ororo B08LZQY5VH Amsterdam Heated Mittens User Guide
IN THE PACKAGE
- RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES
Read all safety warnings and all instructions, including those given in the accompanying brochure. Failure to follow the warnings and instructions may result in electric shock, fire, and/or serious injury. Save all warnings and instructions for future reference.
MEET YOUR NEW MITTENS
- Power Button
- Adjustable Cuff
- 3M™ Thinsulate™ Insulation
- Anti-Loss Leash
- Hook-and-Loop Closure
- Hand-Shape Heating Element
- Touchscreen Compatible Finger Tips
- Goatskin Leather Palm
- Battery Pocket
IMPORTANT: DISCONNECT AND REMOVE the battery from the zipper pocket, put the connector back, and zip up before washing the mittens.
Do not soak the mittens in water completely. Wash one side at a time.
- HAND WASH WITH COLD WATER
- DO NOT IRON
- DO NOT BLEACH
- DO NOT DRY CLEAN
- DO NOT WRING OR TWIST
- LINE DRY ONLY AND DO NOT MACHINE DRY
Charge both batteries fully before first use. The LED light on the charger should turn green from red when the batteries are fully charged.
- Pull out power connector and insert it into the port on the battery.
- Put the battery in the zipper pocket.
- To activate, press and hold the power button for 3 seconds. The mittens will start pre-heating with orange LED light blinking (for 5 minutes). Then it will automatically adjust to medium heat (two orange LEDs).
- To turn off, press and hold the power button for 3 seconds until LEDs turn off.
The heating level can be adjusted by pressing the power button. At a room temperature of 77°F/25°C, the mittens can heat up to 140°F/60°C on high, 122°F/50°C on medium, and 113°F/45°C on low. (The temperature data is obtained by measuring the heating elements.)
HEATED MITTENS SAFETY INFORMATION & WARNINGS
Read all safety warnings and instructions below. They apply to all ORORO heated accessories, including but not limited to heated gloves, heated mittens, and heated socks. Failure to follow the warnings and instructions may result in electric shock, fire and/or serious injury.
- Allow the product to dry completely before wearing if the inner lining becomes wet. Water entering a heated garment will increase the risk of electric shock.
- Disconnect the battery from the power cable and remove the battery pack before storing or hand washing the product. Such preventive safety measures reduce the risk of the product starting accidentally.
- Use the product in accordance with these instructions, taking into account the environment the product is to be worn. Use of the product for operations different from those intended could result in a hazardous situation.
- Consult your physician to determine if using this product is appropriate. Some medical conditions, medical devices or medications can cause sensitivity to heat.
- Shut off power immediately if any discomfort occurs.
- Discontinue use immediately If the product does not operate properly.
- Follow instructions given on the washing label or in the CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS section of this manual.
- Maintain labels that carry important information. If it is unreadable or missing, email ORORO customer service at [email protected].
- Use the product on
- An infant or young child
- An incapacitated or immobile person
- A person with diabetes
- A person who is paralyzed or has skin that is sensitive to temperature changes
- Anyone insensitive to heat, such as a person with poor blood circulation
- Anyone who cannot clearly understand the instructions and/or operate controls
- Use the product if the power button does not turn it on and off.
- Use the product when sleeping.
- Use the product under the influence of drugs or alcohol as this can increase skin sensitivity and/or impair the ability to recognize the sensation of a burn.
- Use the product on open wounds.
- Use the product continuously for over 2 hours. Check your feet/hand regularly or redness of the skin. Excessive heat levels over prolonged periods of time can lead to burns.
- Wait until your hands/feet are cold before increasing the heat setting. Cold hands/feet reduce the skin’s sensation to heat and therefore increase the risk of burns.
- DO NOT allow the cord to get tangled, pinched or damaged in the battery pocket. Damaged cords can lead to fires.
- DO NOT attach pins or any other object to the product. Doing so may damage the electrical wiring.
- DO NOT dry-clean.
- DO NOT use bleach. Cleaning solvents may damage or lessen the effect of the insulated heating elements.
BATTERY SAFETY & CHARGING INSTRUCTIONS
Rechargeable lithium-ion batteries are potentially hazardous and can present a serious FIRE HAZARD if damaged, defective, or improperly used. Before using the battery and charger, read the safety instructions below.
Never attempt to open the battery pack for any reason. If the battery pack case is cracked or damaged, do not insert it into the charger. Do not crush, drop or damage the battery pack. Do not use a battery pack or charger that has received a sharp blow, been dropped, run over or damaged in any way (e.g., pierced with a nail, hit with a hammer, stepped on).
Do not store or carry the battery pack so that metal objects can contact exposed battery terminals. For example, do not place the battery pack in aprons, pockets, tool boxes, product kit boxes, drawers, etc., with loose nails, screws, keys, etc. When transporting individual battery packs, make sure that the battery terminals are protected and well insulated from materials that could contact them and cause a short circuit.
Battery liquid may be flammable if exposed to spark or flame.
2.4 oz (68 gram)
- Fully charge before first use.
- Fully charge every 6 months.
- Charge the battery at recommended temperature of 41°F to 104°F (5°C to 40°C).
- Use the battery at recommended temperature of 14°F to 86 °F (-10°C to 30°C).
- Keep the battery away from moisture. Store the battery pack where the relative humidity is 60 ± 15% RH.
- Charge the battery with other chargers except for the designated ORORO charger.
- Charge or use the battery in explosive atmospheres, such as in the presence of flammable liquids, gases or dust. Inserting or removing the battery from the charger may ignite the dust or fumes.
- Force the battery pack into the charger.
- Disassembles, drops, or break opens the battery pack or charger.
- Modify the battery pack in any way to fit into a non-compatible charger, as the battery pack may rupture, causing serious personal injury.
- Splash or immerse in water or other liquids.
- Store or use the battery pack in locations where the temperature may reach or exceed 105 °F (40 °C).
- Store or leave the product unattended with a battery connected.
- Store the battery pack together with metal objects.
- Dispose of used batteries in household trash or by burning.
- Incinerate the battery pack, even if it is severely damaged or is completely worn out. The battery pack can explode in a fire. Toxic fumes and materials are created when lithium-ion battery packs are burned.
Battery acid may leak from damaged batteries under abusive conditions. Avoid contact. In case of contact with battery acid, wash it off immediately with soap and water. In case of eye contact, rinse thoroughly for at least 10 minutes and immediately seek medical attention or call your local poison control center.
- ORORO’s limited warranty applies to all BRAND-NEW items sold by ororowear.com and other authorized dealers.
- ONE (1) YEAR limited warranty covers any defects and malfunctions of this product from the date of purchase.
- This warranty is non-transferable and proof of original purchase from us or an authorized dealer is required for warranty service.
- Damage to the parts resulting from accidental fire, flood, misuse, unauthorized service, or negligence as outlined herein will void the warranty. Warranty does not cover commercial use.
Activate Your 1 Year Limited Warranty
Supporting Customer Happiness
- Customer Support – ORORO
- ORORO® Heated Apparel | Heated Jacket, Vest, Gloves for Everyday
- ORORO® Heated Apparel | Heated Jacket, Vest, Gloves for Everyday