LAKELAND 32883 Battery Free Foldable Kitchen Scale
BATTERY-FREE FOLDABLE SCALE
Thank you for choosing the Lakeland Battery Free Foldable Scale.
This battery-free, self-powered – ‘open, close, open’ motion charge scale is equipped with high precision, strain-gauge sensor system and has an easy-to-read LCD display.
Carefully read all the instructions before using the scales and keep in a safe place for future reference. Always follow these safety cautions when using the scales to avoid personal injury or damage to the appliance. These scales should be used only as described on this instruction sheet.
- This scale is for household use only. It is not suitable for commercial or professional use. The scale must only be used for its intended purpose of weighing food.
- Place the scale on a solid, level surface.
- Treat the scale with care; it is a precision instrument. Do not drop it.
- Take care not to spill water or any liquid on the scale as this may damage the electronics. Never immerse the scale in water and do not use scourers or chemical/abrasive cleaners.
- Never attempt to take the scale apart or open it up. If the scale shows any sign of damage or is working incorrectly, call the helpline on 015394 88100 to arrange a repair by an authorised repairer, or a replacement. Never try to repair the scale yourself.
- Do not put the scale under wet, frozen, or heated conditions.
- Do not overload or put heavy items on the scale, otherwise, the sensor will be damaged.
- Do not store the scale in an upright position.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
‘Open, close, open’ the arms several times in order to generate power ready for using the scale.
Press the ‘UNIT’ button on the base to choose the ‘unit’ you require before weighing, in units of g, oz, water-ml and milk-ml.
Place the scales on a firm, flat surface. Then put a bowl on the opened out ‘arms’. The LCD display will show the weight of the bowl.
Touch the ‘TARE’ function to clear the weight of the bowl (reset to ‘0’).
Put the food into the bowl, the LCD display will show the food weight only. Repeat this function to weigh other ingredients in the same bowl.
When the bowl is removed from the scale, the screen will display a negative value. Touch the ‘TARE’ function again and after 2 seconds the display will show a zero value.
Capacity: Min 4g/0.15oz/3ml Max 5000g/176oz/5000ml
|Unit||Minimum Weight||Maximum Weight||Increments of|
CARE AND CLEANING
To clean the scale, wipe it with a slightly damp cloth, then buff with a soft, dry cloth. Never immerse the scale in water or liquid, and do not use chemical/abrasive cleaners or scourers as they will damage the finish. Caution: Never attempt to take the scale apart or open it up.
When the screen indicates an empty battery symbol it will turn off after a few seconds. Open, close, open the arms a couple of times to recharge.
If the screen says ‘EEEE’ – the scale is overloaded. Remove food or bowl immediately to avoid permanent damage. The maximum capacity is 5000g/176oz.
Please make sure the scale is placed on a flat and hard surface.
RECYCLING YOUR ELECTRICALS
Along with many other high street retailers, Lakeland has joined a scheme whereby customers can take their unwanted electrical products to recycling points set up around the country.
Visit www.recycle-more.co.uk to find your nearest recycling point.
Lakeland, Alexandra Buildings, Windermere, Cumbria LA23 1BQ
Call us on 015394 88100, email us at email@example.com Visit us at lakeland.co.uk