- Pump Holder
- Safety Valve
- Spray Bottle
- Pump Assembly
- Stainless Steel Lance with Two Nozzle Options (Fan and Cone Spray Patterns)
- Trigger Assembly
- Shoulder Strap
- Lance Holder
This sprayer is designed for domestic use only with water-based garden chemicals. The sprayer is equipped with Nitrite Rubber Seals. For correct chemicals, use follow the chemical supplier’s instructions and seek their advice if unsure of chemical combability. Not to be used for any other purpose. To be used by adults only.
Important: Under normal use and conditions the sprayer bottle has a maximum fife of five (5) years after the purchase date. The purchase date. place of purchase and product number should be recorded in this Product Manual.
Caution: contents under pressure. Read this before operating.
- Release pressure from the bottle before refilling or replacing parts. This is done by slowly pulling up the safety valve and holding it until all air has been released. Then unscrew the container cap. Note: some remaining air may be expelled.
- Inspect the condition of all fittings before each use. Do not attempt to use your sprayer with worn or damaged parts. These pals should be replaced. Refer to the spare parts list.
- Safety valve operation: overpumping will cause the safety valve to open and release excess pressure. It will close when safe operating pressure Is reached.
- Safety valve test: fill the bottle to the maximum filling level with clean water. Pressurize by pumping a few times. Once it has reached full pressure the valve should lift, allowing the red indicator to become visible and air to escape. If this does not happen, replace the safety valve.
- Your sprayer Is made from many different types of plastic materials, and although the liquid you may wish to use is packed in a plastic container, it is not guaranteed that it will not damage your sprayer. Your sprayer is designed for use with a broad range of domestic water-based herbicides, fungicides, insecticides, and fertilizers. Do not use other types of chemicals as they may be detrimental to the safe operation of your sprayer.
- Follow chemical suppliers’ on-pack instructions.
- Always wear protective clothing including safety glasses and gloves when using this sprayer.
- This sprayer is designed for domestic use and is to be used with water-based liquids only.
- Liquids used with sprayers can be dangerous; if swallowing or skin contact occurs, always refer to the safety instructions of the liquid used or contact the poison’s information center or a doctor immediately.
- Avoid spraying in windy conditions.
- Store out of direct sunlight and away from children.
- Always release pressure before filling, cleaning, or storing.
- Only person’s over the age of 18 should handle it.
* Refer to the diagram for assembly guidance.
- Ensure both ends of the lance have components fitted
- Attach the trigger assembly to one end of the lance and attach the nozzle to the other end of the lance.
- Ensure all fittings are tightened prior to spraying. in the correct order as per the image shown.
Reference 1 Operating Instructions Preparation:
- Before filling, release any pressure built up within the bottle by lifting the safety valve.
- Unscrew and remove the pump by turning the handle in an anti-clockwise direction.
- Fill the bottle with liquid to the desired level. Do not exceed the maximum capacity level marked on the bottle.
- Screw the pump handle back into position by turning the handle in a clockwise direction. Ensure all fittings are tightened before proceeding.Spraying:
- Pressurize the bottle by pumping the lever up to 10 times. Do not overpressure.
- Air will escape through the safety valve if the pressure is too high.
- Spray the desired area by holding down the trigger on the nozzle. The trigger can be locked for continual
- Choose the type of nozzle according to your spraying application.Cleaning:
- Ensure that pressure is released and that all sprayer components are rinsed thoroughly with water after use. This can be achieved by filling the bottle with clean water, pressurizing, and then emptying via the nozzle. Clean after every use and do not store liquids in the unit.
Make sure that the sprayer is not pressurized and contains no liquid. Do not store in direct sunlight and store out of reach of children. Refer to detailed safety instructions on pages 3 and 4.
Over a period of time, some chemicals can leave a build-up of residue that normal cleaning will not remove. This build-up can collect around the seals in your sprayer, which may eventually stop the sprayer from working. To overcome this problem we recommend that the bottle be half-filled with hot (not boiling) water. Pressurize and spray for a few minutes. The hot water should dissolve any built-up residue allowing your sprayer to operate normally.
Important: For safety, do not leave the sprayer unattended during this operation.
Important: If for some reason your sprayer needs to be returned for warranty purposes, PLEASE wash it out thoroughly to protect our service technicians from exposure to unknown substances.
AMES Australasia Pty Ltd (AMES) guarantees that this product will be free from defects in workmanship and materials for 2 years from the date of purchase. If such a defect becomes evident during that period, AMES will, at its option, either repair, replace, or refund the product. In the event of such a defect, the product should be returned to the place of purchase (together with proof of purchase and the original packaging) at the address below. Any handling and transportation costs (and other expenses incurred in claiming under this guarantee) are not covered by this guarantee and will not be borne by AMES. The obligation of AMES under this guarantee is limited to the circumstances set out above and is subject to; the customer being able to evidence the acquisition of the product, the purchase price paid for the product and the relevant defect in materials or workmanship; the product not having been altered, tampered with or otherwise dealt with by any person in a manner other than as intended in respect of the relevant product; and the product not having been used or applied in a manner that is contrary to customary usage or application for the relevant product or contrary to any stated instructions or specifications of AMES. In addition to other rights and remedies that may be available under law, our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law (for consumers in Australia) and the Consumer Guarantees Act (for consumers in NZ). If you are a consumer in Australia, you are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. If you are a consumer in New Zealand, we will comply with our obligations to you under the Consumer Guarantees Act. Call: (Australia) 1300 381 559 E-mail: [email protected] Address: Ames Australasia Pty Ltd, 1/660 Doncaster Road, Doncaster, Victoria, Australia, 3108. Website: www.nylex.com.au