MILE MARKER 7076 Plug N Play Wireless Winch Remote Instruction Manual
ITEMS IN THE BOX
- USB cable
- Mounting hardware
- Pig tail (plug)
- Remote control holder
- Remote control
- Control box
If your control box has any other pin configuration other than the standard IP67 waterproof 4 pin, use the pig tail provided (Item 3)
INSTALLATION: PLUG N PLAY
If your Mile Marker winch features the IP67 waterproof connection, then simply plug the control box into your solenoid box just as you would your wired remote control. The wireless receiver has an oblong button for power, and once “ON” (indicated by a RED light), the unit is ready for use.
PAIRING YOUR WIRELESS REMOTE TO THE CONTROL BOX
Your new Mile Marker Plug N Play wireless winch remote control has already been paired with your control box at the factory. However, if your wireless remote control loses its signal to the control box, or you want to pair additional remotes (up to five), follow the instructions below to pair.
- STEP 1: Press the white oblong button on the front of the control box.
The button will turn red.
- STEP 2: Press the round receiver button on the back of the control box (next to the cable). The button will turn red.
- STEP 3: On your wireless remote control, press and hold the OUT button only (usually one to three seconds). The round button on the back of the control box will start to flash. Shortly thereafter your winch will start to winch out, release the OUT button. Your remote control is now paired to the receiver.
NOTES: To prevent cross contamination with other wireless devices, the round receiver button will only be active for approximately 5 seconds. Have your wireless remote control ready prior to pushing the round receiver button. In the event the remote control did not pair, repeat steps 2 and 3. Charge your wireless remote control prior to this operation. Refer to reverse side for charging instructions.
INSTALLATION: USING PIGTAIL
WARNING: Make sure to disconnect battery first!
- STEP 1A: The solenoid box has 4 screws on the bottom as shown in the image below. Remove these screws and lift box cover up.
- STEP 2A: Wire the pig tail (plug) according to the diagram below.
PIGTAIL PLACEMENT OPTIONS
There are many options for the placement of your new plug. Here are a few options we suggest:
- Slide plug under the solenoid box and attach accordingly on the outside of the solenoid.
- Drill the top side of the box cover (on the right side of the Mile Marker logo), then slide in the head of the pig tail (plug).
- Drill the right side of the box cover toward the top and then slide in the head of the pig tail (plug).
CHARGING YOUR WIRELESS REMOTE CONTROL
Your new Mile Marker wireless winch remote control comes with a non removable rechargeable Li-ion battery. The battery is approximately 20% charged at the factory. Therefore, fully charge your wireless winch remote control before you use it. Please note, that while charging, all wireless functions will automatically shut off. This means you will not be able to use your device while it is being charged.
To charge your wireless winch remote control, use the USB cable that is supplied.
While charging, the Blue indicator light will flash. Once fully charged it will turn solid Blue and stay Blue until you disconnect it. For safety purposes, your remote comes with a power management chip which prevents overcharging. However, it’s still best to unplug once fully charged.
Avoid using your wireless winch remote control if it feels hot after being fully charged. Temperatures can be high when batteries are freshly recharged. If you use it immediately while hot, the internal temperature of the electronics will rise which may negatively affect your wireless winch remote function.
If during use, you notice a decrease in distance that your remote functions, this is most likely caused by your battery getting low and you will need to recharge it.
Avoid long periods without using or recharging. If you have not used your remote for two months or more, recharge it again to maintain a healthy battery and prevent damage.
Avoid using often in high or low temperature environments. Li-ion batteries have optimal working and storage temperatures, if they are continually used or stored in extreme temperature environments, this may have a negative affect on battery use time and life cycles.
When plugging in the USB cable do not force it into your wireless winch remote control. Doing so may cause permanent damage.
FOR BEST PERFORMANCE
- The wireless winch remote is factory tested to 50’. However, there are numerous things that can affect the final distance you can get out of your wireless winch remote.
- Even though we are using omni directional antennas, radio waves don’t really travel the same distance in all directions. Water, mud, snow, ice, humidity, trees, rock, mountains, walls, doors, elevator shafts, people, and other obstacles offer varying degrees of weak signal, which cause the radio frequency (RF) pattern to be irregular and unpredictable and can shorten the range considerably. If you areusing the transmitter and find this happening, try moving your position around the vehicle.
- Your body’s magnetic field will affect the performance of your transmitter. Things like mobile phones and other transmitting devices will also affect range, including others using this same device that are within range of you.
- Final installation location of your control box is very important for maximum range. You will need an assistant to help you do this. Test several locations with your vehicle to get your optimum range. To get the maximum range you will have to adjust the position of the control box in your vehicle. Vehicles have different ways that they act with radio waves, so you may have to try several locations until you get the best reception.
- Note that with any wireless systems, its very difficult to predict the propagation of radio waves and detect the presence of interfering signals.
- The system was designed to be used at less than 50’ line of sight, in an outdoor area void of obstructions and objects that create reflections and not near any sources of RF interference.
Mile Marker warrants directly to the first purchaser that Mile Marker Plug N Play wireless winch remote will be free from defect in material and workmanship appearing under normal use and service for a period of 1 year. Warranty registration must be submitted at www.milemarker.com/warranty within 30 days. If you discover a hidden defect, Mile Marker will, as its option, repair or replace the product or necessary replacement parts at no charge to you, provided you remove the product from the vehicle and return it prepaid to
Mile Marker Industries. If the product was purchased in the United States, the owner must contact our warranty department to get a Return Goods Authorization (RGA) number before returning the product. If the product was purchased outside of the Untied states, the owner must return the product to the original place of purchase.
2121 Blount Road Pompano Beach, FL 33069