iHome iBT371 Waterproof Floatable Wireless Speaker Quick Start Guide
In the Box » iBT371 speaker » charging cable » carry strap
LED Status Indicator
Quick Flashing red = low battery
Flashing red = charging
Solid red = fully charged
Flashing blue = pairing
BLUETOOTH: PAIRING & PLAYING
Pairing the First Time
» Make your Bluetooth device “discoverable”
» Press and hold Power Button for 2 seconds to turn speaker ON.
» The first time the unit is powered on it will enter auto-pairing mode.
» Select “iHome iBT371m” on your device’s Bluetooth menu to complete pairing.
» To manually pair, power ON then press and hold Pairing Button for 2 seconds.
» Press the Play/Pause Button to play/pause music.
COLOR CHANGING MODES
» Press the Color Mode Button to cycle through modes
» The speaker must be on and connected with a paired Bluetooth device to receive calls.
» When a call is received, playing music is muted to hear the ring tone. Press the Pairing/ Speakerphone Button to answer call. For call waiting function, use phone controls on your device.
» Press the Pairing/Speakerphone Button again to end call and resume previous function.
» For waterproof operation, ensure the waterproof cover on side of unit is pressed completely flush with the unit.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT WATERPROOF OPERATION
- The unit is IP67 waterproof rated, meaning it is immersible for up to 30 minutes at a depth of 1 meter (3 feet). It will typically withstand rain, snow and being submersed in shallow water. Longer duration or deeper immersion that exceeds the tested limits may cause product failure and void the warranty.
- DO NOT immerse the unit in water for extended periods.
- DO NOT immerse the unit in water deeper than 1 meter (about 3 feet).
- Make sure cover and surrounding surfaces are completely dry before opening cover to prevent moisture from damaging the internal electronics.
- Keep rubber cover free of dirt, sand, or other objects that can interfere with proper sealing. If for any reason the waterproof cover is not making a tight waterproof seal water may enter the unit.
- Rinse with tap water after immersion in salt water or swimming pool.
- DO NOT clean unit with oily soaps or use chemicals or solvents. Clean with damp cloth.
This product bears the selective sorting symbol for waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE).
This means that this product must be handled pursuant to European Directive 2012/19/EU in order to be recycled or dismantled to minimize its impact on the environment.
For further information, please contact your local or regional authorities.
Electronic products not included in the selective sorting process are potentially dangerous for the environment and human health due to the presence of hazardous substances.
Internal Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery
This device uses an internal non-replaceable rechargeable lithium-ion battery that should last the lifetime of the device. If you suspect your battery may be dead, try charging it for an extended period of time and try resetting the unit. If this fails, contact Customer Service at 1-800-288-2792.
WARNING/DISPOSAL OF UNIT
Do NOT attempt to change the battery. Doing so will void the warranty and could cause injury and damage to your device. To dispose of the unit, follow the instructions below:
- Never dispose of used batteries/electronics with ordinary solid wastes, since they contain toxic substances.
- Always dispose of used batteries/electronics in accordance with the prevailing community regulations.
- Many electronics retailers now recycle batteries and other electronic components at no charge
GENERAL BATTERY PRECAUTIONS
- Never use or charge a battery if it appears to be leaking, discolored, deformed, or in any way abnormal.
- Never disassemble the unit or attempt to remove battery as that could cause leakage of alkaline solution or other electrolytic substances.
- Avoid charging a rechargeable battery when the temperature is not within 5°C – 35° C (41° – 95° Fahrenheit).
- Never expose a battery to any liquid.
- Never expose a battery to excessive heat such as direct sunlight or fire. Never use a battery pack in an unventilated vehicle where excessive internal temperatures may be encountered.
- Always keep batteries out of the reach of infants and small children.