Kampa CT9034 Poled Shelter 300
© 2021 Dometic Group. The visual appearance of the contents of this manual is protected by copyright and design law. The underlying technical design and the products contained herein may be protected by design, patent or be patent pending. The trademarks mentioned in this manual belong to Dometic Sweden AB. All rights are reserved.
Please read these instructions carefully and follow all instructions, guidelines, and warnings included in this product manual in order to ensure that you install, use, and maintain the product properly at all times. These instructions MUST stay with this product.
By using the product, you hereby confirm that you have read all instructions, guidelines, and warnings carefully and that you understand and agree to abide by the terms and conditions as set forth herein.
You agree to use this product only for the intended purpose and application and in accordance with the instructions, guidelines, and warnings as set forth in this product manual as well as in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. A failure to read and follow the instructions and warnings set forth herein may result in an injury to yourself and others, damage to your product or damage to other property in the vicinity. This product manual, including the instructions, guidelines, and warnings, and related documentation, may be subject to changes and updates. For up-to-date product information, please visit kampaoutdoors.com.
DANGER! Failure to obey this instruction will cause death or serious injury.
Hazard of carbon monoxide poisoning
- Never use a fuel-burning appliance such as barbecues or gas heaters inside the shelter. The burning process pro-duces carbon monoxide which accumulates inside the shelter as there is no flue.
WARNING! Failure to obey these warnings could result in death or serious injury.
- Make sure you know the fire precaution arrangements on the site.
- Do not cook inside the shelter or use open flames. Beware of suffocation
- Make sure ventilation openings are open all the time to avoid suffocation.
CAUTION! Failure to obey these cautions could result in minor or moderate injury.
Risk of injury
- This device is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capa-bilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the device by a person responsible for their safety.
- Do not allow children to play around the shelter and ensure that suitable protective footwear is worn. Guy lines are a trip hazard and pegs can be sharp.
- Cleaning and user maintenance may not be carried out by unsupervised children.
- Keep passage ways clear.
Scope of delivery
This shelter is suitable for:
- Light to moderate weather
This shelter is not suitable for:
- Very strong winds or snowfall
- Seasonal pitch or commercial use
This product is only suitable for the intended purpose and application in accordance with these instructions.
This manual provides information that is necessary for proper installation and/or operation of the product. Poor installation and/or improper operating or maintenance will result in unsatisfactory performance and a possible failure.
The manufacturer accepts no liability for any injury or damage to the product resulting from:
- Incorrect assembly or connection, including excess voltage
- Incorrect maintenance or use of spare parts other than original spare parts provided by the manufacturer
- Alterations to the product without express permission from the manufacturer
- Use for purposes other than those described in this manual
Kampa reserves the right to change product appearance and product specifications.
Using the shelter
Before first use
Familiarize yourself with the product by carrying out a test set up before the product is used for the first time. Check if the scope of delivery is complete.
Choosing a site
Choose a flat site that is protected from wind:
- If necessary, use a windbreak.
- Choose a shaded site to avoid UV degradation of the fabric.
- Avoid pitching under trees as falling branches, resin, etc. can damage the product.
- Clear the site of sharp stones and debris to avoid damaging the groundsheet.
- Set up the product with the doors facing away from the wind.
Setting up the shelter
- The shelter comes with general purpose pegs. These will be suitable for many sites but for some types of ground special pegs will be needed. Ask your dealer.
- Drive the pegs at a 45° angle away from the shelter into the ground.
- Peg each guy line in-line with the seam it starts from.
Keep the following tips in mind while setting up the shelter:
- The figures provide a general overview of the set-up. The actual set-up will vary slightly based on the model of shelter.
- Get help. The set-up is easier with more people.
- Push the poles into the sleeves from front to rear.
- After standing the shelter upright, check the corner pegs and re-peg if necessary. The groundsheet on the inside should be taut and in a rectangular shape.
- Peg the guy lines so that the shelter is under tension without distorting the shape.
- If available, attach the storm straps.
- Check the guy lines from time to time to ensure adequate tension, if necessary use the runners to adjust.
Set up the shelter as follows:
- To protect the shelter from dirt and damage, lay down a groundsheet or footprint before unpacking.
- Unpack the shelter.
- Separate and identify the different components.
- Proceed as shown to set up the shelter (fig. 1, page 3 to fig. 7, page 4).
Dismantling the shelter
NOTICE! Material damage
Do not use force when dismantling the shelter. Otherwise you might damage any material.
- Reverse the set up procedure.
- Push the poles out of the sleeves, do not pull.
- Ensure that all parts are clean before packing in the carry bag.
- If the shelter is wet or damp, dry fully as soon as possible.
Cleaning and maintenance
NOTICE! Damage hazard
- Do not use sharp or hard objects or cleaning agents for cleaning.
- Do not use alcohol based materials, chemicals, soap and detergents for cleaning.
- Remove bird droppings and tree resin as soon as possible to avoid permanent damage to the material.
- If necessary, clean the product with clean water and a soft brush.
- Apply impregnation against water and UV radiation before each trip.
Storing the shelter
- Fully set up the shelter for cleaning.
- Choose a sunny day for cleaning to ensure the material will dry thoroughly.
- Clean the shelter.
- Air fully and ensure the shelter is totally dry before packing away.
- Store in a well ventilated dry place.
- During first exposure to water there may be some moisture at the seams. Through this moisture the threads will swell and fill the holes that are created in the sewing process.
- A fully equipped spare parts kit should include:
– Repair tape and repair solution
– Silicone spray for the zippers
– Spare pegs
- Place the packaging material in the appropriate recycling waste bins, wherever possible.
- Consult a local recycling center or specialist dealer for details about how to dispose of the product in accordance with the applicable dis-posal regulations.
The statutory warranty period applies. If the product is defective, please contact the manufacturer’s branch in your country (see kampaoutdoors.com/store-locator) or your retailer.
For repair and warranty processing, please include the following documents when you send in the device:
- A copy of the receipt with purchase date
- A reason for the claim or description of the fault
The warranty covers manufacturing defects, materials and parts. The warranty does not cover fading of the cover and wear and tear due to UV radiation, misuse, accidental damage, storm damage, or permanent, semi-permanent or commercial use. It does not cover any resulting damage. Please contact your dealer for claims. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Part of the Dometic Group
We distribute our products in around 100 markets. Please ask for your contact point or check the web.kampaoutdoors.com
Manufacturer: Dometic UK Awnings Limited, Witham, Essex, UK
Importer EU: Dometic Germany GmbH, Hollefeldstraße 63, 48282 Emsdetten, Germany