NS-USB3.0 Series 3.5 Inch USB 3.0 HDD Docking Station
Take you to explore the newest storage fun.
1.1 The manual of ORICO NS disk station
The series of disk stations are ORICO high-end storage products, with aluminum-magnesium alloy body and anodizing surface, a kind of great products with excellent design; Unique magnetic opening type provides you a nice installation experience; Type-C interfaces with USB3.1 To SATA3.0 program, supporting USB 3.1 Gen1 5Gbps high-speed transmission and UASP Acceleration Protocol. ORICO disk station will bring you a diﬀerent product experience with a new
To avoid loss of data of your hard drive, read this manual, trying to use a hard drive that does not have a saved ﬁle, so that you can safely familiarize yourself with the use of
1.3.1 Product Functions
- Support SATA1, SATA2, SATA3, speed up to 6Gbps.
- Some models have a built-in silent cooling fan, a strong cooling function.
- Support UASP Acceleration Protocol.
- External high-power power supply to protect the hard drive’s stable operation.
- Support hot-swappable, plug and play.
1.3.2 Structural design, appearance characteristics
- Unique magnetic opening type of the front panel, the lid can be closed exactly and easily.
- Many cooling holes in the rear panel meet the metal body heat dissipation.
- Aluminum ridge plus arc chamfer design of the periphery of the product, simple and stable.
- Sandblasted anodized surface, black and white color choices.
1.4 What’s in the box
Due to the need to update the product, the appearance of the product and the packaging or accessories may change, please take the real object you received, thank for your support! If you have any questions, please contact your dealer.
1.5 About the manual
This manual is compatible for the NS products with USB3.0 interface and RAID unction. The corresponding products are as follows. Model
NS100U3, NS200U3, NS400U3, NS500U3, NS800U3
- Power Button
- USB3.0 Interface
- Power Interface
- Front Lid
- Hard Drive Indicator
|0||Power button||Power switch|
|0||USB3.0 Interface||Data transfer interface, the insertion|
|0||Power Interface||12V power input interface (always use the original power adapter)|
|C||Front lid||Magnetic opening type|
|0||Hard drive Indicator||The right one is a power light, the other lights are hard drive light
(Note: The NS100U3 has only one LED light)
2.2 Hard drive indicator
|The status of the LED indicator||Details|
|Power||The power light always is blue|
|Insert hard drive||The hard drive light always is blue; no hard disk, the hard drive light does not shine|
|Read||The hard drive light blinks blue|
|Malfunction||The hard drive light always is red|
|Hibernation||The hard drive light does not shine|
2.3 Product parameter
|Series||Products with USB3.0 Interface|
|Disk supported||3.5 inch SATA HDD|
|Installation||Magnetic opening type, tool-free|
|Texture||Aluminum alloy +ABS|
|System supported||Windows / Mac OS / Linux|
|NS100U3||215.5(L) x 42(W) x 131(H)mm / 8.48 x 1.65 x5.16 Inch|
|NS200U3||223(L) X 71(W) x 134(H)mm / 8.8 X2.8 X5.28 Inch|
|NS400U3||223.5(L) x 129(W) X 135(H)mm / 8.8 X 6.3 X5.31 Inch|
|NS500U3||223.5(L) x 159.6(W) X 136(H)mm / 8.8 X 6.28 x 5.35 Inch|
|NS800U3||247.6(L) x 225(W) X 140(H)mm / 9.75 x 8.86×5.51 Inch|
2.4.1 Hard drive Installation
Step1: Open the disk station, hold the product by hand, and pull out the magnetic lid directly with another hand.
Step2: Put the hard drive into the disk station, use the hard drive to open the shrapnel, insert one end of the hard drive with an interface into the disk channel.
Note: Insert the hard disk, with the front side of the hard disk (with sticker) to the left.
Step3: Close the lid, the lid will be automatically adsorbed by the disk station for the magnetic opening type.
Connect with computer
After inserting the hard drive, insert the original power adapter into the power port, use the data cable to connect the product data port and the other end is connected to the computer’s USB port.
2.4.3 Remove Devices
(1) Remove it from the Windows system
First, stop the read and write operations of the hard drive, and then click the USB small the icon on the taskbar, select the disk drive that is needed to be uninstalled to complete
(2) Remove it from MAC
First, stop the read and write operations of the hard drive, and then drag the disk drive to the Recycle Bin to complete the uninstall.
Ⅲ Initialize and Format New Drives under Microsoft Windows
A new drive needs to be initialized and formatted or it won’t work. Please follow the following direction to initialize and format your drive if you are mounting a new drive.
- Please ensure you have mounted the drive to the ORICO dock properly and attach the orico dock to the computer.
- Right-click on the computer, select “Manage”, Open “Disk Management” in “Storage” of opened windows. a popup will come up here suggesting a new drive need to be initialized. please select the disks and click ok will get it initialized.Note: A. if you are mounting a drive which not larger than 2TB and may using on a windows vista or earlier computer, initializing with partition style MBR is recommended. B. If you are mounting a drive larger than 2TB, initialize with partition style GPT is recommended. or you will get 2TB of the drive applicable and the rest will be unable to initialize. C. If you closed these windows by mistake or the windows have never come up, right-click on the “Disk Number” and select “Initialize Disk” will get the windows to come up
- Right-click on the unallocated new drive, select “New Simple Volume” and start to add a new volume and format it.
- set the volume size of your new volume. You can customize the size your expected. Or you can set the size of the volume at maximum disk space to set the drive to one volume.
- Assign a new drive letter for the new volume. drive letters such as C, D, E, F, G will be shown in the computer and explorer for application.
- Format your new volume. You can set the ﬁle system (NTFS or FAT32), allocation unit size and volume label here. Perform a quick format is recommended. Please click “Next” when everything is conﬁgured.
- Click “Finish” will Start to Format the Volume.
- The formatting will take 5 to 30 seconds. When the formatting is done, the new volume will be ready for any application.
4.1 Trouble Shotting:
- Please check if USB hosts of the computer are working properly. Attaching the ORICO device and drive to rear USB hosts is recommended if you are using a desktop computer.
- Mounting one drive for a test is recommended. please check if the ORICO device will work well when one drive is mounted to HDD slot 1.
- Please ensure the cable and power adapter are attached properly.
- Please ensure the drive has been formatted properly. Right-click on the computer, select “Manage”, Open “Disk Management” in “Storage” of opened windows will show any drive mounted to your computer and if they are formatted or not. please follow the direction of “Initialize and Format New Drives under Microsoft Windows” if you are mounting new drives.
- Please test the ORICO device and drive via other USB3.0 or 2.0 hosts or another computer if available.
- Please test the ORICO device and drive with other USB3.0 cabless or USB2.0 cables for the printer if available.
If the issue remains, please contact the ORICO customer care center and let us know the detailed info of your drive and computer with a screenshot of “Disk Management” &
“Disk Drives” under “Device Manager”. ORICO customer care center will be here to help. ORICO Customer Care Center
ORICO customer care team: [email protected]
ORICO Technologies Co., Ltd., all rights reserved.
Thank you so much for purchasing the ORICO product. Please refer to this manual when using orico products or experiencing issues. Additionally, please kindly contact the ORICO customer care team if any concerns.
ORICO® is a registered trademark of ORICO Technologies Co., Ltd.. Any other product, trademark, service or company mentioned herein is a trademark or registered trademark of the respective owners.
This manual is for reference only and it’s not a guarantee. ORICO Technologies Co., Ltd. reserve all rights of maintenance to this manual and shall not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from this manual. Please kindly contact the orico customer care team when any concerns.
ORICO Technologies Co., Ltd shall not liable for compensation and maintenance of the following conditions.
- Any special, incidental, indirect, and secondary loss or damage.
- Proﬁt and revenue lost or damaged.
- Files, data, drives, and devices lost or damaged.
Note: Compensation for loss or damage resulting from This manual or orico product shall not exceed the payment of your purchase to this product.
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules.
Operation is subject to the following two conditions:(1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2)this device must accept any interference received, including
interference that may cause undesired operation.
ORICO Technologies Co., Ltd.
Hotline: 400-6696298 Tel: 86-755-25196059
Website: www. orico.cc
E-mail: [email protected]
Company Add: 19/F, Block 14A, Zhonghaixin Science &Technology Park, Longgang District,
Factory Add: Room 201, Building 11, No. 24, Tangjiao Road, Changping Town, Dongguan City,