MDF015 3.5 Litre Air Fryer
When using this electrical appliance, the following basic safety precautions should always be followed:
For Your Safety
- Please read these instructions before operating and retain these for future reference.
- Before connecting the appliance to the power supply, check that the voltage indicated on the appliance corresponds with the voltage in your home. If this is not the case, contact your local qualified technician and DO NOT use the appliance.
- If the supply cord or any part is damaged, cease use of this appliance immediately to avoid a hazard.
- Do not hang the power cord over the edge of the table and do not let the cord contact hot surfaces, including the stovetop.
- Place the appliance on the flat surface. Do not place on the heated surface or near a hot gas or electric burner or oven.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with appliances.
- Never immerse the housing, which contains electrical components and the heating elements, in water nor rinse it under the tap.
- Avoid any liquid entering the appliance to prevent electric shock or short-circuit.
- Keep all ingredients within the basket and do not overfill beyond the basket to prevent any direct contact with the heating element.
- Do not cover the air inlet or the air outlet when the appliance is working.
- Filling the basket with oil may cause a fire hazard.
- Do not touch the inside of the appliance while it is operating.
- Keep the appliance and its main cord out of the reach of children.
- Do not connect the appliance to an external timer switch.
- Do not place the appliance on or near combustible materials such as a tablecloth or curtain.
- Do not place the appliance against a wall or against other appliances. Hot air up to 160 Degrees expels through the rear vent of the appliance. Leave at least 10cm clearance around the entire appliance, including directly above it. Additional care should be taken when placing appliances on benchtop surfaces or near splashbacks where such materials (Acrylics, timber, etc. ) do not have high heat resistant properties, so advice to place them on top of a heat resistant material between bench and appliance and further away from wall surfaces/splashbacks.
- Do not place anything on top of the appliance.
- Do not use the appliance for any other purpose than described in this manual.
- Do not let the appliance operate unattended.
- During hot air frying, hot steam is released through the air outlet openings. Keep your hands and face at a safe distance from the steam and form the air outlet openings.
- Also, be careful of hot steam and air when you remove the basket from the appliance.
- Caution: After the cooking process is completed, do not turn the basket with ingredients upside down (Excess oil may have collected in the basket that could drip out). Place basket on a level and flat heat resistant surface, then remove the ingredients of the basket onto a plate or into a dish with a spatula or tongs.
- Surfaces may become hot during use.
- Do not operate the appliance if there is a malfunction or if it is damaged in any manner. Immediately unplug the appliance if you see dark smoke coming out of the appliance.
- Wait for the smoke emission to stop before you remove the basket from the appliance.
- This appliance is intended to be used in households and similar applications such as:
– Staff kitchen areas in shops, offices, and other working environments;
– By clients in hotels, motels, and other residential type environments;
– Bed and breakfast type environments.
- This appliance is intended for household use only and not for commercial, industrial or outdoor use.
- This appliance must be earthed. Only connect it to a suitable earthed AC 240V~50Hz mains socket. Always make sure that the plug is inserted into the socket properly.
- Ensure the appliance is placed on a horizontal, even, and stable surface.
- The baking basket becomes hot all over when it is used in the air fryer. Always use oven gloves when handling the baking basket.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- Always unplug the appliance when not in use.
- The appliance needs approximately 30 minutes to cool down.
- In the interest of safety, regular periodic close checks should be carried out on the supply cord to ensure no damage is evident. Do not attempt to dismantle or repair this unit yourself. Repairs should only be performed by qualified personnel in order to avoid a hazard.
If the supply cord is damaged, the cord must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent, or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
This product has not been designed for any uses other than those specified in this booklet.
Save These Instructions
The appliance has a built-in timer, it will automatically shut down the appliance when count down is completed. You can manually switch off the appliance by turning off the timer. The heating-up and fan will stop immediately.
Features of Your 3.5 Litre Air Fryer
The Air fryer provides an easy and healthier way of cooking your favorite foods, by applying rapid air circulation from all directions additional to a top grill and is able to cook a variety of dishes without adding any oil or adding just a little oil for nominated ingredients tabled further in this booklet.
Before First Use
- Remove all packaging materials including any within the basket.
- Slide-out the basket, place it on a flat surface and take out the rack within the basket. Clean both basket and rack with a nonabrasive sponge and warm water, rinse thoroughly, and dry completely.
- Wipe clean the inside and outside of the appliance with a slightly dampened cloth.
Preparing for Use
- Place the appliance on a stable, horizontal, and even surface.
Do not place the appliance on a nonheat resistant surface.
- Slide the basket back into the appliance.
- Plug the power cord into a standard domestic power outlet and switch the power outlet ON. Your Air fryer is now ready for use.
- Preheat the appliance for 5 minutes when it is cold. Turn the timer control knob to 5 minutes and the temperature control knob to 80°C. The appliance will warm up gradually. After the warming-up, carefully pull the basket out of the air fryer.
Using the Appliance
- Place the rack into the basket and put it to the bottom and then put ingredients into the basket and slide the basket into the appliance.(Fig.2)
NOTE: Do not fill the basket with oil or any other liquid.
NOTE: Do not overfill beyond basket rim (see section ‘settings’ in this chapter), as it may effect the quality of the fried food.
Caution: Never operate the appliance without basket placed in the appliance. Do not touch the Basket and internal surface of appliance during use or when removed from appliance just after cooking, as it gets very hot. Only hold the basket by the handle protruding from the front of the appliance.
- Turn the timer and temperature control knob in clockwise direction to your desired cooking time and temperature.
- The time and temperature was set, the temperature indicate light (Red) and Power light (Green) will illumination and the appliance will start to cooking process, and the power light will stay on.
NOTE: During the cooking process the heating element (temperature) indicator light will illuminate while temperature not reached the preset value. The indicator light will goes off once it reached the preset temperature and the heating element will stop heating up.
Caution: The appliance will stop working after the basket is pulled out, when basket is placed back into the appliance it will resume cooking for the time left before basket was removed .
- During the cooking process, oil or fat will drip down and be collected on the bottom of the basket, it can be cleaned after cooking and when basket has cooled down.
- At any time during cooking process, you can adjust the time and temperature up or down from the initially setting by turning the timer and temperature control knob, it will start counting down from the reset time.
- For cooking of some ingredients, it requires you to shake contents in the basket halfway during the cooking process to ensure even cooking and avoid charring of ingredients that sit on top of basket (as tabled on page 8 of this booklet). you can pull out the basket and shake the basket and let the food turn over. After shaking contents, reposition basket into the appliance to resume cooking process.
When time has elapsed, a bell sound activates.
You can now remove the basket by the handle from the appliance .
Place basket assembly on heat resistant flat surface and remove the cooked food by use spatula or tongs.
NOTE: Do not turn over the basket because the oil or fat that driped into the basket bottom will pour in the cooked food and container.
Be mindful that all surfaces of basket remain hot for some time, so only carry by handle and use oven mits where possible.
- After cooking time has elapsed and bell sound activates that it is ready, the fan and heating function will turn off immediately. Only store appliance away when it has completely cooled down.
NOTE: You can manually switch Off the appliance at any time during the cooking process. If unable to supervise, by turn the timer in anti-clockwise direction to “0”, the fan and heating function will turn off immediately).
NOTE: The basket and food in basket is hot during cooking process and cooking is completed. Steam may escape from the basket depending on the type of ingredients was cooked in the basket.
CAUTION: Do not turn the basket with ingredients upside down (Excess oil may have collected in the basket that could drip out ). Place basket on a level and flat heat resistant surface, then remove the ingredients of the basket onto plate or into a dish with a spatula or tongs.
To remove large individual or delicate ingredients from the basket, don’t pour out but pick up with tongs.
- At completion of the cooking process, the air fryer is immediately ready for cooking the next batch food.
- After cooking process is completed, remove the plug from the wall socket while unit’s fan was stop and allow it to cool completely.
NOTE: Remove the rack from the basket after cooking is completed, must clean and thoroughly dry the rack before next cooking process.
Take care, the rack is still very hot just after cooking cycle has completed , only remove when rack has completely cooled down.
To assist with selection of cooking times and maximum basket volumes for specific ingredients,refer to the table on page 8 of this booklet.The time setting range is 0-30 Minutes. Within this range,you can set any time as your desire to ensure food will be cooked to your liking.
The temperature can be set 80ºC to 200ºC. Within in this range you can select and set any temperature to your desire to ensure food can be cooked to your liking.
NOTE: Please keep in mind that time and temperature settings are indicative only and that variation in ingredients size , shapes and brands may require minor time adjustments up or down from your manual setting or the dedicated preset cooking times to achieve your desired / preferred cooking outcome .
This type of heating technology reheats the air inside the appliance instantly, so pulling the basket briefly out of the appliance to shake ingredients during the cooking process barely disturbs the process.
– Smaller ingredients usually require a slightly shorter cooking time than larger ingredients.
– A larger amount of ingredients only requires a slightly longer cooking time.
A smaller amount of ingredients only requires a slightly shorter cooking time.
– Shaking smaller ingredients halfway during the preparation time optimizes the end result and can help prevent unevenly fried ingredients.
– Do not prepare extremely greasy ingredients such as sausages in the fryer.
– Snacks that can be prepared in an oven can also be prepared in the fryer.
– The optimum amount to prepare crispy fries is 500 grams.
– Place a baking tin or oven dish in the air fryer basket if you want to bake a cake or quiche or if you want to fry fragile ingredients or filled ingredients.
– You can also use the air fryer to reheat previously cooked dishes . To reheat dishes , manually set the temperature to 160 ºC for up to 10 minutes .
– For best results with home-made fries soak the cut fries in water for 30 minutes to remove excess starch, dry on kitchen paper and shake in ½ tablespoon of Olive oil (or lightly spray with Olive Oil Spray) until the fries are coated.
– For a crispy home-made coating mix fine breadcrumbs with a tablespoon of Olive oil.
– Pre-packaged snacks like breadcrumbed fish or chicken drumsticks only need to be coated lightly with Olive oil.
|Ingredients||Mln-max Amount (g)||Tine (min)||Temperature(°C)||shake||Extra Information|
|Coke||300||20-25||160||Use baking in|
|Muffins||300||15.||200||Use baking tin / ramekin|
|Quiche||4C0||20-25||180||Use baking tin/oven ash|
|Tots /souffe||4C0||12-15||160||Use baking nn / ramekin|
|Fish (Fresh)||100-500||8-11||160||Pour I CUP ( 250m1 j of water in the basket and brush oil all around fish Potions for steamed style fish.|
|Fresh Meat & Poultry|
|Chicken Wings/ Drumsticks /thigh/ Breast||100-500||10-22||180|
|Lomb a Pak Chops||100-500||10-14||180|
|Mince Patties / Meat Bats||100-500||7-14||180|
|Steak / Beef cubes||100-500||8-12||180|
|Fries & Potatoes|
|Home-made French At||300-800||10-16||200||shake||Add In hasp of all|
|Home-mode potato wedges||3004300||18-22||180||shake||Add In tbsp of all|
|Home-potato bites (Cubes) a scalloped potatoes||300-750||12-18||180||shake||Add In tbsp of all|
|Thick frozen fries||300-700||11-20||200||shake|
|11-11-i frozen fries||300-700||9-16||200||shake|
|Frozen bread crumbed
|Frozen chicken nuggets||100-400||6-10||200||shake||Use oven-ready|
|Frozen fish fingers||100-400||6-10||200||Use oven-ready|
|Spring rolls||100-400||8-10||200||shake||Use oven-ready|
Maintenance and Cleaning
- Remove the mains plug from the wall socket and allow the appliance to cool down completely before cleaning. Clean it after every use.
NOTE: Remove the basket to let the air fryer cool down faster.
CAUTION: Do not immerse the housing in water or any liquid when you clean the unit. Care must be taken not to touch any hot surfaces .
Do not use harsh abrasives, caustic cleaners or oven cleaners when cleaning this appliance.
- Wipe the outside of the appliance with a moist cloth.
- Clean the basket and rack with hot water, washing-up liquid and a non-abrasive sponge.
NOTE: The rack and basket are dishwasher-proof.
If dirt is stuck to the basket or the bottom, fill the basket with hot water and some washing-up liquid. Place the rack in the basket and allow the rack and the basket soak for about 10 minutes.
- Clean the inside of the appliance with a slightly dampened cloth and polish it with a soft dry cloth.
- If required lightly brush the heating element to remove any attached food residue.
- Make sure all parts are clean and dry, before storing or using it again.
- Store the Air Fryer in a cool, dry place. Do not place heavy objects on top of the Air Fryer during storage as this may damage the appliance.
Warning: Beware of escaping steam when removing the basket. There is a danger of scalding.
Making home-made fries
To make home-made fries, follow the steps below:
- Make the potatoes peel and slice.
- Wash the potato sticks thoroughly and dry them with kitchen paper.
- Pour 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil in a bowl, put the sticks on top and mix until the sticks are coated with oil.
- Remove the sticks from the bowl with your fingers or a kitchen utensil so that excess oil stays behind in the bowl. Put the sticks in the basket.
Fry the potato sticks according to the instructions in this chapter.
|The fryer does not work||The appliance is not plugged in.||Put the moms plug in on earthed wall socket.|
|Have not set the timer||Turn the timer knob to the requied operation time to switch on the oppeonce.|
|The ingredients fried within fryer are not done||The amount of ingredient in the basket are too many.||Place smaller batches of ingredients in The basket. Smokr botches are fried more evenly.|
|The set temperature is too low.||Set the temperature control to The requied. temperature setting (refer to page 8 of this booklet).|
|The operation time is too short.||Set the timer to the required operation time.|
|The ingredients are hied unevenly in the fryer||Certain types of ingedients need to be tossed halfway through the operation Erne.||Ingredients that lie on top of or across each other (e.g. fries) need to be tossed halfway through the preparation tine. (refer to page 8 of Mis booklet).|
|Fried mocks are not crispy when they come out of the fryer||You used o type of snacks meant to be prepared in a traditional deep fryer.||Use oven mocks or lightly brush some oi onto the snacks fa a crisper result.|
|I cannot slide the basket into the appliance Properly||There ore too much ingredients in The basket.||Do not fill beyond the basket.|
|white smoke comes out from the Applionce.||You ore properly greasy ingredients.||When you fry greasy ingredients ii the fryer. a large amount of oil will kook into the basket. The oil produces white smoke and The basket may heat up TOM than usuol. This does not affect the appliance or the end result.|
|The basket still contoins geese residues from previous use.||White smoke is caused by grease heating up in The basket. Make sure you clean the basket properly after each use.|
|Fresh fries are fried unevenly in the fryer||You did not use the right potato type.||Use fresh potatoes and make sure that they stay frm during frying.|
|You did not rinse the potato fries properly before you fried them.||Rinse the pototo hies properly to remove starch from the outside of the fries.|
|Fresh fries are not crispy when they come out of the fryer||The crispiness of the fries depends on the amount of oi and wafer ii the fries.||Make sure you dry the potato fries properly before you add the oil.|
|Cut the potato fries smaller for o crispier result.|
|Add slightly more of for o crisper result.|
|Power Supply||220-240V ~ 50Hz|
NOTE: As a result of continual improvements,the design and specifications of the product within may differ slightly from the unit illustrated on the packaging.
Gerard Sourcing & Manufacturing
GSM International Ltd.
142-144 Fullarton Road, Rose Park, South Australia
GSM International Ltd has a policy of continual improvement throughout the product range.
As such the unit contained within may differ slightly from the unit illustrated on the pack.
MADE IN CHINA for GSM International Ltd.
Mistral is a registered trademark of GSM International Ltd.
Cat. No. MDF015