Instant Zest Plus 20 Cup Rice and Grain Cooker
When using your appliance, basic safety precautions should be followed, including the following:
- READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS, SAFEGUARDS, AND WARNINGS BEFORE OPERATING APPLIANCE.
- Always operate the appliance on a horizontal surface that is level, stable, and non-combustible.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. To avoid spills and burns, do not carry cooker by the lid handle. To carry, wait until the cooker has cooled to room temperature, then lift the cooker from the bottom.
- CAUTION: To protect against the risk of electrical shock, do not immerse cord, plug or the appliance in water or any other liquid. See “Care & Cleaning” instructions for cleaning. Do not rinse the appliance
- To avoid electrical shock, do not put liquid of any kind into the cooker base as it contains the electrical components. Always use the inner pot for cooking.
- This appliance is NOT to be used by children or by persons with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used near children and these individuals. Children should not play with this appliance.
- Press Cancel, then unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Let appliance cool before putting on or taking off parts and before cleaning or storing the appliance. To unplug, grasp the plug and pull from the outlet. Never pull from the power cord.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions, or is dropped or damaged in any manner. For assistance, contact Customer Care at [email protected]
- Do not attempt to repair, replace, alter, or modify components of the appliance, as this may cause electric shock, fire or injury, and will void the warranty.
- Do not tamper with any of the safety mechanisms.
- Do not use any accessories or attachments not authorized by Instant Brands™ Inc. The use of attachments not recommended by the manufacturer may cause a risk of injury, fire or electric shock.
- For household countertop use only. Do not use outdoors. Not for commercial use.
- Do not let cord touch hot surfaces or hang over the edge of a counter or table.
- Do not place the appliance on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or a heated oven; heat from an external source will damage the appliance.
- Extreme caution must be used when moving the appliance containing hot rice or other liquids.
- Do not use the appliance for other than its intended use.
- Do not touch, cover or obstruct the steam vent on the top of the rice cooker as it is extremely hot and may cause scalding.
- A short power-supply cord is provided to reduce risks resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a long cord.
- Do not use unit in electric systems other than 120V~60Hz for North America. Do not use with power converters or adapters.
- CAUTION: Spilled food can cause serious burns. Keep appliance and cord away from children. Never drape cord over edge of table or counter, never use outlet below counter, and never use with an extension cord.
- The rice cooker should be operated on a separate electrical circuit from other operating appliances. If the electrical circuit is overloaded with other appliances, the appliance may not operate properly.
- Steam vent on top of cooker is extremely hot. To avoid the risk of injury, do not cover or obstruct steam vent.
- Always make sure the outside of the inner cooking pot is dry prior to use. If the inner pot is returned to the cooker when wet, it may cause damage or cause the appliance to malfunction.
- Use extreme caution when opening the lid during or after cooking. Hot steam will escape and may cause scalding. Keep hands and face at a safe distance when opening the cooker.
- Rice should not be left in the inner cooking pot with the Keep Warm function on for more than 12 hours.
- To prevent damage or deformation, do not use the inner cooking pot on a stovetop or burner.
- To reduce the risk of electrical shock, cook only in the removable inner cooking pot provided.
- Do not wrap or tie cord around appliance.
Warning: Read this manual carefully and completely, and retain for future reference. Failure to adhere to safety instructions may result in serious injury.
To avoid injury, read and understand instruction manual before using this machine.
Electrical shock hazard. Use grounded outlet only. DO NOT remove ground. DO NOT use an adapter. DO NOT use an extension cord. Failure to follow instructions can cause electrical shock and/or death.
THE FAILURE TO FOLLOW ANY OF THE IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS AND THE IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR SAFE USE IS A MISUSE OF YOUR APPLIANCE THAT CAN VOID YOUR WARRANTY AND CREATE THE RISK OF SERIOUS INJURY.
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to modify the plug in any way.
Care & Cleaning
Unplug your cooker and let it cool to room temperature before cleaning. Never use harsh chemical detergents, scouring pads, or powders on any of the parts or components.
|Part / Accessory||Instruction||Cleaning Method|
• Condensation collector
• Plastic steamer tray
• Rice measuring cup
• Plastic rice spoon
Empty and rinse the condensation collector after each use.
Clean accessories after use.
|Remove and clean after each use.
Ensure all grease and food debris is fully removed.
Optionally, spray with non-stick cooking spray before adding food.
|Clean after each use.
Wipe with a soft, damp cloth or sponge.
|If wet food or grease enters the cooker base, wipe clean with a soft, damp cloth or sponge.
Clean the exterior with a soft, damp cloth or sponge, and wipe dry to avoid streaking.
|Do not immerse the appliance in water. Do not rinse the appliance under a tap. Do not wet the prongs of the power cord.||Without proper cleaning, food may build up around the steam release.||If you smell smoke, press Cancel and unplug the appliance. Once cool, remove the inner pot and check for foreign objects between the inner pot and heating element.|
This Limited Warranty is effective for one year from the date of original consumer purchase. Proof of original purchase date and, if requested by an authorized representative of Instant Brands Inc. (“Instant Brands”), return of your appliance, is required to obtain service under this Limited Warranty. Provided that this appliance is operated and maintained in accordance with written instructions attached to or furnished with the appliance, Instant Brands will, in its sole and exclusive discretion, either: (i) repair defects in materials or workmanship; or (ii) replace the appliance. In the event that your appliance is replaced, the Limited Warranty on the replacement appliance will expire 12 months from the date of original consumer purchase.
This Limited Warranty extends only to the original purchaser and use of the appliance in the United States of America and Canada. This warranty does not cover units that are used outside of the United States of America and Canada.
Any modification or attempted modification to your appliance may interfere with the safe operation of the appliance and will void this Limited Warranty. This Limited Warranty does not apply in respect of any appliance or any part thereof that has been altered or modified unless such alterations or modifications were expressly authorized by an Instant Brands representative.
Limitation and Exclusions
The liability of Instant Brands, if any, for any allegedly defective appliance or part shall in no circumstances exceed the purchase price of a comparable replacement appliance.
This Limited Warranty does not cover:
- Damage resulting from accident, alteration, misuse, abuse, neglect, unreasonable use, use contrary to the operating instructions, normal wear and tear, commercial use, improper assembly, disassembly, failure to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance, fire, flood, acts of God or repair by anyone unless directed by an Instant Brands Representative;
- Repairs where your appliance is used for other than normal, personal use or when it is used in a manner that is contrary to published user or operator instructions; or
- Use of unauthorized parts and accessories, or repairs to parts and systems resulting from unauthorized repairs or modifications made to this appliance.
The cost of repair or replacement under these excluded circumstances shall be paid by you.
Disclaimer of Implied Warranties
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INSTANT BRANDS MAKES NO WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS OR REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, BY STATUTE, USAGE, CUSTOM OF TRADE OR OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO THE APPLIANCES OR PARTS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, OR REPRESENTATIONS OF WORKMANSHIP, MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR DURABILITY.
Some states or provinces do not allow for the exclusion of implied warranties of merchantability or fitness, so this limitation may not apply to you. In these states and provinces, you have only the implied warranties that are expressly required to be provided in accordance with applicable law.
Limitation of Remedies; Exclusion of Incidental and Consequential Damage
YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE APPLIANCE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AS PROVIDED HEREIN. INSTANT BRANDS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE APPLIANCE OR DAMAGES WITH RESPECT TO ANY ECONOMIC LOSS, PERSONAL INJURY, LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF REVENUES OR PROFITS, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT OR USE, COSTS OF REMOVAL, INSTALLATION OR OTHER INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE OR KIND.
Please visit www.instantappliances.com/support/register to register your new Instant Brands™ appliance
and validate your warranty within thirty (30) days of purchase. You will be asked to provide the store name, date of purchase, model number (found on the back of your appliance) and serial number (found on the bottom of your appliance) along with your name and email address. The registration will enable us to keep you up to date with product developments, recipes and contact you in the unlikely event of a product safety notification. By registering, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the instructions for use, and warnings set forth in the accompanying instructions.
To obtain service under this warranty, please contact our Customer Service Department by phone at 1-800-828-7280 or by email to [email protected] You can also create a support ticket online at www.instantappliances.com/support. If we are unable to resolve the problem, you may be asked to send your appliance to the Service Department for quality inspection. Instant Brands is not responsible for shipping costs
related to warranty service, save and except for shipping costs associated with the return of your appliance from Canada or within the 48 contiguous states and the District of Columbia of the United States of America, as provided herein. When returning your appliance, please include your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, and proof of the original purchase date as well as a description of the problem you are encountering with the appliance.
Register your product today at: