- Put the product on a heatresistant surface when in use fire risk.
- Do not run the product for more than 40 consecutive hours. After 40 consecutive hours of use, switch off the product, pull out the plug, and allow the product to cool.
- incorrect use can result in the risk of personal injury and/or material damage.
- The product must only be used for its intended purpose and in accordance with these instructions.
- Switch off the product and pull out the plug when the product is not in use.
- Do not expose the product base to water or any other liquid. Do not use the product if any part of it is wet.
- Do not use the product if it is damaged or not working properly, or if the power cord or plug is damaged. Take the product to an authorized service center to be checked, repaired, or adjusted.
- Do not leave children unsupervised in the vicinity of the product when it is in use.
- Pull out the plug before cleaning.
- Do not pull the power cord to unplug the plug.
- The product is only intended for household use.
- Do not cover the product.
- Never leave the product unattended when switched on.
- Place the product on a level, stable surface.
- The product is not intended to be used by persons (children or adults) with any form of functional disorders, or by persons who do not have sufficient experience or knowledge on how to use it, unless they have received instructions concerning the use of the product from someone who is responsible for their safety.
- Keep small children under supervision to make sure they do not play with the product.
- Do not put the product on or near a hot stove or in a hot oven.
- Do not allow the power cord to hang over the edge of a table or worktop.
- Conforms with the requirements in the relevant EU directives.
- Recycle as electrical waste
- Rated voltage: 230 V ~ 50 Hz
- Output :245W
- Size :W250x H320 x D250 mm
- Cord length: 1m
- Temperature range:40-70° C
- Trays, 5
- Place the fruit/mushroom dryer on a level, stable surface. Plug the plug into an easily accessible power point near the fruit/mushroom dryer.
- Prepare the food to be dried as per the instructions. Put the food in the trays. Use drying sheets, if necessary.
- Stack the trays in the product. Make sure to fit the trays properly.
- Start the fruit/mushroom dryer with the switch.
BEFORE USING IT FOR THE FIRST TIME
- Clean all parts with a damp cloth.
- Check that all the parts are dry before drying food.
- Check that all the parts are in good condition and correctly fitted.
SETTING THE TEMPERATURE AND TIME
- When the power switch is pressed the display shows 00:00.
- Press TIME to set the required time.
- Press TEMP to set the required temperature.
NOTE: The warming effect differs depending on the position of the tray. The top-level has a lower effect than the bottom level.
Preparing the food
- Only dry fresh food of good quality. Preferably dry ripe fruit from the tree, which has its highest level of natural sugar.
- Do not dry overripe fruit or vegetables. Cut off any damaged or discolored parts before drying.
- Bought fruit can have been treated in different ways. Always clean the food well before drying.
- Fruit and vegetables can be peeled before drying. Some skins can be tough after drying.
- Depending on the texture, some vegetables need to be steamed or parboiled before drying.
Checking the dryness
- Ready-dried fruit should be chewy and leathery with low sugar content (max 20%). Do not over-dry. Over-dried fruit loses its taste and nutritional value.
- Most vegetables should be crisp and chewable, but different vegetables have different textures.
- Dried food must be properly stored for best taste and shelf-life. Store food cool and in the dark. Lower temperatures ensure a longer shelf-life.
- Store dried food ideally in the fridge or freezer.
- Light reduces the quality and nutritional value of food.
- Store dried food in sealed, preferably dark or non-transparent containers.
- The natural content of sugar and acids means that many fruits have a long shelf-life.
- Correctly packed and stored, most fruit can last up to 1 year and vegetables up to 6 months.
- Do not eat fruit or vegetables that have gone moldy, or show other signs of deterioration in quality.
Using dried food
There are different ways of restoring the removed water content in dried food.
- Fruit and vegetables can be soaked in a cool place for 2-6 hours.
- They can be moistened in boiling water for 5-10 minutes until they get the required consistency.
- They can also be moistened during their preparation. Do not add spices or sugar during the process. Add an equal volume of water to the food and allow to simmer.
MAINTENANCE AND CLEANING
- All parts except for the base can be washed in a dishwasher.
- Clean with a damp cloth and wipe dry.
- Store the fruit/mushroom dryer in a dry and clean place, preferably in the original packaging.