ORICO NS-Type-C Series 3.5 inch 5 Bay Type C with RAID HDD Enclosure Alumium 5Gbps HDD Docking Station
Take you to explore the newest storage fun.
The manual of ORICO NS disk station
The series of disk stations are ORICO high-end storage products, with aluminum-magnesium alloy body and anodizing surface, a kind of great products with excellent design; Unique magnetic opening type provides you a nice installation experience; Type-C interface with USB3.1 To SATA3.0 program, supporting USB 3.1 Gen1 5Gbps high speed transmission and UASP Acceleration Protocol. ORICO disk station will bring you a different product experience with a new design.
To avoid loss of data of your hard drive, reading this manual, trying to use a hard drive that does not have a saved file, so that you can safely familiarize yourself with the use of this product.
- Type-C interface supports forward and reverse insert.
- Some models have built-in silent cooling fan, strong cooling function.
- Support UASP Acceleration Protocol.
- External high-power power supply to protect the hard drive’s stable operation.
- Support hot-swappable, plug and play.
Structural design, appearance characteristics
(1) Unique magnetic opening type of the front panel, the lid can be closed exactly and easily.
(2) Many cooling holes in rear panel to meet the metal body heat dissipation.
(3) Aluminum ridge plus arc chamfer design of the periphery of the product, simple and stable.
(4) Sandblasted anodized surface , black and white color choices.
What’s in the box
Due to the need to update the product, the appearance of the product and the packaging or accessories may change, please take the real object you received, thank for your support! If you have any questions, please contact your dealer.
About the manual
This manual is compatible for the NS products with Type-C interface. The corresponding products are as follow.
Model: NS100C3, NS200C3, NS400C3, NS500C3, NS800C3
- Power Button
- Type-C Interface
- Power Interface
- Front Lid
- Hard Drive Indicator
|①||Power button||Power switch|
|②||Type-C Interface||Data transfer interface, the insertion|
|③||Power Interface||12V power input interface (always use the original power adapter)|
|④||Front lid||Magnetic opening type|
|⑤||Hard drive Indicator||The right one is power light, other lights are hard drive light (Note: The NS100C3 has only one LED light)|
Hard drive indicator
|The status of LED indicator||Details|
|Power||Power light always is blue|
|Insert hard drive||Hard drive light always is blue; no hard disk, the hard drive light does not shine|
|Read||The hard drive light blinks blue|
|Malfunction||The hard drive light always is red|
|Hibernation||The hard drive light does not shine|
|Speed||5Gbps / NS100C3 Support 10Gbps (Theoretical value)|
|Disk supported||3.5 Inch SATA HDD|
|Installation||Magnetic opening type, tool-free|
|Texture||Aluminum alloy +ABS|
|System supported||Windows / Mac OS / Linux|
|NS100C3||215.5(L)×42(W)×131(H)mm / 8.48×1.65 ×5.16 Inch|
|NS200C3||223(L)×71(W)×134(H)mm / 8.8×2.8×5.28 Inch|
|NS400C3||223.5(L)×129(W)×135(H)mm / 8.8×6.3×5.31 Inch|
|NS500C3||223.5(L)×159.6(W)×136(H)mm / 8.8× 6.28×5.35 Inch|
|NS800C3||247.6(L)×225(W)×140(H)mm / 9.75× 8.86×5.51 Inch|
Hard drive Installation
Step1: Open the disk station, hold the product by hand, and pull out the magnetic lid directly with another hand.
Step2: Put the hard drive into the disk station, use the hard drive to open the shrapnel, insert one end of hard drive with interface into the disk channel. Note: Insert the hard disk, with the front side of the hard disk (with sticker) to the left.
Step3: Close the lid, the lid will be automatically adsorbed by the disk station for the magnetic opening type.
Connect with computer
After inserting the hard drive, insert the original power adapter into the power port, use the data cable to connect the product data port, and the other end is connected to the computer’s USB port.
(1) Remove it from the Windows system
First, stop the read and write operations of the hard drive, and then click the USB small icon on the taskbar, select the disk drive that is needed to be uninstalled to complete uninstall.
(2) Remove it from
MAC First, stop the read and write operations of the hard drive, and then drag the disk drive to the Recycle Bin to complete the uninstall.
Initialize and Format New Drives under Microsoft Windows
New drive need to be initialized and formatted or it won’t work. Please follow the following direction to initialize and format your drive if you are mounting a new drive.
- Please ensure you have mounted drive to ORICO dock properly and attach the orico dock to computer.
- Right click on computer, Select “Manage”, Open “Disk Management” in “Storage” of opened windows. a popup will come up here suggest a new drive need to be initialized. please select the disks and click ok will get it initialized.
A. if you are mounting a drive which not larger than 2TB and may using on a windows vista or eariler computer, initialize with partition style MBR is recommended.
B. If you are mount a drive larger than 2TB, initialize with partition style GPT is recommended. or you will get 2TB of the drive applicable and the rest will be unable to initialize. C. If you closed this windows by mistake or the windows have never come up, right click on the “Disk Number” and select “Initialize Disk” will get the windows come up.
- Right click on unallocated new drive, select “New Simple Volume” will start to add new volume and format it.
- set the volume size of your new volume. You can customize the size your expected. Or you can set the size of the volume at maximum disk space to set the drive to one volume.
- Assign new drive letter for the new volume. drive letter such as C, D, E, F, G will shown in computer and explorer for application.
- Format your new volume. You can set the file system (NTFS or FAT32), allocation unit size and volume label here. Perform a quick format is recommended. Please click “Next” when everything is configured.
- Click “Finish” will Start to Format the Volume.
- The formatting will take 5 to 30 seconds. When the formatting is done, the new volume will be ready for any application.
- Please check if usb hosts of computer are working properly. Attach ORICO device and drive to rear usb hosts is recommended if you are using a desktop computer.
- Mount one drive for test is recommended. please check if the ORICO device will works well when one drive mounted to HDD slot 1.
- Please ensure the cable and power adapter attached properly
- Please ensure the drive have been formated properly. Right click on computer, select “Manage”, Open “Disk Management” in “Storage” of opened windows will shows any drive mounted to your computer and if they are formated or not. please follow the direction of “Initialize and Format New Drives under Microsoft Windows” if your are mounting new drives.
- Please test the ORICO device and drive via other USB3.0 or 2.0 hosts or another computer if available.
- Please test the ORICO device and drive with other USB3.0 cable or USB2.0 cable for printer if available.
If the issue remains, please contact ORICO customer care center and let us know the detailed info of your drive and computer with a screen shot of “Disk Management” & “Disk Drives” under “Device Manager”. ORICO customer care center will be here to help. ORICO Customer Care Center Website: http://www.oricoonline.us/download.aspx ORICO customer care team: [email protected] Tel: 86-755-25196059
ORICO Technologies Co., Ltd., all rights reserved.
Thank you so much for purchase ORICO product. Please refer to this manual when using orico product or experienced issues. Additionally, please kindly contact ORICO customer care team if any concern.
ORICO® is registered trademark of ORICO Technologies Co., Ltd.. Any other product, trademark, service or company mentioned herein is trademark or registered trademark of the respective owners.
This manual is for reference only and it’s not a guarantee.
ORICO Technologies Co., Ltd. reserve all rights of maintenance to this manual and shall not liable for any lost or damage resulting from this manual. Please kindly contact orico customer care team when any concern.
ORICO Technologies Co., Ltd shall not liable for compensation and maintenance of the following conditions.
- Any special, incidental, indirect and secondary lost or damage.
- Profit and revenue lost or damage.
- Files, data, drive and device lost or damage.
Note: Compensation for lost or damage resulting from This manual or orico product shall not exceed the payment of your purchase to this product.
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:(1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2)this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
ORICO Technologies Co.,Ltd.
Company Add: 19/F, Block 14A, Zhonghaixin Science &Technology Park, Longgang District, Shenzhen, China
Factory Add: Room 201, Building 11, No. 24, Tangjiao Road, Changping Town, Dongguan City, Guangdong, China