MEEC TOOLS 010988 Moisture MeterSAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
- Always take basic safety precautions including the following when using battery-powered products to reduce the risk of fire, battery leakage, personal injury, anor material damage.
- Never attempt to open the battery.
- Do not store the battery where the temperature can exceed 40° C.
- Recycle used batteries in accordance with local regulations.
- Do not burn batteries.
- Extreme conditions can result in battery leakage. Wipe off any fluid leaking from a battery with a cloth, and avoid skin contact.
Read the instructions.
|Approved in accordance with the relevant directives.|
|Recycle discarded products in accordance with local regulations.|
- Battery: 4 x 1.5 V AAA (LR03)
- Screen (backlit): LCD
- Power consumption, operation: 10 mA
- Temperature range: Oto 40° C
- Resolution: 0.1%
- Precision, conductivity measuring: ±2%
- Ambient temperature* :Oto 40°
- Ambient temperature:** -10 to so·c
- Humidity max: 80% RH
- Automatic power-off:*** Yes
- Protection rating: IP20
Operation Transport, and storage After 2 minutes of inactivity
- Protective cover
- Measuring tips
- Moisture quotient
- Ambient temperature
- Detection mode
- Selection of temperature unit and Max/Min value
- Mode selector button
- Power switch (On/Off}/Lock button
- Light off/on
Inserting the battery
- Open the battery cover on the back of the product.
- Insert four 1.5 V batteries size AAA with the correct polarity.
- Close the flap.
STARTING AND SWITCHING OFF
Press the power switch to start the moisture meter and press the button for 3 seconds to switch it off.
Move the power switch on the side of the product to switch on the lighting.
SELECTION OF TEMPERATURE UNIT
Press the °C/° F button to switch between showing the temperature in ° C and ° F.
Press the button ° C/° F for 3 seconds to show the maximum and minimum measured value.
SELECTION OF DETECTION MODE
Step to the required detection mode with the selector button.
|Beech, spruce, larch, birch, cherry, walnut, oak, pine, maple, ash, Douglas fir||
5 ~ 50%
concrete, plaster 1 0 ~ 7.7%
|Anhydrite floor Io~ 4.5%|
|Cement mortar Io~ s.4%|
|Lime mortar Io~ 4.2%|
|Brick I o.o ~ 9.3%|
NOTE: “O” or “LO” is shown if the reading is less than the lower limit of the measurement range, and “HI” is shown if the reading is over the upper limit.
LOCKING OF READING
Press the lock button to “freeze” the reading in the display. Press once again to clear the display.
Check before use the calibration of the moisture meter with the help of the four test points marked Band Tin the cover.
- Press the measuring tips against the test points marked B. The moisture content of 77.0% (±7.5 %) should then be shown in the display.
- Press the measuring tips against the test points marked T. The moisture content of 44.0% (±1.5 %) should then be shown in the display
If both these values are shown during the test the product is now ready to use.
Start the moisture meter and firmly press the measuring tips on the material to be measured, so that the tips are pressed into the material. The moisture content of the material is shown in the display.
LOW BATTERY LEVEL INDICATOR
A warning symbol for a weak battery starts to flash when the battery is almost flat.
The moisture meter requires little maintenance. Follow the instructions below to keep it in good condition.
- Handle the moisture meter with care and do not expose it to knocks, dust, liquid, continuous vibration or extreme temperatures.
- Check the batteries at regular intervals. Remove the batteries from the moisture meter if it is not going to be used for some time.
- Store the moisture meter in the case when not in use.