QUICK START GUIDE
Kogan UltraFreeze Ice Cube Maker (Stainless Steel)
KA19L ICEM KB
SAFETY & WARNINGS
- Read all instructions before using the appliance and retain them for reference.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Do not use outside of indoor household use as described in this manual.
- Do not use with an extension cord unless necessary, and if so, ensure it is suitably rated and it is handled safely as is the product’s own power cord:
- Do not allow the power cord to be exposed to water, heat, direct sunlight or overhang where it can be pulled or otherwise be damaged or pose a hazard.
- This appliance contains no user-serviceable parts. If it suffers any failure or damage, cease usage and contact Kogan Support after consulting the Troubleshooting section of this manual.
- Do not touch the evaporator while making ice to avoid frostbite.
- Unplug while not in use.
- Never store or use gas and other flammable articles near the ice maker.
- Top lid
- Air outlet
- Viewing window
- Ice tray
- Ice shovel
- Ice basket
- Ice scoop
- Control panel
- Max level indicator
- Water reservoir
- Drain plug
- Infrared LED
- Infrared receiver
|ON/OFF||ICE||ICE FULL||ADD WATER|
|Start or stop the appliance||Blinks in standby mode, solid when operating||Lit when the ice basket is full||Lit when the water reservoir is empty|
Before first use
- Unpack the appliance, then check to ensure that all the accessories are included. If not, contact Kogan Support.
- Install the ice maker on a stable, level surface with sufficient ventilation (at least 25cm), far from heat sources such as ovens, heaters and corrosive gases to ensure good operation.
- The ice maker cabinet should never exceed 45°. Do not turn upside down. This can cause the compressor or refrigerating system to operate incorrectly. Please allow time for the fluids in the compressor to settle after the ice maker is moved or transported (at least 30 minutes). Before using the ice maker for the first time, please wait for 2 hours after installation.
- Clean before first use. (See “Cleaning & Care”)
- Do not fill the water reservoir with hot water. This may damage the ice maker. It is best to fill the water reservoir with water of room temperature or lower.
- Do not use the appliance in very cold environments (lower than 5°C).
How to use
Ensure that the drain plug at the bottom of the water reservoir is closed well.
- Plug the ice maker into the wall outlet: the “Ice” indicator will blink.
- Open the top lid and remove the ice basket.
- Fill the water reservoir with drinking water.
- Replace the ice basket and close the top lid.
- Press “On/Off” and the “Ice” indicator will become solid.
- The ice-making cycle will last approximately 7-15 minutes, depending on the ambient temperature and water temperature.
- The ice-making cycle starts with water being pumped into the ice tray situated below the evaporator. Over the next 7-15 minutes ice forms on the evaporator. Once this has been completed, the ice tray will tilt backwards and the remaining water in the ice tray is drained back into the water reservoir. The ice cubes are then dropped from the evaporator and pushed forward into the ice basket by the ice shovel. The ice tray will automatically move back into position under the evaporator and start the next cycle.
- The “Ice Full” indicator will light up when the ice basket is full and the ice maker will stop the ice-making cycle automatically. Gently remove the ice from the ice basket with the ice scoop. About 5 seconds later, the ice maker will restart its ice-making function automatically.
- The “Add Water” indicator will light up when the water reservoir is out of the water and the ice-making cycle will stop automatically. At that time, remove the ice basket and add water to the water reservoir, and then press “On/Off’ again to restart the ice-making cycle.
- When the desired amount of ice has been made, stop the ice-making cycle by pressing “On/Off’ and unplug the unit from the wall outlet.
- Open the top lid and transfer the ice to a freezer. Note: The ice will last in the ice maker for up to 18 hours, depending on ambient temperature.
- Allow the ice maker to reach room temperature. 14. It is best to replace the water once a week. Empty the water reservoir if the ice maker will not be used for a tong time.
|Dimensions (D x W x H)||348 x 248 x 290mm|
CLEANING & CARE
To keep your ice tasting fresh and your ice maker looking great, it is recommended to dean the ice maker once per week.
- Stop the ice-making cycle by pressing “On/Off”, unplug the ice maker from the wall outlet and allow it to warm up to room temperature.
- If residual water is found in the ice tray, gently push the ice tray back so that all water drains into the water reservoir.
- Move the appliance 75mm away from the working table and open the drain plug to drain out excess water (see images below).
- Remove the ice basket.
- Clean the ice maker interior with a soft cloth soaked with warm water and vinegar, then rinse with dean water and then drain all the water.
- Replace the drain plug firmly. Wash the ice basket and ice scoop in warm soapy Rinse and dry.
- Clean the exterior of the ice maker with a soft damp cloth. Use a mild dishwashing soap, if necessary.
- Do not use organic solvent, boiled water, detergent, strong acid, and strong alkali for cleaning.
- Do not clean the evaporator.
- Please empty the water reservoir and dry it for storage if the ice maker is not used for a long time.
|Issue||Possible cause||Steps to resolve|
|“Add Water” indicator lit||Insufficient water||Refill the water reservoir and restart|
|The water screen at the bottom of the water reservoir blocked||Clean|
|Pump malfunction||Contact Kogan support|
|“Ice Full” indicator lit||The ice basket is full||Remove ice from ice basket|
|The infrared LED and receiver not working||Clean infrared LED and receiver, then restart ice maker|
|“Add Water” and “Ice Full” indicators lit||The ice tray is not in the correct position||1. Ensure the ice tray is unobstructed
2. Unplug, reconnect, and restart the appliance
|Ice clumps together||Icemaking taking too long||Stop icemaking and restart the cycle after the ice melts|
|Water temperature too low||Refill, ensure water is between 8- 25°C|
|The Icemaking cycle runs as normal but no ice is produced||Ambient temperature or water temperature too high||Restart in an environment with an ambient temperature of less than 32°C and refill with cold water|
|Refrigeration system leaking||Contact Kogan support|
|Refrigeration system blocked||Contact Kogan support|
|Poor icemaking results||Poor heat dissipation||Leave at least 25cm clearance on all sides for proper ventilation|
|Excessive water temperature||Refill, ensure water is between 8- 25°C|
|Excessive ambient temperature||Restart in an environment with ambient temperature >32°C|
|Ice getting stuck||Occasional occurrence in low temperatures||The unit will automatically enter standby after three instances of ice sticking and will run again automatically after 20mins|
If the above steps do not resolve an issue you are facing, contact Kogan support.
Need more information?
This is a Quick Start Guide, and we hope that this has given you the assistance needed for a simple setup.
For the most up-to-date guide for your product, as well as any additional assistance you may require, head online to help.kogan.com