KitchenAid 5KFP0719 Food Processor
PARTS AND FEATURES
Your safety and the safety of others are very important
We have provided many important safety messages in this manual and on your appliance. Always read and obey all safety messages.
- This is the safety alert symbol.
- This symbol alerts you to potential hazards that can kill or hurt you and others.
- All safety messages will follow the safety alert symbol and either the word “DANGER” or “WARNING.”These words mean:
You can be killed or seriously injured if you don’t immediately follow instructions
You can be killed or seriously injured t if you don’t follow instructions
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
- Read all instructions. Misuse of appliances may result in personal injury.
- To protect against the risk of electrical shock, do not put Food Processor in water or other liquid.
- Unplug from the outlet when not in use, before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning.
- European Union Only: This appliance shall not be used by children. Keep the appliance and its cord out of reach of children.
- European Union Only: Appliances can be used by persons with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons, (including children) with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instructions concerning the use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure they do not play with the appliance.
- Avoid contacting moving parts.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, or after the appliance malfunctions, or is dropped or damaged in any manner. Return appliance to the nearest Authorised Service Facility for examination, repair, or electrical or mechanical adjustment.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- Turn the appliance OFF, then unplug from the outlet when not in use, before assembling or disassembling parts and before cleaning. To unplug, grasp the plug and pull from the outlet. Never pull from the power cord.
- The use of attachments not recommended or sold by KitchenAid may cause fire, electric shock, or injury.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter.
- Be careful if hot liquid is poured into the Food Processor as it can be ejected out of the appliance due to sudden steaming.
- Never leave the appliance unattended while it is in operation.
- Keep hands and utensils away from moving blades or discs while processing food to reduce the risk of severe injury to persons or damage to the Food Processor. A scraper may be used, but must be used only when the Food Processor is not running.
- Blades are sharp. Care should be taken when handling the sharp cutting blades, emptying the jar, and during cleaning.
- To reduce the risk of injury, never place cutting blade or discs on base without first putting bowl properly in place.
- Be certain cover is securely locked in place before operating appliance.
- Never feed food by hand. Always use the food pusher.
- Do not attempt to defeat the cover interlock mechanism.
- Do not fill the bowl above the marked maximum fill line (or rated capacity) to avoid risk of injury due to damage to the cover or bowl.
- Refer to the “Care and Cleaning” section for instructions on cleaning the surfaces in contact with food.
- This appliance is intended to be used in household and similar applications such as:
- staff kitchen areas in shops, offices, or other working environments; farmhouses;
by clients in hotels, motels, and other residential-type environments;
bed and breakfast-type environments.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Instructions are also available online, visit our website at:
www.KitchenAid.co.uk or www.KitchenAid.eu
Voltage: 220-240 V
Frequency: 50-60 HZ
NOTE: If the plug does not fit in the outlet, contact a qualified electrician. Do not modify the plugin anyway.
ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT WASTE DISPOSAL
Disposal of packing material
The packing material is recyclable and is marked with the recycle symbol The various parts of the packing must therefore be disposed of responsibly and in full compliance with local authority regulations governing waste disposal.
Scrapping the product
- This appliance is marked in compliance with European Directive 2012/19/EU, Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE).
- By ensuring this product is disposed of correctly, you will help prevent potential negative consequences for the environment and human health, which could otherwise be caused by inappropriate waste handling of this product.
- The symbol on the product or on the accompanying documentation indicates that it should not be treated as domestic waste but must be taken to an appropriate collection centre for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment.
- For more detailed information about treatment, recovery and recycling of this product, please contact your local city office, your household waste disposal service, or the shop where you purchased the product.
DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY
This appliance has been designed, constructed and distributed in compliance with the safety requirements of EC Directives: 2014/35/EU, 2014/30/EU, 2009/125/EC and 2011/65/EU (RoHS Directive).
ACCESSORIES SELECTION GUIDE
BEFORE FIRST USE
Before using your Food Processor for the first time, wash all parts and accessories either by hand or in the dishwasher (see the “Cleaning the Food Processor” section). Your Food Processor is designed so that all accessories may be stored inside the work bowl.
ASSEMBLING THE FOOD PROCESSOR
IMPORTANT: Place the Food Processor on a dry, level countertop with the controls facing forward. Do not plug in the Food Processor until it is completely assembled.
NOTE: For ease of assembly, install the desired blade or disc before attaching the work bowl cover.
NOTE: Your Food Processor will not operate unless the work bowl cover is fully closed and the work bowl is properly seated on the base.
INSTALLING THE MULTIPURPOSE BLADE OR DOUGH BLADE
INSTALLING THE REVERSIBLE SLICING/SHREDDING DISC OR SLICING BLADE
OPERATING THE FOOD PROCESSOR
Rotating Blade Hazard
Always use a food pusher. Keep ﬁngers out of openings. Keep away from children. Failure to do so can result in amputation or cuts.
Before operating the Food Processor, be sure the Work Bowl, Blades, and Work Bowl Cover are properly assembled on the base (see the “Assembling the Food Processor” section).
USING THE 2-IN-1 FEED TUBE
The 2-in-1 Feed Tube features a 2-Piece Food Pusher. To slice or shred small items, insert the 2-Piece Food Pusher into the feed tube.
Use the small feed tube and pusher to process small or slender items, like single carrots or celery stalks.
To slowly drizzle oil into ingredients, just fill the small pusher with the desired amount of oil. A small hole in the bottom of the pusher will drizzle the oil at a constant rate.
REMOVING PROCESSED FOODS
CARE AND CLEANING
CLEANING THE FOOD PROCESSOR
IMPORTANT: The BPA-free bowl requires special handling. If you choose to use a dishwasher instead of hand washing, please follow these guidelines.
NOTE: If washing the food processor parts by hand, avoid the use of abrasive cleaners or scouring pads. They may scratch or cloud the Work Bowl and Cover.
If your Food Processor should malfunction or fail to operate, check the following:
- Is the Food Processor plugged in?
- Make sure that the Bowl and Lid are properly aligned and locked in place.
- Have you pressed more than one button at the same time?
- Unplug the Food Processor, then plug it back into the outlet.
- Is the fuse in the circuit to the Food Processor in working order? If you have a circuit breaker box, be sure the circuit is closed.
- The Food Processor may need to cool to room temperature. If the speed light turns off and the O/Pulse light flashes, wait until the O/Pulse light turns off and retry. The Food Processor may take from 5 to 15 minutes to cool completely.
- The motor may be locked.
- If the speed light stays on while the O/Pulse light flashes, press the O/Pulse button to reset the motor.
Food Processor not shredding or slicing properly:
- Make sure the raised-blade side of the disc is positioned face up on the drive adapter.
- Make sure ingredients are suitable for slicing or shredding. See the “Tips for Great Results” section.
- Make sure the disc is positioned in the process position (high at the top of the Bowl), and not the storage position (low and inside of the Bowl).
If the work bowl cover won’t close when using the disc:
- Make sure the disc is installed correctly, and is positioned properly on the drive adapter.
- If the problem is not due to one of the above items, see the “Terms of KitchenAid Guarantee (“Guarantee”)” section. Do not return the Food Processor to the retailer. Retailers do not provide service.
TERMS OF KITCHENAID GUARANTEE
Covering U.K. – Ireland – South Africa – UAE
KitchenAid Europa, Inc., Nijverheidslaan 3, Box 5, 1853 Strombeek-Bever, Belgium
(“Guarantor”) grants the end-customer, who is a consumer, a Guarantee pursuant to the following terms.
The Guarantee applies in addition to and does not limit or affect the statutory warranty rights of the end-customer against the seller of the product. In summary, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says products must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your product your legal rights entitle you to the following:
- Up to 30 days: if your product is faulty, then you can get an immediate refund.
- Up to six months: if your product can’t be repaired or replaced, then you’re entitled to a full refund, in most cases.
- Up to six years: if your product does not last a reasonable length of time you may be entitled to some money back.
These rights are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
The Guarantee applies in addition to and does not limit or affect the statutory warranty rights of the end-customer against the seller of the product under the European Communities (Certain Aspects of the Sale of Consumer Goods and Associated Guarantees Regulations 2003 (S.I. No. 11/2003)) and other enactments governing the sale of consumer goods.
FOR SOUTH AFRICA:
The Guarantee applies in addition to and does not limit or affect the statutory warranty rights of the end-customer against the seller of the product. In summary, the Consumer Protection Act, 2008 says that products must be: (i) reasonably suitable for the purpose for which they are intended; (ii) in good working order, of good quality and free of any defects; (iii) useable and durable for a reasonable period of time, having regard to the use to which they would normally be put and to all the surrounding circumstances; and (iv) in compliance with any applicable standards or any other public regulations.
During the expected lifespan of your product and where the products are not purchased online, your legal rights will entitle you to the following:
- You will be entitled to a full refund, if you did not have the opportunity to examine the product before delivery and if you rejected delivery of the product on the basis that the type and quality of the product was not as reasonably expected or did not reasonably conform to the material specifications.
- Within 5 business days after delivery: you may rescind your purchase and request a refund if your purchase resulted from direct marketing.
- Within 10 business days after delivery: you will be entitled to a full refund if it is found that the product was unsuitable for a particular purpose specifically communicated to you by the Guarantor.
- Within 15 business days after delivery: you will be entitled to a refund if: (i) the product was not delivered to you; or (ii) if you return the product to the Guarantor.
- Within 6 months after delivery: you will be entitled to a refund or a replacement product if the product is defective or fails to operate in terms of its specifications.
Where you have purchased a product online your legal rights will be governed by the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 2002 and you will be entitled to the following:
- Within 7 days after the conclusion of the transaction or after delivery: you may cancel your purchase without reason and without penalty.
- Within 30 days of the date of cancellation of the transaction: you will be entitled to receive a refund if you have already made payment.
- You will only be liable for the direct costs of returning the product to the Guarantor.
The Guarantee applies in addition to and does not limit or affect the statutory warranty rights of the end-customer against the seller of the product.
SCOPE AND TERMS OF THE GUARANTEE
- The Guarantor grants the Guarantee for the products mentioned under Section 1.b) which a consumer has purchased from a seller or a company of the KitchenAid-Group within the following countries: U.K., Ireland, or South Africa, or the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
- The Guarantee period depends on the purchased product and is as follows:
5KFP0719 Two years full guarantee from date of purchase.
- The Guarantee period commences on the date of purchase, i.e. the date on which a consumer purchased the product from a dealer or a company of the KitchenAid-Group.
- The Guarantee covers the defect-free nature of the product.
- The Guarantor shall provide the consumer with the following services under this Guarantee, at the choice of the Guarantor, if a defect occurs during the Guarantee period:
- Repair of the defective product or product part, or
- Replacement of the defective product or product part. If a product is no longer available, the Guarantor is entitled to exchange the product for a product of equal or higher value.
- If the consumer wishes to make a claim under the Guarantee, the consumer has to contact the country-specific KitchenAid service centers or the Guarantor directly at KitchenAid Europa, Inc. Nijverheidslaan 3, Box 5, 1853 Strombeek-Bever, Belgium;
Email-Address U.K.: [email protected]
Email-Address IRELAND: [email protected]
Toll-Free Number U.K. & IRELAND: 00 800 381 040 26
Our local KitchenAid Distributor: KitchenAid Africa PO Box 52102 V&A Waterfront Cape Town 8002
Contact our distributor:
Telephone: +27 21 555 0700
You can contact our Customer Service Centre for Small Domestic Appliances
from 8.30 am to 1.00 pm and from 1.30 pm to 5.00 pm or write to us at the following address: [email protected]
AL GANDHI ELECTRONICS.
POST BOX NO. 9098,
DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Toll-free number: +971 4 2570007
- The costs of repair, including spare parts, and any postage costs (if applicable) for the delivery of a defect-free product or product part shall be borne by the Guarantor. The Guarantor shall also bear the postage costs for returning the defective product or product part if the Guarantor or the country-specific KitchenAid customer service center requested the return of the defective product or product part. However, the consumer shall bear the costs of appropriate packaging for the return of the defective product or product part.
- To be able to make a claim under the Guarantee, the consumer must present the receipt or invoice of the purchase of the product.
LIMITATIONS OF THE GUARANTEE
- The Guarantee applies only to products used for private purposes and not for professional or commercial purposes.
The Guarantee does not apply in the case of normal wear and tear, improper or abusive use, failure to follow the instructions for use, use of the product at the wrong electrical voltage, installation and operation in violation of the applicable electrical regulations, and use of force (e.g. blows).
- The Guarantee does not apply if the product has been modified or converted, e.g. conversions from 120 V products to 220-240 V products.
- The provision of Guarantee services does not extend the Guarantee period, nor does it initiate the commencement of a new Guarantee period. The Guarantee period for installed spare parts ends with the Guarantee period for the entire product.
- FOR SOUTH AFRICA & UAE ONLY:
Further or other claims, in particular claims for damages, are excluded unless liability is mandatory by law.
- After the expiry of the Guarantee period or for products for which the Guarantee does not apply, the KitchenAid customer service centers are still available to the end-customer for questions and information.
Further information is also available on our website:
- For U.K. & Ireland www.KitchenAid.EU
- For South-Africa: www.kitchenaidafrica.com
- For UAE: www.KitchenAid-MEA.com
Register your new KitchenAid appliance now: http://www.kitchenaid.eu/register