Legal, safety, and regulatory
Legal information. This guide provides important legal, safety, and regulatory information that you should read before using your product. For the complete legal information, from the home screen swipe up and tap Settings > , then type Legal information, or visit www.motorola.com/device-legal.
Water repellent. Your phone is not waterproof. For more about your phone’s water-repellent design and care, see the user guide.
Regulatory information (e-label). To view regulatory information for this phone, from the home screen, swipe up and tap Settings >, then type Regulatory, or visit www.motorola.com/device-legal.
Battery safety. Your phone uses a removable battery. Don’t use tools, sharp objects, or excessive force to insert or remove the battery. This may damage the battery and could cause burning and injury.
Battery safety. To prevent possible burning and injury, the battery in your phone should only be removed by a Motorola-approved service center or similarly skilled personnel.
If your phone becomes unresponsive, press and hold the Power button until the screen goes dark and your phone restarts.
Charge your phone using a compatible Motorola charger. Use of other chargers is not recommended. Don’t charge your phone in temperatures below -20°C (-4°F) or above 45°C (113°F). For more, see the “Legal information” section of this guide, or visit www.motorola.com/device-legal.
Driving precautions. Responsible and safe driving is your primary responsibility when driving a vehicle. Always obey local laws and regulations. For more, see the “Legal information” section of this guide to find the complete legal information, or visit www.motorola.com/device-legal.
Seizures, blackouts, eyestrain & discomfort. This device may display flashing images or loud sounds. For more, see the “Legal information” section of this guide to find the complete legal information or visit www.motorola.com/device-legal.
Seizures, blackouts, eyestrain & discomfort. This device may display flashing images or loud sounds. For more, see the “Legal information” section of this guide to find the complete legal information, or visit www.motorola.com/device-legal.
Medical devices. This device may interfere with pacemakers and other medical devices. For more, see the “Legal information” section of this guide to find the complete legal information, or visit www.motorola.com/device-legal.
Class 1 Laser. This device is classified as a Class 1 Laser Product, which is safe in normal use per
IEC60825-1:2007 and IEC60825-1:2014. This device complies with 21 CFR 1040.10 and 1040.11, except for deviations pursuant to Laser Notice 50, dated June 24, 2007. Do not attempt to modify or disassemble.
Extreme heat or cold. Don’t use your phone in temperatures below
|CLASS 1 LASER PRODUCT|
-20°C (-4°F) or above 45°C (113°F). Don’t store/transport your phone in temperatures below -20°C (-4°F) or above 60°C (140°F). SAR information (on e-label). To view specific absorption rate (SAR) values for t phone, from the home screen swipe up and tap Settings >, then type Regulatory, or visit www.motorola.com/sar.
Operational warnings. Obey all local restrictions when using mobile devices in public areas, such as hospitals, airplanes, or schools.
- Potentially explosive areas: Potentially explosive areas are often, but not always, posted and can include blasting areas, fueling stations, fueling areas (such as below decks on boats), fuel or chemical transfer or storage facilities, or areas where the air contains chemicals or particles, such as grain dust, or metal powders. Turn off your phone before entering such an area, and do not charge batteries. In such areas, sparks can occur and cause an explosion or fire.
- Symbol key: Your charger, phone, battery (if user-removable), phone display, user’s guide, or packaging may contain symbols, defined as follows:
|Important safety information follows.|
|The package and paper products that came with your phone can be recycled.|
|Don’t dispose of your battery or phone with your household waste. See “Disposal & recycling” for more information.|
|Don’t dispose of your battery or phone in a fire.|
|For indoor use only.|
|Listening at a high volume to music or voice through a headset or headphones may damage your hearing.|
Warning about high volume usage. To prevent possible hearing damage, do not listen at high volume levels for long periods.
Disposal & recycling. For help recycle products and packaging responsibly, go to www.motorola.com/recycling.
Usage. This phone supports apps and services that could use a lot of data, so make sure your data plan meets your needs. Contact your service provider for details. Certain apps and features may not be available in all countries.
Warranty. This product is covered by Motorola’s limited warranty. o review the warranty on your phone, swipe up and tap Settings > , then type Legal information, or visit www.motorola.com/device-legal. You may also obtain a copy of the warranty by contacting Motorola at Motorola Mobility LLC, Attention Customer Service—Warranty Request, 222 West Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite 1800, Chicago, IL 60654.
Arbitration & opt-out. Except where prohibited by law, any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to any Motorola product will be resolved by binding arbitration, instead of in court, unless you opt out. To opt-out, send a written rejection notice within 30 days of purchase that includes your name, address, phone number, phone, and phone serial number, and tells Motorola that you are rejecting this Arbitration provision to Motorola Mobility LLC, 222 West Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite 1800, Attn:
Arbitration Provision Opt-Out, Chicago, IL 60654 or [email protected]. To locate your phone’s serial (IMEI) number, from the home screen swipe up and tap Settings >, then type IMEI. For more information on this arbitration provision, on your phone, swipe up and tap Settings >, then type Legal information, or visit
Legal disclaimers. Features, services, and applications are network-dependent and may not be available in all areas; additional terms/ charges may apply. Features, functionality, and other product specifications, as well as the information contained in this guide, are based upon the latest available information and believed to be accurate at the time of printing. Motorola reserves the right to correct or change any information without notice.
This product is approved by ANATEL in accordance with the regulated procedures for assessing the conformity of telecommunications products and meets the applied technical requirements, including the exposure limits of the Specific Absorption Rate for radio frequency, electric, magnetic and electromagnetic fields. “This equipment is not entitled to the protection from harmful interference and may not cause interference with duly authorized systems.” www.anatel.gov.br For more information about your phone’s SAR (Specific Absorption Rate), visit www.motorola.com/sar. Click on the Brazilian flag, then choose your phone from the list.
This product contains lithium-ion batteries approved by ANATEL. In accordance with ANATEL rules, the respective approval seal will be applied in the manual for products where the battery is not accessible by the final user.
Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) and Power Density (PD)(ICNIRP).
YOUR PHONE MEETS INTERNATIONAL GUIDELINES FOR EXPOSURE TO RADIO WAVES. The highest SAR values under the ICNIRP guidelines for your phone model are:
|Head SAR||1.55 W/kg|
|Body-worn SAR||1.68 W/kg|
|Limbs SAR||3.54 W/kg|
For devices operating above 6GHz, the following PD results were obtained when tested under the ICNIRP guidelines:
|Limb PD||Compliant (Europe only)|
- SAR. SAR limit 2.0W/Kg; after testing value: W/Kg.
- LTE bands. This product supports LTE frequency bands:
- Radiofrequency. Wireless information transmission equipment must avoid affecting the operation of nearby radar systems. For reducing RF influence, use it properly. For instructions on proper use, refer to your quick start guide.
- Battery. If the battery is incorrectly replaced, there is a danger of an explosion. For proper battery care, refer to your start guide.
- Vision. Excessive use of your phone may harm your vision. Take 10- a minute break after 30 minutes of continuous use.
- Children. Children under two years old should not look at the screen. Over two years old, do not look at the screen for more than one hour a day.
- Radiofrequency motors. Article XII Type: Certified low power radio frequency motor, unlicensed, company, firm, or user shall not alter the frequency, increase the power or change the characteristics of the original design and function. Article XIV: Using low-power radio-frequency motors shall not affect flight safety and interfere with legal communications; when there is interference by the discovery should be immediately suspended, and to improve without interfering may continue to be used. Legal
communications in the preceding paragraph refer to radio communication in accordance with the provisions of the Telecommunications Act of operation. Low-power radio communication interference motor must endure radiation and Electronic Equipment legal or industrial, scientific, and medical radio.
- Battery recycling.
- Importer. Netherlands Business Associates Ltd. Taiwan Branch 5th Floor, No 89, Sec. 2, Dibing Avenue, Neihu District, Taipei. Importer, Manufacturers, Wholesalers, Retailers 0800-000-702
- Storage (w/SDcard). Built-in main memory capacity: GB; minimum main memory available to users: GB; expandable memory card support: GB or less.
- Storage (no SDcard). Built-in main memory capacity: GB; minimum main memory available to users: GB; your phone does not support an expandable memory card
- Turbo charging. The product supports fast charging: Adapter Brand name, Adapter Model name, and the fast charging mode is XVdc/X.XA; and the normal charging mode is XVdc/X.XA.
- PWS reception. When SIM1 and SIM2 cards are in use, only the 4G function will display the PWS reception function normally.
Thailand licensed devices.
RoHS statement. RoHS compliant as per India E-waste
World Health Organization advice. Organizations such as the World Health Organization (WHO) and the US Food and Drug Administration have stated that if people are concerned and want to reduce their exposure they could use a hands-free accessory to keep the phone away from the head and body during phone calls or reduce the amount of time spent on the phone.
Note: This guidance is included as a precaution, per the requirements of the Government of India. The scientific consensus is that there are no known RF health effects from the use of phones.
Vietnam RoHS. Products sold in Vietnam, on or after September 23, 2011, meet the requirements of the Vietnam Circular 30/2011/TT-BCT (“Vietnam RoHS”).
Battery. Your battery is marked with a recycle symbol like this one. For more information, visit http://www.baj.or.jp/.
Near-field Communication (NFC). Your phone might
support NFC. To find out and turn NFC on/off, swipe up and tap Settings >, then type NFC. For more information, refer to Settings > Help.
Allergens. Trace amounts of an allergen may be added during the manufacture of a phone or device component that may cause discomfort for some individuals. This approach is common for many types of products. We recommend that you monitor any products that may be in prolonged contact with your skin, and avoid contact if you experience skin irritation.
Location services. Your mobile device can provide location information to applications, using sources including GPS (GPS, AGPS, Galileo, GLONASS, and Beidou – depending on the device specification) and Wi-Fi. GPS systems use government-operated satellites that are subject to changes in national policy by the governments operating
them that may affect the performance of location services technology on your mobile device. AGPS (Assisted Global Positioning System) uses your wireless service provider’s network to improve performance. Airtime, data fees, and/or additional charges may apply in accordance with your service plan.
Phones transmit location-based information when connected to a wireless network or when using other location technologies like GPS. If you use applications that require location-based information such as driving directions, your phone will provide location information to them. These applications may share location information with third
parties, including your wireless service provider, applications providers, Motorola, Lenovo, and other third parties providing services.
Emergency calls: When you make an emergency call, the cellular network may activate the AGPS technology in your phone to tell the emergency responders your approximate location. AGPS has limitations and may not work in your area. Therefore:
- Always tell the emergency responder your location to the best of your ability; and
- Remain on the call for as long as the emergency responder instructs you.
Phone security. Motorola understands that a safe and secure mobile experience is important to everyone. Because some features of your phone might affect your security, please follow these recommendations to enhance the protection of your phone:
- Monitor access. Keep your phone with you and don’t leave it where others might have unmonitored access. Use your phone’s security and lock features, where available.
- Keep software up to date. If Motorola or a software application/ vendor releases a patch or software fix for your phone that updates the phone’s security is released, install it as soon as possible.
- Secure personal information. Your phone can store personal information in various locations, including a SIM card, memory card, and phone memory. Be sure to remove or clear all personal information before you recycle, return, or give away your phone. You can also backup your personal data to transfer to a new phone.
User privacy. Motorola and Lenovo are committed to protecting and appropriately using personal data and user information under our care. To better understand what data Motorola and Lenovo may collect and use, be sure to review the Motorola/Lenovo privacy policies linked within your phone (found at phone set-up and in Settings). Please also be sure to take advantage of the privacy and security controls and features within your phone.
In addition, please note that when your Motorola product is turned on for the first time (and is connected to the internet), the international mobile station equipment identity (IMEI) number or serial number (SN) of this product together with the information about the country and city where this product is first activated will be registered with Motorola and/or Lenovo; this will be a one-time registration. Confirming the mobile phone/tablet’s activation will facilitate after-sales service to you by verifying the product’s authenticity. For the registration, the data transmitted is less than 1KB.
Contact center. Japan: 0120-227-217.
NTC requirements. This telecommunication equipment is in compliance with NTC requirements.
Thailand 0018008526352 /+66 20269362
South Korea 0079885218264
Australia 1300 138 823
New Zealand 0508 668676
Itc Roxy Mas Lt. 4 No. 18 Jl. Kyai hasyim Ashari, Jakarta Pusat Tel: 021–6319647
Monday – Saturday : 11.00-19.00
Jl. Jendral Sudirman 256, Semarang
Balubur Town Square (Baltos) Lt. 1 K05 – K06, Jl. Tamansari, Bandung
Monday – Friday : 10.00-18.00
|Ruko Mall Roxy Square No.A1, Jl.Kyai Tapa No.1, Jakarta Barat
Monday – Friday : 09.00-17.00
Saturday: 09.00- 15.00
|Surabaya Mastech Blok F11
(Maspion Square) Jl.
A. Yani 78, Surabaya Tel: 031-8477889 ext.1611
Jl. Pasuketan No. 63, Cirebon, Jawa Barat Tel:0231-209322
Monday – Friday : 09.00-17.00
Saturday : 09.00- 15.00
|Ambassador Mall Lt. 2 Blok A No. 37, Jakarta Selatan
Monday – Sunday : 11.00-20.00
|Yogyakarta Ramai Shopping
Mall Lt.2 No.A26, Jl. Ahmad Yani No. 73, Yogyakarta
Monday – Friday : 10.00-19.00
Saturday : 10.00- 17.00
Sunday : 10.00-15.00
Jl SA tirtayasa no.8a Simpang Pocis, Serang, Banten Tel: 0254-204882
Monday – Sunday : 10.00-20.00
|ITCCempaka MasLt.6 No.H7-H8, Jl. Letjen Suprapto, Jakarta Pusat
Monday – Friday : 10.00-19.00
Ruko Citraland Blok B No.11, Jl. Spielen Raya, Tegal
Monday – Friday : 08.30-17.30
Jl. Ratna no. 65 D, Denpasar, Bali Tel: 021-54375250
Monday – Friday : 08.30-16.30
European conformance (CE). The following information is applicable to phones that carry a CE mark. Contact point: Regulatory Compliance, Motorola Mobility UK Ltd., Redwood, Crockford Lane, Chineham Business Park, Basingstoke, RG24 8WQ, UK.
Hereby, Motorola Mobility LLC declares that the radio equipment with this declaration and bearing the CE mark is in compliance with Directive 2014/53/EU.
The full DoC can be found at www.motorola.com/red.
This phone, containing all Turkish characters, complies with the ETSI
TS 123.038 V8.0.0 and ETSI TS 123.040 V8.1.0 technical
specifications. It also complies with EEE regulations.
Restrictions of use. This phone should only be used indoors within the EU/EEA/UK(NI) when operating in the 5150 to5350 MHz (Wi-Fi)frequency band.
The 5150 to 5350 MHz frequency range is restricted to indoor use
only in: AT, BE, BG, CH, CY, CZ, DE, DK, EE, EL, ES, FI, FR, HR, HU, IE, IS, IT, LI, LT, LU, LV, MT, NL, NO, PL, PT, RO, SE, SI, SK, TR, UK(NI).
In accordance with the relevant statutory requirements in the UK, the 5150 to 5350 MHz frequency range is restricted to indoor use only in the
Supported frequencies and power. This phone is capable of operation on the following frequencies, subject to location and network availability.
|Operating mode||Frequency range MHz / Band||Maximum nominal transmit power dBm|
|WLAN 2.4G||2400– 2483.5||20|
|WLAN 5G band 1||5150-5250||23|
|WLAN 5G band 2||5250-5350||23|
|WLAN 5G band 3||5470-5725||23|
|WLAN 5G band 4||5725-5850||14|
|WCDMA Band I||1920–1980||24|
|WCDMA Band VIII||880 – 915||24|
FCC and IC compliance. This phone complies with part 15 of the FCC rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this phone may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this phone must accept any interference received, including interference that might cause undesired operation. This phone complies with Industry Canada license-exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this phone may not cause interference, and (2) this phone must accept any interference received, including interference that might cause undesired operation.
Exposure to RF energy & phone operation. Your phone contains a transmitter and receiver of RF energy. It is designed to comply with regulatory requirements concerning human RF exposure. For optimal phone performance, and to stay within the RF exposure guidelines:
- Hold your phone normally at your ear when talking on it.
- When using the phone next to your body (other than in your hand or against your head), maintain a distance of 5 mm from your body to be consistent with how the phone is tested for compliance with RF exposure requirements.
- If you use your phone with a non-Motorola accessory case or holder, make sure the accessory maintains the required separation distance and has no metallic parts.
Note: According to the World Health Organization, “many studies have been carried out over the last twenty years to evaluate the risks that phones present to health. Up to now, the negative impact on the health of using phones has not been proven” (Leaflet No. 193). In accordance with French regulations, we are obliged to include the following recommendations regarding precautionary measures: you can limit your exposure to radio-frequency energy a) by using your phone in areas with good network coverage or b) by using a hands-free kit to keep your phone away from your head and body. In this latter case, pregnant women are advised to keep their phones away from their abdomen. It is also recommended that adolescents keep their phones away from the lower part of their abdomen.
Service life. This product has an expected service life of 5 (five) years as determined by the Turkish Ministry of Customs and Trade.
Ukraine radio compliance. Hereby, the manufacturer, Motorola Mobility LLC, declares that this radio equipment complies with the Technical regulations of radio equipment. The full text of the declaration of conformity is available at www.motorola.com/red.
Unified product circulation mark. Compliance with the requirements of Technical Regulations: Smartphone meets the requirements of TR CU 020/2011 “electromagnetic compatibility of technical means.” TR EAU 037/2016 “On Restrictions of the use of hazardous substances in electrical and radio-electronic equipment”. Charger (AC adapter) meets the requirements of TR CU 004/2011 “on the safety of low-voltage equipment.” TR CU 020/2011 “electromagnetic compatibility of technical means.” TR EAEU 037/2016 “On Restrictions of the use of hazardous substances in electrical and radio-electronic equipment”. Mark of conformity:
Russian compliance. Smartphones for personal and business use, designed for voice calls, sending text messages, and data transfer, with support for various connection profiles (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GSM, CDMA, etc.) and applications.
Made in China. Representative: LLC Lenovo EE/A, 143401, Moscow Region, Krasnogorsk, boulevard Stroiteley 4 bed 1, section A, 7 floor. Importer: The name of Importer can be found on the package label/ sticker*.
Manufacturing date: see package label*, line Date (the date is indicated in a format year-month-date).
* According to the standard GOST 2.601-2013 “Unified system of design documentation. Operational manual», article 5.1, clause 5.1.2, sticker/label is considered a type of operation manual. Life cycle of the product: 2 years.
MOTOROLA MOBILITY LLC GLOBAL LIMITED WARRANTY MOBILE PHONES
Motorola Mobility LLC or its subsidiaries, (“Motorola”) warrants to the original consumer purchaser (“you”) that the Mobile Phone or Moto Mod accompanying this warranty, and any in-box accessories which accompany it (the “Products”), will be free of substantial defects in material and workmanship for the period noted in the Addendum (see the end of section), beginning from the date of original consumer purchase (“Warranty Period”) provided that the Products are used for normal consumer purposes.
This warranty only applies to the first purchaser and begins on the original date of purchase by such first purchaser. This warranty does not apply to products that are resold to a second purchaser (e.g. either as used, refurbished, or otherwise). In the event of a dispute as to whether the phone has been resold, if the date the phone has been first activated precedes the date of purchase by the second purchaser, such phone shall be deemed to have been resold, and this warranty shall not apply.
Note for Moto Mods owners: This warranty covers only the Moto Insta-Share Projector, Hasselblad True Zoom, Moto Power Pack, Moto Style Shell Wireless Charging, Moto TurboPower Pack, Moto 360 Camera, and Moto Smart Speaker with Amazon Alexa, and Polaroid Insta-Share Printer, Moto Gamepad, Moto Stereo Speaker, Moto Power Pack & TV Digital, Moto Style Shell, and Moto 5G Moto Mods. Third-party Moto Mods are not covered by this warranty but may be covered by a separate warranty that accompanies them.
Repairs made by Motorola or its authorized agent under this Limited Warranty (“Warranty Service”) are covered for the balance of the original Warranty Period, or for the period noted in the Addendum, whichever is longer. This Limited Warranty covers only the purchase of new Products from Motorola or an authorized reseller or authorized distributor of Motorola Products which are accompanied in-box by this written Limited Warranty.
This Limited Warranty is personal to you and not transferable. No retailer or other third party is authorized to make any representations on behalf of Motorola or to modify this Limited Warranty.
Additional warranty coverage for those Products that contain the ShatterShield™ Display (not all products contain the ShatterShield™ display, see printed manual for details). The ShatterShield™ display consists of the internal display panel and embedded lens, which are warranted against shattering and cracking for four (4) years from the original date of consumer purchase. Certain phones may include a protective lens, screen protectors, or other similar external layers, which are not covered by this additional warranty. All other limitations and exclusions contained in this Limited Warranty (see “What is not covered” section), including scratches and other cosmetic damage, intentional damage or abuse, and normal wear and tear, apply to the components of the ShatterShield™ display.
THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY BY STATE, PROVINCE, OR COUNTRY. FOR CONSUMERS WHO ARE COVERED BY CONSUMER PROTECTION LAWS OR REGULATIONS IN THEIR COUNTRY OF PURCHASE OR, IF DIFFERENT, THEIR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE, THE BENEFITS CONFERRED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY ARE IN ADDITION TO ALL RIGHTS AND REMEDIES CONVEYED BY SUCH CONSUMER PROTECTION LAWS AND REGULATIONS. FOR A FULL UNDERSTANDING OF YOUR RIGHTS YOU SHOULD CONSULT THE LAWS OF YOUR COUNTRY, PROVINCE, OR STATE.
What will we do if you make a claim under this Limited Warranty?
If you make a valid claim under this Limited Warranty, Motorola or its Authorized Service Provider will, at their discretion, either (1) repair the Product using new, used, or reconditioned replacement parts; or (2) replace the Product with a new or ‘like new’ reconditioned Product that is the same or similar to the warranted Product; or (3) refund the purchase price. Repaired or replaced products will be returned to you in their original factory configuration, plus any applicable software updates, which may affect the use and/or compatibility with third-party applications (for which Motorola shall have no liability). Any refunded or replaced Product shall become the property of Motorola. To obtain service under this Limited Warranty, the claim should be made in the country where the Product was intended for sale; otherwise, repair services are limited to the options available in the country where the service is requested.
What is not covered?
This Limited Warranty does not cover the following unless they occurred because of a defect in materials or workmanship:
(a) Normal wear and tear due to the normal aging of the Product, including parts that are expected to deteriorate over time, such as batteries, lens liners, or protective coatings.
(b) Cosmetic damage, including scratches, dents, and cracks to the Products.
(c) Damage caused by the use of non-Motorola branded or approved products, accessories, or software.
(d) Damage caused beyond the reasonable control of Motorola, including damage caused by (i) accident, abuse, misuse; (ii) operating a Product outside its permitted or intended uses as defined in the Products’ User Manual, Quick Start Guide, Online Tutorials, and other the documentation provided to you, including the use of the Products for commercial purposes; (iii) improper care and handling (e.g. subjecting the Product to temperatures above the temperature for which the Product is approved), abuse or neglect (e.g. broken or bent connectors, ports, or SIM/SD card slots); impact damage (e.g. dropping the Product); (iv) contact with liquids, water, rain, extreme humidity, unusually heavy perspiration, vapor or other moisture; sand, food, dirt or other similar substances (except for Products sold as resistant to such substances), but then only to the extent the damage was not caused by incorrectly securing the phone’s protective elements (e.g. failing to properly close a seal), or such protective elements are damaged or missing (e.g. a cracked back cover), or subjecting a Product to conditions beyond its stated specifications or limits (e.g. IPx7, 30 minutes in 1 meter of fresh water); or (v) flood, fire, earthquake, tornado or other acts of God not within Motorola’s reasonable control.
(e) Unauthorized service. Defects or damage resulting from someone other than Motorola or a Motorola authorized service center servicing, testing, adjusting, installing, maintaining, altering, or tampering with the Products.
(f) Products that have been modified in any manner without the written permission of Motorola, including Products (i) with serial numbers or other manufacturer codes that have been removed, altered, or obliterated; (ii) with mismatched or duplicated serial numbers; (iii) with broken seals or other evidence of tampering; or (iv) which have been modified to alter functionality or capability, or show evidence of attempts to modify them.
- WARNING AGAINST UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER OR ALTERING A PRODUCT’S OPERATING SYSTEM SOFTWARE: ALTERING A PRODUCT’S OPERATING SYSTEM, WHICH INCLUDES UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER, ROOTING A PHONE, OR RUNNING ANY OPERATING SOFTWARE OTHER THAN THE APPROVED VERSIONS ISSUED BY MOTOROLA AND ITS PARTNERS FOR YOUR SPECIFIC PHONE MAY PERMANENTLY DAMAGE YOUR PRODUCT, CAUSE IT TO BE UNSAFE AND/OR MALFUNCTION AND ANY DAMAGE THAT IS CAUSED THEREFROM WILL UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED BY MOTOROLA, NOT BE COVERED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
- IMPORTANT: IT IS ILLEGAL TO USE THIS PRODUCT IF IT CEASES TO COMPLY WITH THE GOVERNMENT AUTHORIZATIONS THAT APPROVED ITS RELEASE. THEREFORE, YOU MUST NOT MAKE CHANGES TO THE PRODUCT AFFECTING ITS EMISSION, MODULATION, TRANSMISSION CHARACTERISTICS, INCLUDING POWER LEVELS, OPERATING FREQUENCIES AND BANDWIDTHS, SAR LEVELS, DUTY-CYCLE, TRANSMISSION MODES, AND THE INTENDED METHOD OF USE OF THE PRODUCT.
(g) Defects, damages, or the failure of the Product due to any third party communication service or network you subscribe to or use with the Product.
(h) Software, either embedded in, downloaded to, or accompanied with the Products.
- TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MOTOROLA SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL STATUTORY OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT, ALL WARRANTIES AGAINST HIDDEN OR LATENT DEFECTS, AND MOTOROLA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE OPERATION OF ANY PRODUCTS OR SOFTWARE COVERED THIS LIMITED WARRANTY WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, WORK IN COMBINATION WITH ANY HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS OR THIRD-PARTY SERVICES, BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, OR WITHOUT RISK TO, OR LOSS OF, ANY INFORMATION, DATA, SOFTWARE, OR APPLICATIONS CONTAINED THEREIN, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE PRODUCTS OR SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED. WHERE SUCH STATUTORY OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES CAN NOT LAWFULLY BE DISCLAIMED, THEN TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALL SUCH WARRANTIES SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THE EXPRESS
LIMITED WARRANTY CONTAINED HEREIN AND THE REMEDIES OF REPAIR, REPLACEMENT, OR REFUND AS DETERMINED BY MOTOROLA IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION SHALL BE THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CONSUMER. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN REPRESENTATIONS MADE BY MOTOROLA OR ANY SELLER, RESELLER, OR DISTRIBUTOR OF THE PRODUCTS, INCLUDING EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS THEREOF, SHALL CREATE ANY ADDITIONAL WARRANTY OBLIGATIONS, INCREASE THE SCOPE, OR OTHERWISE MODIFY IN ANY MANNER THE TERMS OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
- TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MOTOROLA SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR UNDER OTHER LEGAL THEORIES (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), FOR DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCTS, OR FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFITS; LOSS OF BUSINESS; BUSINESS INTERRUPTION; LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY; LOSS OF GOODWILL; LOSS OF REPUTATION; LOSS OF, DAMAGE TO, OR CORRUPTION OF INFORMATION, DATA, SOFTWARE OR APPLICATIONS (INCLUDING ANY COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH RECOVERING, PROGRAMMING, OR REPRODUCING ANY INFORMATION, DATA, SOFTWARE, OR APPLICATIONS STORED ON OR USED WITH MOTOROLA PRODUCTS, OR ANY FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF ANY INFORMATION OR DATA STORED ON THE PRODUCTS); OR OTHER FINANCIAL LOSS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE ABILITY OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PROVIDED UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. BY MAKING A CLAIM UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY.
- SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION ON THE LENGTH OF AN IMPLIED WARRANTY, OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL INJURIES CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE OR JURISDICTION.
My Product needs service, what should I do? Locate your valid proof of purchase, showing the date of purchase, you will need it to obtain warranty coverage.
- Before attempting to diagnose or repair any Product, please backup all software, applications, and other data, including contacts, photos, music, and games, which will be erased during the repair process and cannot be reinstalled by Motorola and Motorola shall have no liability therefore.
- Review the online Motorola customer support website at www.motorola.com for troubleshooting information.
- If the Product is still not functioning properly after you have followed the troubleshooting instructions suggested on this website, please contact Motorola using the contact details provided on the customer support page of www.motorola.com.
- If your product is covered by this Limited Warranty, you may be required to download, or otherwise obtain and accept software updates. You are responsible for any third-party data costs incurred when obtaining the downloads. Before we can provide any further support under this Limited Warranty you must first comply with the warranty processes outlined above, and any repair instructions provided by Motorola.
- If the software update does not fix the problem, you will receive instructions on how and where to ship the Product for evaluation. You must supply: (i) proof of purchase; (ii) a written description of the problem; (iii) the name of your mobile network service provider, if applicable; and (iv) your home and email address and telephone number. Motorola reserves the right to charge you for the cost of shipping the Product to and from the authorized service center.
- If the Product is not covered by this Limited Warranty (and you do not have any other statutory rights in your place of residence), Motorola will inform you of the availability, price, and other conditions applicable to such out-of-warranty repair of the Product.
Addendum: Warranty periods by country
|Country/Region||Warranty Period (Months) Phone & Moto Mod/Charger/ Earphone/Non-Removable Battery/Removable Battery|
Guarantee policy (Mexico only)
This Guarantee Policy represents the only guarantee that applies to personal communication Products and Accessories of the Motorola Trademark that are purchased in Mexico.
Items covered by this Guarantee
It protects the manufacturing defects and hidden defects of the “Products” and “Accessories” (such as batteries, antennas, chargers, wired headphones, and wireless phones) of the Motorola trademark, described in the space that for such purpose is established on the back of this Guarantee Policy, which covers all of the parts, components, accessories, and labor of Motorola Products, as well as the transportation costs that derive from fulfilling this policy, within its service network.
The Motorola “Products” that this guarantee protects may be (a) cellular phones, (b) smartphones (pocket computers and cellular phones), (c) beepers, (d) two-way radios, (e) wireless phones.
Motorola, free of charge for you, shall have the option to repair or replace the “Products”, “Accessories” and components that present problems and are covered by the Guarantee. Motorola Comercial, S.A. de C.V. shall use used, equally functioning, refurbished, repaired, or second-hand parts or spare parts to repair the “Product.” Software updates shall not be provided.
Duration of the Guarantee
The duration of the guarantee shall be one year starting from the purchase date of the new “Product” or “Accessory” at an authorized establishment.
Procedure for exercising the Guarantee
To demand the fulfillment of this guarantee, the address where the “Product” or “Accessory” was purchased must be sent to the address of the Person Responsible for the “Products” and “Accessories” in Mexico:
Motorola Comercial S.A. de C.V.
Paseo de los Tamarindos No. 100, Piso 1, Oficina 101
Col. Bosques de las Lomas
Cuajimalpa de Morelos
México, Ciudad de México, C.P. 05120 Número
telefónico: 01 800 021 0000
or to the address of the authorized service center (which you can consult free of charge by calling 01 800 021 0000) and presenting the “Product” or “Accessory” with its parts and components.
To exercise this guarantee, you must present the “Product” or “Accessory” and this Guarantee Policy duly sealed by the establishment where it was purchased. In the event that this policy was not established on the date on which the “Product” or “Accessory” was purchased, you must present the receipt from this purchase.
Limitations or exceptions of this Guarantee
The guarantee shall not be valid:
- When the “Product” or “Accessory” has been used in conditions different than normal conditions.
- When the “Product” or “Accessory” has not been operated in accordance with the accompanying usage instructions.
- When the “Product” or “Accessory” has been changed or repaired by people who are not authorized by the national manufacturer, importer, or respective responsible retailer.
Motorola shall notify the consumer if the service request is covered by this guarantee policy; in the event that it is not covered, Motorola shall inform the consumer of the availability, prices and other conditions that apply to repairing the “Product”. Motorola shall only replace the “Product” or “Accessory”, upon turning in the “Product” or “Accessory” purchased. For more information about the “Product” that needs repairs that are not covered by this guarantee, please call 01 800 021 0000.
Product purchase date
Seal of the authorized distributor or establishment
where Product was purchased:
Note: In other countries, consult the local guarantee laws and regulations and your local Motorola office.
This phone works with 4G LTE technology and is enabled to operate on the band 4 – AWS and band 7 – 2,600 MH, for more information visit www.motorola.com/support.
Hearing Aid Compatibility (HAC). Go to
www.motorola.com/hacphones or see ‘Hearing aids’ in the user guide to learn more. Compatible energy-efficient power supplies. Motorola products are designed to work with a range of compatible power supplies. You can find a list on the product-specific EU Declaration of Conformity (DoC) at www.motorola.com/RED. To find energy efficiency information for your power supply, go to www.motorola.com/eu-erp.
Service & Repairs. If you have questions or need assistance, we’re here to help. Go to www.motorola.com/support, where you can select from a number of customer care options.
Copyright & Trademarks. MOTOROLA, the stylized M logo, MOTO, and the MOTO family of marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners. © 2020 Motorola Mobility LLC. All rights reserved. Motorola Mobility LLC
222 W. Merchandise Mart Plaza Chicago, IL 60654 www.motorola.com
To view the SAR and/or PD values for your phone, visit www.motorola.com/sar.
This product meets the applicable national or international
RF exposure guidance (SAR guideline)
when used normally against your head or, when worn or carried, at a distance of 5 mm from the body. To meet RF exposure guidelines during body-worn operation, the device should be positioned at least this distance away from the body. The SAR guideline includes a considerable safety margin designed to assure the safety of all persons, regardless
of age and health. To view additional information, visit www.motorola.com/rfhealth.
Product name …………..……………… Serial number /
Lenovo (Motorola Mobility LLC) guarantees that every purchased Lenovo hardware product is free from material and quality defects in case of normal use of the product during the warranty period.
The warranty period for the purchased product is 24 months from the original date of purchase stated on the receipt or invoice unless otherwise specified by Lenovo. The above-mentioned warranty period also applies to the accessories included in the product.
The warranty rights will be exercised upon presentation of ………………………… and confirmation that the entries in the warranty card are in conformity with the actual state of affairs.
Depending on the type of fault and the level of support selected, the customer will be informed about further service procedures. If the product needs to be delivered to the maintenance service, the product should be delivered in a company packaging or in a rigid box with intact flaps, secured inside with a suitable cushioning material. Each item
should be wrapped separately.
Any product defects discovered during the warranty period will be repaired or replaced free of charge. The time during which defective products remain in repair is not included in the warranty period. The maximum permitted repair time is 14 calendar days from the date the equipment is submitted to repair. The method of defect repair is determined by the guarantor.
During the warranty period, the guarantor will replace the product with an analogous one or another model, free from defects, with no worse technical parameters if:
- the reported defect is not removable, or
- the warranty service cannot be performed within the aforementioned period.
The Warranty Card should be filled in completely and legibly, signed by the seller and the buyer, and should not contain any deletions, corrections, etc.
The warranty does not cover mechanical damage, defects caused by improper use or use of the product inconsistent with the operating manual as well as defects caused by random events. Mechanically damaged parts of the device lose their warranty.
The warranty does not cover the restoration of the customer’s data or software.
The maintenance service may refuse warranty repair in the event of inconsistency of product serial numbers with serial numbers contained in the Warranty Card, illegible records, change or lack of product serial number, detecting unauthorized repairs, breach of warranty seals of the product or its components, or use of the product contrary to its intended purpose.
This warranty with respect to consumer goods does not exclude, limit or suspend the purchaser’s rights under the warranty provisions for defects in the sold item.
In the case of reporting a defect not covered by the warranty, the authorized Lenovo service may charge the Claimant with the costs of diagnostics and logistics.
This warranty is the sole warranty of the Customer in Poland. The guarantor of the device is Lenovo (Motorola Mobility LLC) Branch in Poland, ul. Gottlieb Daimler 1,
02-460 Warsaw. Hotline: +48 223 07 360
|Date of Acceptance for Service||Date of receipt||Type of fault||Stamp of the service facility|
Date of sale ……………………………. Stamp and signature of seller Authorized Lenovo service:
Regenersis (Warsaw) Limited, Janki, ul. Falencka 1B, 05-090 Raszyn Hotline:
+48 22 703 41 00 Open: Monday–Friday 8:30–18:00
The following statement applies to all products that bear the FCC logo and/or FCC ID on the product label.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. See 47 CFR Sec. 15.105(b). These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by
one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and the receiver.
- Connect the equipment to an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. See 47 CFR Sec. 15.19(a)(3).
Any changes or modifications to this device by the user could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment. See 47 CFR Sec. 15.21.
Your mobile device contains a transmitter and receiver of RF energy. It is designed to comply with regulatory requirements concerning human RF exposure.
For optimal device performance, and to stay within the RF exposure guidelines:
- Hold your mobile device normally at your ear when talking on it.
- When using the mobile device next to your body (other than in your hand or against your head), maintain a distance of 5 mm from your body to be consistent with how the mobile device is tested for compliance with RF exposure requirements.
- If you use your mobile device with a case or holder, make sure it maintains the required separation distance and has no metallic parts.
Hearing aid compatibility (US, Canada)
In the US, specific hearing aid compatibility (HAC) performance ratings can help clarify how certain wireless phones and hearing aids may perform together. HAC compliant wireless phones are capable of working with hearing aids that have a minimal immunity rating of at least 2. The immunity rating indicates how susceptible a hearing aid is to picking up interference from a digital wireless phone. It can rate the performance of the hearing aid for either microphone and/or telecoil coupling. Some hearing aids are more immune than others to this interference noise, and phones also vary in the amount of interference they generate. The US performance rating system for
HAC compliant wireless phones are as follows:
The “M” (microphone) indicates that the product has been tested and rated for acoustic coupling. The “T” (telecoil) represents that the product has been tested and rated for inductive coupling. The higher the “M” or “T” rating, the less likely the hearing aid user will experience interference when the hearing aid is set to the respective microphone or telecoil mode. The highest values to date are 3 and 4 (e.g., “M4” or “M3/T3”). To determine if a product is rated for HAC, please look for the HAC rating or logo on the phone’s packaging. For a list of current HAC models, visit www.motorola.com/hacphones
Results will vary depending on the user’s hearing aid and hearing loss. If your hearing aid happens to be vulnerable to interference, you may not be able to use a rated phone successfully. Trying out the phone with your hearing device is the best way to evaluate it for your personal needs. To a couple, the device to