Panasonic RZ-NJ320B Bluetooth Headphones
Model No. RZ-NJ320B
Thank you for purchasing this product.
Please read these instructions carefully before using this product, and save this manual for future use.
Kadoma, Osaka, Japan
Authorized Representative in Europe:
Panasonic Marketing Europe GmbH
Panasonic Testing Centre
Winsbergring 15, 22525 Hamburg, Germany
© Panasonic Corporation 2020
More detailed operating instructions are available in “Operating Instructions (PDF format)”.
To read it, download it from the website.
Click the desired language.
Expressions used in this document
• The product illustrations may differ from the actual product.
Please check and identify the supplied accessories.
- 1 x USB charging cord
- 1 x Earpieces set (S, M, L)
• M-size earpieces are attached at the time of purchase.
To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock or product damage,
- Do not expose this unit to rain, moisture, dripping or splashing.
- Do not place objects filled with liquids, such as vases, on this unit.
- Use the recommended accessories.
- Do not remove covers.
- Do not repair this unit by yourself. Refer servicing to qualified service personnel.
Avoid the use in the following conditions
- High or low extreme temperatures during use, storage or transportation.
- Disposal of a battery into fire or a hot oven, or mechanically crushing or cutting of a battery, that can result in an explosion.
- Extremely high temperature and/or extremely low air pressure that can result in an explosion or the leakage of flammable liquid or gas.
- Avoid using or placing this unit near sources of heat.
- Do not listen with this unit at high volume in places where you need to hear sounds from the surrounding environment for safety, such as at railroad crossings, and construction sites.
- Do not use this unit near medical devices. This unit uses magnets, so it can affect the operation of the pacemakers, defibrillators, and other medical devices. If you are using such devices and have concerns, consult your doctor before starting to use this product.
- Keep this unit away from something susceptible to the magnetism. Such devices as a clock may not operate correctly.
- Keep the earpieces out of reach of children to prevent swallowing.
- Securely attach the earpieces. If they are left in the ears after coming off, injury or sickness may be caused.
- Discontinue use if you experience discomfort with the earphones or any other parts that directly contact your skin.
- Continued use may cause rashes or other allergic reactions.
Precautions for listening with the Earphones
- Excessive sound pressure from earphones and headphones can cause hearing loss.
- Do not use your earphones at a high volume. Hearing experts advise against continuous extended play.
- If you experience a ringing in your ears, reduce volume or discontinue use.
- Do not use while operating a motorised vehicle. It may create a traffic hazard and is illegal in many areas.
- You should use extreme caution or temporarily discontinue use in potentially hazardous situations.
This unit may receive radio interference caused by mobile telephones during use. If such interference occurs, please increase separation between this unit and the mobile telephone.
Use only the supplied USB charging cord when connecting to a computer.
*1 It may be shorter depending on the operating conditions.
*2 The time required to charge the battery from empty to full.
• Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Before requesting service, make the following checks. If you are in doubt about some of the check points, or if the remedies indicated do not solve the problem, consult your dealer for instructions.
- Make sure that the unit and the Bluetooth® device are connected correctly.
- Check if music is playing on the Bluetooth® device.
- Make sure that the unit is turned on and the volume is not set too low.
- Pair and connect the Bluetooth® device and the unit again.
- Check if the Bluetooth® compatible device supports “A2DP” profile. For details on profiles, see “Listening to music” in “Operating Instructions (PDF format)”. Also refer to the operating manual for the Bluetooth® compatible device.
- Increase the volume of the unit.
- Increase the volume on the Bluetooth® device.
Sound from the device is cut off. / Too much noise. / Sound quality is bad.
- Sound may be disrupted if signals are blocked. Do not fully cover this unit with the palm of your hand, etc.
- The device may be out of the 10 m communication range. Move the device closer to this unit.
- Remove any obstacle between this unit and the device.
- Switch off any wireless LAN device when not in use.
The device cannot be connected.
- Delete the pairing information for this unit from the Bluetooth® device, then pair them again.
You cannot hear the other person.
- Make sure that the unit and the Bluetooth® enabled phone are turned on.
- Check if the unit and the Bluetooth® enabled phone are connected.
- Check the audio settings of the Bluetooth® enabled phone. Switch the calling device to the unit if it is set to the Bluetooth® enabled phone.
- If the volume of the other person’s voice is too low, increase the volume of both the unit and the Bluetooth® enabled phone.
Cannot make a phone call.
- Check if the Bluetooth® compatible device supports “HSP” or “HFP” profile. For details on profiles, see “Listening to music” and “Making a phone call” in “Operating Instructions (PDF format)”. Also refer to the operating manual for the Bluetooth® enabled phone.
The unit does not respond.
- This unit can be reset when all operations are rejected. To reset the unit, connect the unit to a computer using the USB charging cord. (The pairing device information will not be deleted.)
Cannot charge the unit.
- Is the USB port you are currently using working properly? If your computer has other USB ports, unplug the connector from its current port and plug it into one of the other ports.
- If the measures mentioned above are not applicable, unplug the USB charging cord and plug it in again.
- If the charge time and operating time become shortened, the battery may have run down. (Number of charging times of the installed battery: Approximately 300)
LED does not light during charging. / LED blinks during charging. / Charging takes longer.
- Is the USB charging cord connected firmly to the USB terminal of the computer?
- Make sure to charge in a room temperature between 10 oC and 35 oC.
The power does not turn on.
- Is the unit being charged? The power cannot be turned ON during charging. (l Rear page, )
Declaration of Conformity (DoC)
Hereby, “Panasonic Corporation” declares that this product is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Directive 2014/53/EU.
Customers can download a copy of the original DoC to our RE products from our DoC server:
Contact to Authorized Representative:
Panasonic Marketing Europe GmbH,
Panasonic Testing Centre, Winsbergring 15, 22525 Hamburg, Germany
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Panasonic Corporation is under license.
Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
Siri is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Other system names and product names appearing in this document are in general the registered trademarks or trademarks of the respective developer companies.
Note that the TM mark and ® mark do not appear in this document.
Only for European Union and countries with recycling systems
These symbols indicate separate collection of waste electrical and electronic equipment or waste batteries.
More detailed information is contained in “Operating Instructions (PDF format)”.
Restrictions of use
- Wireless transmission and/or usage with all Bluetooth® equipped devices is not guaranteed.
- Depending on the specifications and settings of a device, it can fail to connect or some operations can be different.
A. Part names
The rechargeable battery (installed in the unit) is not charged initially. Charge the battery before using the unit.
- It is not possible to turn the power on or connect to Bluetooth® devices during charging.
- Make sure the computer is turned on and is not on standby or sleep mode.
- Do not use any other USB charging cords except the supplied one.
- When the battery level starts to run low while you are using the unit, red blinks will be added to the blue blinking sequences of the LED, and you will also be notified by one beep about every 3 minutes. When the battery runs out, an English guidance message will be heard and the power will turn off.
C. Turning the power on/off
D. Connecting a Bluetooth® device
E. Using the earphones
Clean this unit with a dry and soft cloth.
- Do not use solvents including benzine, thinner, alcohol, kitchen detergent, a chemical wiper, etc. This may deteriorate or discolour the exterior case.
Keeping the battery performance
- During the long period of disuse, full charge this unit once every 6 months to keep the battery performance.
- Close the USB lid securely.
- Do not touch the charging terminal with wet hand.
- If sweat or liquid is attached to the charging terminal, malfunction may occur.
To remove the battery when disposing of this unit
The following instructions are not intended for repairing purposes but for the disposal of this unit. This unit is not restorable once disassembled.
- When disposing of this unit, take out the battery installed in this unit and recycle it.
As the rechargeable battery is specifically for this product, do not use it for any other device.
Do not charge the removed battery.
- Do not heat or expose to flame.
- Do not leave the battery(ies) in a car exposed to direct sunlight for a long period of time with doors and windows closed.
- Do not pierce the battery with a nail, subject it to an impact, or dismantle or modify it.
- Do not let the wires touch any other metal or each other.
- Do not carry or store the battery with a necklace, hair pin, or the like.
Doing so may cause the battery to generate heat, ignite, or rupture.
Do not place the removed battery, and other items within reach of infants.
Accidental swallowing of such an item may have an adverse effect on the body.
- In the event that you think such an item has been swallowed, consult a doctor immediately.
In the event of fluid leaking from the battery, take the following measure, and do not touch the fluid with bare hands.
Fluid entering into an eye may cause loss of eyesight.
- Wash the eye with water immediately without rubbing it, and then consult a doctor.
Fluid getting on your body or clothes may cause inflammation of the skin or injury.
- Sufficiently rinse with clean water, and then consult a doctor.
A lithium-ion polymer rechargeable battery is built in to the battery case. Please discard according to local regulations. When disposing this product, disassemble properly by following the procedure, and remove the internal rechargeable battery.
- Disassemble after the battery runs out.
- When disposing of the battery, please contact your local authorities or dealer and ask for the correct method of disposal.
Panasonic Australia Pty. Ltd. 1 Innovat ion Road, Macquarie Park NSW 2113
Provides a 12 month parts & labour warranty on this product for manufacturing defects from date of purchase. In addit ion to your rights under this warranty, Panasonic products come with consumer guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. If there is a major failure with the product, you can reject the product and elect to have a refund or to have the product replaced or if you wish you may elect to keep the goods and be compensated for the drop in value of the goods. You are also ent itled to have the product repaired or replaced if the
product fails to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. For full details or to claim warranty please contact Panasonic Customer Care on 132 600 or visit
For the United Kingdom and Ireland customers
Sales and Support Information
Customer Communications Centre
- For customers within the UK: 0344 844 3899
- For customers within Ireland: 01 289 8333
- Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (Excluding public holidays).
- For further support on your product, please visit our website: www.panasonic.co.uk
Direct Sales at Panasonic UK
- Order accessory and consumable items for your product with ease and confidence by phoning our Customer Communications Centre Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (Excluding public holidays).
- Or go on line through our Internet Accessory ordering application at www.pas-europe.com
- Most major credit and debit cards accepted.
- All enquiries transactions and distribution facilities are provided directly by Panasonic UK.
- It couldn’t be simpler!
- Also available through our Internet is direct shopping for a wide range of finished products. Take a browse on our website for further details.
For Thailand only
This telecommunication equipment conforms to NTC/NBTC technical requirement.
For Singapore only
Complies with IMDA Standards DB01017
Read More About This Manual & Download PDF:
- Panasonic Australia | Air Con | Cameras | Home Appliances
- Panasonic Testing Centre
- Panasonic North America | Technologies that Move Us
- Electronics, Beauty & Appliances | Panasonic UK & Ireland
- RZ-NJ320B | Operating Instructions Download | Panasonic
- Panasonic UK/Eire Spare Part Sales
- Digital AV | Support | Panasonic Global