Nicky Clarke Heated Compact Hair
Rollers Instruction Manual
PLEASE RETAIN FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
Thank you for purchasing your Nicky Clarke Heated Compact Rollers. To get the best from your new rollers, take a few moments to read these
instructions and keep them in a safe place for future reference. Should you require any further assistance, our friendly Customer Service
team will be happy to help.
This appliance is built to the very highest of standards. There are no user serviceable parts. If the unit fails to operate correctly, please follow these steps:
- Check the instructions within this booklet have been followed correctly.
- Check the socket is powered and working using another appliance.
- Check the fuse in the plug has not blown.
- Check the mains supply is functional. Check rollers are clean and free of dust. DO NOT insert
- anything into the rollers to clean them.
- Leave the product to cool for 30 minutes and check whether it works again.
If the appliance still fails to operate then please contact us at the below BEFORE returning to place of purchase:
For Customer Services please call 0345 209 7461 Or visit us at www.nickyclarke.com
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS READ CAREFULLY AND KEEP FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
- It is hazardous for anyone other than a competent person to carry out any service or repair operation that involves the removal of a cover which gives protection against exposure to electrical parts.
- This product is intended for household use only. DO NOT use outdoors.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children unless they are older than 8 and supervised. Keep the appliance and its cord out of reach of children less than 8 years.
- DO NOT wrap the cord around the appliance.
- DO NOT immerse in water or other liquids for cleaning.
- EU ONLY: If this appliance is used in a bathroom you MUST install a residual current device (RCD) with a rated operating current not exceeding 30mA in the electrical circuit supplying the bathroom. An electrician will advise you of this.*
- If the rollers are used in a bathroom, unplug it immediately after as the proximity of water presents a hazard even when the hairdryer is switched off
- DO NOT store or use the unit outdoors or on wet surfaces.
- DO NOT handle the plug or appliance with wet hands.
- Use only as described in this manual.
- DO NOT abuse the power cord; never carry the appliance by the cord or pull cord to disconnect from an outlet; grasp the plug and pull to disconnect from an outlet.
- Keep hair, clothing, fingers, and all parts of the body clear of heated parts.
- NEVER leave the appliance unattended when switched on.
- NEVER remove parts from the appliance such as the case, screws and so on.
- Only use the accessories supplied by the manufacturer.
- NEVER put any objects into the openings on the outer case.
*The fitting of an electrical socket for, or capable of, operating the appliance, is not permitted in the UK. Nevertheless, European standards require us to include this warning in these instructions
- This appliance is authorized for household/residential use only DO NOT operate this appliance for anything other than its intended use.
- DO NOT allow to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when used by or near children.
- Children should be supervised to ensure they don’t play with the appliance.
- Use only as described and for the uses described in this manual.
- DO NOT use the appliance if the power cord or plug has been damaged.
- DO NOT use appliance if it has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped in water. Contact customer services for advice.
- Keep power cord away from heated surfaces(e.g., cooking surfaces).
- NEVER use the appliance near showers, bathtubs, basins, or other vessels containing water.
- DO NOT put any objects into openings. Do not use with any opening blocked, keep free of dust, lint, hair and anything that may reduce particle flow into the appliance.
- Turn off and allow to cool the hair dryer before clearing the rear filter grille.
- Always allow the appliance to cool on a heat resistant surface before cleaning and storing it.
The illustrations in these instructions may differ slightly from the actual unit supplied.
- Unheated roller storage (for six rollers)
- Cord storage loop
- Ready-to-use indicator
- Hair Clips
- Roller heating/storage area (for six rollers)
- Hair clip storage
- Power indicator (in the bottom of the case)
- Zipped storage/travel case
Preparing for Use
- Remove all packaging and keep it safe until you are satisfied with your product
- DO NOT plug in the rollers until you are ready to use it
- Check the unit for any visual damage such as:
a. Misaligned or damaged parts
b. Damage to the body, plug or power cord
- If you can see any damage do not use the rollers and contact customer services.
- Ensure your hands are dry and your hair is dry or damp. DO NOT use on wet hair.
- Ensure your hair is tangle free
- Ensure there is no moisture on the appliance, or on the plug
Using Your Rollers
Always place your compact rollers on a solid, flat, stable, heat resistant surface. Do not place your rollers on a soft or uneven surface such as a carpet, bedding or rug and never cover your rollers.
- Unzip the case and remove the hair clips from their storage area ready for use. The case is divided into two halves. One half stores six rollers and the other half stores and heats six rollers. You can heat six rollers at a time.
- Fit the six rollers to be heated into the heating area. Align the pins on the bottom of the roller with the connector as shown. Make sure each roller is fully pressed down onto its connector.
- Plug your compact rollers in to the mains power supply. The power indicator in the bottom of the case will illuminate and your rollers will start to heat up
- One of the six red rollers and one of the six black rollers has a ready-to-use indicator on it. When the indicator turns white (after approximately 10 minutes) the rollers are ready to use. For different hair types, follow these heating guidelines:
These heating times are for guidance only and some experimentation may be required to select the ideal heating time for your hair.
- Separate a section of hair approximately 5cm in width and smooth it out with a brush.
- Place the roller at the end of the hair section and slowly wrap it around the roller. Use a hair clip to hold it in place.
- Once the six heated rollers have been used, heat the other six and use in the same way.
- When all 12 rollers have been used, unplug the unit from the mains supply socket.
Cleaning and Maintenance
To ensure your rollers remains at their optimal performance, it will require regular cleaning and maintenance.
- Unplug your compact rollers from the mains supply socket and allow them to completely cool down.
- Clean the storage case, hair clips and rollers by wiping over with a soft cloth moistened with water only. Dry thoroughly with a soft towel before storage or re-using.
- DO NOT use any harsh abrasives or cleaners as these will damage the appliance.
- Do not immerse any part of the appliance, rollers, cord set or plug in water or any other liquid.
If you have long hair or use large amounts of styling products, clean the rollers regularly i.e. once a month
Your rollers should not stop working, and are not user serviceable. Allow the rollers to cool completely before trying to use again. In the unlikely event that your rollers fail to operate, unplug it and contact customer services.
Ensure your rollers are completely cool and dry. Do not wrap the supply cord around your rollers. Store your rollers in a cool, dry, safe place out of the reach of children.
Connecting to the Mains Supply
This appliance has been designed for BS Plug outlets only. It can be used with a suitable adapter, but under no circumstances should the plug ever be removed and changed for a different type. Any action to physically change the plug outside of changing the fuse will void the warranty on this appliance. If the fuse in a molded plug needs to be changed, the fuse cover must be refitted. The appliance must not be used without the fuse cover fitted.
This symbol indicates that this unit is a Class II appliance and therefore an earth connection is not required.
PLEASE RETAIN YOUR RECEIPT AS PROOF OF PURCHASE
At Nicky Clarke, we take all our customer feedback seriously.
Contact our Customer Service Team, on 0345 209 7461
who will be more than happy to assist you.
This product is guaranteed for 12 months from the date of the original purchase. If any defect arises due to faulty materials or workmanship, the faulty product must be returned to the place of purchase with original proof of purchase. Refund or replacement is at the discretion of the retailer.
The following conditions apply:
– The product must be returned to the retailer with the original proof of purchase.
– The product must be installed and used in accordance with the instructions contained in this instruction guide and any other instructions for use which are supplied.
– It must be used for domestic purposes only and for its intended use.
– This warranty does not cover wear and tear, damage, misuse, use with incorrect voltage, acts of nature or consumable parts.
THIS DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS
For Customer Services please call 0345 209 7461
Or visit us at www.nickyclarke.com
Model: NHS005 / NHS005-C
This symbol is known as the ‘Crossed-out wheelie bin Symbol’. When this symbol is marked on a product/batteries, it means that the product/batteries should not be disposed of with your general household waste. Only discard electrical/electronic/battery items in separate collection schemes, which cater for the recovery and recycling of materials contained within. Your co-operation is vital to ensure the success of these schemes and for the protection of the environment. For your nearest disposal facility, visit www.recycle-more.co.uk or ask in store for details.
We reserve the right, due to possible changes to design, to alter the instruction manual without prior notice.
All rights reserved. Imported and distributed by G2S Ltd on behalf of Nicky Clarke©, Green Bank Business Park, Swan
Lane, Hindley Green, Wigan, WN2 4AY
This product may differ slightly from the one illustrated.
- Nicky Clarke | Nicky Clarke Hair Styling Products & Salons
- Everything you need to know to Recycle More