IKEA Smaklig Trevlig User Guide
Before using the appliance, read these safety instructions. Keep them nearby for future reference.
These instructions and the appliance itself provide important safety warnings, to be observed at all times. The manufacturer declines any liability for failure to observe these safety instructions, for inappropriate use of the appliance or incorrect setting of controls.
- WARNING!: The appliance and its accessible parts become hot during use. Care shoul be taken to avoid touching heating elements. Children less than 8 years of age must be kept away unless continuously supervised.
- WARNING!: If the hob surface is cracked, do not use the appliance – risk of electric shock.
- WARNING!: Danger of fire: do not store items on the cooking surfaces.
- CAUTION: The cooking process has to be supervised. A short cooking process has to be supervised continuously.
- WARNING!: Unattended cooking on a hob with fat or oil can be dangerous – risk of fire. NEVER try to extinguish a fire with water: instead, switch off the appliance and then cover flame e.g. with a lid or a fire blanket.
- Do not use the hob as a work surface or support. Keep clothes or other flammable materials away from the appliance, unitl all the components have cooled down completely – risk of fire.
- Metallic objects such as knives, forks, spoons and lids should not be placed on the hob surface since they can get hot.
- Very young children (0-3 years) should be kept away from the appliance. Young children (3-8 years) should be kept away from the appliance unless continuously supervised. Children from 8 years old and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge can use this appliance only if they are supervised or have been given instructions on safe use and understand the hazards involved. Children must not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance must not be carried out by children without supervision.
- After use, switch off the hob element by its control and do not rely on the pan detector.
- CAUTION: The appliance is not intended to be operated by means of an external switching device, such as a timer, or separate remote controlled system.
- This appliance is intended to be used in household and similar applications such as: staff kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working environments; farm houses; by clients in hotels, motels, bed & breakfast and other residential environments.
- No other use is permitted (e.g. heating rooms).
- This appliance is not for professional use. Do not use the appliance outdoors.
- The appliance must be handled and installed by two or more persons – risk of injury. Use protective gloves to unpack and install – risk of cuts.
- Installation, including water supply (if any), electrical connections and repairs must be carried out by a qualified technician. Do not repair or replace any part of the appliance unless specifically stated in the user manual. Keep children away from the installation site. After unpacking the appliance, make sure that it has not been damaged during transport. In the event of problems, contact the dealer or your nearest Aftersales Service. Once installed, packaging waste (plastic, styrofoam parts etc.) must be stored out of reach of children – risk of suffocation. The appliance must be disconnected from the power supply before any installation operation – risk of electric shock. During installation, make sure the appliance does not damage the power cable – risk of fire or electric shock. Only activate the appliance when the installation has been completed.
- Carry out all cabinet cutting works before fitting the appliance in the place and remove all wood chips and sawdust.
- If the appliance is not installed above an oven, a separator panel (not included) must be installed in the compartment under the appliance.
- It must be possible to disconnect the appliance from the power supply by unplugging it if plug is accessible, or by a multi-pole switch installed upstream of the socket in accordance with the wiring rules and the appliance must be earthed in conformity with national electrical safety standards.
- Do not use extension leads, multiple sockets or adapters. The electrical components must not be accessible to the user after installation. Do not use the appliance when you are wet or barefoot.
- Do not operate this appliance if it has a damaged power cable or plug, if it is not working properly, or if it has been damaged or dropped.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced with an identical one by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard – risk of electric shock.
NOTE: People with a pacemaker or similar medical device should use care when standing near this induction hob while it is on. The electromagnetic field may affect the pacemaker or similar device. Consult your doctor, or the manufacturer of the pacemaker or similar medical device for additional information about its effects with electromagnetic fields of the induction hob.
- WARNING! Ensure that the appliance is switched off and disconnected from the power supply before performing any maintenance operation; never use steam cleaning equipment – risk of electric shock.
- Do not use abrasive or corrosive products, chlorine-based cleaners or pan scourers.
DISPOSAL OF PACKAGING MATERIALS
The packaging material is 100% recyclable and is marked with the recycle symbol The various parts of the packaging must therefore be disposed of responsibility and in full compliance with local authority regulations governing waste disposal.
DISPOSAL OF HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES
This appliance is manufactured with recyclable or reusable materials. Dispose of it in accordance with local waste disposal regulations. For further information on the treatment, recovery and recycling of household electrical appliances, contact your local authority, the collection service for household waste or the store where you purchased the appliance. This appliance is marked in compliance with European Directive 2012/19/EU, Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE). By ensuring this product is disposed of correctly, you will help prevent negative consequences for the environment and human health.
The symbol on the product or on the accompanying documentation indicates that it should not be treated as domestic waste but must be taken to an appropriate collection center for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment.
ENERGY SAVING TIPSs
Make the most of your hot plate’s residual heat by switching it off a few minutes before you finish cooking.
The base of your pot or pan should cover the hot plate completely; a container that is smaller than the hot plate will cause energy to be wasted.
Cover your pots and pans with tight-fitting lids while cooking and use as little water as possible. Cooking with the lid off will greatly increase energy consumption.
Use only flat-bottomed pots and pans.
DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY
This appliance meets the Eco Design requirements of European Regulations n. 66/2014 in conformity to the European standard EN 60350-2.
Ikea of Sweden AB – SE – 343 81 Älmhult, Sweden
Cleaning and maintenance
- Do not use steam cleaning equipment.
- Before cleaning, make sure the cooking zones are switched off and that the residual heat indicator (“H“) is not displayed.
- Do not use abrasive sponges or scouring pads as they may damage the glass.
- After each use, clean the hob (when it is cool) to remove any deposits and stains from food residue.
- A surface that is not kept suitably clean may reduce the sensitivity of control panel buttons.
- Use a scraper only if residues are stuck to the hob. Follow the scraper manufacturer’s instructions to avoid scratching the glass.
- Sugar or foods with a high sugar content can damage the hob and must be immediately removed.
- Salt, sugar and sand could scratch the glass surface.
- Use a soft cloth, absorbent kitchen paper or a special hob cleaner (follow the Manufacturer’s instructions).
- Spills of liquid in the cooking zones can cause the pots to move or vibrate.
- After cleaning the hob, dry thoroughly.
How long is the IKEA guarantee valid?
This guarantee is valid for five years from the original date of purchase of your appliance at IKEA. The original sales receipt, is required as proof of purchase. If service work is carried out under guarantee, this will not extend the guarantee period for the appliance.
Who will execute the service?
IKEA service provider will provide the service through its own service operations or authorized service partner network.
What does this guarantee cover?
The guarantee covers faults of the appliance, which have been caused by faulty construction or material faults from the date of purchase from IKEA. This guarantee applies to domestic use only. The exceptions are specified under the headline “What is not covered under this guarantee?” Within the guarantee period, the costs to remedy the fault e.g. repairs, parts, labour and travel will be covered, provided that the appliance is accessible for repair without special expenditure. On these conditions the EU guidelines (Nr. 99/44/EG) and the respective local regulations are applicable. Replaced parts become the property of IKEA.
What will IKEA do to correct the problem?
IKEA appointed Service Provider will examine the product and decide, at its sole discretion, if it is covered under this guarantee. If considered covered, IKEA Service Provider or its authorized service partner through its own service operations, will then, at its sole discretion, either repair the defective product or replace it with the same or a comparable product.
What is not covered under this guarantee?
- Normal wear and tear.
- Deliberate or negligent damage, damage caused by failure to observe operating instructions, incorrect installation or by connection to the wrong voltage, damage caused by chemical or electrochemical reaction, rust, corrosion or water damage including but not limited to damage caused by excessive lime in the water supply, damage caused by abnormal environmental conditions.
- Consumable parts including batteries and lamps.
- Non-functional and decorative parts which do not affect normal use of the appliance, including any scratches and possible color differences.
- Accidental damage caused by foreign objects or substances and cleaning or unblocking of filters, drainage systems or soap drawers.
- Damage to the following parts: ceramic glass, accessories, crockery and cutlery baskets, feed and drainage pipes, seals, lamps and lamp covers, screens, knobs, casings and parts of casings. Unless such damages can be proved to have been caused by production faults.
- Cases where no fault could be found during a technician’s visit.
- Repairs not carried out by our appointed service providers and/or an authorized service contractual partner or where non-original parts have been used.
- Repairs caused by installation which is faulty or not according to specification.
- The use of the appliance in a non-domestic environment i.e. professional use.
- Transportation damages. If a customer transports the product to his home or another address, IKEA is not liable for any damage that may occur during transport. However, if IKEA delivers the product to the customer’s delivery address, then damage to the product that occurs during this delivery will be covered by IKEA.
- Cost for carrying out the initial installation of the IKEA appliance.
- However, if an IKEA appointed Service Provider or its authorized service partner repairs or replaces the appliance under the terms of this guarantee, the appointed Service Provider or its authorized service partner will reinstall the repaired appliance or install the replacement, if necessary.
- This does not apply within Ireland, customer should contact the local IKEA dedicated after sales line or the appointed Service Provider for further information. (just for GB)
These restrictions do not apply to fault-free work carried out by a qualified specialist using our original parts in order to adapt the appliance to the technical safety specifications of another EU country.
How country law applies
The IKEA guarantee gives you specific legal rights, which cover or exceed all the local legal demands. However these conditions do not limit in any way consumer rights described in the local legislation.
Area of validity
For appliances which are purchased in one EU country and taken to another EU country, the services will be provided in the framework of the guarantee conditions normal in the new country.
An obligation to carry out services in the framework of the guarantee exists only if the appliance complies and is installed in accordance with:
- the technical specifications of the country in which the guarantee claim is made;
- the Assembly Instructions and User Manual Safety Information.
The dedicated AFTER SALES for IKEA appliances
Please don’t hesitate to contact IKEA appointed Authorized Service Centre to:
- make a service request under this guarantee;
- ask for clarifications on installation of the IKEA appliance in the dedicated IKEA kitchen furniture;
- ask for clarification on functions of IKEA appliances.
To ensure that we provide you with the best assistance, please read carefully the Assembly Instructions and/or the User Manual before contacting us.
How to reach us if you need our service
In order to provide you a quicker service, we recommend to use the specific phone numbers listed on this manual. Always refer to the numbers listed in the booklet of the specific appliance you need an assistance for. Please also always refer to the IKEA article number (8 digit code) and 12 digit service number placed on the rating plate of your appliance.
SAVE THE SALES RECEIPT!
It is your proof of purchase and required for the guarantee to apply. The sales receipt also reports the IKEA name and article number (8 digit code) for each of the appliances you have purchased.
Do you need extra help?
For any additional questions not related to After Sales of your appliances please contact your nearest IKEA store call centre. We recommend you read the appliance documentation carefully before contacting us.
UNITED KINGDOM – IRELAND
Phone number: 02076601517
Rate: Local rate
Monday – Friday : 8.00am – 6.00pm
Saturday: 8.30am – 4.30pm
Sunday: 9.30am – 3.30pm
© Inter IKEA Systems B.V. 2019
Read More About This Manual & Download PDF:
- Mobilier et Décoration – Intérieur et Extérieur – IKEA
- IKEA.com Global IKEA Pause
- IKEA – Möbler, inredning och inspiration – IKEA
- Møbler, boligtilbehør og inspiration til hjemmet – IKEA