Mastercool High Precision Charging Scale
HIGH PRECISION CHARGING SCALE INSTRUCTIONS
WARNING! WEAR GOGGLES AND GLOVES
- When removing the cylinder, make sure the hex scale adapter does not unthread from the scale.
- Avoid leaving liquid refrigerant in tube. Liquid in the tube and an increase in temperature could cause the pressure to increase high enough to cause damage to the tube and scale. The check valve in the 1/4” flare fitting on the scale platform allows the cylinder to be removed to draw any liquid in the tube into the system.
- Open the battery cover and insert 3 AAA batteries according to the polarity indicated in the battery compartment.
- Press the ON/OFF/TARE key. The display will show “88888” and transition to “0”
- Connect the brass hex cylinder scale adapter to the scale. Hold scale tray by hand while tightening. Be sure it is tight and secure.
NOTE: Do not over tighten.
- Attach the refrigerant cylinder to the brass hex cylinder scale adapter, please make sure the threads fit properly without any cross threading. With the valve on the hose closed, hold the cylinder so the cylinder fitting is up and hold the scale upside down. Turn the cylinder into the scale fitting. This way, the small amount of refrigerant that leaks out while tightening will be vapor. Refrigerant will begin to flow through the scale into the tube.
- FIRST TIME USE: Partially open the valve, at the end of the nylon tube to purge the air. Once the refrigerant starts to flow, close the valve immediately.
NOTE: Should you decide to use different refrigerant you must purge the current refrigerant from the hose and repeat the above steps with the new refrigerant.
This scale is designed with a TARE WEIGHING function. Press the ON/OFF/TARE key, the display will transition to “0.”
Connect the valve to the system and open the valve to charge. The scale will start displaying the weight of the material being removed from the cylinder. When a sufficient amount of charge is reached, close the valve and disconnect it from the system. NOTE: You may leave the cylinder on the scale or disconnect it from the scale.
You can change the weight unit by pressing the UNIT key.
When you finish the operation, you can turn off the scale by pressing and holding the ON/OFF/TARE key. This scale is designed with an auto-off function to save the battery power. It automatically turns off its power if the scale is not used
within 3 hours.
If “ ” message appears in the display when attempting to weigh, replace the scale’s 3 AAA batteries according to the polarity indicated in the battery compartment.
CALIBRATING THE DEVICE
- In power off mode, press the UNIT and ON/OFF/TARE key simultaneously to turn the scale on, when a count value is seen, release the two keys.
- Press the ON/OFF/TARE key, LCD will show “ZERO” then calibration weight 5000 g.
- Place a 5 kg weight on the platform, press the ON/OFF/TARE key, the LCD will show “CAL” then “PASS”, calibration is completed.
NOTE: Mastercool recommends using a certified 5 kg weight for the best accuracy.
- After calibration is complete, the scale will go back to weighing mode, the LCD will show the weight on the platform.
- This scale is manufactured and adjusted precisely. Do not dismantle the scale or subject it to any strong shock or vibration.
- Do not use the scale in direct sunlight and keep it away from hot appliances such as an oven, stove etc.
- When the scale is to be used in a new location where the temperature differs from the previous location by 36˚F (20˚C) or more, leave the scale in the new location for at least 2 hours before using it.
- When the scale is dirty, wipe the scale with a damp cloth.
- When the scale is not used for a long period of time, remove the batteries.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including naphthalene, lead and lead compounds, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
REPLACE OR REPAIRABLE PARTS BREAKDOWN