Oster 5.5L Air Fryer Instruction Manual
WHEN USING ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES, BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
- Read all instructions before using this product.
- This appliance generates heat during use. Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs. Allow to cool before handling.
- To protect against electric shock, do not place or immerse cord, plugs, or appliance in water or other liquid.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use, before putting on or taking off parts and before cleaning. Allow to cool before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning. To disconnect, turn timer knob to ZERO, then unplug power cord from outlet.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions, or has been damaged in any manner. Do not attempt to replace or splice a damaged cord. Return appliance to the manufacturer (see warranty) for examination, repair or adjustment.
- The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance manufacturer may cause injuries.
- Do not use outdoors or for commercial purposes.
- Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
- Do not place on or near wet surfaces, or heat sources such as a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
- Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot oil or other hot liquids.
- Use caution when opening the basket during or after a cooking cycle. Escaping steam and spilled food can cause serious burns.
- Hot steam is released during air fryer operation. Keep your hands and face at a safe distance from the vent.
- Do not use appliance for other than intended use. Misuse can cause injuries.
- This appliance is designed to be used ONLY for household applications, for guest usage in motels and hotels, for big country houses, for dining or housing environments, and the kitchen area in stores, offices or other working environments.
Keep 6 inches (152mm) clear from the wall and on all sides. Always use appliance on a dry, stable, level surface.
- Never operate this appliance by means of an external timer or separate remotecontrol system.
- Do not move or cover the Air Fryer while it is in operation.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
POWER CORD INSTRUCTIONS:
A short power-supply cord or detachable power-supply cord is provided to reduce risks resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord. Longer detachable power-supply cords or extension cords are available and may be used if care is exercised in their use. If a long detachable power-supply cord or extension cord is used:
- The marked electrical rating of the cord set or extension cord should be at least as great as the electrical rating of the appliance;
- The cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over unintentionally; and
- If the appliance is of the grounded type, the cord set or extension cord should be a grounding-type 3-wire cord.
Do not pull, twist or otherwise abuse the power cord.
- Some countertop and table surfaces are not designed to withstand the prolonged heat generated by certain appliances. Do not set the heated unit on a finished wood table.
We recommend placing a hot pad or trivet under your Air Fryer to prevent possible damage to the surface.
- During initial use of this appliance, some slight smoke and/or odor may be detected.
This is normal and should go away after a few uses.
- Fryer basket
- Button lid
- Button for removing fryer basket
- Basket handle
- Power Lamp
- Heating Lamp
- Time control dial
- Temperature control dial
- Air outlet
- Power cord store
- Power cord
before first use
Never immerse any part of the Air Fryer body, power cord or plug in water or any other liquid. Before assembling or disassembling your Air Fryer, ensure it is unplugged and all parts are cool.
Unpack the appliance and remove all packaging, promotional materials and stickers. Remove all printed documents. Wash the inner cooking basket with hot, soapy water.
Rinse then dry all of the parts. Lightly cover the entire cooking surface with cooking oil.
Turn on the appliance and warm to maximum heat. Then turn off and cool completely.
Clean excess oil off with hot water without rubbing. Finally, dry the surface with a dry cloth. Now the Air Fryer is ready to be used
guide to oils and fats
Using your Air Fryer to cook food will help you to reduce the amount of oil needed in some recipes, which may benefit your diet.
The table below lists some of the more widely available, popular oils. All of them can be used in your Air Fryer. However, for best results, we recommend Vegetable or Rapeseed oil.
|Shallow, deep and stir frying.|
|Rapeseed oil (often called vegetable oil)||
Shallow, deep and stir frying.
Shallow, deep and stir frying.
|Shallow, deep and stir frying.|
Shallow and stir frying. Marinades, dressings, drizzling.
|Shallow, deep and stir frying. Marinades, drizzling.|
|Peanut oil (often called ground nut oil)||
Shallow and stir frying. Dressings. Adds a nutty flavour.
|Grape Seed oil||
Shallow, deep and stir frying.
Your Air Fryer can be used to cook fresh or frozen foods. Always ensure that the ingredients are evenly coated with oil. Do not load more than 2 kg of food in the cooking basket.
Note: Frozen foods and other foods with high water content may cause steam to escape
the Air Fryer.
- Plug the Air Fryer into an electrical outlet.
- Turn the temperature control knob to the required temperature.
- To switch the Air Fryer on, turn the time control knob to the desired cooking time. The power and heating lights will illuminate.
Note: For best results, add an additional 3-5 minutes for preheat before placing food in the Air Fryer.
- Use the handle to gently pull the cooking tray from the Air Fryer. Place food in the removable cooking basket and replace the tray back into the air fryer properly. If the tray is not inserted properly, the appliance will not operate.
- To ensure crispiness, some foods require shaking halfway through the cooking process. To do this, pull the cooking tray out of the appliance by the handle and gently shake/stir the food. Then slide the tray back into the air fryer and continue to cook.
Note: Do not press the basket release button on the handle while shaking the cooking tray. Make sure the basket release shield is in place to prevent accidental release of the basket from the tray.
- When you hear the timer bell, the set cooking time has finished. Pull the tray out of the appliance and place it on a heat resistant surface. Check if the foods are ready. If not, simply put back into the Air Fryer and set the time for a few extra minutes.
- When the food is ready, carefully pull the cooking tray from the Air Fryer and push the clear basket release shield forward with your thumb. Press the basket release button and lift the basket out of the tray. Empty basket of food into serving bowl or plate. For larger or fragile items, use tongs to lift the food out of the basket.
- Do not use metallic utensils to take food residues out from the cooking tray or the cooking basket.
- Use heat resistant, non-metallic utensils, to take out food from the removable cooking tray.
cooking popular, convenience and frozen foods
The following table provides basic cooking guidelines for popular, convenience and frozen foods. Please note that due to the variations in thickness and size of the foods being cooked some experimentation may be required for the best cooking results. Always ensure that the food is thoroughly cooked to food-safe temperature throughout before consuming.
Note: For crispier results it is recommended to shake the fryer basket 1-2 times throughout the cooking cycle.
|Cooking Time (mins)||Cooking Temp (Degrees C)||
20oz frozen fries
|18-20||200||Remove and shake basket periodically||–|
|8/10oz frozen fries||12-16||200||Remove and shake basket periodically||
8oz frozen potato tots
|12-16||200||Cover basket in one layer||–|
|8oz frozen cheese sticks||8-10||200||Cover basket in one layer||
16oz frozen hash browns
|8-10||200||Coat basket lightly with oil||1|
Frozen turkey burger
|10-12 medium well
13-15 well done
|Frozen beef burger||8-10 medium well
11-13 well done
Frozen small chicken nuggets
|14-16||200||Cover basket in one layer||–|
|Fresh chicken breast||16-20||200||Wash and pat dry||
|Fresh chicken drumsticks||20-25||200||Wash and pat dry||
care and cleaning
Always unplug your Air Fryer and allow it to cool completely before cleaning it.
NEVER immerse the MAIN body, power cord or plug in water or any other liquid.
Never use harsh abrasive cleaners or cleaning materials.
- Carefully wipe any oil spatter from the heating fan cover with kitchen paper. Wipe over the outer body with a clean, slightly damp cloth and dry.
- Wash the removable cooking basket, cooking tray and handle with warm soapy water using a cloth, sponge or non-abrasive brush. Dry completely before use or storage.
To remove the cooking basket from the tray:
- Slide the basket release shield forward.
- Press the basket release button.
- To refit basket to the cooking tray, position the basket over the top of the body then pivot the basket downward into place until the lock clicks.
For product questions contact:
Oster Consumer Service
|Electric characteristics of series models: CKSTAF55-XXX|
|60 Hz||1 700 W|
|127 V||60 Hz||
1 700 W
1 550 W
|220 V||50 Hz||
1 550 W
© 2019 Sunbeam Products, Inc. All rights reserved. Distributed by Sunbeam Products, Inc., Boca
Raton, Florida 33431.