Kampa Steel Poled Windbreak
Please read these instructions carefully and follow all instructions, guidelines, and warnings included in this product manual in order to ensure that you install, use, and maintain the product properly at all times. These instructions MUST stay with this product.
By using the product, you hereby confirm that you have read all instructions, guidelines, and warnings carefully and that you understand and agree to abide by the terms and conditions as set forth herein. You agree to use this product only for the intended purpose and application and in accordance with the instructions, guidelines, and warnings as set forth in this product manual as well as in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. A failure to read and follow the instructions and warnings set forth herein may result in an injury to yourself and others, damage to your product or damage to other property in the vicinity. This product manual, including the instructions, guidelines, and warnings, and related documentation, may be subject to changes and updates. For up-to-date product information, please visit kampaoutdoors.com.
Explanation of symbols
Safety instruction: Indicates a hazardous situation that, if not avoided, could result in death or serious injury.
Safety instruction: Indicates a hazardous situation that, if not avoided, could result in minor or moderate injury.
Indicates a situation that, if not avoided, can result in property damage.
Supplementary information for operating the product.
WARNING! Failure to obey these warnings could result in death or serious injury.
- Make sure you know the fire precaution arrangements on the site.
- Do not cook inside or near the windbreak or use open flames.
CAUTION! Failure to obey these cautions could result in minor or moderate injury.
- Risk of injury
- This windbreak is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the device by a person responsible for their safety.
- Do not allow children to play around the windbreak and ensure that suitable protective footwear is worn. Support poles are a trip hazard and pegs can be sharp.
- Cleaning and user maintenance may not be carried out by unsupervised children.
- Keep passage ways clear.
Scope of delivery
Upright poles – spike at top 4
Peg pack 1
Carry bag 1
The windbreak is suitable for:
- Light to moderate weather
The windbreak not suitable for:
- Very strong winds or snowfall
Seasonal pitch or commercial use This product is only suitable for the intended purpose and application in accordance with these instructions.
This manual provides information that is necessary for proper installation and/or operation of the product. Poor installation and/or improper operating or maintenance will result in unsatisfactory performance and a possible failure.
The manufacturer accepts no liability for any injury or damage to the product resulting from:
- Incorrect assembly or connection, including excess voltage
- Incorrect maintenance or use of spare parts other than original spare parts provided by the manufacturer
- Alterations to the product without express permission from the manufacturer
- Use for purposes other than those described in this manual Kampa reserves the right to change product appearance and product specifications.
Using the windbreak
Before first use
Familiarize yourself with the product by carrying out a test set up before the product is used for the first time. Check if the scope of delivery is complete.
Choosing a site
- Choose a flat site for stability.
- Choose a shaded site to avoid UV degradation of the fabric.
- Avoid pitching under trees as falling branches, resin, etc. can damage the product.
- Clear the site of sharp stones and debris.
- Set up the windbreak with the opening facing away from the wind.
Setting up the windbreak
- The supplied pegs will be suitable for many sites but for some types of ground special pegs will be needed. Ask your dealer.
- Drive the pegs at a 45° angle away from the windbreak into the ground.
- Peg each guy line in-line with the seam they start from.
Keep the following tips in mind while setting up the windbreak:
- The illustrations provide a general overview of the set up. The actual set up will vary slightly based on the model of windbreak.
- Get help. The set up is easier with more people.
- Peg the guy lines so that the windbreak is under tension without distorting the shape.
- Check the guy lines from time to time to ensure adequate tension, if necessary use the runners to adjust.
Set up the windbreak as follows:
- To protect the windbreak from dirt and damage, lay down a groundsheet or footprint before unpacking.
- Unpack the windbreak.
- Separate and identify the different components.
- Proceed as shown to set up the windbreak (fig.1, page 3 to fig.6, page 5).
Dismantling the windbreak
- Remove all dirt from the windbreak.
- Reverse the set-up procedure.
- Ensure that all parts are clean before packing them into the carry bag.
- If the windbreak is wet or damp, dry fully as soon as possible.
Storing the windbreak
• Fully set up the windbreak for cleaning.
• Choose a sunny day for cleaning to ensure the material will dry thoroughly.
- Clean the windbreak.
- Air fully and ensure the windbreak is totally dry before packing away.
- Store in a well ventilated dry place.
Cleaning and maintenance
NOTICE! Material damage
- Do not use sharp or hard objects or cleaning agents for cleaning.
- Do not use alcohol based materials, chemicals, soap and detergents for cleaning.
- Remove bird droppings and tree resin as soon as possible to avoid permanent damage to the material.
- If necessary, clean the product with clean water and a soft brush.
- Apply impregnation against water and UV radiation before each trip.
- During first exposure to water there may be some moisture at the seams. Through this moisture the threads will swell and fill the holes that are created in the sewing process.
- A fully equipped spare parts kit should include:
- Repair tape and repair solution
- Spare pegs
- Place the packaging material in the appropriate recycling waste bins, wherever possible.
- Consult a local recycling center or specialist dealer for details about how to dispose of the product in accordance with the applicable disposal regulations.
The statutory warranty period applies. If the product is defective, please contact the manufacturer’s branch in your country (see kampaoutdoors.com/store-locator) or your retailer.
For repair and warranty processing, please include the following documents when you send in the device:
- A copy of the receipt with purchase date
- A reason for the claim or description of the fault.
The warranty covers manufacturing defects, materials and parts. The warranty does not cover fading of the cover and wear and tear due to UV radiation, misuse, accidental damage, storm damage, or permanent, semi-permanent or commercial use. It does not cover any resulting damage. Please contact your dealer for claims. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Markets | Kampa
- Markets | Kampa
- Doors4Home: Shop Exterior, Interior and Barn Doors For Your Home
- Find a Dealer | Kampa
- Markets | Kampa
- Find a Dealer | Kampa