LANOX LA-300A 1400W 3.2L Air Fryer
- Circular Air Inlet
- Control Panel
- Basket Handle with Release Button
- Air Outlet
- Power Cord
Information on these Operating Manual
Thank you for choosing a LANOX device. We hope you enjoy testing and cooking with this modern hot air fryer.
Before using the device for the first time, please read the operating manual and especially the safety information. Please keep the operating manual and include them when you pass on or borrow the device. It is a part of the device.
The manufacturer and importer assume no liability if the information in these instructions for use is not observed.
This hot-air fryer offers an easy and healthy way to prepare your favorite food. Numerous dishes can be prepared by using rapid hot air circulation and a top grill. The best part is that the hot-air fryer heats food from all directions and most of the ingredients do not require oil.
The device may only be used to cook or deep-fry suitable foods. It should not be used to heat large amounts of fat, oil or other liquids.
The device is only intended for private use and not for commercial purposes.
Use the device only as described in these operating instructions. Any further use is considered improper. Incorrect operation and improper handling can lead to malfunctions on the device and to injuries to the user.
Excluded from the guarantee are all defects caused by improper handling, damage or attempted repair. This also applies to normal wear and tear.
Warning: Please read all safety notices, instructions, illustrations, and technical data.
Attention: Risk of injury!
- This device can be used by children from 8 years of age and persons with limited physical, sensory, or mental capabilities or a lack of experience and/or knowledge if they are supervised or have been instructed in the safe use of the device and have understood the resulting dangers.
- Children are not allowed to play with the device.
- Cleaning and maintenance by the user may only be carried out by children who are older than 8 years and who are supervised.
- Keep the device and its cable out of the reach of children under 8 years of age.
- Danger of suffocation! Keep children and animals away from plastic bags and foils.
Caution: Hot surfaces. The surfaces are liable to get hot during use.
- Warning: This electrical device has a heating function. Surfaces that differ from the user interfaces can develop high temperatures. As temperatures are perceived differently by different people, this device must be used with caution. The device may only be touched by the handles and gripping surfaces provided and should be used with heat protection such as gloves or similar. Surfaces other than the intended gripping surfaces must have sufficient time to cool down before they are touched.
- The temperature of accessible surfaces can be high when the device is in operation. Do not touch hot surfaces.
Caution: Risk of electric shock!
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be observed, including the following:
- Check whether the voltage specified on the device corresponds to the local mains voltage.
- The device can operate at 50Hz or 60Hz with no difference and no adjustment is required. Only connect the appliance to a single-phase socket with the main voltage as specified on the rating plate.
- To protect against electric shock, do not immerse the cord, plug or base in water or other liquids.
- Never immerse the housing, which contains electrical components and heating elements, in water or rinse it under the tap.
- Do not let any water or other liquid enter the appliance to prevent electric shock.
- Do not use the device if the plug, power cord or other parts are damaged. The power cord should be regularly examined for signs of damage.
- If the power cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, a service employee, or a similarly qualified person in order to avoid a hazard.
- Do not let the cable hang over the edge of the table or counter and do not touch hot surfaces.
- Keep the power cord away from hot surfaces.
- Do not connect the device and do not operate the control panel with wet hands.
- Always pull out the power plug when you are not using the device.
Attention: Danger on fire!
- Do not cover the air inlet or the external air openings while the device is in operation.
- Do not fill the pan with oil or fat, as this can create a fire hazard.
- Do not place the device against a wall or against other devices. Leave at least 15cm of free space on the back, 10cm of space to the sides, and 20cm of space above the device.
- Do not stand or lay anything on the device.
- Do not leave the device to work unattended.
- Do not place the device on or near a hot gas or electric burner or in a heated oven.
- Do not use the device in rooms with highly flammable or explosive substances.
- Do not operate the device in the vicinity of flammable material. Do not place any flammable materials (e.g. cardboard, paper, plastic, cloths) on or in the device.
- Immediately pull the power plug out of the socket if dark smoke is emitted from the device. Wait until the smoke has stopped before removing the pan from the appliance.
- Do not connect the device with other loads (with high wattage) to a multiple sockets in order to avoid overloading and possibly a short circuit (fire).
- Make sure that the device is on a horizontal, level, and stable surface.
Attention: Other dangers!
- This device is intended for domestic use only.
- If the device is used improperly or for professional or semi-professional purposes or if it is not used in accordance with the instructions in the user manual, the guarantee claim expires, and the manufacturer and importer can decline any liability for damage caused.
- The device takes about 30 minutes to cool down in order to be able to use or clean it safely.
- The use of accessories that are not recommended by the device manufacturer can cause injury.
- Do not use the device outdoors.
- Only use the device for its intended purpose.
- The air fryer must not be operated with an external timer or a separate remote control.
- Always put the ingredients to be fried in the basket and pay attention to the filling quantity so that they do not come into contact with the heating elements.
- Never touch the inside of the device while it is in operation.
- This device is intended for use at altitudes not exceeding 2000 m.
The hot air fryer consists of the actual air fryer and a removable pan with basket and handle and a fixed power cord. See also device overview on page 2.
Please ensure that the scope of delivery is complete and that there is no transport damage. If the device or device parts are damaged do not use the device and contact the customer service.
Before initial use
- a) Remove all packing materials.
- b) Remove all stickers and films from the device. Please do not remove the rating plate on the bottom of the device!
- c) Thoroughly clean the basket and pan with hot water, a little washing-up liquid and a non-abrasive sponge.
- d) Wipe the device inside and out with a damp cloth.
This is an oil-free hot-air fryer that uses hot air and a grill. Do not fill the pan with oil or fat!
Preparation for use
- a) Place the device on a stable, horizontal, and level surface.
Do not place the device on a non-heat-resistant surface or in front of a non-heat-resistant wall!
Make sure you leave enough space during or up to 30 minutes after operation. To the left and right of the device at least 10cm, to the rear at least 15cm, to the top at least 20cm.
- b) Put the basket in the pan (Figure B○)
This is an oil-free hot-air fryer that uses hot air and a grill. Do not fill the pan with oil or fat!
- c) Push the pan with basket into the device (Figure C○)
Do not place anything on the device so that the air flow is not interrupted, and the result of the hot air frying is not impaired.
- d) Connect the power plug to a grounded outlet.
Using the hot-air fryer in operation
This oil-free air fryer can cook a wide variety of dishes. You can find recipe ideas here in Chapter 8 or on the Internet at www.lanox-home.com.
- a) Carefully pull the pan out of the air fryer (Figure E○)
- b) Put the ingredients in the basket (Figure C○)
- c) Push the pan and basket back into the hot-air fryer (Figure D○). Please pay attention to the guide rail inside the deep fryer.
Never use the pan without a basket.
Warning: do not touch the pan and basket during and for some time after use as they will get very hot. Hold the pan and basket only by the handle.
- d) Determine the required cooking time for the ingredient (see section “Settings” in this chapter).
- e) Some ingredients must be shaken halfway through the preparation time (see section “Settings” in this chapter). To shake the ingredients, pull the pan out of the appliance by the handle and shake it. Then slide the pan back into the fryer.
Caution: Do not press the button on the handle while shaking (Item 6, Figure ○A ).
Tip: To reduce weight, you can take the basket out of the pan and just shake the basket. To do this, pull the pan out of the appliance, place it on a heat-resistant surface, press the handle
button (Item 6, Figure A○) and lift the basket out of the pan.
- f) When you hear the timer bell, the set cooking time has expired. Pull the pan out of the appliance and place it on a wire shelf or other suitable heat-resistant surface.
- g) Check that the ingredients are done cooking.
If the ingredients are not ready, just slide the pan back into the appliance and set the timer for a few extra minutes.
- h) To remove ingredients (e.g. French fries), pull the pan out of the air fryer and place it on a suitable heat-resistant surface. Press the basket release button and lift the basket out of the pan.
Do not turn the basket over while the pan is still attached as excess oil that has built up at the bottom of the pan can spill onto the ingredients. The pan and the ingredients are hot. Depending on the type of ingredients in the hot-air fryer, steam can escape from the pan!
- i) Empty the basket in a bowl or on a plate.
Tip: To remove large or fragile ingredients, use tongs to lift the ingredients out of the basket.
- j) When a batch of ingredients is ready, the hot-air fryer is immediately ready to prepare another batch.
Using the Control Panel (refer to device overview on page 2)
- Button ○1 – Power Button
Once the pan and basket are properly placed in the main unit body, the power button will illuminate. Pressing the on / off button for 3 seconds sets the standard temperature of the appliance to 200°C, while the default cooking time is set to 15 minutes. If you select the power button a second time, the cooking process will start. Press the power button for 3 seconds to turn off the entire device during the cooking process. All lights go out, the fan switches off after a short run-on time.
Note: During cooking, you can touch this button to stop.
- Button ○2 – Preset Button
This button allows you to choose from 8 preset programs for the most popular foods. After the selection, the specified time and temperature function begins.
- Indicator lights ○11 – ○18 – Recipe indicator
Recipe indicator of 8 preset programs for the most popular foods. Press the presetting button (button 2○) to select desired preset program.
- Buttons ○3 & ○4 – Temperature Control Buttons
Use the + and – buttons to increase or decrease the temperature by 5°C. Keeping a button held down will rapidly change the temperature setting. Temperature control range: 80°C – 200°C.
- Button ○5 & ○6 – Timer Control Buttons
- Use the + and – buttons to lengthen or shorten the cooking time by one minute. Keeping a button held down will rapidly change the time setting. The duration is adjustable up to a maximum of 60 minutes.
- Indicator light ○7
Heating indicator: The symbol lights up when heating.
- Indicator light ○8
Fan indicator: Symbol lights up when the internal fan is running.
- Indicator light ○9
- Temperature indicator: The temperature is shown in display field ○19 .
- Indicator light ○10
- Timer indicator: The remaining time is shown in display field ○19 .
The following table will help you to select the basic settings for the respective ingredients.
Note: Please note that these settings are guidelines. Since the ingredients differ in quantity, size, shape and other properties, we cannot guarantee the optimal setting for your ingredients.
We recommend checking the cooking process a few minutes before the end of the cooking time. Since the hot air technology immediately heats up the air inside the appliance, it does not interfere with the cooking process if you briefly pull the pan out of the appliance during hot air frying.
- Smaller ingredients usually require a slightly shorter preparation time than larger ingredients.
- A larger amount of ingredients only requires a slightly longer preparation time, a smaller amount of ingredients only requires a slightly shorter preparation time.
- Shaking smaller ingredients halfway through preparation time optimizes the result and can help avoid unevenly fried ingredients.
- Add shortly before frying a little oil to fresh potatoes for a crispy result.
- Do not prepare extremely fatty ingredients in the hot-air fryer.
- Snacks that can be prepared in the oven can also be prepared in the air fryer.
- The optimal amount for preparing crispy fries is 400g.
- Use the pre-made dough to prepare filled snacks quickly and easily. The pre-made dough also requires a shorter preparation time than homemade dough.
- Place a baking tin or oven dish in the hot air frying basket if you want to bake a cake or a quiche or fry fragile or filled ingredients.
- You can also use the air fryer to reheat ingredients. To reheat the ingredients, set the temperature to 150°C for up to 10 minutes.
- Health advice: Fresh potatoes and foods that could possibly produce acrylamide should be fried at a maximum temperature of 180°C. For the same reason, foods should be fried light brown /golden brown rather than dark brown.
|Recommended Settings||Min-Max Amount (g)||Time* (Min.)||Temperature (°C)||Shake||Further Information|
|Thin Frozen Fries||400-500||18-21||180||Shake|
|Thick Frozen Fries||400-500||21-26||180||Shake|
|Meat & Poultry|
|Spring Rolls||100-500||8-10||200||Shake||Use oven-ready|
|Frozen Fish Finger||100-500||6-10||200||Use oven-ready|
|Frozen Bread Crumbed Cheese
|Cake||400||20-25||160||Use Cake Pan|
|Quiche||500||20-22||180||Use Cake Pan / Casserole
|Muffins||7 pcs||12-14||180||Use Cake Pan|
|Sweet Snacks||500||20||160||Use Cake Pan / Casserole
*Note: If the air fryer is preheated, you can deduct 2 minutes from the cooking time.
Here are some recipe ideas. You can find more recipes and tips on the Internet at www.lanox-home.com.
a) Homemade French Fries
Ingredients: 600g potatoes (suitable for French fries), 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil, ½ teaspoon of salt, 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- Peel the potatoes.
- Cut each potato lengthways into 10 mm thick slices. Then cut slices into pegs that are also about 10mm wide.
- Cover the potatoes with cold water and let them soak for 5 minutes to release excess starch. Then drain and cover with boiling water (or put in a bowl of boiled water). Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and place them on paper towels. Dab off the excess water and let cool completely for at least 10 minutes. Put in a dry bowl. Drizzle with oil, season with cayenne pepper and mix well.
- Preheat the air fryer to 180°C. Put the potatoes in the frying basket and distribute them evenly. Let it fry for 15 minutes. Pull out the pan with the basket and mix the fries together; continue to fry for another 10 minutes until golden brown. Mix the fries with salt in a bowl.
b) Onion rings
Ingredients: 1 large white onion, 1 cup of milk, 2 cups of normal flour, 2 beaten eggs, 2 cups of breadcrumbs, salt to taste, oil as desired
- Cut the onion into approximately 1.5 cm thick slices.
- Place the onions in a shallow bowl and pour the milk over them. Let them rest and soak for 1-2 hours.
- Prepare a bowl for the flour, a separate bowl for the beaten eggs, and another bowl for the breadcrumbs. Add a pinch of salt to the breadcrumbs.
- Dip the onions in the flour and shake off any excess flour.
- Then dip the onions in the egg bowl and let them drain.
- Spread the onions in breadcrumbs.
- Place evenly in the hot-air fryer. At this point, you can add a little salt. Fry the onion rings in the air fryer at 200°C for about 5 minutes on each side or until crispy.
- If you prefer a little more tan, brush the onion rings with a little cooking oil.
c) Grilled Sausages
Ingredients: 6 Sausages (e.g. beef, chicken or pork, not too greasy)
- Preheat the air fryer to 180°C.
- Pierce each sausage a few times with a knife and then place them side by side in the frying basket.
- Let them fry for 8-12 minutes, turning the sausages halfway through the cooking time until they are brown and cooked through.
d) Veal roulade
Ingredients for 1 portion: 150g veal escalope, 1 tbsp tomato paste, 50g long slice of zucchini, 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds chopped, 1 teaspoon oregano, ½ chili pod finely chopped, 1 tbsp rosemary oil, salt and pepper
- Pound the veal escalope thinly.
- Salt, pepper and spread with tomato paste.
- Cover with a zucchini slice.
- Sprinkle with oregano and pumpkin seeds.
- Flavor with chili and rosemary oil.
- Wrap into a roll and secure with a small meat skewer or toothpick.
- Preheat the hot air fryer for 1 minute (maximum temperature).
- Place the veal roulade in the frying basket and cook at 160 ° C for 25 minutes.
e) Asparagus quiche with green asparagus
Ingredients for 2 portions: 5-6 stalks of green asparagus, 300g flour, 200g grated Gouda, 250ml cream, 150ml creme fraiche with herbs, 4 eggs, 125g butter, 70g fresh peas, 1 small bunch of parsley, 1 tbsp lemon juice, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and nutmeg, water, pizza tray* approx. 20cm in diameter (Depending on the deep fryer).
- Mix the flour in a bowl with butter, ½ teaspoon salt, two eggs and 5 tablespoons cold water and knead well until a firm dough is formed. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Wash the asparagus, cut off the ends approx. 2 cm, if necessary, peel the lower area and cut into 4 to 5 cm long pieces. Boil the pieces in salted water for 2 to 3 minutes and drain.
- Mix 2 eggs, cream and creme fraiche in a bowl. Add the peas and finely chopped parsley. Season with salt, cayenne pepper and nutmeg and stir well.
- Line the pizza tray with baking paper (cut round) and roll out half of the dough. Press the dough into the corners, a little higher at the edge. Poke holes in the dough with a fork.
- Spread half of the filling and of the asparagus evenly on the dough.
- Sprinkle with grated Gouda cheese.
- Place the pizza tray in the frying basket and bake at 160 ° C for 30 minutes. Check and if necessary, leave to bake for another 5 minutes.
- Repeat steps 4 to 7 for the second portion. Tip: the dough and the filling can also be prepared and stored in the refrigerator.
f) Nut muffin
Ingredients for 7 Muffin: 3 eggs, 75g yogurt, 75g flour, 50g grated nuts, 3 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons walnut oil (alternatively sunflower oil), muffin tins*.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Fill into 7 muffin tins*.
- Preheat the air fryer for at least 1 minute.
- Muffin at 180° C for 16 minutes.
Clean the device after each use.
The pan, basket and the inside of the device have a non-stick coating: Please do not use any metal kitchen utensils or abrasives for cleaning to clean them, as this may damage the non-stick coating.
- Pull the power plug out of the socket and let the device cool down. Note: Remove the pan to allow the air fryer to cool down faster.
- Wipe the outside of the device with a damp cloth.
- Clean the pan and basket with hot water, a little washing-up liquid and a non-abrasive sponge. You can use kitchen-grade degreasing liquid to remove any remaining dirt.
Note: The pan and basket are dishwasher-proof.
Tip: If dirt sticks to the basket or the bottom of the pan, fill the pan with hot water and a little washing-up liquid. Place the basket in the pan and let the pan and basket soak for approximately 10 minutes.
- Clean the inside of the device with hot water and a non-abrasive sponge.
- Clean the heating element with a cleaning brush to remove any food residues.
- Pull the power plug out of the socket and let the device cool down.
- Assure all parts are clean and dry.
Disposal and environmental protection
Disposal of the transport packaging
The packaging protects the device from damage in transit. Packaging is a valuable raw material and can be recycled. Returning the packaging to the material cycle saves raw materials and reduces the amount of waste. You can return the packaging either to your specialist dealer or directly to a recycling center.
Disposal of the device
This marking indicates that this product must not be disposed of with other household waste throughout the EU. To avoid possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, recycle it responsibly to promote the sustainable reuse of material resources. To return your used device, please use the return and collection system or contact the dealer from whom the product was purchased.
If the device does not work properly, check whether you can solve the problem yourself using the table below. If the above steps do not solve the problem, please contact customer service.
Warning: Please do not try to repair an electrical device yourself!!
|The hot-air fryer
does not work
|The device is not plugged in.||Insert the power plug into an earthed
You have not set the timer.
|Set time with Timer Button ○5 + ○6 in Control Panel to preferred cooking time.|
|The ingredients fried with the hot-air fryer are not done.||The amount of ingredients in the basket are too big.||Put smaller amounts of ingredients in the basket. Smaller batches are fried more evenly.|
The set temperature is too low.
|Set temperature with Button ○3 + ○4 in
Control Panel to the required preparation time.
|The preparation time is too short.||Set time with Button ○5 + ○6 in Control Panel to the required preparation time.|
|The ingredients are fried unevenly in the
|Certain types of ingredients need to be shaken halfway
through the preparation time.
|Ingredients that lie on top of or across each other (e.g. fries) need to be shaken halfway
through the preparation time.
|Fried snacks are not crispy when they come out of the air
|You used a type of snacks meant to be prepared in a traditional deep fryer.||
Use oven snacks or lightly brush some oil onto the snacks for a crispier result.
|I cannot slide the
pan into the appliance properly.
|There are too many ingredients in the basket.||Do not fill the basket with too many ingredients.|
|The basket is not placed in the pan correctly.||Push the basket down into the pan until you hear a click.|
White smoke comes out of the appliance.
You are preparing greasy ingredients.
|When you fry greasy ingredients in the air fryer, a large amount of oil will leak into the pan. The oil produces white smoke and the pan may heat up more than usual. This does
not affect the appliance or the end result.
|The pan still contains grease residues from previous use.||White smoke is caused by grease heating up in the pan. Make sure you clean the pan properly after each use.|
|French fries are fried unevenly in the air
|You did not use the right potato type.||Use fresh potatoes and make sure they stay firm during frying.|
|You did not rinse the potato
sticks properly before you fried them.
|Rinse the potato sticks properly to remove starch from the outside of the sticks.|
|French fries are not crispy when they come out of the air
|The crispiness of the fries depends on the amount of oil and water in the fries.||Make sure you dry the potato sticks properly before you add the oil.|
|Cut the potato sticks smaller for a crispier
|Add slightly more oil for a crispier result.|
- Model: LA-300A
- Voltage: 220V-240V, ~50/60Hz
- Wattage: 1400W
- Capacity of the basket: 3,2 litres
- Adjustable temperature range: 80°C to 200°C Timer: 1 minute to 60 minutes
Guarantee and customer service
If you have any questions or need support, please visit us online at www.lanox-home.com or contact your local dealer or authorized service center. For warranty, customer service, and logistics you can contact us in writing at:
Tilburg Straße 13
E-Mail: [email protected]
The importer is the following company:
Johanneskirchner Str. 93