ORCAM Read First-of-its-Kind Artificial Intelligence Assistive Reader
What’s in the Box?
- OrCam Read device
- Quick User Guide
- Wall charger
- Charging cable
- Wired earphones
- Cleaning cloth
Read Me First.
Thank you for purchasing the OrCam Read assistive technology device!
You have chosen a highly advanced, effective – and easy-to-use – wearable solution that helps you access your world and gain increased independence.
Before beginning your journey toward increased independence, please read this manual in full before using the device to ensure safe and proper use. Follow along the instructions provided in this manual with your OrCam Read to best get acquainted with your device and to test to ensure that all features of your OrCam Read function properly.
Safety and Warnings
Before using the OrCam device, read these precautions carefully to avoid dangerous situations and to ensure ideal performance of your device.
- Handle your OrCam device with care. It can be damaged if dropped, burned, punctured, or crushed. Do not open the outer casing of the device.
- Check that there is no physical damage to your OrCam device such as any cracks or dents in the outer casing of the device. Do not open the outer casing of the device.
- Check that the camera lens of your OrCam device is not cracked, damaged, or scratched.
- Confirm that the camera lens is not covered or dirty. Read the cleaning instructions below on how to properly clean your OrCam device.
- There are three magnetic mounts provided in the box. Should one of them be broken, do not use it; use a different one.
- Use only the charger supplied with your OrCam device. Using another charger may void your warranty and could cause severe injury to you or damage to the OrCam device.
- Check that the wall charger and charging cable are not damaged or broken.
- Do not attempt to replace the battery; you may damage it, which could cause overheating and even injury. The battery is designed to last for two years of average use (one charging cycle per day on average) after which it may need to be replaced.
- The OrCam device is designed to work in ambient temperatures between 32⁰F and 104⁰F (0⁰C and 40⁰C) and
in normal conditions (Relative Humidity of 10% to 90% RH and Atmospheric Pressure of up to 2000m above
sea level (700hPa)). The device can be damaged if used outside of this range. Store and transport in a cool, dry place (32⁰F to 104⁰F (0⁰C to 40⁰C) and Relative Humidity of 5% to 90% and atmospheric pressure of 700hPa to 1060hPa)). If the OrCam device overheats, the OrCam device will perform its powering-off procedure.
- The OrCam device is water-resistant but not waterproof. This means the device can withstand light rain or drizzle for short periods of time, although it is not recommended. Do not use the OrCam device in heavy rain, at the beach, near a swimming pool, or in or near a bathtub or shower. Do not submerge the OrCam device in any liquid. The OrCam device meets the standards of IP Code: IP22.
- Do not force a connector into a port or apply excessive pressure to a button. This may cause damage that is not covered under the warranty. If a connector does not insert easily, check for obstructions in the port and verify that you have the correct connector for that port. Do not combine with software, hardware, or other equipment not supplied by OrCam. Exposing the device to magnetic fields may damage the unit or erase your data.
- When using the OrCam device or charging the battery, it is normal for the device to get warm. If the unit becomes excessively hot, leaks, or gives off a burning smell, turn the device off immediately and contact OrCam Support.
- If you experience any issues operating the OrCam device, or if the device or any of its components, such as the camera lens or outer casing or charger, becomes damaged or stops working, please contact OrCam Support and do not attempt to repair it by yourself. Only qualified OrCam personnel may repair or service your device. Unauthorized repairs may void your warranty.
- OrCam recommends that the user should stay away from background noise so as to better hear the OrCam device. OrCam recommends that the user use a Bluetooth audio device such as earphones to better hear the OrCam device in loud environments.
- If you have specific questions about use alongside an internal pacemaker and/or defibrillator and/or cochlear implant, please, please consult your medical professional.
- If you experience an allergic reaction to any of the elements of the OrCam device, contact a medical professional immediately.
- Do not use your OrCam device to read medication labeling.
- OrCam Read meets the standard requirements in the US and EU for Class 1 medical devices.
Clean your OrCam device if you feel it is dirty or has been transferred between users. OrCam recommends cleaning your OrCam device at least once every two weeks, especially the camera lens. Never touch the camera lens with your finger. Clean the lens only with the supplied microfiber cloth and eyeglass cleaning fluid. Do not use any abrasive materials as this may damage the OrCam device. Do not expose the device to chemicals, such as household cleaners, aerosol sprays, solvents, alcohol, or ammonia as these may damage the OrCam device.
The power button is an embossed, thin, oval-shaped button on the thin, long side of the device located near the charging inlet. Use the power button to power the device and enter the audio settings menu.
The trigger button is an embossed, circle-shaped button that is located on the thin, long side of the device near the camera. The majority of functions are performed with the trigger button.
The volume buttons are embossed plus (“+”) and minus (“-”) buttons that are located on the thin, long side of the device near the trigger button. Several functions are performed with the volume buttons.
Battery LED Indicator.
There are 4 LED lights next to the power button. Each light represents up to 25% of available battery.
On/Off LED Indicator.
The On/Off LED Indicator is the small, OrCam logo-shaped light located on the thin, button-free, long side of the device near the speaker.
The On/Off LED indicator will turn orange as the device wakes up from power off, turning blue upon fully awakening.
Charging OrCam Read.
Before turning on the device for the first time, OrCam recommends charging the device for at least three hours. For all subsequent charges, OrCam Read fully charges in 90-120 minutes. To charge OrCam Read:
- Insert the charging cable into the charging inlet of OrCam Read.
- Plug the USB end of the charging cable into the wall charger.
- Plug the wall charger into an electrical outlet.
Notes on Charging and Battery Level.
- OrCam recommends using only the original OrCam charger provided.
- The OrCam Read charger supports 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz.
- OrCam recommends charging your device at least once a month if you do not use your device frequently.
- The device can charge when powered off, awake, and in Suspend mode. The device will wake up when charging in Suspend mode or powered off. When awake or in Suspend mode, the device will chime and announce it is charging. When powered off, the device will beep and the On/Off LED indicator will turn orange for a few seconds, turning blue upon fully awakening.
- If the device’s battery level is too low, the device will announce, “Warning, battery is running low. Currently [xx] percent charged”. When the device reaches one percent battery level, the device will announce, “Battery is too low”. OrCam Read will then undergo its shutting down procedure.
Turn On OrCam Read.
- Long press the power button for about 2 seconds. Let go of the power button once you hear the beep.
- The On/Off LED indicator will turn orange as the device wakes up, turning blue upon fully awakening.
- After about one minute you will hear a chime and then, “OrCam version [xx] is ready. Battery is [xx] percent charged”.
- After about one minute you will hear a chime and then, “OrCam version [xx] is ready. Battery is [xx] percent charged”.
Note: If you did not hear the phrase, “OrCam version [xx] is ready”, or you are not sure that OrCam Read is powered on, press the trigger button. If the device is powered on, you will hear an audio response.
Press the Trigger Button.
Press the trigger button once and OrCam Read will read captured text, stop reading, wake up from Suspend mode, or make selections in the audio settings menu.
Press One Volume Button
Press either volume button to adjust the volume, rewind or fast forward through text, or scroll through the audio settings menu.
Double-Press the Trigger Button
Rapidly press the trigger button twice to pause or resume reading, start a vocal command session, or exit the audio settings menu.
Press Both Volume Buttons
Press both volume buttons to switch between laser pointer modes.
Suspend Mode and Power Off.
Enter Suspend Mode.
When the device is powered on, entering the Suspend mode allows you to conserve battery life without shutting down your device completely.
- Press the power button once.
- You will hear a beep and, “Suspending. Press again to shut down”. Do not press the power button again.
- After a few seconds, you will hear, “Suspended” as the device enters the Suspend mode.
Exit Suspend Mode.
- Press either the power button or trigger button once.
- You will hear a beep and, “Waking up. Battery is [xx] percent charged”.
Turn Off OrCam Read.
- Press the power button once. You will hear a beep and, “Suspending. Press again to shut down”.
- Press the power button again. You will hear a beep and, “Shutting down, please wait”.
- Just before the device shuts down, you will hear, “Power off. Bye-bye”.
Automatic Suspend and Power Off.
- OrCam Read automatically enters the Suspend mode after three minutes of inactivity. This timeframe can be adjusted to a shorter or longer time in the audio settings menu.
- OrCam Read powers itself off after three hours in the Suspend mode.
Note: When left dormant for the set “automatic suspend time”, Suspend mode automatically begins and a small beep is played (no “Suspended” announcement will be heard), and will wake up when touched accompanied by a small beep (and not announce, “Waking up”).
Setting the Volume.
- Increase the volume by one level by pressing the plus (“+”) volume button once.
- Decrease the volume by one level by pressing the minus (“-”) volume button once.
OrCam Read will announce whether the volume level was raised or lowered, as well as when you reach the minimum or maximum volume level.
Note: You cannot change the volume while the device is reading. Pressing either volume button during reading will cause the device to read either the next or previous sentence.
OrCam vocal commands can be used to easily control your OrCam Read, change settings, or receive information. To use them:
- Double-press the trigger button. You will hear a long beep.
- Say a vocal command. You will then hear a chime.
- OrCam Read will then perform the requested action.
In addition to the traditional double-press of the trigger button, you may simply say, “Hey OrCam”, followed by the desired vocal command. For example, you can say, “Hey OrCam, enter the user menu”. Note that this feature is disabled by default. You may enable it in the audio settings menu.
List of Vocal Commands by Category
Reading with OrCam Read.
Reading with the Trigger Button.
- Hold OrCam Read steady, directly facing the text, at a distance of about 6-14 inches (15-35 cm) away from the text.
- Press the trigger button. You will hear a camera shutter sound.
- OrCam Read will make several beeps as it processes the text. It will then begin reading the text and chime when finished reading.
Note: You can also read more specific text by long-pressing the trigger button for up to 5 seconds. During the long press, adjust the border laser frame or mouse laser pointer to capture the desired text. If your finger is not released before 5 seconds transpire, the camera will not activate.
Easily navigate any text while reading.
- To pause or resume reading, press the trigger button twice.
- To skip to the next sentence, press on the plus (“+”) volume button once.
- To go back to the previous sentence, press on the minus (“-”) volume button once.
- To stop reading, press the trigger button once.
OrCam Read will make a chime sound when finished reading.
Note: The reading navigation functions do not work while reading in Smart Reading mode.
Laser Pointer Modes
The laser pointers are designed to help you focus your OrCam Read on any desired text. You can switch the laser pointer mode by pressing the plus and minus volume buttons at the same time. There are two laser pointer modes:
- “Border” for reading framed text.
- “Mouse” to start reading at a specific location. Note: OrCam Read captures the selected text within 5 seconds of pressing and holding the trigger button. If your finger is not released before 5 seconds transpire, the camera will not activate.
This feature is designed to help you find the information you are looking for in a faster and easier way. You can ask OrCam Read to read the due date and amount of your bills, read just the desserts section of a menu, read the phone number off a business card, and more.
- Hold OrCam Read directly facing the text at a distance of about 6-14 inches (15-35 cm) away from the text.
- Double-press the trigger button and say after the long beep, “Smart Reading”. The device will start making camera shutter sounds.
- After the device says, “Ready”, the device will always be listening. There is no need to subsequently double-press the trigger button before every vocal command.
- Say a vocal command.
- If you wish to say a new command while the device is reading, press the trigger button once and the device will return to “Always Listening” mode.
- To exit this feature, either say, “Exit”, or long press the trigger button for 5 seconds and then release. OrCam Read will say, “Exiting” as it exits the Smart Reading feature.
List of Smart Reading Vocal Commands:
- For best detection, ensure that the camera lens is directly facing the text or object with the long side of the device with all of the buttons facing upward, and the lens is not covered or dirty. The camera can only read text or recognize objects in its field of view.
- Make sure you do not move the texts or objects you would like OrCam Read to read or recognize while the device is taking a picture.
- Avoid taking pictures while walking or at moving texts or objects as the device may not read or recognize properly.
- OrCam Read will inform you whether the text is upside down, the environmental lighting is too dark, or it is unable to read the text.
- If you attempt to perform a feature and OrCam Read responds with a short chime, then the device is informing you that no action has taken place.
- If you are having trouble keeping the text steady, a book holder is recommended.
For more tips, advice, and troubleshooting support, visit the OrCam User Area at: https://www.orcam.com/en/read-user-area/.
Customize and Connect
Set and Tell the Time & Date.
There are three ways to set the internal clock of your device:
- Go to the Time Set page on the website: www.orcam.com/timeset. Press the trigger button to read the “OrCam Please Set Zone and Time” command on the screen.
- Set the time manually through the audio settings menu.
- The time will automatically be set or updated when your device is connected to WiFi.
- To hear the current time and date, enter the audio settings menu. Go to General Settings Menu, then to Set Time. Alternatively, you can use the vocal commands “Tell the Time” and “Tell the Date”. After a few seconds, OrCam Read will announce the current time and/or date.
Note: If your country of residence changes clocks for daylight saving time, upon daylight saving time beginning or ending, OrCam recommends following the instructions above to accurately set the time on your device.
Connect to WiFi and Software Update.
OrCam Read can automatically update its software over WiFi. Connecting your OrCam Read to
a WiFi network ensures that your device will install the latest software updates throughout the warranty period. During the warranty period, these updates are free of charge and typically include software improvements for the device’s existing functionalities. They will not include new features that may be available in the future. The device must be connected to the charger throughout the downloading process in order to receive the software updates.
To enable automatic software updates, make sure you are in a location with a WiFi network that you can access. You will need to know the WiFi network name and password, as well as connect your device to the charger, before beginning this process. Please note that OrCam Read only supports 2.4 GHz WiFi, not 5 GHz WiFi.
To connect to a WiFi network:
- On your computer or smartphone:
- Go to www.orcam.com/wifiset.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to set your WiFi network.
- A QR code will appear on the screen.
- With your OrCam Read:
- Connect OrCam Read to the charger.
- Hold OrCam Read in front of the screen (computer screen about 12-16 in [30-40 cm]; smartphone screen about 6-8 in [15-20 cm]) in order to scan the QR code.
- Press the trigger button.
OrCam Read will chime and make several beeps as it scans the QR code and connects to the WiFi network. OrCam Read will announce when it is connected.
Once you have connected to your WiFi network, OrCam Read will check for software updates every time you connect it to the charger in the area of your WiFi network and automatically install the newest updates that are available in your locality.
Use Bluetooth to connect your OrCam Read to an external speaker or earphones.
- On the speaker or the earphones:
- Press the Bluetooth pairing button. You will receive an audio response from the speaker or earphones.
- With your OrCam Read:
- ⸰ Enter the audio settings menu. Go to Connectivity Settings Menu, then to Bluetooth Settings Menu.
- ⸰ Select “To connect to a Bluetooth audio device, press the trigger button; for other settings, press the volume buttons”.
- OrCam Read will list all available Bluetooth devices.
- Press the volume buttons to scroll through the Bluetooth device options. Press the trigger button to select the speaker or earphones to which you want to connect.
On some Bluetooth speakers or earphones, you will hear a “connected” announcement.
Use the “OrCam Read” app to customize your OrCam Read’s settings, find your device if you misplace it, and play tutorials to learn how to use the device. To use the app, you will need to first connect your OrCam Read to your smartphone.
Note: The app is currently available only to iPhone and iPad users.
To download the “OrCam Read” app, go to the app store on your smartphone. Search and download the “OrCam Read” app.
Make sure that your smartphone’s Bluetooth mode is turned on before pairing your OrCam Read to the app. Follow the onscreen instructions while pairing the device (as provided below).
- Hold your OrCam Read vertically with the camera pointing towards the ceiling and close to your smartphone.
- Enter your name and email to receive a confirmation code.
- A confirmation code will be sent to your email. Check your email and write the confirmation code within the “OrCam Read” app.
- Read the Terms & Conditions. Once you have finished reading you may hit the Accept button.
- Congratulations! Your OrCam Read is now paired with the “OrCam Read” app!
Note: To use the app, your OrCam Read device must be powered on, and not powered off or in the Suspend mode.
The main screen contains the following features:
- Battery Indicator – An image that shows the battery charge percentage of your OrCam Read. If voiceover is enabled on your smartphone, the app will announce the battery charge percentage.
- Find Icon – If you lost or misplaced your OrCam Read while it is powered on and connected to the app, press this icon to make your device continuously beep. Press the icon again to stop the beeping.
- Learn Icon – Press this icon to access the OrCam Read tutorials found on the OrCam website.
- Settings Icon – Press this icon to easily access, view, and change the settings of your OrCam Read through the app in real-time instead of manually changing them on your device.
Notes on Mobile App.
- Do not allow unauthorized users access to your “OrCam Read” app. They might, unwittingly, change your settings, which may create an inconvenience for you.
- The language of the Settings section in the “OrCam Read” app is determined by the system language of your OrCam Read device, not by the language of your phone or app.
Customize your device’s settings via the audio settings menu.
Audio Settings Menu.
- To enter, while long pressing the power button, press either volume button and then release the power button.
- Once you are in the audio settings menu, listen carefully to the audio instructions.
- Pressing the trigger button once confirms the selected option; pressing either volume button scrolls through the options. Double-pressing the trigger button either sends the device back to the main menu or exits the audio settings menu.
- If you do not make a selection, the device will repeat the same message. If no action is made before 30 seconds transpire, the device will automatically exit the audio settings menu.
Audio Settings Menu Layout
Reading Rate Menu
This setting determines how fast your device speaks to you and reads text. You may set the reading rate level between 1 and 10, with 1 being the slowest setting and 10 being the fastest setting.
- You may set the volume level between 1 and 10, with 1 being the quietest setting and 10 being the loudest setting.
- OrCam Read will announce whether the volume level was raised or lowered, as well as when you reach the minimum or maximum volume level.
Reading Settings Menu
- Set Date Format
- You may change the date format between “month day year”, “day month year”, and “year month day”. This is to ensure that the device will read dates properly in texts.
- Enable or Disable Reading Navigation
- Reading navigation allows you to skip forward, backward, or pause while reading. You may enable or disable the feature.
- Enable or Disable Beeping when Paused during Reading
- You may enable or disable beeping sounds when the device is paused during reading.
- Set Reading Navigation Pause Time
- Reading navigation pause time determines how long the reading is paused before it is cancelled. You may set the reading navigation pause time to between 30 seconds and 5 minutes.
Language Settings Menu
- System Language Menu
- This is the language in which the device talks to you when making any system announcements.
- You may change the system language to any of the installed languages on your OrCam Read.
- Reading Language Menu
- This is the language in which the device reads text to you.
- You may change the reading language to any of the installed languages on your OrCam Read.
- You may also set the reading language to “Automatic Detection” in which the device will automatically detect and read text in any of the installed languages.
Country Settings Menu
- Device Country Menu
- Setting the country will change some parameters and settings, such as the time zone, time, and flicker rate of your device, so it can perform better within the chosen country. Your device will restart upon exiting the audio settings menu.
- Note: Changing the country will not change settings such as reading and system languages.
Connectivity Settings Menu
- Bluetooth Settings Menu
- Connect to a Bluetooth audio device.
- Use this option to connect your OrCam Read to a Bluetooth audio device.
- Retrieve the name of the connected Bluetooth audio device.
- Use this option to retrieve the name of the connected Bluetooth audio device.
- Disconnect from the connected Bluetooth audio device.
- Use this option to disconnect from the connected Bluetooth audio device.
- Forget all Bluetooth audio devices.
- Use this option to forget all Bluetooth audio devices from your OrCam Read.
- Connect to a Bluetooth audio device.
- WiFi Settings Menu
- Connect to a WiFi Network using the QR code.
- Use this option to connect your OrCam Read to a WiFi Network using the QR code.
- Retrieve the name of the connected WiFi.
- Use this option to retrieve the name of the connected WiFi.
- Remove all WiFi networks.
- Use this option to remove all WiFi networks from your OrCam Read.
- Check the status of the internet connectivity.
- Use this option to check the status of the internet connectivity.
- Connect to a WiFi Network using the QR code.
- Voice Menu
- You may change the default speaking voice of each language.
- Set Time
- The device will announce the current time and date. You may change the timezone, year, month, day, hour, and/or minute of the time and date.
- Set Automatic Suspend Time
- Automatic suspend time determines the time the device will wait in an idle state before entering the Suspend mode. You may set the time to between 2 minutes and 30 minutes.
- Feedback Sounds Menu
- Enable or Disable Processing Sounds
- Processing sounds indicate the device is processing the captured images. You may enable or disable the feature.
- Enable or Disable Announcements on Automatic Suspend and Resume
- These announcements indicate whether the device will announce “Suspended” and
“Waking up” or make a double beep sound upon automatic suspension of the device and subsequently awakening the device.
- Enabling this feature means that OrCam Read will announce “Suspended” and “Waking up” upon automatic suspension of the device and subsequently awakening the device.
- Disabling this feature means that OrCam Read will make a double beep sound without announcing “Suspended” or “Waking up” upon automatic suspension of the device and subsequently awakening the device
- You may enable or disable the feature.
- These announcements indicate whether the device will announce “Suspended” and
- Enable or Disable Processing Sounds
- Reset User Settings
- You will be able to reset all of the user settings back to the original default settings. Any learned products or faces will be permanently deleted.
- Change Camera Light Compatibility
- Here you may change the Flicker Rate to either 50 or 60 Hz depending on your region. It is recommended to choose the setting based on your location
- If you do not know the Flicker Rate of your location, we recommend changing the country settings of your device in the Country Settings Menu
- Enable or Disable Light Conditions Notification
- Light conditions notification will test and announce whether there is enough light for the device to work. You may enable or disable the feature
- Enable or Disable the Laser
- The laser pointers, both the border laser frame and the mouse laser pointer, are designed to help you focus your OrCam Read on any desired text. You may enable or disable the feature.
- Enable or Disable Automatic Flash
- Automatic flash will turn on the device lights in case you point or touch and there isn’t enough ight for the device to work. You may enable or disable the feature.
- Configure Vocal Commands
- OrCam vocal commands can be used to easily control your OrCam Read, change settings, or receive information.
- Vocal commands settings determine in which cases a vocal command can be used, either manually by double-pressing, fully either by saying, “Hey OrCam” or by double-pressing, or you may choose to disable the feature instead.
- OrCam Contact Information
- You can retrieve OrCam’s contact information here.
- Reset Installation Retries
- If you have failed to upgrade your device, this feature will allow you to reset your device in order to successfully upgrade without losing your learned data.
- Device Serial ID
- You can retrieve the device’s serial ID with this option.
- Version Information
- You will hear the full version information of the device by selecting this option, including all supported languages and features.
Terms and Conditions
Your use of your OrCam device (the “Product”) is subject to the Terms and Conditions found at orcam.com/terms-and-conditions. Your agreement to these Terms and Conditions is a condition to your use of the Product.
Please read the User Manual in full, including the important Safety Instructions, before using your OrCam device. Do not use your OrCam device until you have received in-person or online training by an authorized OrCam TrainerTM or OrCam Training Program. OrCam can take no responsibility if the Product was used other than in accordance with the instructions in the User Manual. Products should not be relied upon in circumstances that are potentially life- or health-threatening or that could lead to financial loss. OrCam devices should especially never be relied upon to drive vehicles or operate heavy machinery of any kind. OrCam shall not be responsible in the event that Products are used in such situations. OrCam may receive information from third parties (i.e. Barcodes of Grocery Products in selected countries). OrCam received Barcode information from Barcodes of Grocery Products in Australia and New Zealand from GS1 Australia. OrCam accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of the information obtained from third parties.
If you feel that a concern you have in connection with your privacy has not been met by the Privacy Statement, please contact us at [email protected] and let us know.
If you choose to download the App or use, interact with, register, or provide data to us in connection with the Services, you explicitly agree to the use of such data in accordance with this Privacy Statement. You may not use the Services or submit any data to us if you do not agree to any of the terms hereunder. This Privacy Statement shall not be construed in any manner to derogate from our Terms of Conditions or any other agreement made by and between OrCam and you.
The customer acknowledges that, other than as explicitly stated herein, OrCam does not make any representations or warranties to Customer regarding the Product, its functions or any images it produces.
The OrCam end-user limited product warranty (the “Limited Warranty”) covers the owner of an OrCam product against defects in material or workmanship at the time of its original purchase, for a subsequent period of one (1) year, and for any additional applicable legal warranty period. Original proof of purchase/delivery is required from the owner in order to obtain this coverage. OrCam will repair or replace, at its discretion, any product that is determined by OrCam to be covered under this Limited Warranty. OrCam will not be responsible for conditions arising as a result of intentional damage or misuse of the product. The owner is responsible for the costs of shipping the product to the location specified by OrCam.
This Limited Warranty is the sole and exclusive warranty applicable to OrCam products. No third party has the authority to make any representation, warranty, or agreement on behalf of OrCam with respect to OrCam products. No warranty of any kind or nature is made by OrCam beyond those expressly stated herein.
In no event shall OrCam be liable for any special, collateral, indirect, punitive, incidental, consequential, or exemplary damages in connection with or arising out of the use of the product. In no event shall OrCam’s liability exceed the price paid for the product. Without limiting any provisions limiting liability under this agreement, the limited warranty set forth herein will not apply, and the owner will reimburse OrCam for any costs and expenses incurred in the event that:
- the product has been subject to tampering, misuse, negligence, or accident
- the product or parts identification labels have been removed or the product has been otherwise altered
- the product has been opened, modified, repaired, serviced, maintained, or altered by someone other than an authorized OrCam representative
- the product has been combined with software, hardware, or other equipment not supplied by OrCam or not approved in writing by an authorized OrCam representative
- the product has been intentionally damaged or exposed to water, heat, or high voltage
- the product has been used by a person who has not completed training by an authorized OrCam TrainerTM Any parts replaced pursuant to this warranty will be under warranty for the remaining time of the original warranty period or for ninety (90) days from the date of repair, whichever is longer. To register your device for warranty, please visit the warranty registration website: https://discover.orcam.com/warranty.
If you believe that your product needs warranty support, contact [email protected] You will be responsible for shipping costs. However, if it is determined that the warranty request is valid, OrCam will pay the total cost of shipping the repaired or replaced product.
ORCAM DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ORCAM DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE PRODUCT WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR “BUG”-FREE, WILL OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, THAT ANY IMAGES OR SOUNDS PRODUCED BY THE PRODUCT WILL BE ACCURATE OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE PRODUCT WILL BE SECURE AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY ON ACCOUNT THEREOF. THIS SECTION SHALL BE ENFORCEABLE TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
You can return your undamaged device for a refund within the period required by local law or as agreed between
you and OrCam at the time of purchase. Training fees are non-refundable. Please contact your local representative or OrCam Support to initiate a return process. When you return the OrCam device, please follow OrCam Support instructions carefully. The device must be in the same condition that you received it and undamaged in any way. Your refund and how it is issued may differ based on how the device was purchased, its condition, and how long you’ve had the device. OrCam will process your return only after the carrier has received your device and delivered to OrCam. It usually takes up to three weeks for OrCam to receive (for international shipping involving local customs it may take longer) and process your return. Once OrCam issues your refund, it may take additional time for your funds to be made available in your account by your financial institution. For credit card payments, it may take 5 to 10 business days. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the OrCam Support team.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment to an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference. (2) This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Modifications not expressly approved by the manufacturer could void the user authority to operate the equipment under FCC Rules. NOTE: THE MANUFACTURER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RADIO OR TV INTERFERENCE CAUSED BY UNAUTHORIZED MODIFICATIONS TO THIS EQUIPMENT. SUCH MODIFICATIONS COULD VOID THE USER’S AUTHORITY TO OPERATE THE EQUIPMENT.
EU Authorized Representative for OrCam:
Arazy Group GmbH
The Squaire 12, Am Flughafen,
60549 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Telephone Number: +49 69 95932-5090
OrCam MyEye 2 meets Annex VII of the medical device Directive 93/42/EEC and
2007/47/EEC and the essential requirements set out in Annex 1.
Applied Standards: EN IEC 60601-1. ETSI EN 301 489-1. ETSI EN 301 489-17. FCC
Part 15, Subpart B. IEC/EN 60601-1-6. IEC 62366-1:2015. EN IEC 60601-1-2. EN
62304. RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU. WEEE. EN ISO 14971:2016. Council Directive
93/42/EEC of 14 June 1993 concerning medical devices.