SG-1 Signal generator
This manual contains important information on the safe operation of the device.
Read and follow the safety advice and instructions given. Retain the manual for future reference. If you pass on the device please include this manual.
This device is intended to be used for function tests of loudspeakers. Any other use or use under other operating conditions is considered to be improper and may result in personal injury or property damage. No liability will be assumed for damages resulting from improper use.
Danger for children
Ensure that plastic bags, packaging, etc. are properly disposed of and are not in the reach of babies and young children. Choking hazard! Ensure that children do not detach any small parts (e.g. knobs or the like) from the product. They could swallow the pieces and choke! Never let children use electrical devices unattended.
Where to use the product
Never use the product
- in conditions of extreme temperature or humidity
- in extremely dusty or dirty areas
- at locations where the unit can become wet
- To prevent damage, never use force when handling the product.
- Never immerse the product in water. Just wipe it with a clean dry cloth. Do not use liquid cleaners such as benzene, thinners, or flammable cleaning agents.
- Disconnect the device from the mains power supply when it is not in use.
- Ideal for testing active and passive speakers
- Sine signal with 1 W output power @ 8 Ω, min. impedance 4 Ω
- Line out for testing active speakers or amplifier ers etc.
- Sweepable frequency 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Max. output level at XLR socket 2 V
- Power supply via 9 V battery
- XLR output switchable for line or speaker level
- Speakon output for passive speaker-test
- Dimensions: 110 mm × 72 mm × 40 mm
- If you want to test a passive speaker, connect it to the XLR 5 or Speakon output 6.
- When using the XLR output, the [Output] button 2 must be pressed in order to output an unbalanced signal with speaker level on pin 1 & 2 of the XLR jack.
- If you want to test an active speaker, amplifier, or similar, connect it to the XLR output.
- The [Output] button must not be pressed then, so the XLR jack outputs a balanced line-level signal.
- Switch on the device with the [Power] button 1 and turn the [Volume] knob 3 until you hear a clear tone. The [Volume] knob controls both the XLR and Speakon output.
- To test the individual speakers in a multi-way system, you can set the [Frequency] knob 4 to an appropriate frequency.
- After finishing testing, switch off the device with the [Power]
Pin assignment XLR jack:
- [Output] switch pressed:
PIN 1 = signal (–)
PIN 2 = signal (+)
PIN 3 = not connected
- [Output] switch not pressed:
PIN 1 = ground
PIN 2 = signal (+)
PIN 3 = signal (–)
Pin assignment Speakon socket:
The signal is output to all 4 poles of the socket
PIN 1+ and 2+ = signal (+)
PIN 1– and 2– = signal (–)
For the transport and protective packaging, environmentally friendly materials have been chosen that can be supplied to normal recycling. Ensure that plastic bags, packaging, etc. are properly disposed of. Do not just dispose of these materials with your normal household waste, but make sure that they are collected for recycling.
Please follow the notes and markings on the packaging.
Batteries must not be disposed of as domestic waste or thrown into the fire. Dispose of batteries according to national or local regulations regarding hazardous waste. Dispose of empty batteries at appropriate collection sites.
This product is subject to the European Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE) in its currently valid version. Do not dispose of your old device with your normal household waste. Dispose of this product through an approved waste disposal firm or through your local waste facility. Comply with the rules and regulations that apply in your country. If in doubt, consult your local waste disposal facility.
- Welcome – Thomann United States search customer-center wishlist basket basket basket 3 Years Thomann Warranty 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee Repair Service Advice from our experts Satisfaction Guarantee Europe’s Largest Warehouse