Please refer to the last page of this manual for the full list of IKEA appointed Authorized Service Centre and relative national phone numbers.
For your safety and correct operation of the appliance, read this manual carefully before installation and use. Always keep these instructions with the appliance even if you move or sell it. Users must fully know the operation and safety features of the appliance.
The wire connection has to be done by a specialized technician.
- The manufacturer will not be held liable for any damages resulting from incorrect or improper installation.
- The minimum safety distance between the cooker top and the extractor hood is: for electrical hob 500mm and for gas hob 650mm.
- If the instructions for installation for the gas hob specify a greater distance, this must be respected.
- Check that the mains voltage corresponds to that indicated on the rating plate fixed to the inside of the hood.
- Means for disconnection must be incorporated in the fixed wiring in accordance with the wiring rules.
- For Class I appliances, check that the domestic power supply guarantees adequate earthing.
- Connect the extractor to the exhaust flue through a pipe of a minimum diameter of 120 mm. The route of the flue must be as short as possible.
- Do not connect the extractor hood to exhaust ducts carrying combustion fumes (boilers, fireplaces, etc.).
- If the extractor is used in conjunction with non-electrical appliances (e.g. gas burning appliances), a sufficient degree of aeration must be guaranteed in the room in order to prevent the backflow of exhaust gas. When the cooker hood is used in conjunction with appliances supplied with energy other than electricity, the negative pressure in the room must not exceed 0,04 bar to prevent fumes from being drawn back into the room by the cooker hood.
- The air must not be discharged into a flue that is used for exhausting fumes from appliances burning gas or other fuels.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer or its service agent.
- Connect the plug to a socket complying with current regulations, located in an accessible place.
- With regards to the technical and safety measures to be adopted for fume discharging it is important to closely follow the regulations provided by the local authorities.
WARNING: Before installing the Hood, remove the protective films.
- Use only screws and small parts in support of the hood.
WARNING: Failure to install the screws or fixing the device in accordance with these instructions may result in electrical hazards.
- Connect the hood to the power net by using a bipolar switch having a contact gap of at least 3 mm.
- Do not look directly at the light through optical devices (binoculars, magnifying glasses…).
- Do not flambè under the range hood; risk of fire.
- This appliance can be used by children aged 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- The appliance is not to be used by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental
capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction. Accessible parts may become hot when used with cooking appliances.
- Clean and/or replace the Filters after the specified time period (Fire hazard).
- There shall be adequate ventilation of the room when the range hood is used at the same time as appliances burning gas or other fuels (not applicable to appliances that only discharge the air back into the room).
- Use only with self-shielded tungsten halogen lamps or self-shielded metal halide lamps.
- Replace any cracked shield.
- Switch off or unplug the appliance from the mains supply before carrying out any maintenance work.
- The top of the hood must not to be used as a shelf.
- The extractor hood has been designed exclusively for domestic use to eliminate kitchen smells.
- Never use the hood for purposes other than for which it has been designed.
- Never leave high naked flames under the hood when it is in operation.
- Adjust the flame intensity to direct it onto the bottom of the pan only, making sure that it does not engulf the sides.
Deep fat fryers must be continuously monitored during use: overheated oil can burst into flames. min 471 mm max 861 mm min 569 mm max 861 mm .
The hood has been designed to be installed and used either as a “Exhaust mode”, or as a “Recirculation mode”.
Exhaust mode (see the symbol min 471 mm max 861 mm in installation booklet)
Cooking steam is sucked and channeled outside the house through a discharge duct (not supplied), fitted to the hood steam outlet. Ensure that the discharge duct is correctly fitted to the air outlet, unit using an appropriate connection system.
Recirculation mode (see symbolin installation booklet)
The air is filtered through one or more charcoal filters and then resent into the room.
Important: Ensure appropriate air circulation around the hood.
Important: If the hood is supplied without charcoal filters and installed on recirculation mode, these must be fitted before the hood can be used. Filters are available in shops. The hood should be installed away from articularly dirty areas, windows, doors and heat sources. The accessories for wall fixing are not included because walls made of different materials require different types of fixing accessories. Use fixing systems suitable for the walls of your home and the weight of the appliance. For more details, contact a specialized dealer. Keep this booklet for future consultation.
- Upper Chimney
- Lower Chimney
- Hood body
- Grease filters
- Control Panel
|Lights||To turn the lights on, press the dial and release it so that it pops out of its housing. To turn the lights off, push the dial back inwards, returning it to the off position.|
|Press the dial and release it so that it pops out of its housing, then turn the dial to select one of the available suction speeds.|
• Switch ON the hood at minimum speed when you start cooking and keep it running for few minutes after cooking is finished.
• Increase the speed only in case of a large amount of smoke and vapor and use boost speed(s) only in extreme situations.
• Replace the charcoal filter(s) when necessary to maintain a good odor reduction efficiency.
• Clean the grease filter(s) when necessary to maintain a good grease filter efficiency.
• Use the maximum diameter of the ducting system indicated in this manual to optimize efficiency and minimize noise.
Care and cleaning
Switch off or unplug the appliance from the mains supply before carrying out any maintenance work.
IMPORTANT Clean the hood using a damp cloth and a neutral liquid detergent.
Long Life Charcoal FilterThe anti-odour ﬁlter can be washed and regenerated every 3-4 months (or more frequently if the hood is subject to intensive use), up to a max. of 8 regeneration cycles (in case of particularly intensive use it is recommended that you do not exceed 5 cycles).
- Wash in the dishwasher at a MAX temperature of 70° or hand wash in hot water without using abrasive sponges (do not use detergents!).
- Dry in the oven at a MAX temperature of 70° for 2 hours (it is recommended to read carefully the user manual and the assembly instruction of the oven of your own).
Clean or replace the filters continuously according to the below time intervals, to maintain good performance of the hood and to prevent a potential fire hazard, caused by excessive grease build-up. The grease filters must be cleaned every 2 months of operation, or more frequently for particularly heavy usage, and can be washed in a dishwasher.
Replacing the lamps
Unscrew the bulbs, by using safety gloves, and replace them with new ones having the same characteristics 4W (Connection type: E14).
|Lamp||Power (W)||Socket||Voltage (V)||Dimension||ILOCOS Code|
|4||E14||220-240||107 x 37||DRBB/F-4-220-
What to do if…
If there is a fault, first try to find a solution to the problem yourself. If you can not find a solution to the problem yourself, contact an authorized service center.
If you operated the appliance wrongly, or the installation was not carried out according to the Assembly instructions, the visit from the Authorized Service Centre technician may not take place free of charge, even during the warranty period.
|Appliance not stable||The appliance is not correctly installed||Follow the Installation instruction enclosed to the appliance.|
|Appliance is not in a horizontal position||The appliance is not correctly installed||Follow the Installation instruction enclosed to the appliance.|
|Performance in terms of oil capture are not satisfying||Oil and grease on metal filters or charcoal filters.||Follow the cleaning frequency as described in the user manual|
|Appliance does not work||The appliance is not correctly connected||Verify that the main cable is connected to the motor group or the plug is connected to the socket|
|The light does not work||The LED is broken||You can replace the lamp without contact the Authorized Service Centre.|
|Noise of the hood is higher than customer expectations.||The air outlet diameter in the wall is too small, causing a pressure drop and an increase in motor speed.||Follow the Installation instruction enclosed to the appliance.|
|Product is installed in recirculation mode.||Product in recirculation mode(and using a charcoal filter) will generate a higher noise than a product in extraction mode.|
|More than one bend in the ventilation duct.||If the exhaust system in the building has multiple bends in or a long distance, this can increase the noise of the product.|
Before contacting the Authorized Service Centre:
Switch the appliance on again to see if the problem has disappeared. If not, switch it off again and repeat the operation after an hour. If your appliance still does not work properly after carrying out the checks listed in the troubleshooting guide and switching the appliance on again, contact the Authorized Service Centre, clearly explaining the problem and specifying:
- the type of fault;
- the model;
- he types and a serial number of the appliance (given on the rating late).
|Product Type||Wall-mounted hood|
|Exhaust Height min/max||mm||630/995|
|Recirculating Height min/max||mm||715/995|
|Airflow max* – Exhaust||m3/h||400|
|Noise max* – Exhaust||dBA||66|
|Airflow max* – Recirculating||m3/h||190|
|Noise max* – Recirculating||dBA||71|
|Lamps info||Type||LED Bulb|
|Number & Power||2 x 4W|
|Installation minimum height – gas hob||mm||650|
|Installation minimum height – elec hob||mm||500|
* Maximum speed (boost excluded).
This appliance has been designed, manufactured, and marketed in compliance with the E.E.C. Directives.
The technical information is situated in the rating plate on the internal side of the appliance.
|Product Information according to EU n°66/ 2014||Unit||Value|
|Annual Energy Consumption||kWh/a||41,0|
|Time increase factor||1,3|
|Fluid Dynamic Efficiency||18,2|
|Energy Efficiency Index||67,9|
|Measured air flow rate at best efficiency point||m3/h||223,0|
|Measured air pressure at best efficiency point||Pa||217|
|Measured electric power input at best efficiency point||W||74,0|
|Nominal power of the lighting system||W||8,0|
|Average illumination of the lighting system on the cooking surface||lux||145|
|Measured power consumption in standby mode||W||N/A|
|Measured power consumption off mode||W||0,00|
|Sound power level at maximum speed (boost excluded)||dBA||66|
The appliance contains features that help you save energy during everyday cooking.
- The symbol on the product or on its packaging indicates that this product may not be treated as household waste. Instead, it shall be handed over to the applicable collection point for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment. By ensuring this product is disposed of correctly, you will help prevent potential negative consequences for the environment and human health, which could otherwise be caused by inappropriate waste handling of this product. For more detailed information about recycling of this
product, please contact your local city office, your household waste disposal service, or the shop where you purchased the product.
The materials with the symbol are recyclable. Dispose of the packaging in suitable collection containers to recycle
How long is the IKEA guarantee valid?
This guarantee is valid for five (5) years from the original date of purchase of Your appliance at IKEA. The original sales receipt is required as proof of purchase. If service work is carried out under guarantee, this will not extend the guarantee period for the appliance.
Who will execute the service?
IKEA service provider will provide the service through its own service operations or authorized service partner network.
What does this guarantee cover?
The guarantee covers faults of the appliance, which have been caused by faulty construction or material faults from the date of purchase from IKEA. This guarantee applies to domestic use only. The exceptions are specified under the headline “What is not covered under this guarantee?” Within the guarantee period, the costs to remedy the fault e.g. repairs, parts, labor, and travel will be covered, provided that the appliance is accessible for repair without special expenditure. On these conditions the EU guidelines (Nr. 99/44/EG) and the respective local regulations are applicable. Replaced parts become the property of IKEA.
What will IKEA do to correct the problem?
IKEA appointed service provider will examine the product and decide, at its sole discretion, if it is covered under this guarantee. If considered covered, the IKEA service provider or its authorized service partner through its own service operations, will then, at its sole discretion, either repair the defective product or replace it with the same or a comparable product.
What is not covered under this guarantee?
- Normal wear and tear.
- Deliberate or negligent damage, damage caused by failure to observe operating instructions, incorrect installation or by connection to the wrong voltage, damage caused by a chemical or electrochemical reaction, rust, corrosion or water damage including but not limited to damage caused by excessive lime in the water supply, damage caused by abnormal environmental conditions.
- Consumable parts including batteries and lamps.
- Non-functional and decorative parts which do not affect the normal use of the appliance, including any scratches and possible color differences.
- Accidental damage caused by foreign objects or substances and cleaning or unblocking of filters, drainage systems or soap drawers.
- Damage to the following parts: ceramic glass, accessories, crockery and cutlery baskets, feed and drainage pipes, seals, lamps and lamp covers, screens, knobs, casings, and parts of casings. Unless such damages can be proved to have been caused by production faults.
- Cases where no fault could be found during a technician’s visit.
- Repairs not carried out by our appointed service providers and/or an authorized service contractual partner or where non-original parts have been used.
- Repairs caused by installation which is faulty or not according to specification.
- The use of the appliance in a non-domestic environment i.e. professional use.
- Transportation damages. If a customer transports the product to their home or other address, IKEA is not liable for any damage that may occur during transport. However, if IKEA delivers the product to the customer’s delivery address, then damage to the product that occurs during this delivery will be covered by this guarantee.
- Cost for carrying out the initial installation of the IKEA appliance. However, if an IKEA service provider or its authorized service partner repairs or replaces the appliance under the terms of this guarantee, the service provider or its authorized service partner will reinstall the repaired appliance or install the replacement, if necessary. This restriction do not apply to fault-free work carried out by a qualified specialist using our original arts in order to adapt the appliance to the technical safety specifications of another EU country.
How country law applies
The IKEA guarantee gives You specific legal rights, which covers or exceeds local demands. However these conditions do not limit in any way consumer rights described in the local legislation Area of validity For appliances that are purchased in one EU country and taken to another EU country, the services will be provided in the framework of the guarantee conditions normal in the new country. An obligation to carry out services in the framework of the guarantee exists only if the appliance complies and is installed in accordance with:
- the technical specifications of the country in which the guarantee claim is made;
- the Assembly Instructions and User Manual Safety Information;
The dedicated After Sales Service for IKEA appliances:
Please do not hesitate to contact IKEA After Sales Service to:
- make a service request under this guarantee;
- ask for clarification on the installation of the IKEA appliance in the dedicated IKEA kitchen furniture. The service won’t provide clarifications related to:
– the overall IKEA kitchen installation;
– connections to electricity (if the machine comes without plug and cable), to water, and togas since they have to be executed by an authorized service engineer.
- ask for clarification on the user manual contents and specifications of the IKEA appliance.
To ensure that we provide you with the best assistance, please read carefully the Assembly Instructions and/or the User Manual section of this booklet before contacting us.
How to reach us if You need our service
Please refer o the last page of this manual for the full list of IKEA appointed contacts and relative national phone numbers.
Important! In order to provide You with a quicker service, we recommend that You use the specific phone numbers listed at the end of this manual.
Always refer to the numbers listed in the booklet of the specific appliance You need assistance for. Before calling us, assure that You have to hand the IKEA article number (8 digit code) for the appliance of which you need our assistance.
Important! SAVE THE SALES RECEIPT! It is Your proof of purchase and required for the guarantee to apply. Note that the receipt reports also the IKEA article name and number (8 digit code) for each of the appliances you have purchased.
Do You need extra help? For any additional questions not related to After Sales of your appliances. Please contact our nearest IKEA store call center. We recommend you read the appliance documentation carefully before contacting us.
© Inter IKEA Systems B.V. 2018