Meeting Mate™Quickstart Guide
For the full User Guide and the latest information about this product, visit ionaudio.com.
For additional product support, visit ionaudio.com/support.
For complete warranty information: visit warranty information [PDF].
Meeting Mate™ Stand Micro-USB Cable (3 ft. / 100 cm) Quickstart Guide
Note: Before you first use the product, please fully charge the battery. Your unit was purposely shipped with a reduced battery charge to ensure safe transit. For optimal charging, power off the speaker while charging.
A. Mic Mute Button: Press to mute or unmute the built-in microphone (located below the Power button). When muted, the Mic Mute LED below this button will be lit red.
B. EQ Button: Press to cycle between EQ modes, indicated by the voice prompts: “Music” (1 beep) and “Voice” (2 beeps).
C. Bluetooth Button: Press and hold to disconnect a Bluetooth device. When connected to a Bluetooth device, the Bluetooth LED below this button will be lit blue.
D. Power Button: Press and hold to turn Meeting Mate on or off. Press and release this button to change between USB Audio Mode, Bluetooth Mode, and Auxiliary Mode.
E. Play/Pause Button: Press to play or pause music on a Bluetooth-connected device.
F. -/+ Buttons: Press these buttons to decrease or increase the volume. Press and hold to move to the previous or next Bluetooth track.
G. Micro-USB Port: Use the included micro-USB cable to connect this to a USB port on your computer or a phone charger to recharge Meeting Mate’s battery. See Setup for more information on connecting to a computer.
H. Aux Input: This stereo 1/8″ (3.5 mm) input can be used to connect a CD player, MP3 player, or another audio source.
I. Lights Button: Press to cycle between five light modes. In color phase mode, press and hold this button to freeze the lights on one color.
Meeting Mate™can be set up horizontally, or vertically with the included stand. To use Meeting Mate TM with the stand, place the stand on a flat, stable surface and position Meeting Mate ™vertically so that the Micro-USB and Aux ports are at the bottom. Align the ports with the cutout of the stand (as shown, left) and carefully insert the speaker into the stand.
Connecting Meeting Mate™ to Your Computer In addition to using Meeting Mate ™ as a Bluetooth device, you can also connect it to your computer and use it as an audio input and output device. First, Power on Meeting Mate ™ and use the included micro-USB cable to connect the micro-USB port on Meeting Mate ™ to an available USB port on your computer. When connected, you will hear “USB Mode” for confirmation. Then, select Meeting Mate ™ as your audio device:
• Windows: Go to Start Menu > Control Panel > Sound, select Meeting Mate under the Recording and Sound Playback tabs, and choose Set Default.
• macOS: Go to Audio MIDI Setup, select Meeting Mate under the Input and Output tabs, and then right-click and select Use This Device For Sound Input/Output.
You can now use Meeting Mate™to listen to audio from your computer, receive video calls, and more. To switch from USB Audio Mode to Auxiliary Mode, press and release the power button.
IMPORTANT: To ensure the best possible experience with the app, use the most current Android OS or iOS on your device.
Note: Ensure that your device has internet access via your service provider or wireless connection. You can also download the app on your computer, but remember to connect and sync your device to transfer the app.
Follow these steps to download the free app on your device:
- Open the Apple App Store or Google Play on your device. Then, search for the ION Sound XP app.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the app. Once downloaded, the ION Sound XP app will appear on your device’s home screen.
- Connect your device to Meeting Mate™via Bluetooth. See the Bluetooth Connecting with Meeting Mate TM to learn how to do this.
- Open the ION Sound XP ™ app and tap to select Add A Product on the screen. The app will scan and find Meeting Mate ™.
- Select the Meeting Mate ™ icon to go to the next screen, where you can control the speaker settings from your device.
For complete instructions on using the app, download the complete User Guide at ionaudio.com.
Bluetooth Connecting with Meeting Mate™
Connecting to one Meeting Mate™ Speaker:
1. Power on the Meeting MateTMby holding down the Power button for 2 seconds. Meeting MateTMwill automatically enters Bluetooth pairing mode, and you will hear Bluetooth Pairing” for confirmation.
2. Navigate to your device’s Bluetooth setup screen, find Meeting Mate, and connect. When connected, the Bluetooth LED will be lit solid blue and you will hear “Bluetooth Connected”.
Note: Do not connect to Meeting Mate_BLE; this is reserved exclusively for connecting to the ION Sound XP app. If you experience trouble in connecting, select “Forget this Device” on your Bluetooth device and try to connect again.
3. To disconnect, turn off Bluetooth from your device’s Bluetooth settings, or press and hold the Bluetooth button. You will hear “Bluetooth Disconnected” for confirmation.
When Bluetooth-paired, press and release the Play/Pause button to answer a phone call. The phone’s ringtone will be heard through the Meeting Mate™speaker until the call is answered. When the call has been disconnected, Meeting Mate ™ will resume playing music. To reject an incoming call, press and hold the Play/Pause button. To mute the microphone while on a call, press the Mic Mute button.
Important Safety Instructions
- Read these instructions. Keep these instructions. Heed all warnings. Follow all instructions.
- Do not use this apparatus near water.
- Do not block any ventilation openings (if applicable). Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. Do not install this equipment in a confined or “boxed-in” space such as a bookcase or similar unit, and maintain good ventilation conditions. The ventilation should not be impeded by covering the ventilation openings with items such as newspaper, tablecloths, curtains, etc.
- Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat. Do not place exposed flame sources such as lighted candles on the apparatus.
- Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding-type plug (if applicable). A polarized plug has two blades with one wider than the other. A grounding-type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wide blade or the third prong is provided for your safety. If the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for the replacement of the obsolete outlet.
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- Only use attachment/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- Use only the cart, stand, tripod, bracket or table specified by the manufacturer, or sold with the apparatus (if applicable). When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
- Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
- Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as power-supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
- Internal/External Voltage Selectors (if applicable): Internal or external voltage selector switches, if any, should only be reset and re-equipped with a proper plug for alternative voltage by a qualified service technician. Do not attempt to alter this yourself.
- Power Sources (if applicable): This product should be connected to a power supply only of the type described in these operating instructions, or as marked on the unit.
- Caution: Danger of explosion if the battery is incorrectly replaced. Replace only with the same or equivalent type. Batteries (a battery pack or an installed battery) shall not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire, etc.
- If applicable) Where the mains plug or an appliance coupler is used as the disconnect device, the disconnect device shall remain readily operable.
- Warning (if applicable): Provide an earthing connection before the mains plug is connected to the mains. When disconnecting the earthing connection, be sure to disconnect it after pulling the mains plug out from the mains.
- For Class II apparatus only (if applicable): This symbol means the equipment is a Class II or double insulated electrical appliance. It has been designed in such a way that it does not require a safety connection to the electrical earth.
- Class II Wiring (if applicable): To reduce the risk of electric shock, the external wiring connected to the terminals with “Class II Wiring” requires Class II wiring installed by an instructed person or the use of ready-made leads or cords.
- This apparatus is for professional use only. Intended operational climate: moderate.
- (If applicable) When moving or not using the appliance, secure the power cord (e.g., wrap it with a cable tie). Be careful not to damage the power cord.
Before using it again, make sure the power cord has not been damaged. If the power cord has been damaged at all, bring the unit and cord to a qualified service technician for repair or replacement as specified by the manufacturer.
- Warning (if applicable): Excessive sound pressure (high volumes) from headphones can cause hearing loss.
- Warning (if applicable): Please refer to any important information (e.g., electrical, safety, etc.) printed on the exterior bottom enclosure or rear panel before installing or operating the product.
- Warning (if applicable): Terminals marked with the lightning bolt symbol may be of sufficient magnitude to constitute a risk of electric shock.
- Minimum distances 10 mm around the apparatus for sufficient ventilation.
CAUTION: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NOT REMOVE ANY COVER. NO USER-SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE. REFER SERVICING TO QUALIFIED SERVICE PERSONNEL ONLY.
DANGEROUS VOLTAGE: The lightning flash with the arrowhead symbol within the equilateral triangle is intended to alert the user to the presence of uninsulated “dangerous voltage” within the product’s enclosure that may be of sufficient magnitude to constitute a risk of electric shock.
INSTRUCTIONS: The exclamation point within the equilateral triangle is intended to alert the user to the presence of important operating and maintenance (servicing) instructions in the literature accompanying this appliance.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of fire or electrical shock, do not expose this appliance to rain or moisture. Electrical equipment should NEVER be kept or stored in damp environments.
NOTICE CONCERNING FCC REGULATIONS: You are cautioned that changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment. This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures: (a) reorient or relocate the receiving antenna; (b) move this unit; (c)
increase the separation between the equipment and receiver; (d) connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected; (e) be sure that all cables are properly shielded, using a choke or ferrite where appropriate; (f) consult the dealer or an experienced radio/television technician for help.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
FCC Radiation Exposure Statement: This equipment complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. This equipment should be installed and operated with a minimum distance of 20 cm between the radiator and your body.
If apparatus contains a coin/button-cell battery: Warning: Do not ingest the battery—chemical burn hazard. The remote control supplied with this product contains a coin/button-cell battery. If the coin/button cell battery is swallowed, it can cause severe internal burns in just 2 hours and can lead to death. Keep new and used batteries away from children. If the battery compartment does not close securely, stop using the product and keep it away from children. Tell others about the risk associated with button batteries and how to keep their children safe. If you think batteries might have been swallowed or placed inside any part of the body, seek immediate medical attention. Dispose of used button batteries immediately and safely. Flat batteries can still be dangerous.
Disposal of Batteries (if applicable):
- Never dispose of any types of batteries in fire or near excessive heat or direct sunlight. Overheated batteries can rupture or explode.
- If you are unsure of how or where to dispose of a battery, refer to your local ordinances for the proper location, method, etc.
- Alkaline batteries & lithium button cell batteries: You can safely dispose of alkaline and lithium button cell batteries with normal household waste. They do not pose a health or environmental risk during normal use or disposal. (Alkaline batteries are composed primarily of common metals like steel, zinc, and manganese.) Do not dispose of large amounts of alkaline or lithium button cell batteries in a group. Used batteries are often not completely “dead.” Grouping them together can bring these “live” batteries into contact with one another, creating safety risks. To avoid this, insulate each battery with tape or other nonconductive material to ensure it does not discharge. Proven cost-effective and environmentally safe recycling processes are not yet universally available for alkaline and lithium button cell batteries. Some communities offer recycling or collection of these batteries. For more information, refer to your local ordinances or contact your local government.
- Lead-acid batteries: Dispose of lead-acid batteries by bringing them to an electronic waste center or recycling center, or dispose of them in accordance with your local ordinances. (Rechargeable lead-acid batteries are the same type used in automobiles and should be disposed of in a similar fashion.)
This device contains license-exempt transmitter(s)/receiver(s) that comply with Innovation, Science, and Economic Development (ISED) Canada’s license-exempt RSS(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
Radiation Exposure Statement: This equipment complies with SED radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment.
- Disconnect the power cord before servicing.
- Replace critical components only with factory parts or recommended equivalents.
- For AC line powered units: Before returning repaired unit to the user, use an ohmmeter to measure from both AC plug blades to all exposed metal parts.
The resistance should be more than 2,000,000 ohms.
Trademarks and Licenses
ION Audio is a trademark of inMusic Brands, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android and Google Play are registered trademarks of Google Inc. The Bluetooth word mark and logos are owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by ION Audio is under license. All other product names, company names, trademarks, or trade names are those of their respective owners.
Output Power: 20 W (peak)
Frequency Response: 100 Hz – 20 kHz
Range: Up to 100 ft. (30 m) from the source device. (Bluetooth range is affected by walls, obstructions, and movement. For optimal performance, place the product so it is unobstructed by walls or furniture and is raised off the ground.)
Battery: Built-in rechargeable 7.4V, 2500 mAh lithium polymer battery Battery Life: Up to 20 hours (Battery performance varies with the features being used on the unit and volume at which content is being played. In typical usage for audio playback, exclusive of additional features, the Meeting Mate battery lasts up to 20 hours.)
Recharge Time: Up to 3 Hours Dimensions
(WxDxH): 14.21″ x 2.84″ x 2.84″ / 361 x 72 x 72 mm
Weight: 1.5 lbs (0.67 kg)
Specifications are subject to change without notice.