Translated from the original instructions.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using electrical furnishing, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
Read all instructions before using the product.
To reduce the risk of electric shock: Always unplug this furnishing from the electrical outlet before cleaning or servicing
Risk of electric shock, fire, and injury. Review the assembly instruction to confirm that the appropriate critical components and accessories are being used with the furnishing.
- Unplug from outlet before putting on or taking off parts.
- Close supervision is necessary when this furnishing is used by, or near children, invalids, or disabled persons.
Risk of injury – Keep children away from extended foot support (or other similar parts).
- Use this furnishing only for its intended use as described in these instructions. Do not use attachments not recommended by the manufacturer.
- Never operate this furnishing if it has a damaged cord or plug if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return the furnishing to a service center for examination and repair.
- Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- The table must not be overloaded maximum load is 70kg/154lbs
This appliance can be used by children aged 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved.
Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
Advice and instructions for BEKANT sit/stand desk.
Sound level: lower than 55 dB(A)
Height setting interval:
EU-version: 64-125 cm
NA-version: 57,4-122,4 cm/22,6-48,2 inch
Maximum load: 70 kg/154 lbs
Temperature interval at usage: +5 up to +40°C / 41 up to 104°F
Temperature interval at storage: -10 up to +50°C / 14 up to 122°F
Humidity: 20% up to 80% at +30°C / 86°F.
Power supply unit: DC 25-35V, 240W 100-240VAC, 4A/2A
Manufacturer: ROL ERGO
Duty Cycle: 1 min on / 9 min off.
This appliance shall only be used together with the included power supply unit.
Every person who is responsible for this table at installation or employment of the table in daily use or in service and repair work should carefully read these instructions. Keep these instructions close to your sit/stand table.
- The table is assembled according to separate assembly instructions.
- Connect the cable from one leg to the other. Connect the hand control to one of the legs and the power supply to the other leg. The cables to the legs, hand control, and power supply should be placed in the accompanying net. Place the electrical cables so that they do not get damaged, see assembly instruction.
- Connect the electrical cable to a wall socket.
NB! The electrical cable must have full mobility.
- Insert the safety key in the socket on the hand control.
- The table is now ready for use. The motors stop automatically when the table reaches its lowest and highest position respectively.
Usage of the table
- The table shall only be used as a working table with the possibility to continuously adjust the working height between sitting and standing positions. The table shall only be used indoors and in dry premises (office environment or similar).
- The table must not be overloaded – the maximum load is 70 kg/154 lbs. The motors may be run continuously for a maximum of 1 minute. Afterward, the motors must stand by for approx. 9 minutes before they can be used again.
Follow these instructions when adjusting table height:
- Insert the safety key in the socket on the hand control.
- Make sure no objects are in the way of the table adjusting height freely.
- In order to run the table up/down, press the maneuver button with an arrow pointing up and down respectively.
- When the table is run up/down, keep the necessary safety distance to avoid the risk to get squeezed between the moving tabletop and fixed objects in the surrounding area.
- When the table is run up/down the user shall keep watch so that nobody is injured or no object is damaged. The tabletop must not bump into a fixed object so that the table is overturned. Always remove any office chair before the table is run up/down.
- When the table is left unattended, the safety key must be removed from the hand control and placed out of reach of children.
- The table tripod must not be altered or reconstructed in any way. In service and repair work of the table, the electrical cable must always be disconnected from the wall socket.
- Alterations to the control box are absolutely forbidden!
- The table must not be used as a hoisting device for persons.
Maintenance and repair instructions
- After approx. 1 week of use, check that the screws are properly tightened.
- If the table cannot be lowered or raised, check the connections between the legs and the wall socket and be sure the safety key is inserted in the hand control.
- If any part of the electrical system is replaced, the electrical cable must first be disconnected from the wall socket. Replace the electrical part and then connect the electrical cable to the wall socket. The table is now ready for use.
If the table still does not work, please contact your nearest IKEA store or customer service.
Manufacturer: IKEA of Sweden AB
Address: Box 702, SE-343 81 ÄLMHULT
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
SERVICING OF DOUBLE-INSULATED PRODUCTS.
In a double-insulated product, two systems of insulation are provided instead of grounding. No grounding means is provided on a double-insulated product, nor is a means for grounding to be added to the product.
Servicing a double-insulated product requires extreme care and knowledge of the system, and is to be done only by qualified service personnel. Replacement parts for a double-insulated product must be identical to the parts they replace. A double-insulated product is marked with the words, “DOUBLE-INSULATION” or ” DOUBLE
The symbol (square within a square) is also able to be marked on the product.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules.
This device contains license-exempt transmitter(s)/receiver(s) that comply with Innovation Science and Economic Development Canada’s license-exempt RSS standard(s).
Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- this device may not cause harmful interference, and
- this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
Any changes or modifications to this unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation.
This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
The crossed-out wheeled bin symbol indicates that the item should be disposed of separately from household waste. The item should be handed in for recycling in accordance with local environmental regulations for waste disposal. By separating a marked item from household waste, you will help reduce the volume of waste sent to incinerators or land-fill and minimize any potential negative impact on human health and the environment. For more information, please contact your IKEA store.
© Inter IKEA Systems B.V. 2021