Infrared Ear Thermometer
1. Please consult your physician to verify your body temperature.
2. D0 NOT scrape or scratch the lens as it will hamper the effectiveness of the device.
3. The device is intended for consumer-use only.
4. Calibration is recommended every two years.
SIZE AAA (1.5V)X2
One YEARS FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE
Why IR ear thermometer?
The tympanic membrane (eardrum), and the hypothalamus, the part of the brain which controls body temperature, share a common blood supply, so tympanic readings rise and fall rapidly with core temperature (deep-body temperature). This makes the ear temperatures one of the best indicators of internal body (core) temperature.
What are normal temperature values?
Human body temperature varies from person to person. One person’s body temperatures are different from time to time. Therefore, it is very important to know your normal body temperature range. Because of this, we recommend that you measure yourself when healthy to establish reference temperatures which will make you feel more confident of the measured temperature when ill.
Information You Should Know Before Operating the IR Ear Thermometer
How to use the IR ear thermometer correctly?
1. It is useful to try this thermometer on yourself first to become familiar with its operations.
2. Please do not take the temperature immediately after waking up. Sleeping on the ear may cause the temperature to be higher than normal.
3. It is common for the readings to be slightly different between the right and the left ear. Therefore, we suggest using the same ear to obtain temperature.
4. To make the ear canal straight for measurement: For Children under 12 months: Make the ear canal straight by pulling the ear back.
For Children over l 2 months and Adults: Make the ear canal straight by pulling the ear back and up.
Preparation for Use
Installing/Replacing the Battery
- Slide the battery cover off in the direction shown.
- Clean the battery contacts and also those of the device prior to battery re-installation.
- Install two new “AAA* batteries into the battery compartment matching correct polarities.
4.Replace and fasten the battery cover securely.
Batteries contain mercury. Do not put in household trash. Manage as hazardous waste. Never dispose of in fire. Do not recharge, put in backwards or disassemble, as this may cause explosion, leakage and injury.
When replacing batteries, do not mix old ones and new ones. Do not mix alkaline, standard(carbon-zinc) or rechargeable(nickel-cadmium) batteries.
How to Operate the Thermometer
- Press and release the START/STOP button to turn on the unit. (Figurel) A beep is heard. After about 2 seconds, the display shows that the unit is ready for measurement. (Figure2)
- Place the probe into the ear canal then press and release the START/STOP button again to start measurement.
- While it is measuring, the display will show an “arrow” sign. (Figure3)
- A “beep-beep”sound is heard when the measurement is completed. (Flgure4)
- After the smiling face symbol stops flashing, you can repeat measurement by pressing the START/STOP button again.
- Turn off the unit by pressing and holding the START/STOP button for 3 seconds until the OFF message is displayed. A long beep is heard. (Figure5)
For Centigrade and Fahrenheit Switchable Models: The Centigrade or Fahrenheit mode can be switched by turning the unit on then pressing the START/STOP button again immediately and holding it down. The display will show “CH” with “F” or”C”. Release the button when the mode you desire is in the display window. The unit will show “L” with the degree sign and the smiling face symbol in the display and is ready to take a new temperature reading.
- Between each measurement, please allow a 5-second interval in order to obtain the most accurate result.
- Ensure that the probe lens is clean before each measurement. Dirty probe lens may cause Inaccurate measurement.
- Because the thermometer is a very sensitive device, it must be at room temperature approx. 60.8-104°F (16-40°C) for at least 30 minutes before using to avoid any incorrect measurements.
Performance of the device may be degraded if the device is operated or stored outside the stated temperature and humidity range or if the patient’s temperature is below ambient (room) temperature.
- If the power is on, turn off the power first.
- Press and hold the START/STOP button for about 3 seconds until the last recorded temperature is displayed.
3. For models with 9 memories Press the START/STOP button repeatedly will take you to each recorded temperature in the memory. you may toggle the button to see the recorded temperatures.
4. After you release the START/STOP button the unit will return to the measurement mode.
5. “L” will appear on the display. The unit is then ready for Measurement again.
6. It is now ready to take a new temperature reading.
Cleaning and Care
This device (batteries excluded) is guaranteed for one year from the date of purchase against manufacturer’s defect under normal use and without evidence of tampering.
• Device is not properly operated according to the instructions as described in this manual.
• Device shows any signs of tampering or attempted modification.
▪ Evidence of improper handling or storing, such as dropping, heat, liquid or cleaner damage.
▪ Natural disasters (such as fire, flood, earthquake, lightening). No receipt or proof of purchase showing date of purchase
Following the instructions closely will ensure years of dependable operation.
POTENTIAL FOR RADIO/TELEVSION INTERFERENCE (for U.S.A. Only)
Operation is subject to the following two conditions 1)This device may not cause harmful Interference, and 2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference That may cause undesired operation.
This product has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC rules.
These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. The product generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If the product does cause harmful interference to radio or television rception, which can be determined by turning the product on and off, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures
• Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
• Increase the separation between the product and the receiver.
• Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the users authority to operate the equipment.
Questions about your Manual ? Post in the comments!