flash: 7 (every day), 5 (weekdays) or 2 (weekend only). Press the or + Buttons to select the desired alarm schedule.
- Press the Light Alarm Button to confirm the alarm schedule. The wake-to source will flash.
- Press or + Buttons to select a wake-to light mode: Dawn, Fade, Fast, Stop, Beat, Sky, or Nite.
- Press the Light Alarm Button to confirm alarm settings and exit alarm setting mode. 2 beeps will confirm alarm setting is complete. The alarm icon on the display indicates alarm is armed.
Previewing the Alarm
Press and release the Light Alarm Button or Sound Alarm Button to view the current alarm settings.
Turning the Alarm On/Off
- Press and release the corresponding Alarm Button (Light or Sound) twice within 5 seconds to toggle the alarm ON and OFF, indicated by the related white alarm indicator.
- When the alarm sounds, press the corresponding Alarm Button (Light or Sound) or the Power Button to disable the alarm and reset it to come on at the same time the next day.
Snooze: When the alarm is sounding, press the Snooze/Dimmer Button to snooze for 9 minutes.
Dimmer: Press the Snooze/Dimmer Button (when alarm is NOT sounding) to adjust display brightness.
Programmable Snooze and Dimmer
Adjust the snooze duration and set a schedule for your clock backlight to automatically dim and brighten at certain times of the day.
- Press and hold the Snooze/Dimmer Button until the display starts to flash.
- Use the + or – Buttons to adjust the snooze duration from 1-29 minutes. Press the Snooze/Dimmer Button again to confirm.
Now it’s time to set the display dimmer schedule:
- Use the + or – Buttons to set the AUTO dimmer to ON or OFF. Press Snooze/Dimmer Button to confirm. (Note: Choosing OFF will simply exit the setting.)
- Use the + or – Buttons to choose the BRIGHTNESS level for daytime hours. Press Snooze/Dimmer Button again to confirm.
- Use the +/- Buttons to set the TIME you want the daytime dimmer to take effect.
Press Snooze/Dimmer Button again to confirm.
- Use the +/- Buttons to choose the BRIGHTNESS level for nighttime hours. Press Snooze/Dimmer Button again to confirm.
- Use the +/- Buttons to set the TIME you want the nighttime dimmer to take effect.
Press Snooze/Dimmer Button again to confirm.
- Done! The icon will appear on the display when Dimmer Schedule is active.
To set a sleep timer:
- Press the Sleep Button as needed to cycle to the desired sleep timer duration: 120, 90, 60, 30, 15 minutes, or OFF.
- Press and release the Sleep Button during Sleep Mode to review the remaining sleep time.
Using Light Modes
Press the Light Mode Button repeatedly to cycle through 6 different modes:
Use DIM Buttons to adjust the brightness.
- Beat Light Mode will pulse to music only when the unit is in Bluetooth mode.
FM Radio + Presets
Extend the radio antenna for best reception. Press a FM Preset Button (1-4) to turn on the radio and use the or + Buttons to select a frequency.
The unit allows you to store up to 4 FM radio station presets.
- Press the or + Buttons to tune the radio to the desired station (hold to scan for the next clear station).
- Press and hold a FM Preset Button (1-4). 2 beeps will sound to confirm the preset has been assigned. Repeat steps 1-2 until you have set up to 4 preset stations.
- Press an FM Preset Button (1-4) to listen to a preset FM station at any time.
Charging Devices Via USB Port
- Connect the standard size end of a USB cable (not included) to the USB port on the back of the unit and connect the other end to the charging port on your device.
- Monitor the charging on your device. Some devices use a proprietary charging method and will not charge using the USB port. If this happens, you must charge your device using the charger that came with it. Note: Unit must be plugged into working outlet in order to charge devices.
Note: Unit must be plugged into working outlet in order to charge devices
The unit uses a CR-2450 back-up battery to provide continuous alarm operation and clock settings in the event of a temporary power failure. Remove the battery pull tab before use. When the battery icon on the clock display is flashing, it is time to replace the back-up battery. The battery compartment is located on the bottom of the unit.
- Make sure the AC adapter is connected, or you will lose your time and alarm settings during battery replacement.
- Use a Phillips screwdriver to open the battery compartment door.
- Insert a fresh CR-2450 battery, checking that the polarity match the markings on the unit. Replace the compartment door. Do not overtighten.
- Do not ingest the battery, Chemical Burn Hazard. This product contains a coin/button cell battery. If the coin/button cell battery is swallowed, it can cause severe internal burns in just 2 hours and can lead to death.
- Keep new and used batteries away from children. If the battery compartment does not close securely, stop using the product and keep it away from children. If you think batteries might have been swallowed or placed inside any part of the body, seek immediate medical attention.”
- CAUTION – RISK OF EXPLOSION IF BATTERY IS REPLACED BY AN INCORRECT TYPE. DISPOSE OF USED BATTERIES ACCORDING TO THE INSTRUCTIONS.
- Place the unit on a level surface away from sources of direct sunlight or excessive heat.
- Remove the plastic protective film from the clock display.
- Protect your furniture when placing your unit on a natural wood and lacquered finish. A cloth or other protective material should be placed between it and the furniture.
- Clean your unit with a soft cloth moistened only with mild soap and water. Stronger cleaning agents such as thinner or similar materials can damage the surface of the unit.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Please heed all warnings, read and follow all instructions and keep these instructions handy for future reference.
- Do not use this product near water, and clean only with dry cloth.
- Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Heat This product should be situated away from heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves or other appliances (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
- Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- Unplug this product during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
- Damage Requiring Service This product should be serviced by qualified service personnel when:
– Plug has been damaged.
– Objects have fallen into or liquid has been spilled into the enclosure.
– The unit has been exposed to rain. The unit has been dropped or the enclosure damaged.
– The unit exhibits a marked change in performance or does not operate normally.
- No naked flame sources, such as lighted candles, should be placed on this product.
- Attention should be drawn to the environmental aspects of battery disposal.
- This product is suitable for use in tropical and/or moderate climates.
- WARNING: To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this product to rain or moisture.
- Do not dispose of batteries in the household trash or fire.
- The mains plug of power adaptor is used as the disconnect device, it shall remain readily operable.
This equipment complies with FCC RF radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules, operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
- Warning: Changes or modifications to this unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
- NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules.
These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
This equipment should be installed and operated with minimum distance 20cm between the radiator & your body.
This equipment complies with IC RSS-102 radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. This device contains licence-exempt transmitter(s)/receiver(s) that comply with Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada’s licence-exempt RSS(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause interference. (2) This device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device. The device meets the exemption from the routine evaluation limits in section 2.5 of RSS 102 and compliance with RSS-102 RF exposure, users can obtain Canadian information on RF exposure and compliance. This equipment should be installed and operated with a minimum distance of 20 cm between the radiator and your body. Any Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
CAN ICES-3 (B) / NMB-3(B)
ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
iHome Products, a division of SDI Technologies Inc. (hereafter referred to as SDI), warrants this product to be free from defects in workmanship and materials, under normal use and conditions, for a period of 90 days from the date of original purchase. Should this product fail to function in a satisfactory manner, it is best to first return it to the store where it was originally purchased. Should this fail to resolve the matter and service still be required by reason of any defect or malfunction during the warranty period, SDI will repair or, at its discretion, replace this product without charge. This decision is subject to verification of the defect or malfunction upon delivery of this product to the Factory Service Center authorized by Customer Service.
If service is required, please contact Customer Service at ihomeaudio.com/support/contact to obtain a Return Authorization Number and shipping instructions. A copy of the sales receipt is required to validate in-warranty coverage. If proof of purchase cannot be produced, the product will be deemed out-of-warranty. The date of purchase, vendor, product model number, and purchase price must be legible and verifiable.
Disclaimer of Warranty
NOTE: This warranty is valid only if the product is used for the purpose for which it was designed. It does not cover (i) products which have been damaged by negligence or willful actions, misuse or accident, or which have been modified or repaired by unauthorized persons; (ii) cracked or broken cabinets, or units damaged by excessive heat; (iii) damage to digital media players, CD’s or tape cassettes (if applicable); (iv) the cost of shipping this product to the Factory Service Center and its return to the owner. This warranty is valid only in the United States of America and does not extend to owners of the product other than to the original purchaser. In no event will SDI or any of its a liates, contractors, resellers, their officers, directors, shareholders, members or agents be liable to you or any third party for any consequential or incidental damages, any lost profits, actual, exemplary or punitive damages.
(Some states do not allow limitations on implied warranties or exclusion of consequential damages, so these restrictions may not apply to you.) This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. Your acknowledgment and agreement to fully and completely abide by the above mentioned disclaimer of warranty is contractually binding to you upon your transfer of currency (money order, cashier’s check, or credit card) for purchase of your SDI product.
© 2020 SDI Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. Questions? Visit www.ihome.com